The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
You've been giving out some solid advice and really helping people with their bodybuilding questions lately.

Could you continue giving people advice and:
  1. Use a marketplace thread as a sales page that
  2. Directs people to your private coaching platform (use Podia or something), so people can subscribe to get your advice? $50/mo for asking you questions, $100/mo (or $150/mo or whatever) for specific training, diet, etc feedback, they can post a progress photo in their private coaching thread etc.
I think Podia lets you have a paid community on their free plan that you can do the above in.

Alternatively (or additionally)... take the questions people are asking you on FLF and in addition to answering them here, use them to create YouTube videos / shorts, that link to a sales page for your coaching...

Not sure what you think on those ideas... your advice was good, I especially liked how you first worked with helping them set realistic expectations and then dove into what they can do to achieve that.

I think you'd make a pretty good coach.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest931Xfjyx

October 3rd, 2023:

October 14th, 2023:

Followers:
Posts/Reels: 18
Bodyweight: 206lbs
Bodyfat: 11%?

I get I've taken 0 action in business. But just gonna keep this up. Will continue to post relevant bodybuilding related content to Instagram every day. I'm not gonna quit.

Don't even comment. Just let this build up. I'll give updates intermittently.

Also as a side note, since someone did mention I clearly am not presently cut-out for entrepreneurship. I have enrolled in college to get a 2-year degree in computer programming. Need an escape from a minimum wage job, at the very least I can make some better money in my slowlane.

So yeah, that's the updates for my life and trying to build my reputation/self as a bodybuilder right now.
October 27th:
Followers: 123
Posts/Reels: 31

I also should be starting a 2-year degree in Computer Programming on November 1st.

I already have experience in HTML, CSS, Javascript, React, NextJS, SASS, Bootstrap, and TailwindCSS. But I‘m hoping this degree will better my hiring prospects. The tech industry is going through a lot of layoffs and the surge of ChatGPT has caused a lot of job insecurity amongst programmers. Nonetheless, I‘m hoping in 2 years the degree will prove to have been worthwhile.

Ultimately I will be going to school full-time, working full-time, and still working towards becoming an even better bodybuilder and building my online reputation/following as a bodybuilder.

That’s my update for now.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I guess action is better than no action.

This action though has no goal, outcome, strategy, or result. Can't be measured. Based on hope. No real value. If it doesn't work, can just play the victim card. This is script 101.

Going to school and 'hoping' to get a job.
Bodybuild to 'hope' to be a online bodybuilding influencer.

Those reading this, how many countless people do we see like this? Blue collar, stubborn, speaking the script they were told by people who didn't get where they want to get.

He knows he should be doing more. Knows he can do more. Just can't take that step.
It's not easy. Everyone is a different puzzle.

That is why I keep posting in this thread. Those reading this, is he REALLY doing anything to get to his goal? How many years are going to go by with no progress. Don't be that guy. Just do shit. Now. You got this!!

@JLE keep posting. something will eventually flip. there will be a FTE. some words will finally click. could you replace 'hope' with 'will' for a while? Language is key.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
October 27th:
Followers: 123
Posts/Reels: 31

I also should be starting a 2-year degree in Computer Programming on November 1st.

I already have experience in HTML, CSS, Javascript, React, NextJS, SASS, Bootstrap, and TailwindCSS. But I‘m hoping this degree will better my hiring prospects. The tech industry is going through a lot of layoffs and the surge of ChatGPT has caused a lot of job insecurity amongst programmers. Nonetheless, I‘m hoping in 2 years the degree will prove to have been worthwhile.

Ultimately I will be going to school full-time, working full-time, and still working towards becoming an even better bodybuilder and building my online reputation/following as a bodybuilder.

That’s my update for now.
Computer program degree, body building champion and personal training..wow you are greedy.

I am just worried that you are biting more than you can chew.

If I were you I will focus on one goal first and give it a time frame.

