The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How good is my landing page?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Lou7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 10, 2023
Landing Page

@MaximOntheRoad helped me to get 10% CTR. However, the LP was shit, zero sales with 50 clicks.

Then, I did some changes. Now, I'm trying to use the following framework:

1. Promise
2. Proof
3. Contest the objection (I could not think of this one yet tho)
4. Offer

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Oct 5, 2018
You need to call out your audience, because right now it's not clear who this is for.

And what does "churn" refer to - a churn of customers or employees?

GideonEkasi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Nov 6, 2023
The link is on the top of the thread, here as well
A lot of things come into play when you want to get traffic to convert. Your landing page could use a little improvement on the layout. I do not know who designed it for you, but you could ask them to not make it so bland. As for the copy on the page, as a copywriter myself I think it's okay, but it could still be greatly improved[simplified] to increase conversion. I could do a rewrite for you if you wish.
The link is on the top of the thread, here as well

Lou7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 10, 2023
You need to call out your audience, because right now it's not clear who this is for.

And what does "churn" refer to - a churn of customers or employees?
Tks man

• Audience: customer success managers or leaders
  • Churn: cancelation rate of SaaS companies

Will do the adjusments

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Oct 5, 2018
  • Churn: cancelation rate of SaaS companies
You should also specify that it's about SaaS companies - I am guessing there are customer success managers in various fields (including ones that don't deal with SaaS-related businesses).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Landing Page

@MaximOntheRoad helped me to get 10% CTR. However, the LP was shit, zero sales with 50 clicks.

1. Promise
2. Proof
4. Offer

What do you think?

Tip: Look at the page shrunk down so you don't get bogged down reading the details.

What do you want people to read first, and where do you want their attention to flow?

What's the first element you want people to look at?

Is it the headline? Does the image to the right compete with it?

What do you want people to read after the headline? Do you want them to read down to the subheading, or across to the right to the image?

What do you want them to read next? The "Buy Now" button?

Control the flow.

Ask yourself what each part of the page is there for.

e.g. "Monthly Churn Series Data of my Team".

If you had to tell someone why you've included that title and graph then what would you say?
Maybe add that as a subheading as I've no idea why that's in there and you're making me think.

Don't make me think.

Another tip: post screenshots in all your communications with clients, team members, and in your change log. That saves people going in and out of links to see what's there.

1700062878151.png

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
At a higher level... who's visiting, and why? How did they get to the page?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Oh, buddy ...where do we even begin?

If you're not ready for very direct feedback, read no further.

Landing Page

If you're one of the best in the world, your conversion rate will be 3%

The. Best. In. The. WORLD.

Not 300%. Not 30%. Three.

That means if you were the best in the world, you would've got 1 sale out of 50 clicks.

This page and the sales pitch aren't even average.

So, first thought. You need a LOT more traffic. I don't even check stats until it's hit 10,000 clicks. There's no statistical relevance in the data.

But before ANY of that, you've GOT to fix this page and your offer.

Selling a $12 thing to a stranger is just as hard as selling a $10,000 thing.

You need to sell a LOT harder than this.

1. Promise
2. Proof
4. Offer

What do you think?

Looks like you're kind of copying a Digital Marketer landing page with those colors and stock images.

Which is fine, but digital marketer doesn't even follow their own advice anymore. So I'll GIVE you some of their advice and hopefully you follow it.

Sooo... let's start from the beginning.

Decide if you're going to sell to the Portuguese market or the "big 4" (US, UK, Can, Australia). If you're going to sell to the English speaking world, make sure there's no Portuguese in the title, meta data, or affiliate badge on the bottom right.

Now let's go 1 by 1:

1. Market Callout

The very first thing that needs to be read and understood in 0.7 seconds (the actual time it takes someone to bounce off the page) is "Who is this for?"

HR Managers? Sales Managers? CROs? It needs to literally say "HEY BALD GUYS READ THIS IF YOU WANT HAIR"

:xx: You have no callout

2. Is it clear, concise, and easy to understand?

If you do a proper callout and someone says "oh, this is for me because I AM an HR manager" (or whatever.

Now you've got less than 5 seconds to explain: what's in it for me? Why should I care? and what do I do next?

:xx:Your page says "Learn how to reduce churn by 70% or more from someone who did it" ... Churn of what? Butter churn? For who? Churn of Janitors? Do I have a janitor churning problem? Maybe I do... Oh maybe he's talking bout churn of girlfriends. What is the word churn anyways? that's a funny word, isn't it?

