The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Realistically I just want a better living. Time-freedom would be nice too. But mostly the better living.

I never went to college and now have a wife and a full-time job. Going to school to learn what I could on my own in a 10th the time just to get a degree seems wasteful. However, I‘m left in a minimum wage job at the moment due to it. Can’t afford much. Just scrape by.

So to be brief: to make more.
Why not just get a job above minimum wage if you just want some extra money?

Are you in Ontario? Which part?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 20, 2023
Everyone thinks getting in social media and making 1000 “Hormozi style” videos is the way to get money. That dude was rich before he ever made a single video and got as big as he did in social media because he was spending a ton of money on promotion. Unless you also have a ton of money for promotion, placing all your faith on social media is not a great idea.

Do this instead:
1: Create some sort of lead magnet that gives people nuggets but makes them curious for more. Make it easy to consume.

2: Make a post on your personal FB page that says “Hey, I know some of you out there have asked me for advice on weight loss. Put together this free guide that will ______________. Just drop a comment below and I’ll send it to you.

3: Learn some basic sales. When you send people guide you should follow up by asking them about their goals. Ask them what they have tried. Then ask them what their life would be like if they achieved their fitness goals. Then pitch them a great sounding offer. If they so no try to get a referral from them.

4: What city and county do you live in? Do a Facebook search for every discussion group that centers around your local community.

5: Make the same post in that community and do the same thing.

6: Have conversations with everyone who wants your lead magnet.

7: A week later make another post on both your page and the community pages saying that you care about the health of the community and that you want to give two people free training sessions. “Just drop a persons name in the comments that may want a training session and I’ll be randomly picking a winner next week.” Before you pick a winner go through and message every person who commented or liked your post and offer them your lead magnet and then start a sales convo like the one I described above.

8: Does your community have a local flea market? Farmers market? Anywhere you can set up a little booth with lots of foot traffic? On a busy day set up a pull up bar and have a pull up competition. Anyone who gets x number gets a shirt or something. Have a big sign on there with your name, logo, and some raffle cards for people to enter for a chance to win a free session. People will take pics and share on social media and you will have names and numbers of people to call to sell.

9: Call every gym snd team up with them.

10: use your local groups and/or gyms to run fitness challenges. Again this creates awareness about you.

I can list like 100 more but if you are just going I action fake and not do them, I won’t bother. Go get your first cold client!

Last edited:
G

Guest931Xfjyx

Why not just get a job above minimum wage if you just want some extra money?

Are you in Ontario? Which part?
I’d love to have a better paying job, the only caveat is that I‘m not willing to do something that isn’t sedentary.

I used to work for a moving company, drywall, flooring installation, roof framing; all of that. I could not maintain a proper bodybuilding routine with the sheer exhaustion from such jobs.

I currently work as a Security Guard at $17CAD in Ottawa, ON. All I have is a Security guard license, smart serve, and an expired personal training certification. I never went to college for longer than a semester.

If you have any career advice given all of that, I‘m more than happy to take your input as yes, very clearly, I‘m not coming off as ready for any type of entrepreneurship at this point in my life.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
@JLE
On the thread with the person asking how to get started with weight training you made the following statements:
Most vegans absolutely do not get a sufficient amount of complete proteins conducive to muscle accrual.

Beans alone are not a complete protein.

Rice alone is not a complete protein.

Each of these statements is a problem. Therefore solving any of these problems would be a business opportunity.

Could you create a product or products that solves one or more of these problems? Eg. could you create a supplement (or a sauce) that would make rice into a complete protein. (So the rice and the supplement / sauce together would be a complete protein)?

Could you create a supplement (or sauce) that would turn beans into a complete protein?

Could you create a ebook or online course on how to get complete protein on a vegan or vegetarian diet?

I've no idea if there would be any demand for these products but if the problems you state are real, then there should be.

Edit: Tim Ferriss talks about starting supplement companies in his book "The four hour work week". He claims that it is very easy because almost everything can be outsourced. This would give you low barriers to entry but also low barriers for your competitors.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
It isn't that hard to go to the gym and talk to people socially and naturally, and just get a client by speaking to people in your natural habitat.