If the goal worked the rest don’t matter. If it didn’t work I didn’t sink in too much time either and I can move on with the experience I had.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
That is why I keep posting in this thread. Those reading this, is he REALLY doing anything to get to his goal? How many years are going to go by with no progress. Don't be that guy. Just do shit. Now. You got this!!
I read first thread of his, of 2021...
I read last thread of his, of 2023...
I saw update on 100+ followers, 0 client, and attending a course on programming...

That clearly says NO PROGRESS.

@ZCP why don't hop on my progress thread and check out my progress from the last advice of yours and see my progress?

I promise my progress will be what will give you a good ride.

Always hungry for your advices there.

Waiting for some punch lines in the thread.
Just so you don't take efforts to find my thread, here it is:

You can filter with most liked post to remember what you commented and what happened.

And just read the last pages to the current progress.

Eagerly waiting for your reply!

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I guess action is better than no action.

This action though has no goal, outcome, strategy, or result. Can't be measured. Based on hope. No real value. If it doesn't work, can just play the victim card. This is script 101.

Going to school and 'hoping' to get a job.
Bodybuild to 'hope' to be a online bodybuilding influencer.

Those reading this, how many countless people do we see like this? Blue collar, stubborn, speaking the script they were told by people who didn't get where they want to get.

He knows he should be doing more. Knows he can do more. Just can't take that step.
It's not easy. Everyone is a different puzzle.

@JLE keep posting. something will eventually flip. there will be a FTE. some words will finally click. could you replace 'hope' with 'will' for a while? Language is key.

Hi ZCP,

I appreciate that you continue responding.

Admittedly, negative reinforcement encourages me more than positive encouragement negates me. (I‘m not sure if that’s been said before but I like that quote, and it’s true, feel free to steal it)

Here’s what I will do:
- I will become a SHW/HW bodybuilder, in time
- I will build enough of a following as a bodybuilder that I can produce a small side-income entirely through online coaching, but in time

Here’s the things I‘m hoping for:
- I‘m hoping I can find employment as a programmer after I get a diploma, considering the drastic change in the present tech market
- I‘m hoping I don’t incur a bunch of debt towards a degree that’s ultimately worthless
- I‘m hoping I can maybe combine my experience in bodybuilding and my skill in programming to solve a problem through code that hasn’t been solved before (not entirely sure on this one, but it’s an interesting fantasy admittedly)
- I‘m hoping to break out of a minimum-wage basically scraping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel lifestyle

I realize this is a forum for entrepreneurs. I’d like to be that, I aspire to that, but I presently am not ready for it in a way that fits me. I know the market doesn’t care. I know my passion(s) don’t fulfill real needs of other people. I’ve read the books. I understand the concept.

This is what I‘m doing and the route I’ve chosen to take. I will not leave as long as you keep me here. Once I‘m ready, in time, I‘ll actually take what you would consider worthwhile action. For now this is how I choose to stay in the slowlane whilst I aggregate skill and a following.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Computer program degree, body building champion and personal training..wow you are greedy.

I am just worried that you are biting more than you can chew.

If I were you I will focus on one goal first and give it a time frame.

If the goal worked the rest don’t matter. If it didn’t work I didn’t sink in too much time either and I can move on with the experience I had.

There’s 2 goals.

1. Become a competitive HW/SHW bodybuilder
2. Go to school for programming and get a job as a full-time programmer after graduation

Stop referring to the title of this post.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
There’s 2 goals.

1. Become a competitive HW/SHW bodybuilder
2. Go to school for programming and get a job as a full-time programmer after graduation

Stop referring to the title of this post.
you can do BOTH of those RIGHT NOW. just do them.
you don't need anything else to do them RIGHT NOW.

there is some bigger fear here. you obviously don't WANT those two things, because you could already have them.
you are afraid of being judged, failing, something ..... go see a counselor and actually talk it out.
remove that hurdle. you got this!

G

Guest931Xfjyx

there is some bigger fear here. you obviously don't WANT those two things, because you could already have them.
you are afraid of being judged, failing, something ..... go see a counselor and actually talk it out.
remove that hurdle. you got this!

It’s not fear. It’s time.

I can‘t snap my fingers and have a diploma, relevant well-paying job, and shitload more muscle.