3. Compelling Headline

Headlines are what explain your offer in a sentence. If your offer sucks, no headline is going to save it. However, cutting a sales team's churn by 70% would be impressive. I prefer a headline of "How To [YAY!] Without [BOO!] Even If [Common Problem]" for beginners.

The "from someone who's done it" does not add to your current headline. Nobody cares about you until you've proven you have something for them. It doesn't give the authority you think it does. It's a throwaway statement.

:xx:Your headline: "Learn how to reduce churn by 70% from someone who did it"

4. Proof

If you can just prove your product/service does what you say it does, you don't have to sell anything.

Your graph is hard to read and understand. Nobody knows what this means except you. Spell it out for me. Give me anecdotal stories. Number are important BUT the average person does NOT want to do math. They do NOT want to feel dumb. They do NOT want to work in a sales presentation. Explain to me what this means. Looks like the numbers went up! I thought they were supposed to go DOWN!

You should have some kind of a testimonial, a story, a picture, reasons why people stayed... funny thing is I just realized it's a "customer success" playbook... I'm even sitting here thinking it's how to get a sales team to stay on at their job... THIS IS HOW UNCLEAR YOUR OFFER IS.

:xx:You've got no testimonials, stories, or good visual representations of the product and what it does.

5. Brand Consistency

This is a huge subject... shortcut this by finding someone who is already successful in this market, model their landing page (if it's any good), change the colors to YOUR colors. If you're struggling as our boy ChatGPT to create you a brand guide.

:xx:Colors are dull and uninviting

6. Ad Congruency

I don't know what your ad looks like but the colors and language in your ad need to match your landing page so when someone clicks they think "I'm in the right place"

7. Privacy Policy & Terms of Service

I don't know how your ads got approved without these.

You need them.

8. CTA above the fold

Here's one you DO have. BUT it just says Buy now. It doesn't say what, how much, there's no visual representation of the product I'm buying (that image does NOT represent a book, please don't tell me it does). Get on Canva. It's free. Make a decent mockup.

9. Contrasting Button Color & Easy to Read Offer on Text

Maybe it's just me but that button color makes my eyes want to explode. Tone down the lime green a few shades. "Buy Now" IS very clear... but it doesn't say what I'm buying. I'd like to see your button say "Get The Customer Service Playbook For Only $12" (or whatever). With a subtext of 30-Day Money Back Guarantee or something along those lines.

10. Limited Navigation

This is good. It means you don't have other links on the landing page. It keeps them focused on this page. However, your buy button leads me to a second cart page. I'd prefer your cart be ON this page. Or at least pop-up / overlaid when you hit the button.

11. Use Visual Cues

The one visual cue you have is an arrow pointing AWAY from the buy now button and down to Monthly Churn Series Data of My Team (p.s. what the hell does that even mean?)

Visual cues should point to what you want them to pay attention to. Think it through a bit. Don't just put an arrow because you think there needs to be an arrow. Make it DO something.

12. Hero Shot

I've already mentioned this but you don't have a visual representation a "hero shot" of your product you're selling. This is no the 1990s. You can't get away with just "buy the thing" without telling me what it is, what it looks like, how it's going to get to me. Is this printed? Is it digital? Is it Kindle? How do I receive it? Am I buying a jpeg? Maybe one with little smiley faces on it?

13. Relevant Form Fields

Your cart probably doesn't need address unless you're shipping them something. Which I doubt you could at this pricepoint.

Same issues as before. If you AREN'T going to put the cart on the same page as the landing page, then you need to clearly restate the offer, SHOW me what I'm getting, REMIND ME why I'm buying this as I'm pulling out my credit card.

14. Optimize for Mobile

Your spacing and text is a little rough on mobile. The site looks BETTER on mobile than it does on my desktop but it needs a lot of work. You're just missing so much on the page. It probably needs 15 more sections. Text. Images. SELL ME

You're missing SO much from this page.