You have a good physique right? If so people will take notice and talk about it.

They would be thrilled to have you teach them.

The only way this wouldnt work is if you are an a**hole and no one likes to be around you.

You aren't serious about this at all.

You can't scale 0...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Buckle up. Or click ignore before reading what I’m about to say if you feel vulnerable and not ready for some harsh words.

JLE, you have an addiction, it’s not your purpose or a hobby. It’s an unhealthy, toxic addiction. Your priorities in life are: bodybuilding, bodybuilding and bodybuilding.

Any claims about you wanting a family (kids) or anything else in life isn’t even in the books. You aren’t a trainer or entrepreneur, worse yet - you want to be neither. You want … yes, of course, only bodybuilding. If you couldn’t do bodybuilding tomorrow you’d feel a part of you died. Like a heroin addict … your withdrawals could break you. It’s evident from my chats with you and for how long you’ve been “trying” to monetize that you are “in shape”.

But you already know this. And @BizyDad nailed it, a time (sooner than you wish) will come when it’s too F*cking late.

You are either going to win competitions, get sponsors and earn some decent coin now… I mean this year! Or soon, none of this talk about bodybuilding will even matter.

You still have some hope of success in bodybuilding… and that prevents you from hitting a real bottom, real FTE, rock bottom. But it’s coming. And it won’t be pretty.

To succeed financially, you will have to change yourself: and you aren’t willing to do that yet.

I recently posted a thread to address this very issue:
Thread 'Tell us, who are you?'
ASSERTION - MINDSET - Tell us, who are you?

I see it everywhere, with my employees, people on this forum… and you know what? Even in me! Yes, I too have some harsh realities to own up to.

Also, on the topic of business… @JLE when in your mind you think about being in such great shape that people approach you for advice and pay you, you are missing the point entirely. I don’t need to be in as good a bodybuilding shape as you to be 1,000x more successful in getting clients to train. You know why? Because it works in the opposite direction.

It is NOT about YOU!
YOU doesn’t matter. The client is all that matters.

To discover how to deliver greater value to clients , you must interact with clients. Make mistakes. Fix them. Correct and adjust. Then get better and better. That iteration means changing how you behave AND who you are.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Pay the gym you go to $10 to make a instagram story for you on their page.

"We are starting 8am HIIT training this Saturday, all fitness levels welcome, increase your VO2 max which will improve your longevity and have you smashing your fitness goals!"

(Or whatever marketing variation offer works for what you are good at. I thought of this half drunk just now watching tv at a friends on holidays)

That isn't hard. I used to work at a gym and managed it.

This is not a difficult task bro.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Buckle up. Or click ignore before reading what I’m about to say if you feel vulnerable and not ready for some harsh words.

JLE, you have an addiction, it’s not your purpose or a hobby. It’s an unhealthy, toxic addiction. Your priorities in life are: bodybuilding, bodybuilding and bodybuilding.

Any claims about you wanting a family (kids) or anything else in life isn’t even in the books. You aren’t a trainer or entrepreneur, worse yet - you want to be neither. You want … yes, of course, only bodybuilding. If you couldn’t do bodybuilding tomorrow you’d feel a part of you died. Like a heroin addict … your withdrawals could break you. It’s evident from my chats with you and for how long you’ve been “trying” to monetize that you are “in shape”.

But you already know this. And @BizyDad nailed it, a time (sooner than you wish) will come when it’s too F*cking late.

You are either going to win competitions, get sponsors and earn some decent coin now… I mean this year! Or soon, none of this talk about bodybuilding will even matter.

You still have some hope of success in bodybuilding… and that prevents you from hitting a real bottom, real FTE, rock bottom. But it’s coming. And it won’t be pretty.

To succeed financially, you will have to change yourself: and you aren’t willing to do that yet.

I see it everywhere, with my employees, people on this forum… and you know what? Even in me! Yes, I too have some harsh realities to own up to.

Also, on the topic of business… @JLE when in your mind you think about being in such great shape that people approach you for advice and pay you, you are missing the point entirely. I don’t need to be in as good a bodybuilding shape as you to be 1,000x more successful in getting clients to train. You know why? Because it works in the opposite direction.

It is NOT about YOU!