I‘m not fearful to have any of those.

But it’s going to take time, and additionally, I‘m going to have to hope that someone hires me.

The bodybuilding is a given. That’s in my locus of control.

That which isn’t (the job) I‘m going to work my damnest to make happen.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Leave the current job and apply for a job at the gym.

While working your shifts, don’t just be standing around. GO HELP PEOPLE. Help with their form, give them advice, etc. Be the worker that everyone knows and greets when they come in.

People who are looking to get in shape (target audience) will be striking up convos with you, asking for advice, and thanking you. From there you can just let them know that you do some 1-on-1 personal training on the side.

BOOM! You just nurtured prospects from your target audience and exposed them to your personal training.

Best case scenario: gives a kickstart to your personal training business and you get a stead flow of new of new clients

Worst case scenario: now instead of working security for minimum wage you’re working in a gym for minimum wage.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Leave the current job and apply for a job at the gym.

While working your shifts, don’t just be standing around. GO HELP PEOPLE. Help with their form, give them advice, etc. Be the worker that everyone knows and greets when they come in.

People who are looking to get in shape (target audience) will be striking up convos with you, asking for advice, and thanking you. From there you can just let them know that you do some 1-on-1 personal training on the side.

BOOM! You just nurtured prospects from your target audience and exposed them to your personal training.

Best case scenario: gives a kickstart to your personal training business and you get a stead flow of new of new clients

Worst case scenario: now instead of working security for minimum wage you’re working in a gym for minimum wage.
I like this idea, under the one caveat that most personal trainers don't make minimum wage. It depends on the gym but I'm pretty confident you wouldn't be promised a full 40 hours nor a clientele. The turnover rate for personal trainers is remarkably high just for this reason.

For the time being I'm gonna continue on with Security. I will use my free-time as a Security guard to study for my Computer Programming diploma. I start classes on November 1st, which is just in 2 days. I'll attempt to maintain the job I presently have without getting fired due to prioritizing studies over the job I was hired for. This is how I'm going to work full-time and go to school full-time. I couldn't do such if I were to start working as a personal trainer, plus, I've already accepted the student loan to begin the Computer Programming program. This is happening.

After the 2 year Computer Programming program is over I'm hoping (yes hoping) the programming job market has improved and I can get a job in development. I'm aiming towards being a Java developer.

In the meantime I'm going to continue improving myself as a bodybuilder and my reputation/following as a bodybuilder. I'm confident I'll eventually have a side-income through that. I currently have 200 followers as of this morning on Instagram. I had 123 followers just 3 days ago.

Anyhow... For now I choose the slowlane, and hopefully a well paying job (under my standards) as a Computer Programmer in 2 years time, and an eventual side-income as a bodybuilder/online trainer once I'm ready for it (and that I'm confident I will achieve if I'm to go about it the way in which I like and under the time-constraint I want).

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I like this idea, under the one caveat that most personal trainers don't make minimum wage. It depends on the gym but I'm pretty confident you wouldn't be promised a full 40 hours nor a clientele. The turnover rate for personal trainers is remarkably high just for this reason.

For the time being I'm gonna continue on with Security. I will use my free-time as a Security guard to study for my Computer Programming diploma. I start classes on November 1st, which is just in 2 days. I'll attempt to maintain the job I presently have without getting fired due to prioritizing studies over the job I was hired for. This is how I'm going to work full-time and go to school full-time. I couldn't do such if I were to start working as a personal trainer, plus, I've already accepted the student loan to begin the Computer Programming program. This is happening.

After the 2 year Computer Programming program is over I'm hoping (yes hoping) the programming job market has improved and I can get a job in development. I'm aiming towards being a Java developer.

In the meantime I'm going to continue improving myself as a bodybuilder and my reputation/following as a bodybuilder. I'm confident I'll eventually have a side-income through that. I currently have 200 followers as of this morning on Instagram. I had 123 followers just 3 days ago.

