The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you guys deal with being too different from ordinary people?

Anything related to matters of the mind

genesisk5

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Mar 25, 2020
south korea
After reading MJ’s books, I’ve been enlightened even on other parts of life and I realized that most of what’s considered ordinary and normal are actually inferior and wrong. I believe many of you guys feel the same.

regarding dating, I’ve got red pilled. regarding health, I’ve became a health freak. but after I started to keep away from what’s considered ordinary, I feel like I’m seen as a freak even by my family and close friends. I’ve become too different from them and I even feel isolated sometimes.

but I never doubt in my faith. I spontaneously believe that they are wrong and I am the right. but how do you guys deal with this isolation if you’ve felt anything similar? when you get successful and attain authority, do they eventually start to listen to you?

edit: thank you guys… feel much better hearing advices from like mindeds. due to my lack of proficiency in English I wrote as being arrogant and aggressive against others than I wanted. the expression ‘misinformed’ sounds very appropriate. in terms of health for example, even moderately healthily eating people are still eating a lot of unhealthy foods and over eating than ideal and I meant this by saying that what’s ordinary is wrong. I try not to blame them or force my perspective on them because I know that even I wouldn’t have listened when I was not ready to listen but still think that most ordinary people are far from ideal and because all the people around me are ordinary and I’m doing my best to be away from it, I feel very lonely. my life is all about being away from normal and it is very hard to not talk about it at all and only talk about “normal” things when I’m spending time with them. I can put up with this until I succeed but was curious how it’s gonna change after success. if they will start to listen to me or if it’s more likely to meet new like minded people and get along with them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
It's inevitable, you just have to find your tribe who hold the same values (as you most likely have here).

It's like escaping the matrix but still wanting to have relations with those plugged in - it's possible, but probably not going to work out in the long term.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I spontaneously believe that they are wrong and I am the right.
This is a great way to live a miserable life.

Everyone gets to make their own decisions in this life, even if you don't agree with them. The sooner you start allowing others to be who they choose to be & let go of this idea that you have "the way, the truth & the light" the better off you will be.

The only person you have control over is you. Focus on your own life & living the way that makes you happy/healthy. Others might see that & change, or they may not. Chances are they won't. You can't base your happiness or choices on what they do or think.

In summary: ignore them, live your life. You can't control anything beyond your own mindset & actions.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Instead of telling .... SHOW. DO. BE.

AND get in some circles and don't talk about that stuff. @SteveO probably owned every apartment in Phoenix at one point or another, he didn't bring it up with his softball team. There ARE other things to talk about!

An NO, I do not agree. They are not inferior and wrong ..... they are miss-informed. And you telling them so is not the answer. Be an example. Those that want to change will start asking questions.

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
I spontaneously believe that they are wrong and I am the right. but how do you guys deal with this isolation if you’ve felt anything similar?
If you truly know you are right, you would not feel the need to push your views onto them. It's a waste of time, unless they ask for your help, because the fact is they WILL NOT listen to you even if you are right and you have good intentions.

People get offended, feel insecure, yada yada yada, when they see you moving up and they stay the same. I've tried many times to help my close friends and have been disappointed just as many because they would rather do the same shit that's not working.

If what you believe is right and you stand your ground, even if they don't believe in you, why give a damn if they listen to you are not? You can lead a horse to the water, but can't make it drink. I also don't think it's them who needs to be convinced. It's you, yourself, who needs to be convinced.

Oh? What do you need to be convinced of I hear you ask?

Simple. Convince yourself... or rather know yourself enough so that you don't need anyone else beliefs, validation, motivation, except for yourself to move forward.

genesisk5

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Mar 25, 2020
south korea
If you truly know you are right, you would not feel the need to push your views onto them. It's a waste of time, unless they ask for your help, because the fact is they WILL NOT listen to you even if you are right and you have good intentions.

People get offended, feel insecure, yada yada yada, when they see you moving up and they stay the same. I've tried many times to help my close friends and have been disappointed just as many because they would rather do the same shit that's not working.

If what you believe is right and you stand your ground, even if they don't believe in you, why give a damn if they listen to you are not? You can lead a horse to the water, but can't make it drink. I also don't think it's them who needs to be convinced. It's you, yourself, who needs to be convinced.