To discover how to deliver greater value to clients , you must interact with clients. Make mistakes. Fix them. Correct and adjust. Then get better and better. That iteration means changing how you behave AND who you are.

True.

A 60 year old lady at a gym I managed sold like a champion and had clients coming out of her eyeballs.

She wasn't the most physically impressive person, far from it.

But she cared about her clients and helping them, getting them results and improving their lives.

She did very well.

Your physique matters, but it isn't nearly the benefit OP thinks it is, or the silver bullet he is looking for.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

@JLE
On the thread with the person asking how to get started with weight training you made the following statements:

Each of these statements is a problem. Therefore solving any of these problems would be a business opportunity.

Could you create a product or products that solves one or more of these problems? Eg. could you create a supplement (or a sauce) that would make rice into a complete protein. (So the rice and the supplement / sauce together would be a complete protein)?

Could you create a supplement (or sauce) that would turn beans into a complete protein?

Could you create a ebook or online course on how to get complete protein on a vegan or vegetarian diet?

I've no idea if there would be any demand for these products but if the problems you state are real, then there should be.

Edit: Tim Ferriss talks about starting supplement companies in his book "The four hour work week". He claims that it is very easy because almost everything can be outsourced. This would give you low barriers to entry but also low barriers for your competitors.
There are already supplements that solve this problem.

And whilst beans alone are not a complete protein, funnily enough, rice and beans typically are complete proteins when combined together in a meal. It's staggering how many vegans all have the same issue with building muscle. I'm fully convinced it's due to practically all of them lacking essential amino acids in their diet which are typically only found in meats.

Lentils will never equate to the amino acid profile of a T-bone steak. I don't care if you consume 500g of protein a day. You're wasting your efforts.

...All that being said, I appreciate you taking the time. I can see you're trying to help me here. It doesn't go by unnoticed.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

It isn't that hard to go to the gym and talk to people socially and naturally, and just get a client by speaking to people in your natural habitat.

You have a good physique right? If so people will take notice and talk about it.

They would be thrilled to have you teach them.

The only way this wouldnt work is if you are an a**hole and no one likes to be around you.

You aren't serious about this at all.

You can't scale 0...
I don't disagree with you. So who are you arguing against?

...really need a mod to change the title of this thread to "action fake by stubborn guy who lifts weights" or something along those lines. This thread is dated and nobody reads 8 pages of meandering, and you shouldn't expect them to.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 20, 2023
There are already supplements that solve this problem.

And whilst beans alone are not a complete protein, funnily enough, rice and beans typically are complete proteins when combined together in a meal. It's staggering how many vegans all have the same issue with building muscle. I'm fully convinced it's due to practically all of them lacking essential amino acids in their diet which are typically only found in meats.

Lentils will never equate to the amino acid profile of a T-bone steak. I don't care if you consume 500g of protein a day. You're wasting your efforts.

...All that being said, I appreciate you taking the time. I can see you're trying to help me here. It doesn't go by unnoticed.
Did you see my list of 10 marketing strategies above? Go out TODAY and implement it… you will get clients

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I don't disagree with you. So who are you arguing against?

...really need a mod to change the title of this thread to "action fake by stubborn guy who lifts weights" or something along those lines. This thread is dated and nobody reads 8 pages of meandering, and you shouldn't expect them to.

I'm not arguing with anyone. Hope you do well at what you want to do.

But it just seems like you are doing nothing which is why I tried to nudge you to go do something, like anything at all to be honest.

I'm not having a go at you man, hard to convey tonality over text on the interwebs.

It's just a frustrating thread to read.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

It is NOT about YOU!

You're successful. I know you are. I've seen you around the forum. I think I listened to a few minutes of a podcast you featured in. I know you know your shit. You're absolutely right. I could go out and find clients.

I'll try to be clear here though, I've tried to repeatedly but nothing sticks.

Very succinctly: I want to do it my way.

Everyone here is in such a damn rush. But for what? Why so hasty? Is money gonna vanish tomorrow? Sure, I could be wealthier now, but not in a way I'd like.

I have a plan in place.