Anyhow... For now I choose the slowlane, and hopefully a well paying job (under my standards) as a Computer Programmer in 2 years time, and an eventual side-income as a bodybuilder/online trainer once I'm ready for it (and that I'm confident I will achieve if I'm to go about it the way in which I like and under the time-constraint I want).

What is your goal?

To be 2% less body fat and work as a tech 9-5er?

Or to “scale your personal training business significantly”?

G

Guest931Xfjyx

What is your goal?

To be 2% less body fat and work as a tech 9-5er?

Or to “scale your personal training business significantly”?

Funnily enough, and I'm sure to the absolute scorn of everyone tired of me here, I am doing exactly what I need to be doing to scale my personal training business significantly -- and that's to build an online following.

1. I'm building myself as a bodybuilder
That doesn't exclusively mean bodyfat. That means the amount of muscle I have as well. This takes time. Years in-fact.

2. I'm building my reputation as a bodybuilder
Not locally. Online. This builds my credibility and my reach.

----------------

Over time... the mix of these two grants me access to opportunities a local gym never could.

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
I am doing exactly what I need to be doing to scale my personal training business significantly -- and that's to build an online following.

Sorry JLE but you aren´t doing what you should be doing.

You should get clients, and aquiring clients again and again.

Thats what "scaling my personal training business" means.

How you aquire the customer doesnt realy matter.

Turn 1 follower into 1 customer and then do it again. at least do it.

Run ads to your account? Let people know? get that customer man!

Why you NOT doing, what you KNOW you should be doing?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
You could get a programming job tomorrow. No need to wait 2 years.
More excuse making, action delaying, script following.

I actually love this thread. You are textbook what @MJ DeMarco is writing about. Just make sure you are investing in the stock market too and you will have the avatar nailed. For those reading this years from now, Don't be this guy.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

It’s not fear. It’s time.

I can‘t snap my fingers and have a diploma, relevant well-paying job, and shitload more muscle.

A few months ago I toyed around with building a SaaS that analyzes Amazon reviews with some machine learning tools to find insights that Amazon sellers / agencies could use to increase conversion rates. I killed it because I was too busy with my consulting projects. A friend from this forum is part of a cybersecurity group that meets weekly, so I asked if they'd be interested in a listening to me give a talk where I demoed the project and talked about what I learned.

I talked for 2 hours, and afterwards, a data scientist who was in the audience asked me if I was interested in working for his company for $150,000 a year. I declined.

So I got a 6 figure job offer because I spent around 4-6 weeks working a few hours a day on a project that I had little experience with (I can code, but ML was new to me), I asked some friends with experience in that field for help, and because I gave a talk on it. They didn't ask me about my degree.

You can do the same thing with software. You can make a simple web app that does something like let people read PDFs and use chat gpt to ask questions. It's a simple idea, but you'll learn a lot about programming. You can make that git repo public, and include it in your applications for programming jobs. Hell, you might stumble across a decent software business idea and just skip the job entirely.

You don't need credentials - you need results.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I suggest you rename your Username to "Someday" ...

Someday is Never.

If there was ever a perfect demonstration of SOMEDAY it is this thread, and this lost cause.

theSomedayPrinciple.png

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I am doing exactly what I need to be doing to scale my personal training business significantly -- and that's to build an online following.
That's great!

How many posts did you make this week?

How many fitness profiles have you engaged with?

1. I'm building myself as a bodybuilder
That doesn't exclusively mean bodyfat. That means the amount of muscle I have as well. This takes time. Years in-fact.
You're right!

Keep waiting until the time is perfect @JLE.

You are unable to provide any value to anyone since you are still building your body!

There are totally not guys with worse physiques than you with a better following.

Starting now would be stupid and @ZCP doesn't know what he's talking about!

A computer degree will lead to more personal training clients!

You are giving your all!

Nothing is your fault!

You will be proud of yourself when on your death bed knowing that you fulfilled your potential!

You think that delaying your goal to tomorrow is fine but its not. Days turn to weeks, weeks turn to years, years turn to decades, and before you know it you will die.

You have been on this forum for 5 years now. What have you accomplished?

