The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to deal with Headwinds

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Kavin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Jul 28, 2023
Dubai
Hey guys so i have been working on my project for some time now and my parents are observing that i am not regularly studying(im 15) and working on something so some weeks before they asked me "what do you want to do with your future"

I answered them saying that i want to be an entrepreneur and create my startup ,and they got outraged by that even tho i explained them about entrepreneurship but they enforced me that you must first get a bachelors, masters in Engineering then work for 20 years then maybe think about a business. I protested and then they still resisted and didnt listen they even banned me from touching my TMF book (i finished it so that's fine).

Well I haven't stopped working on my idea and I am working on developing my skill sets and everything .When i talked to my friends abut entrepreneurship they laughed at me and thought im a fool well except one person who actually introduced me to the unscripted book..
So i wanted to ask you people what headwinds did you have in your life?
and how did you deal with them?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Hey guys so i have been working on my project for some time now and my parents are observing that i am not regularly studying(im 15) and working on something so some weeks before they asked me "what do you want to do with your future"

I answered them saying that i want to be an entrepreneur and create my startup ,and they got outraged by that even tho i explained them about entrepreneurship but they enforced me that you must first get a bachelors, masters in Engineering then work for 20 years then maybe think about a business. I protested and then they still resisted and didnt listen they even banned me from touching my TMF book (i finished it so that's fine).

Well I haven't stopped working on my idea and I am working on developing my skill sets and everything .When i talked to my friends abut entrepreneurship they laughed at me and thought im a fool well except one person who actually introduced me to the unscripted book..
So i wanted to ask you people what headwinds did you have in your life?
and how did you deal with them?
Your parents aren’t praying on your downfall. They want you to do what they think is best.

You can’t really do anything about your parents, but you can try surrounding yourself around likeminded people.

And Remember. Done beats doubt

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Kavin you have the perfect situation. Be thankful.

You have a support network that wants you to do your best (just in their framework). You can use that support WHILE using it to drive you to do even more (in your framework) to show them there is a different way. Best of both worlds!! Take massive advantage.

Find more entrepreneurs to hang out with. It takes time to find people who think the way we do. Keep posting here and try to get on some of the accountability calls. Find a few people to talk to help push you through. Get that engineering degree AND build your business. You got this!

Kavin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Jul 28, 2023
Dubai
@Kavin you have the perfect situation. Be thankful.

You have a support network that wants you to do your best (just in their framework). You can use that support WHILE using it to drive you to do even more (in your framework) to show them there is a different way. Best of both worlds!! Take massive advantage.

Find more entrepreneurs to hang out with. It takes time to find people who think the way we do. Keep posting here and try to get on some of the accountability calls. Find a few people to talk to help push you through. Get that engineering degree AND build your business. You got this!
hey thx for the support i just wanted to clarify what do you mean by "accountability calls"

Marketeri

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 28, 2023
Keep learning, and in your free time you can develop and become interested in business. There will be a time for everything.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Well I haven't stopped working on my idea and I am working on developing my skill sets and everything.
You already sound like an entrepreneur.

Put the effort into making peace with your parents. It will help immensely. No reason you can't pursue both paths.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Current Headwind:

1. Family, it has become very unhealthy for me to stay around. I'm not renewing my lease next year. I'll be moving to Plano, if I get hired on Full-Time at my current employer (they are awesome and treat people well)

2. Career: I am a bit burnt out with Information Technology. I don't see a path to advance. I don't want to take out Student loans or pay for certifications. I'm not going back into debt. I believe I have reached a ceiling and it's now time to work on better pastures to prevent what has happened last year.

This next year, I need to focus on cleaning up all the messes.

I am emotionally drained by my current environment. Looking to surround myself with individuals who care.

How to deal with them? You resolve the obstacles.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.