Tell me this wont work if I'm coming from the mindset of doing it for the remainder of my life:
1. I get to the point where I'm damn near incredible and it's very obvious I have a clue
2. I post content every single day proving I have a damn clue and that I've accomplished some admirable things
3. People see that content, progressively in larger and larger quantities over time
4. I never quit. By never, I mean never. This goes on until I croak and rest my eyes in life for good
5. When a large amount of people see that I'm giving value, repeatedly, and I've proven myself very obviously...

...I'm going to have the opportunity to make an income in an infinite amount of ways. I'll be seen as an authority.

Yes this is a long route. But guess what? I'm just hardheaded and annoying enough to pull it off.

Don't believe in me? Good.

I'll prove you wrong.

Long live my toxic insufferable addiction. (I prefer the word obsession, but I'll take your description of it).

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Did you see my list of 10 marketing strategies above? Go out TODAY and implement it… you will get clients
Thank you. But kindly, a moderator needs to change the title of this thread or delete it.

I am not trying to get clients. I've said what I'm going to do.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Forget clients. Forget personal training.

I am trying to build a following.

That's it. Nothing else for now. Just a following.

Right now I'm working on building up my Instagram. I get this is an entrepreneur forum and so trying this is out of place. But that is my goal for now. Just build a following.

No clients. No personal training.

Following.

That's it.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
You're successful. I know you are. I've seen you around the forum. I think I listened to a few minutes of a podcast you featured in. I know you know your shit. You're absolutely right. I could go out and find clients.

I'll try to be clear here though, I've tried to repeatedly but nothing sticks.

Is it because the rest of us aren’t start enough to understand you or because you are fooling yourself?

Very succinctly: I want to do it my way.

Of course you want to do it your way. And so far your way has worked … not at all. How long before you realize that maybe you are great at building your body but not your business. Someone like me is your polar opposite. I have skinny arms but I know business. Which is why you posted this thread 2 years ago in the first place?! Or is it just a journal of “I want to do it my way and show others how to do it”?

Everyone here is in such a damn rush. But for what? Why so hasty? Is money gonna vanish tomorrow?

Classic. Most poor people I meet act like time has no value, there is always tomorrow. But is there? Will your wife still be with you? Will you be able to have kids with age? (Maybe you don’t want kids, maybe you don’t want a wife or any material things or vacations or safety net). What if something happens to your body tomorrow that makes it impossible for you to train? How will you make a good living?

Analogy: the time it took you to get into the current physical shape and the effort - same is required in business. It won’t just happen because you “wish it were so”. It requires equal level of sacrifice.

Today I see you telling me “hey AF, I am willing to do whatever it takes except show up or put in any kind of effort into making money”. OK. It’s like a bodybuilder coming to you and saying “I’ll do whatever it takes except show up to gym or lift any kind of weights”. That’s your business the last 2 years of this thread being alive.

I am holding up a mirror brother - look at it. See yourself. Tell me, where am I wrong?

Sure, I could be wealthier now, but not in a way I'd like.

I have a plan in place.

Tell me this wont work if I'm coming from the mindset of doing it for the remainder of my life:
1. I get to the point where I'm damn near incredible and it's very obvious I have a clue
2. I post content every single day proving I have a damn clue and that I've accomplished some admirable things
3. People see that content, progressively in larger and larger quantities over time
4. I never quit. By never, I mean never. This goes on until I croak and rest my eyes in life for good
5. When a large amount of people see that I'm giving value, repeatedly, and I've proven myself very obviously...

...I'm going to have the opportunity to make an income in an infinite amount of ways. I'll be seen as an authority.
That’s not a plan. It has no timeframe, it has no iterations or corrections. It requires everything the way you write it to go to perfection and life is a bitch. Nothing ever goes that way.

What’s the rush again? Oh right… life. It happens. Shit happens. It’ll happen when you want it least. It is always better to be ahead than behind.

Yes this is a long route. But guess what? I'm just hardheaded and annoying enough to pull it off.

Don't believe in me? Good.

I'll prove you wrong.

Long live my toxic insufferable addiction. (I prefer the word obsession, but I'll take your description of it).