You need to stop giving yourself excuses. Face reality. 5 YEARS AND NO RESULTS. You're working a shit job. Your wife is working a shit job too.

It is all your fault. Everything!

Do you want this to continue on? Are you truly satisfied with your life? Or do you want more?

Make the decision. Either go all in and dedicate yourself to freedom, or give up now and accept the scripted life.

What do you think your future self wants you to choose?
What do you choose JLE?

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
The 45 year old semi out-of-shape women at my local Y has helped more clients with their fitness goals in the past day or two than you have in 3 years.

At some point, there has to be a mindset shift that happens, otherwise this is just madness.

People do not care about your fitness journey. People want to get help for the problems they face, and they don't care if you're 185 lbs at 15% or 220 pounds at 10%. They need help with mobility, weight loss, flexibility, maintaining strength as they age, and so much more. Rather than any mention of this anywhere on the thread, you are just worried about yourself, your own fitness journey, and growing a magical follower count which will magically convert into paid, repeat clients because everyone will magically be in awe of what you look like.

Truthfully, maybe it's time to give up on the personal training dream for a few years. You should not bother renewing your personal training cert, because to do that you would actually have to help someone else. Not just see them as a follower on your social media which you converted to money (if you were even able to successfully do that). You might actually have to help someone in the real world.

Instead, go find yourself a sales job, whether that's in a furniture store or a call center or something else. Find copywriting work for small businesses. Try to understand the problems that potential customers face and figure out how you can sell them the solution.

Otherwise, you are going to continue to waste your time competing for likes and fake online attention, which will further confuse your goals and your ego, and remain on the sidewalk. Step 1: move from the sidewalk to the slowlane.

Everyone is in it "for life". You are not special in that regard. You have just figured out how to trick your mind to waste years of time taking zero relevant action at all while becoming immune to putting to use any actual feedback. Thread should be #landfilled.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

You could get a programming job tomorrow. No need to wait 2 years.
More excuse making, action delaying, script following.

Here's something I wrote nearly a year ago:
I had a brief stint of 5 months or so where I completely taught myself how to do web development (including HTML, CSS, Javascript, React, SCSS, TailwindCSS, NextJS, etc.) and I quit that too after having received 0 clients and repeated rejections from everywhere I applied.

Perhaps my reasoning for going to school for such makes more sense as a result of that failure.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

A few months ago I toyed around with building a SaaS that analyzes Amazon reviews with some machine learning tools to find insights that Amazon sellers / agencies could use to increase conversion rates. I killed it because I was too busy with my consulting projects. A friend from this forum is part of a cybersecurity group that meets weekly, so I asked if they'd be interested in a listening to me give a talk where I demoed the project and talked about what I learned.

I talked for 2 hours, and afterwards, a data scientist who was in the audience asked me if I was interested in working for his company for $150,000 a year. I declined.

So I got a 6 figure job offer because I spent around 4-6 weeks working a few hours a day on a project that I had little experience with (I can code, but ML was new to me), I asked some friends with experience in that field for help, and because I gave a talk on it. They didn't ask me about my degree.

You can do the same thing with software. You can make a simple web app that does something like let people read PDFs and use chat gpt to ask questions. It's a simple idea, but you'll learn a lot about programming. You can make that git repo public, and include it in your applications for programming jobs. Hell, you might stumble across a decent software business idea and just skip the job entirely.

You don't need credentials - you need results.
I agree you don't need credentials. I promise I have tried this route.

It's very easily said. Not easily done.

Nonetheless great job on your accomplishment. I personally do not need a degree but I think it would drastically improve my chances of employment in the field.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I suggest you rename your Username to "Someday" ...

Someday is Never.

If there was ever a perfect demonstration of SOMEDAY it is this thread, and this lost cause.

View attachment 52160
Genuinely feel free to rename me that. I hope to someday prove that all this meandering was worthwhile. I've even already given a timeframe. It was 2 years. That was only a few months ago.

I know this seems as if I'm trying to be funny but I'm genuinely not.

I cannot happily take action now.