Oh? What do you need to be convinced of I hear you ask?

Simple. Convince yourself... or rather know yourself enough so that you don't need anyone else beliefs, validation, motivation, except for yourself to move forward.
thank you for your comment, you’re truly right. but rather than me forcing my perspective on them, it’s more of losing almost everything in common with my people and feeling isolated and lonely as a result. I feel sad about this and although I can put up with this until success, I was curious what’s going to happen after success. am I most likely meet new like minded people and they become my closest friends? or will my family and old friends start to listen to me? or will I stay lonely forever?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
thank you for your comment, you’re truly right. but rather than me forcing my perspective on them, it’s more of losing almost everything in common with my people and feeling isolated and lonely as a result. I feel sad about this and although I can put up with this until success, I was curious what’s going to happen after success. am I most likely meet new like minded people and they become my closest friends? or will my family and old friends start to listen to me? or will I stay lonely forever?
The only existence you have is alone. Every experience, even these words that you are reading right now, is created by your brain. Beyond that, they are nothing. I am a figment of your imagination. You, and all of the rest of "us" have always been and will always be alone. Your reality is created by you. What reality will you create now?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
What’s right for you might not be right for someone else.

In business, we address the world the way it is, not the way we want it to be. Personally, I like that not everyone is an entrepreneur, if they were, we would all be small time onepreneurs instead of able to build larger and more meaningful companies. There would also be a hell of a lot more competition.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
In business, we address the world the way it is, not the way we want it to be.

To borrow this idea, take people for what they are, not what you want them to be.

This applies to friendships, dating, business - everything.

@genesisk5 it's way easier to find people who are already receptive to your ideas than it is to convince people to change. 'A man convinced against his will is of his own opinion still.'

The answer to your question is to ignore "ordinary" people and hunt down the people who are already the type that you'd want to be around.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
After reading MJ’s books, I’ve been enlightened even on other parts of life and I realized that most of what’s considered ordinary and normal are actually inferior and wrong. I believe many of you guys feel the same.

regarding dating, I’ve got red pilled. regarding health, I’ve became a health freak. but after I started to keep away from what’s considered ordinary, I feel like I’m seen as a freak even by my family and close friends. I’ve become too different from them and I even feel isolated sometimes.

but I never doubt in my faith. I spontaneously believe that they are wrong and I am the right. but how do you guys deal with this isolation if you’ve felt anything similar? when you get successful and attain authority, do they eventually start to listen to you?

edit: thank you guys… feel much better hearing advices from like mindeds. due to my lack of proficiency in English I wrote as being arrogant and aggressive against others than I wanted. the expression ‘misinformed’ sounds very appropriate. in terms of health for example, even moderately healthily eating people are still eating a lot of unhealthy foods and over eating than ideal and I meant this by saying that what’s ordinary is wrong. I try not to blame them or force my perspective on them because I know that even I wouldn’t have listened when I was not ready to listen but still think that most ordinary people are far from ideal and because all the people around me are ordinary and I’m doing my best to be away from it, I feel very lonely. my life is all about being away from normal and it is very hard to not talk about it at all and only talk about “normal” things when I’m spending time with them. I can put up with this until I succeed but was curious how it’s gonna change after success. if they will start to listen to me or if it’s more likely to meet new like minded people and get along with them.
If people look at you differently then you don't have to blush. Work more on his independence vis-à-vis people because there is no dependence that is safer than that of his own dependence So be master of yourself. you have nothing to prove nothing to show to others.

better to be bdeuk than to be badly accompanied

Last edited:

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 24, 2021
I think many of us here feel different, kinda isolated & alone because of it.
It is very easy to lose friends (and instead gravitate toward friends that share the values & interests you do) however it is much harder when it is family.
I think we should not be too harsh with ourselves. Just because someone does not fully share our direction or focus in life, does not mean we can't or shouldn't hang out with them now and then.
Every person is different & brings a different element to your life. You don't ALWAYS want someone who is driven to talk to & you don't always want to hang out with a party goer.
Pick them as & when you see fit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.