============
Here's how I normally structure my pitches (I'm usually live on stage or on webinar but a pitch is a pitch and needs to have a structure. Hopefully this helps)
============

1. Start with bold promise, amazing result, shock and awe
2. Make a brief introduction of yourself
(make sure it's brief and relevant to THEM. nobody cares about your plane)
3. Mention Giveaways, Bonuses, Discounts for staying on live (when I do this live, I do this, but you should have bonuses for purchasing).
4. Mention no replays (obviously you're not on video but you do NOT have any scarcity. you need a sense of scarcity and urgency either way)
5. Tell them what’s coming + How their life transforms if they figure this out
6. Ask for permission to sell at the end
(this is usually implied on a sales page, so you can skip this)
7. Describe the Promise, and WHY WHY WHY it’s important. It’s a solution, change, the future
8. YOU can do this
9. Testimonial/Example/Student success stories’
10. Proof images that it works
11. Why people fail
12. 3-10 things they should do to succeed
13. Show how those things becomes big math – project out time savings or money earned
14. 3 FAQs
15. "So many questions, it’s why I created a book" (
why you made this)
16. It’s easy to afford and do
17. It’s guaranteed (
for the love of god do better than 7 days).
18. Here’s what it is (full features and rundown)
19. Proof it works
20. Price Juxtaposition
21. Price
22. Guarantee
23. Discount (
for you, simply slash the price)
24. Proof
25. Bonus #1 + Proof bonus works
26. Bonus #2 + Proof bonus works
27. Bonus #3 + Proof bonus works
28. Recap with prices
29. Repeat Discount
30. Surprise Bonus #4 + Proof bonus works + Only get this if you buy by midnight

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 11, 2019
Zero sales at 50 clicks is normal. Make it 500 clicks and then make conclusions. You first work on getting qualified leads at a price that makes sense, then improve conversions. Although, you're in a tough spot, here's why.

Divide your sales process into 2 parts:

1. Traffic source - get targeted visitors to your landing page at a cost that you can work with. Your product seems to be a digital guide, thus 100% of the price ($12,90) is profit. This means you need to get visitors for a cost that is below your price.

However...

2. If you get targeted visitors at let's say $5 and have a statistically high 10% conversion rate, you would still lose money. 100 visitors ($500) / 10% conversion rate. = $129 in sales (and a $371 loss in spend).

This 2-part process helps you figure out whether your leads cost too much or your conversions suck.

So, what can you do? Get incredibly cheap yet qualified leads (won't get them cheap enough with meta ads or any paid ads really), or have an insanely high conversion rate (unrealistically high).

Your only real options are - to create a more valuable product at a higher price point or get extremely cheap traffic (relevant forums, social media, word of mouth).

The landing page is trash (look up successful examples of digital products like THIS), but I wouldn't bother with improving it. Create an actually valuable product that you can sell at a higher price point.

Lou7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 10, 2023
Zero sales at 50 clicks is normal. Make it 500 clicks and then make conclusions. You first work on getting qualified leads at a price that makes sense, then improve conversions. Although, you're in a tough spot, here's why.

Divide your sales process into 2 parts:

1. Traffic source - get targeted visitors to your landing page at a cost that you can work with. Your product seems to be a digital guide, thus 100% of the price ($12,90) is profit. This means you need to get visitors for a cost that is below your price.

However...

2. If you get targeted visitors at let's say $5 and have a statistically high 10% conversion rate, you would still lose money. 100 visitors ($500) / 10% conversion rate. = $129 in sales (and a $371 loss in spend).

This 2-part process helps you figure out whether your leads cost too much or your conversions suck.

So, what can you do? Get incredibly cheap yet qualified leads (won't get them cheap enough with meta ads or any paid ads really), or have an insanely high conversion rate (unrealistically high).

Your only real options are - to create a more valuable product at a higher price point or get extremely cheap traffic (relevant forums, social media, word of mouth).

The landing page is trash (look up successful examples of digital products like THIS), but I wouldn't bother with improving it. Create an actually valuable product that you can sell at a higher price point.
thanks very much!! @Devilery

• CPC right now is around $1,2. How low is this? With this CPC and price I need at least ~ 10% conversion rate to get a profit
  • 10% conversion is really high, got it. With 3% conversion and same 1,2 CPC, I need to charge ~ $36 for an ebook LOL
  • conclusion: if $1.2 CPC is already good, I need to use another channel with free advertising. I could use the ebook for a freemium strategy linked to a couple hundred dollars video course: "create an actually valuable product that you can sell at a higher price point"
Did I get it right?

Last edited:

Lou7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 10, 2023
Oh, buddy ...where do we even begin?

If you're not ready for very direct feedback, read no further.

If you're one of the best in the world
, your conversion rate will be 3%

The. Best. In. The. WORLD.

Not 300%. Not 30%. Three.

That means if you were the best in the world, you would've got 1 sale out of 50 clicks.

This page and the sales pitch aren't even average.

So, first thought. You need a LOT more traffic. I don't even check stats until it's hit 10,000 clicks. There's no statistical relevance in the data.

But before ANY of that, you've GOT to fix this page and your offer.

Selling a $12 thing to a stranger is just as hard as selling a $10,000 thing.

