The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you deal with Haters?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
@theag I used to have a master list of words that I would just add to the profanity filter in the Page Settings, so pretty much every comment was auto-hidden, and then daily I'd just go in and approve the good ones to show. Saves a lot of time.
Damn, thanks, you just saved me so much headaches! Bunch of forum cash coming your way

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
@theag I used to have a master list of words that I would just add to the profanity filter in the Page Settings, so pretty much every comment was auto-hidden, and then daily I'd just go in and approve the good ones to show. Saves a lot of time.

Doesnt seem to work on newsfeed ad comments :(

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Doesnt seem to work on newsfeed ad comments :(

That's weird, they must have changed it. The words should be under "Page Moderation", like the screenshot of one of my old page settings below:

snBdGIR.png

I haven't advertised on FB in a while, so maybe they really did change it. I don't see why they would, though.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
My Self-esteem is not dependent on what others think about me, bad or good. My self-esteem is internally sourced.

Therefore it's of no relevance or importance what some dumb a$$ thinks about me.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
That's weird, they must have changed it. The words should be under "Page Moderation", like the screenshot of one of my old page settings below:

I haven't advertised on FB in a while, so maybe they really did change it. I don't see why they would, though.

Yeah thats where I entered them. But nothing was showing up in the spam section in the activity log.

Today I wondered why I saw no comments on my ads since yesterday evening. Nothing under spam again.

But now I see the auto-hidden new comments under my ad and can approve them :). Was just looking in the wrong place. Apparantly only posts to page show up in the spam section and comments dont..

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
"The best revenge is massive success" - Jim Rohn

You should be thankful to have haters if you do.

Haters are a good thing.

Haters mean your doing it right.

Haters mean your they angry at themselves for not pushing themselves to success like you are.

It's just noise. Noise does nothing but distract you from your goals.

Wolves don't care about the opinions of sheep.

Stay focused, be the wolf, not the sheep.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
  1. Haters don't know what they're talking about. They THINK they know, but they're wrong
  2. Children don't know what they're talking about. They THINK they know, but they're wrong
  3. Treat haters the same way you treat children.
Imagine a child who tells you it's "impossible" for planes to fly because "they're too heavy". No matter how many arguments you give them explaining how planes fly, they keep finding arguments for why it's impossible.

It'd take an insecure adult to get into an argument with a child. A slightly older child might get into a legit argument with the young child.... but an adult never will. They'll just smile and say "sure thing champ." In the end, what the child thinks has no impact on the adult or actual reality.

This is what MJ is talking about when he says "Your reality doesn't affect mine". It doesn't matter what the kids say or what reality children live in, it doesn't affect you, it ultimately doesn't matter.

I now filter most of what my friends, family, media, etc. say through this children lens. It's a little amusing, it makes me smile when I hear cute things like "It's impossible". I don't get angry, I don't talk down, I don't argue, I just smile and say "sure thing champ."

Thanks that really helped out and put a smile on my face.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What's a hater?

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I'm often my biggest hater and fan.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How do you deal with Haters?

Question?

Why do haters need to be "dealt" with?

Haters are haters. A fact of life whenever you're doing something that grabs public attention.

How to deal with haters is like asking how to deal with the rain during the Costa Rican rainy season. It is, what it is.

Bring an umbrella and go about your business.

I enjoy having haters. It means I am doing something well.
Yea, it means your work is starting to penetrate in a bigger scale. Not something to fret about, something to celebrate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.