The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How have you experienced STRUGGLE and PAIN in your journey?

A post of a ranting nature...

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
TLDR:
I'm really curious to hear more about how you (my fellow entrepreneurs) have experienced struggle and pain in your journey? What do you consider pain or struggle?

Here's the long reason why I'm asking this question, feel free to skip.
I'm getting slight anxiety over the fact that entrepreneurship hasn't been OVERLY painful for me.
I feel that I haven't struggled nearly HALF as much as what you read/hear when you first get started. "You're going to have to work shit jobs until you can make it. you'll be down to your last pennies. Some months you'll be hungry, you'll be doubting yourself constantly, people will question you, you have to be willing to sleep in your car!" None of this was my experience. It almost makes me feel like something bad is bound to happen because I hadn't experience any of that.

I left my job with savings- got my first paying customer within a month, hit $10k/month in profit in the first year and honestly can't say I've struggled, quite the opposite.

I suppose it depends on the person and your outlook? I worked harder and longer hours than anyone in my industry for a number of years to develop great contacts, sales and marketing skills - and this helped immensely.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I also suppose if I were to pick out "painful" things I've experienced:
  • Working 14+ hour days is painful, nobody likes that
  • Had to give up video games which were big with my friends
  • Saving up 12K was painful while working, forgoing other luxuries at the time
  • I paced the floor in my office hyperventilating before quitting my job - this was scary and painful
  • Having my girlfriend tell me I made a mistake at the time was painful
But I don't necessarily consider this "struggle", more so things I was expecting.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
I wouldn't see any reason why you'd fail now. Just keep your eye on the prize!

Inspiring story btw

I've heard of people loosing everything they had, people becoming homeless...not to scare you, just to say that anything could happen.

But you have great relationships!

You can always depend on those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Hey TreyAllDay

a lot of us can relate to you in your 'pains'.

I don't like to self-advertise, which I will do right now - I started a thread because there are different types of pains and struggles...

For me? I also wasn't struggling with some areas of my life, that other people did. It didn't get me to be happy though. You might have got to a 10k a month, but to go further and faster, you might also need to experience pain, depression and other feelings that make us uncomfortable.

There is no fair, equality and this stupid PC shit talk, in our world, so you might never experience anything bad.

You are aware, as you wrote

It almost makes me feel like something bad is bound to happen because I hadn't experience any of that.

It might but it might not. Maybe you have it all figured out, you know. Your parents brought you up properly, you have correct environment and DNA.

It's always good to stretch yourself though. Do you stretch yourself mentally? Do you feel uncomfortable? When does it happen?

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
You set down a good foundation. Did the groundwork. Built the skills and relationships. Made sacrifices beforehand. That will alleviate a good portion of the pain and suffering you would have had if you had started with no job, no contacts, no skills, no savings and in a new city where you knew no one.

So thoughtful pre-planning can remove uncertainty, pain and suffering? Who would have thought that? ;)

I'm Curious about your post. Because you have had a fairly easy ride do you feel like a fraud? Do you fear Kama is going to somehow even things up at some point in the future?

Sometimes you can build a successful business and not notice (or be in denial) that the world is changing around you and leaving you, either behind, or going down a wrong path (take Blockbuster for example).

But if you keep your eyes open and a focus on the road ahead plus you are small enough and nibble enough to pivot and readjust as the road turns then why should your path get harder?

When I have built businesses in the past I put a lot of hours and effort into the startup phase but that was the part I enjoyed the most. I guess in some ways I thrived on the uncertainty ahead even though I had done my due diligence (like yourself). Ensuring as far as I could that things would go smoothly with as little chance of failure as possible.

My pain points and struggles are boredom and apathy which come from running the businesses for several years. I soon get itchy feet and want to set off in a new direction and create something different.

Last edited:

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
You might have got to a 10k a month, but to go further and faster, you might also need to experience pain, depression and other feelings that make us uncomfortable.
Thank you for your insight - I think this is something I forget a lot, is it's all relative. Some people in the thread may feel like 10k a month would be a "failure" compared to where they are now. I'm still only slightly past my goal from a year ago, having gotten caught up in the day-to-day management and retracting from sales, growing the business may take some painful risks like hiring sales staff and I've been relatively risk adverse over the last year.

I'm Curious about your post. Because you have had a fairly easy ride do you feel like a fraud?
I think this is it - I imagined this "super cinematic triumphant rebirth" after launching lol. I made so many life-style changes in the year before the launch to prepare, but didn't really feel it after launching the business.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Thank you for your insight - I think this is something I forget a lot, is it's all relative. Some people in the thread may feel like 10k a month would be a "failure" compared to where they are now. I'm still only slightly past my goal from a year ago, having gotten caught up in the day-to-day management and retracting from sales, growing the business may take some painful risks like hiring sales staff and I've been relatively risk adverse over the last year.

I am thanking you for the thread. You seem to have a really good mindset and it all depends on what you want/need. We can stay at 10k a month, and never develop, for the next 40 years... but more probably someone will compete with us and if we stay complacent...

I am looking forward to your next updates.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.