You need to sell a LOT harder than this.

Looks like you're kind of copying a Digital Marketer landing page with those colors and stock images.

Which is fine, but digital marketer doesn't even follow their own advice anymore. So I'll GIVE you some of their advice and hopefully you follow it.

Sooo... let's start from the beginning.

Decide if you're going to sell to the Portuguese market or the "big 4" (US, UK, Can, Australia). If you're going to sell to the English speaking world, make sure there's no Portuguese in the title, meta data, or affiliate badge on the bottom right.

Now let's go 1 by 1:

1. Market Callout

The very first thing that needs to be read and understood in 0.7 seconds (the actual time it takes someone to bounce off the page) is "Who is this for?"

HR Managers? Sales Managers? CROs? It needs to literally say "HEY BALD GUYS READ THIS IF YOU WANT HAIR"

:xx: You have no callout

2. Is it clear, concise, and easy to understand?

If you do a proper callout and someone says "oh, this is for me because I AM an HR manager" (or whatever.

Now you've got less than 5 seconds to explain: what's in it for me? Why should I care? and what do I do next?

:xx:Your page says "Learn how to reduce churn by 70% or more from someone who did it" ... Churn of what? Butter churn? For who? Churn of Janitors? Do I have a janitor churning problem? Maybe I do... Oh maybe he's talking bout churn of girlfriends. What is the word churn anyways? that's a funny word, isn't it?

3. Compelling Headline

Headlines are what explain your offer in a sentence. If your offer sucks, no headline is going to save it. However, cutting a sales team's churn by 70% would be impressive. I prefer a headline of "How To [YAY!] Without [BOO!] Even If [Common Problem]" for beginners.

The "from someone who's done it" does not add to your current headline. Nobody cares about you until you've proven you have something for them. It doesn't give the authority you think it does. It's a throwaway statement.

:xx:Your headline: "Learn how to reduce churn by 70% from someone who did it"

4. Proof

If you can just prove your product/service does what you say it does, you don't have to sell anything.

Your graph is hard to read and understand. Nobody knows what this means except you. Spell it out for me. Give me anecdotal stories. Number are important BUT the average person does NOT want to do math. They do NOT want to feel dumb. They do NOT want to work in a sales presentation. Explain to me what this means. Looks like the numbers went up! I thought they were supposed to go DOWN!

You should have some kind of a testimonial, a story, a picture, reasons why people stayed... funny thing is I just realized it's a "customer success" playbook... I'm even sitting here thinking it's how to get a sales team to stay on at their job... THIS IS HOW UNCLEAR YOUR OFFER IS.

:xx:You've got no testimonials, stories, or good visual representations of the product and what it does.

5. Brand Consistency

This is a huge subject... shortcut this by finding someone who is already successful in this market, model their landing page (if it's any good), change the colors to YOUR colors. If you're struggling as our boy ChatGPT to create you a brand guide.

:xx:Colors are dull and uninviting

6. Ad Congruency

I don't know what your ad looks like but the colors and language in your ad need to match your landing page so when someone clicks they think "I'm in the right place"

7. Privacy Policy & Terms of Service

I don't know how your ads got approved without these.

You need them.

8. CTA above the fold

Here's one you DO have. BUT it just says Buy now. It doesn't say what, how much, there's no visual representation of the product I'm buying (that image does NOT represent a book, please don't tell me it does). Get on Canva. It's free. Make a decent mockup.

9. Contrasting Button Color & Easy to Read Offer on Text

Maybe it's just me but that button color makes my eyes want to explode. Tone down the lime green a few shades. "Buy Now" IS very clear... but it doesn't say what I'm buying. I'd like to see your button say "Get The Customer Service Playbook For Only $12" (or whatever). With a subtext of 30-Day Money Back Guarantee or something along those lines.

10. Limited Navigation

This is good. It means you don't have other links on the landing page. It keeps them focused on this page. However, your buy button leads me to a second cart page. I'd prefer your cart be ON this page. Or at least pop-up / overlaid when you hit the button.

11. Use Visual Cues

The one visual cue you have is an arrow pointing AWAY from the buy now button and down to Monthly Churn Series Data of My Team (p.s. what the hell does that even mean?)

Visual cues should point to what you want them to pay attention to. Think it through a bit. Don't just put an arrow because you think there needs to be an arrow. Make it DO something.