I have a plan in place. It is going to be executed under my time-constraints. That's 2-3 years.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

That's great!

How many posts did you make this week?

How many fitness profiles have you engaged with?

I make 1 post/reel every single day. Meaning in one year I will have 365 posts/reels.

I additionally make 6-10 stories a day of the foods I'm eating, myself doing cardio, daily commitments, anything else fitness or life related.

I've engaged with a few fitness accounts and made a few friends attempting to build themselves up as well. I've recently relocated so I'm not as in frequent of contact with them but we'll exchange a few messages occasionally. They're additionally local bodybuilding competitors.

You are unable to provide any value to anyone since you are still building your body!

There are totally not guys with worse physiques than you with a better following.

You know I appreciate the sentiment, I understand where everyone is coming from with this, but I've actually grown to dislike this hardheaded senseless GO-GO-GO entrepreneurial mentality. It's downright foolish.

Could I execute something whilst completely unprepared for it right this very instant? Yes I could.

I could also drive a car half built. Ascend a shoddily constructed staircase. Fly a plane of passengers without instruction on how to do so.

I understand the concept of just winging it and figuring out how to solve problems along the way, I mean, even in that case you're at the very least making progress. But get this...

My reputation... my name... who I am as a bodybuilder will follow me.

It's ego getting in my way.

I do not want to be the semi-okay-not-bad bodybuilder giving advice but is presently an amateur. I wish to be about it before I talk about it. I will take action on this. I have no doubt.

You and everyone else can doubt me. I will prove you wrong.

You have been on this forum for 5 years now. What have you accomplished?

Here's the even worse news...

I originally found and created an account on this website in 2016 not 2018. I lost the password after 2 years and made a different account. I'm currently 26.. so I've been here since I was about 18yo.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Agreed.

So lets drop it.

I already have.

Why are you guys still commenting?

Why would we not be? I saw this thread was the most recent topic, explored. And it's 10 pages of how you are playing around on Instagram, like millions of other fitness influencers, and growing a fake following. I spent my time reading it, I have every right to comment.

Why are you still here?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
In all honesty, he could probably get a job from @MJ DeMarco as the poster child for 'someday'. hell @JLE , dm me your venmo / paypal. i'll send you $20 and you'll have made more from this thread than bodybuilding. let's get you some value.

i love this thread. it will save a LOT of people from doing this same selfish bullshit.
feel bad for dude's wife and family. he's the gatekeeper to their success and refuses to help.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Why would we not be? I saw this thread was the most recent topic, explored. And it's 10 pages of how you are playing around on Instagram, like millions of other fitness influencers, and growing a fake following. I spent my time reading it, I have every right to comment.

Why are you still here?

If you truly spent your time reading it then you'd come to realize that I have completely given up on the personal training dream for a few years and have outright said that multiple times.

Don’t disagree. I don’t have a personal training business. This post was made in 2021. I‘d reword the title if I knew how to now but here we.
I‘m not coming off as ready for any type of entrepreneurship at this point in my life.
I am not trying to get clients. I've said what I'm going to do.
Forget clients. Forget personal training.

I am trying to build a following.

That's it. Nothing else for now. Just a following.

Right now I'm working on building up my Instagram. I get this is an entrepreneur forum and so trying this is out of place. But that is my goal for now. Just build a following.

No clients. No personal training.

Following.
My way is nothing more than online and from an audience of followers.

Do you need that to start making money right this very second? Absolutely not.

Am I in a rush to do things in a different way? Nope.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

So in two years he can come up with another two year plan of circle-jerking and excuses.
In two years time I'll be a much greater bodybuilder, probably have competed at least once or on the verge of it, assuming over 10k followers if not much more, and completely ready to ---- HEY -- not take on clients!

But to start making Youtube videos providing educational content on bodybuilding and begin building my online reputation through not just Instagram, but Youtube as well, and for the educational content I'm making to actually have some credibility to it.

Still would have $0 made by that time.

But clearly... after all that effort... money certainly couldn't roll my way were I to make an offer to an interested and relevant audience. Definitely not.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.