I truly and sincerely hope you succeed. I find you to be an interesting and good person. Our chats led me to think positively of you. I take the time to reply because I care. The most valuable resource I have is time and I am willing to give some to you. Don‘t confuse that with anything but positive intentions. I am concerned for you … it’s been 2 years and you are still talking about $500 / mo being ”life changing” amount. That is what concerns me. I could give a shit about bodybuilding or personal training… I want YOU to do better and not have to worry about such small amounts of money.

But if you don’t really want anything other than confirming your own thoughts by others… I am the wrong person to be replying and please tell me so I don’t waste more time.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Realistically I just want a better living. Time-freedom would be nice too. But mostly the better living.
I never went to college and now have a wife and a full-time job. ..... However, I‘m left in a minimum wage job at the moment due to it. Can’t afford much. Just scrape by.
You have a wife and you are this selfish?
You have the means to make her life better and choose to lay around in 'just scrape by'.

She's the one we need to talk to. Maybe we can save her from this.
She deserves better.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

You have a wife and you are this selfish?
You have the means to make her life better and choose to lay around in 'just scrape by'.

She's the one we need to talk to. Maybe we can save her from this.
She deserves better.
That's right Z. I have a wife and I'm this selfish.

Trying to shame me isn't going to work.

Here I'll join you. I'm a worthless a**hole bum who only cares about himself and looking jacked in the mirror.

Still gonna do this my way.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

That’s not a plan. It has no timeframe, it has no iterations or corrections. It requires everything the way you write it to go to perfection and life is a bitch. Nothing ever goes that way.

The timeframe is the rest of my life, and the metric for what I deem as success is far beneath yours.

If I could make the salary of a school teacher being a bodybuilder: I find that an astronomical success.

This goal seems realistic to me. Given that, I'm thoroughly convinced I will not fail.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Here I'll join you. I'm a worthless a**hole bum who only cares about himself and looking jacked in the mirror.

Is that what you want to be?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
The timeframe is the rest of my life, and the metric for what I deem as success is far beneath yours.

If I could make the salary of a school teacher being a bodybuilder: I find that an astronomical success.

This goal seems realistic to me. Given that, I'm thoroughly convinced I will not fail.

Rope a dope boxing games you are playing here.

You start a thread on how to scale personal training "business" significantly. Only to say "I won't do what it takes".

You then claim you want freedom.

You then claim you would like to afford some things and maybe even kids.

You then claim you'll become an influencer on an unlimited timeframe (lifetime) and only want a teacher's salary for full happiness.

Let me get this straight, every time you fail to meet any kind of objection or challenge you weave your way out by lowering your goals, changing them or proclaiming to be "worthless bum".

I am rapidly changing my positive perception of you.

If you want nothing out of life, have no ambition for any financial success - what's the point of being on a FASTlane forum? The word FAST is key here in my question.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Rope a dope boxing games you are playing here.

You start a thread on how to scale personal training "business" significantly. Only to say "I won't do what it takes".

You then claim you want freedom.

You then claim you would like to afford some things and maybe even kids.

You then claim you'll become an influencer on an unlimited timeframe (lifetime) and only want a teacher's salary for full happiness.

Let me get this straight, every time you fail to meet any kind of objection or challenge you weave your way out by lowering your goals, changing them or proclaiming to be "worthless bum".

I am rapidly changing my positive perception of you.

If you want nothing out of life, have no ambition for any financial success - what's the point of being on a FASTlane forum? The word FAST is key here in my question.

You raise some good points here.

You're right that I cannot simultaneously want kids and freedom whilst having a lifetime as a time frame. That there is a very clear disconnect that you caught.

I honestly just sigh at reading all of this. I understand you all are trying to help me, and I'm trying to help myself too. I just don't want to have in-person clients. It doesn't interest me. I want online clients only.

I don't think it will take me a lifetime, but yes, that is the timeframe I'm working in.

I obviously don't care what perception you, or Z, or anyone (even my wife) has of me. You can depict me as a worthless bum and I'm comfortable with that evaluation. It's not the label I want, but I'm not going to fret over it.

I want to do this my way.

My way is nothing more than online and from an audience of followers.

Do you need that to start making money right this very second? Absolutely not.

Am I in a rush to do things in a different way? Nope.