12. Hero Shot

I've already mentioned this but you don't have a visual representation a "hero shot" of your product you're selling. This is no the 1990s. You can't get away with just "buy the thing" without telling me what it is, what it looks like, how it's going to get to me. Is this printed? Is it digital? Is it Kindle? How do I receive it? Am I buying a jpeg? Maybe one with little smiley faces on it?

13. Relevant Form Fields

Your cart probably doesn't need address unless you're shipping them something. Which I doubt you could at this pricepoint.

Same issues as before. If you AREN'T going to put the cart on the same page as the landing page, then you need to clearly restate the offer, SHOW me what I'm getting, REMIND ME why I'm buying this as I'm pulling out my credit card.

14. Optimize for Mobile

Your spacing and text is a little rough on mobile. The site looks BETTER on mobile than it does on my desktop but it needs a lot of work. You're just missing so much on the page. It probably needs 15 more sections. Text. Images. SELL ME

You're missing SO much from this page.

============
Here's how I normally structure my pitches (I'm usually live on stage or on webinar but a pitch is a pitch and needs to have a structure. Hopefully this helps)
============

1. Start with bold promise, amazing result, shock and awe
2. Make a brief introduction of yourself
(make sure it's brief and relevant to THEM. nobody cares about your plane)
3. Mention Giveaways, Bonuses, Discounts for staying on live (when I do this live, I do this, but you should have bonuses for purchasing).
4. Mention no replays (obviously you're not on video but you do NOT have any scarcity. you need a sense of scarcity and urgency either way)
5. Tell them what’s coming + How their life transforms if they figure this out
6. Ask for permission to sell at the end
(this is usually implied on a sales page, so you can skip this)
7. Describe the Promise, and WHY WHY WHY it’s important. It’s a solution, change, the future
8. YOU can do this
9. Testimonial/Example/Student success stories’
10. Proof images that it works
11. Why people fail
12. 3-10 things they should do to succeed
13. Show how those things becomes big math – project out time savings or money earned
14. 3 FAQs
15. "So many questions, it’s why I created a book" (
why you made this)
16. It’s easy to afford and do
17. It’s guaranteed (
for the love of god do better than 7 days).
18. Here’s what it is (full features and rundown)
19. Proof it works
20. Price Juxtaposition
21. Price
22. Guarantee
23. Discount (
for you, simply slash the price)
24. Proof
25. Bonus #1 + Proof bonus works
26. Bonus #2 + Proof bonus works
27. Bonus #3 + Proof bonus works
28. Recap with prices
29. Repeat Discount
30. Surprise Bonus #4 + Proof bonus works + Only get this if you buy by midnight
I sincerely cannot express how grateful I am right now for your post, @Kung Fu Steve. Your post has become a tutorial for me to create a better landing page :)

"Selling a $12 thing to a stranger is just as hard as selling a $10,000 thing." --> I needed this.

I will make a compromise and create a second version. I will post it here by Monday. Even if the focus isn't on this product due to the profit math (as @Devilery mentioned), the high-end product would be similar.

Tks again!!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
hey bro sorry to be the one to tell you this but this idea in it's current form is totally F*cked. completely doomed. take it out back and shoot it in the back of the head twice.

you will be paying like $200 to get a sale using ppc this way, if not $300+ even.

to sell a $12.90 info product....

Think about how much you can pay to acquire a single customer. Not jack shit!

You need an amazing sales page, complete with tons and tons of value, spiking emotions, teasing people, highlighting their problems, creating massive desire, using video, etc. and then offer them a super high value thing for free that serves as a lead magnet, then you can market to them with emails forever, and immediately after the lead magnet there's an info product with a ton of value being pitched for just $13. Then when they buy that they get an option to get a one time offer of your super high value info product worth $7749 but you're discounting it just today down to only $247.

Then you stand a chance of possibly surviving....

Otherwise you are F*cked. There is no way this works. If it does you should run up the money and pray to god it doesn't go away because you don't deserve to be any bit profitable given this type of strategy of a very poorly designed sales page with almost no time spent spiking emotions and building value just to sell a $12.90 item.

Here's what you need to do immediately.

Go buy Russell Brunson's books. Read them and you will learn SOOOO much.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
hey bro sorry to be the one to tell you this but this idea in it's current form is totally F*cked. completely doomed. take it out back and shoot it in the back of the head twice.

you will be paying like $200 to get a sale using ppc this way, if not $300+ even.

You need an amazing sales page, complete with tons and tons of value, spiking emotions, teasing people, highlighting their problems, creating massive desire, using video, etc. and then offer them a super high value thing for free that serves as a lead magnet, then you can market to them with emails forever, and immediately after the lead magnet there's an info product with a ton of value being pitched for just $13. Then when they buy that they get an option to get a one time offer of your super high value info product worth $7749 but you're discounting it just today down to only $247.

Otherwise you are F*cked. There is no way this works. If it does you should run up the money and pray to god it doesn't go away because you don't deserve to be any bit profitable given this type of strategy of a very poorly designed sales page with almost no time spent spiking emotions and building value just to sell a $12.90 item.

This is true for people selling scammy crap like "biz op" or their awful courses, but if you're selling something useful then you can make profitable sales on a cheap product. Here's sales for this month:

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 19.21.37.png

Your landing page needs to be tight, but it doesn't need to be flashy or have video. That would probably help though. It's something worth testing.

Mine converts at about 12% at the moment and it's just text and a few pictures I shot on my phone lol. No free downloads, it's buy or gtfo. It's good traffic from FB though, good targeting definitely helps. My ads have dozens of comments of people saying they love my book, which also helps (I think. The ads convert without that there but it probably helps keep the costs down long term).

The business model for this style of thing usually revolves around scammy crap, which needs high volume, psychological triggers and all that stuff, because you are convincing someone to buy something they know is probably crap, but you play on their desperation to overcome their internal warnings.

But if you can make something useful and demonstrate that, people will buy because they want it.

Like with anything.

You still need great copywriting though, that really is the secret that makes this internet stuff work.

You need three things:
  • Great product
  • Great copywriting
  • The right audience
I've no idea what your product is like, but @Kung Fu Steve gave some great advice on your sales page, which looks awful and tells me nothing about the product. You give more detail about your hobbies than your product lol.

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
The business model for this style of thing usually revolves around scammy crap, which needs high volume, psychological triggers and all that stuff, because you are convincing someone to buy something they know is probably crap, but you play on their desperation to overcome their internal warnings.
no it's just the more effective way to convert no matter what it is.

"nu uh not me i buy things logically not emotionally" - everyone ever, when it is obviously, objectively not true.

It's the same reason MJ's book is "The millionaire fastlane " and not "how to build a successful business using the CENTS principles"

Hook, story, offer. Using emotion to tear down people's preconceived beliefs and believe in the opportunity being presented.

Does Apple sell scammy crap? They focus all of their marketing on emotions, being an 'innovator', doing things 'differently'.

Understanding how to excite people and get them to see the value is the secret to winning. Spike emotions.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
no it's just the more effective way to convert no matter what it is.

"nu uh not me i buy things logically not emotionally" - everyone ever, when it is obviously, objectively not true.

It's the same reason MJ's book is "The millionaire fastlane " and not "how to build a successful business using the CENTS principles"

Hook, story, offer. Using emotion to tear down people's preconceived beliefs and believe in the opportunity being presented.

Does Apple sell scammy crap? They focus all of their marketing on emotions, being an 'innovator', doing things 'differently'.

Understanding how to excite people and get them to see the value is the secret to winning. Spike emotions.

I was specifically talking about the opt in > tripwire > $247 course model, where the aim is to only profit one people hit the course upsell. Probably wasn't very clear about that.

And that's only partially true about Apple. Yes they focus on emotions, but you hit a sales page for their computers, and there is hard data on performance being X times faster than this or that, their screens have more colours, memory has more bandwitdth etc. And they sell something useful and valuable, so they don't need the opt-in > tripwire > iPhone model, it's straight to iPhone.

AdamRyanUK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 7, 2023
I dont know if this will help you but in terms of web design one thing jumped out. you have background blocks of different colors but then embed images or points in another color within that block which just is unpleasing to the eye. you'd be better off doing graphs with a blank background and putting your points directly within the block, not copying over an image.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You might want to detect the user's location... a young person in America might now know that 12,95 is 12.95.

They may think your product is 12,950.

We don't use commas as decimals in numbers, like Europeans do. This might be confusing to many.

Lou7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 10, 2023

@Johnny boy First of all, I really appreciate your time with this feedback. Tks very much!

• "If it does you should run up the money and pray to god it doesn't go away because you don't deserve to be any bit profitable given this type of strategy of a very poorly designed sales page with almost no time spent spiking emotions and building value just to sell a $12.90 item" --> lesson learned!
  • Just bought Expert Secrets!
  • By monday I will have a second version and post here (maybe a not so shitty landing page lol)
Tks again :)

Lou7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 10, 2023

Attachments

• 1700108605074.png
    1700108605074.png
    384.9 KB · Views: 15

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
At a higher level... who's visiting, and why? How did they get to the page?

How are people getting to your page?

You said it's $1.20 CPC. Is that from Facebook Ads, Google Ads (which type), or ??

Do visitors already know much about you?

How much or your content have they consumed?

What's the targeting?

What did your ad say?

What device are most people visiting via?

Your landing page is a continuation from the above.

I like to start landing pages super super simple:

Headline
3 bullet points
CTA

Start by making the headline, bullets, and CTA match what was in the ad.

Track how many people click the CTA.

Track how many people complete the CTA.

Work to improve the whole flow (targeting, ad, landing page).

Here's something I posted to LinkedIn and Facebook a few months ago:

2023-11-16_07-53-39.png

Yes, it's local lead-gen vs you selling an info-product.

I'd still start simple and iterate based on data.

We've run Google Ads (paid search) to landing pages to build email lists. Again, we start simple:

Search term: xyz tips

Ad headline: Get XYZ Tips | Straight To Your Inbox | Signup Now

Landing page:

Get XYZ Tips
Straight To Your Inbox
<Signup Now>

Years ago we ran campaigns for people looking for jobs:

Search term: xyz jobs

Ad headline: Find XYZ jobs

Landing page:

Find XYZ jobs
(Other blurb I can't remember)
<Signup Now>

You may want to read this:

And this:

And maybe this:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
  • CPC right now is around $1,2. How low is this? With this CPC and price I need at least ~ 10% conversion rate to get a profit
  • 10% conversion is really high, got it. With 3% conversion and same 1,2 CPC, I need to charge ~ $36 for an ebook LOL
Hold on.

If you're paying $1.20 per visitor and 3% of visitors buy, then on average it costs you $1.2/0.03 per sale = $40 per sale.

If you charged $36 per eBook then you're unprofitable, unless you've order bumps increasing your AOV or a backend that's increasing your LTV.

Personally, I don't think you're ready to sell an info-product via ads and a sales page.

Here's something to ask yourself:

"How can I get people to ASK me for more info or a paid product?"

I'm not saying to do it, just that it's a good thought exercise.

I've posted a lot of Google Ads content in the forum and in other places.

Enough that people would start tagging me about Google Ads, or asking me questions direct.

I'd answer those questions publicly.

I'd hop on calls and explain to people.

Eventually people started asking for paid courses, paid coaching, etc.

I'm not saying this is the only way, but it certainly helped me figure out what people were stuck on, what language resonated and helped them, and helped me build a library of so much content that people asked for a paid version so they wouldn't have to spend so long going through the free stuff.

Lou7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 10, 2023
How are people getting to your page?

You said it's $1.20 CPC. Is that from Facebook Ads, Google Ads (which type), or ??

Do visitors already know much about you?

How much or your content have they consumed?

What's the targeting?

What did your ad say?

What device are most people visiting via?

Your landing page is a continuation from the above.

I like to start landing pages super super simple:

Headline
3 bullet points
CTA

Start by making the headline, bullets, and CTA match what was in the ad.

Track how many people click the CTA.

Track how many people complete the CTA.

Work to improve the whole flow (targeting, ad, landing page).

Here's something I posted to LinkedIn and Facebook a few months ago:

View attachment 52488

Yes, it's local lead-gen vs you selling an info-product.

I'd still start simple and iterate based on data.

We've run Google Ads (paid search) to landing pages to build email lists. Again, we start simple:

Search term: xyz tips

Ad headline: Get XYZ Tips | Straight To Your Inbox | Signup Now

Landing page:

Get XYZ Tips
Straight To Your Inbox
<Signup Now>

Years ago we ran campaigns for people looking for jobs:

Search term: xyz jobs

Ad headline: Find XYZ jobs

Landing page:

Find XYZ jobs
(Other blurb I can't remember)
<Signup Now>

You may want to read this:

And this:

And maybe this:

"Personally, I don't think you're ready to sell an info-product via ads and a sales page" --> I totally agree @Andy Black . I'm focusing more on failing and learning how to create a good landing page now. My idea is to validate both the product and the offer and not necessarily be profitable now. Thus, I would be able to create a video course with more info and then be profitable

"You said it's $1.20 CPC. Is that from Facebook Ads, Google Ads (which type), or ??" --> the Ad focused on how to reduce customer churn/customer success best practices. It got 10% CTR

They were visiting mainly on smartphones and they were 20-30 yo man and woman (mostly woman)

"I'm not saying this is the only way, but it certainly helped me figure out what people were stuck on, what language resonated and helped them, and helped me build a library of so much content that people asked for a paid version so they wouldn't have to spend so long going through the free stuff" --> Tks @Andy Black - I'm considering it. Right now I think I'm at a point of good increasing returns with the study and tests (I just started testing this some weeks ago. Never studied anything about digital mkt before , just started doing it hehe)

When I reach the diminishing returns with my study, I will consider it :)

As alway, thanks for your content and all the value you provide!

poseidn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 1, 2016
This is true for people selling scammy crap like "biz op" or their awful courses, but if you're selling something useful then you can make profitable sales on a cheap product. Here's sales for this month:

View attachment 52473

Your landing page needs to be tight, but it doesn't need to be flashy or have video. That would probably help though. It's something worth testing.

Mine converts at about 12% at the moment and it's just text and a few pictures I shot on my phone lol. No free downloads, it's buy or gtfo. It's good traffic from FB though, good targeting definitely helps. My ads have dozens of comments of people saying they love my book, which also helps (I think. The ads convert without that there but it probably helps keep the costs down long term).

But if you can make something useful and demonstrate that, people will buy because they want it.

Like with anything.

You still need great copywriting though, that really is the secret that makes this internet stuff work.

You need three things:
  • Great product
  • Great copywriting
  • The right audience
I've no idea what your product is like, but @Kung Fu Steve gave some great advice on your sales page, which looks awful and tells me nothing about the product. You give more detail about your hobbies than your product lol.
+1, the right offer and geo and u can make low ticket work.

You need solid OTOs though - 10% take rate on a $197 oto 1 = $19.7 aov contribution. Can double your AOV just with a good oto 1

Not uncommon to pay say $30 cpa on a $5 product but OTOs are solid and push u to breakeven. ofc easier said than done and goes beyond just having good copy

However I prefer to be around a $37 front end (not inc OTOs). I've got a $37 offer doing $0.2 cpc on US traffic right now and it's about $35 CPA, cvr is super low but cpc carries it. Haven't even got around to adding OTOs yet. I think OTOs will add at minimum $10-20 to aov and should give some room for $500-1k adspend/day

To OP - the sales page just isn't long enough and there is literally no copy. I have personally not seen any sales pages that convert on cold traffic that are as short as this. My TSLs are 7k+ words. Hybrid pages are 10min VSLs + 4k word TSL beneath. And 90% of the ones i test on cold traffic flop even with this.

Last edited:

dan_from_ampla

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 19, 2023
Landing Page

1. Promise
2. Proof
4. Offer

What do you think?
Besides some of the rather bleak design features i think the layout and content is well put together. I thought having the personal touch- also serving as a credibility boost- was smart. However, I would consider the following: 1. the graphic you use as proof is a great visual representation but what does it really mean, a short explanation could do wonders (for example what were some of the milestones your team hit (ex. "in month x we implemented strategy y resulting in z improvement- which i discuss in detail in x section of the book"). 2. I also think giving a sneak peak into the content can go a long way, consider choosing what you believe is one of the most valuable sections and sharing it directly on the landing page or via link. I think your highest objection at this stage is people paying for something they cant see from someone they dont know, so far you have solved the someone they dont know issue.

Sam_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 29, 2023
Landing Page

1. Promise
2. Proof
4. Offer

What do you think?
I think the website looks average at best. Landing pages these days have to be clean, fluid and appealing. If you are using some drag-and-drop services or Wordpress for building your website, I'd recommend against it unless you find a template that looks really nice (the paid ones are not that expensive). The best way of tacking this is hiring a good freelancer to build it to fit your niche.

Moreover, the content is too repetitive. I feel it'd do you better to say something like "Tired of customer success feeling like a mystery? Frustrated by outdated strategies? Look no more—welcome to [Course Name], where we demystify success and equip you with the latest, most effective tools and tactics."

About the pricing, remember, no matter how good your courses are, if you price them wrong, nobody will buy it. It shouldn't be too cheap so that it's considered to be likewise in quality. It should be place above average, but not out of budget for general population. I'd say 50 bucks is a good starting price. You can also introduce tiers (There is a psychological phenomena that causes people to buy the higher or the middle tier more often than the rest).

Lou7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 10, 2023
Thanks for more feedback again, folks

Here's the Landing Page V2. Not so shitty anymore, I implemented lots of feedbacks.

Still have to do some stuff tho:
  • I will change domain so there's no portuguese on the bottom right
  • Will apply Privacy Policy & Terms of Service as well
  • Restate the offer if I can't put the cart on the LP
I will test it and iterate using content here and the book that @Johnny boy mentioned.

Thanks again everyone!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.