Is that selfish and inconsiderate towards my wife/family/fill-in-the-blank? Yep.

...Moreover, someone, please for Christ sakes change the title of this thread or delete it.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Obviously not. But that's the perception others have of me so I'll wear it proudly.

I'm going to be blunt with you. The only way for things to change for you is for you to change. Specifically, you need to change your attitude about yourself and about other people.

You want to be right more than you want to be rich (or even have a comfortable living).

This is not a case of "I don't know what to do". This is a case of "I know what to do, I don't want to do it, anyone have any other suggestions?" That was me in my progress thread a year ago, actually. I had to accept that (1) I don't know as much as I think I do and (2) there are many ways to skin the cat, but doing nothing isn't one of them.

You can be a good person if you want. You showed that side of yourself when you were helping that other guy in the other thread. But you're on a path to self destruction, we're trying to show you a different way, and you're rejecting it because your ego (the same ego that sets those arbitrary goals and criteria) feels attacked.

Nothing I, or anyone else, can do about that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Here's your first client, you both can help each other level up.

And for the love of God, you can stop the 2 years of endless action-faking, excuses, and idle chatter.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I'll take the ego blame too.

If this irritates you enough, ban me. Continue to slander me. Whatever you like.

Again... I'm doing this my way.

---------------------

EDIT: Gonna stop responding to all messages now. I'll come back in a few months with an update on my Instagram follower count. That's the route I want to take and I'm going to take.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
This thread will help a lot of people over the next few years.
And his kids may end up being amazing after they grow up in poverty and apathy and rebel against that shit.

Someone bump this thread in a few months and let's see all the IG followers.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I'll take the ego blame too.

If this irritates you enough, ban me. Continue to slander me. Whatever you like.

Again... I'm doing this my way.

---------------------

EDIT: Gonna stop responding to all messages now. I'll come back in a few months with an update on my Instagram follower count. That's the route I want to take and I'm going to take.

Bro...

I think the issue everyone clearly has is you started a "progress" thread on the Fast Lane forum, but you desire neither Fast nor even the Lane.

You are and have been working a minimum wage job.

You popped back on to announce progress... of starting a following?

But you complain that $450 a month would be life changing and you still do nothing within your power to achieve it.

It's not the selfishness that bugs everyone, its the willful disregard of your own (and your family's) self-interest. We have people in third world countries that are making more than you in less time than you've been writing this thread...

The forum wants good examples. Either people who crushed their goals, or people who face challenges and overcome them, or people who make mistakes and keep trying.

Buddy, with respect, you are currently none of these. I actually read something about bodybuilding marketers. Everything you do and say lines up perfectly with what various Mr Olympia's teach.

So maybe start a progress thread on a bodybuilding forum? Because that's all you what this thread to be and we all want more than that from each other.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

March 17th, 2023:
Followers:
17 (half of which are bots that followed me)
Stories: 0
Reels: 0

October 3rd, 2023:
I now have 7 posts/reels and 70 followers.

October 14th, 2023:
Followers:
Posts/Reels: 18
Bodyweight: 206lbs
Bodyfat: 11%?

I get I've taken 0 action in business. But just gonna keep this up. Will continue to post relevant bodybuilding related content to Instagram every day. I'm not gonna quit.

Don't even comment. Just let this build up. I'll give updates intermittently.

Also as a side note, since someone did mention I clearly am not presently cut-out for entrepreneurship. I have enrolled in college to get a 2-year degree in computer programming. Need an escape from a minimum wage job, at the very least I can make some better money in my slowlane.

So yeah, that's the updates for my life and trying to build my reputation/self as a bodybuilder right now.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I’d love to have a better paying job, the only caveat is that I‘m not willing to do something that isn’t sedentary.

I used to work for a moving company, drywall, flooring installation, roof framing; all of that. I could not maintain a proper bodybuilding routine with the sheer exhaustion from such jobs.

I currently work as a Security Guard at $17CAD in Ottawa, ON. All I have is a Security guard license, smart serve, and an expired personal training certification. I never went to college for longer than a semester.

If you have any career advice given all of that, I‘m more than happy to take your input as yes, very clearly, I‘m not coming off as ready for any type of entrepreneurship at this point in my life.
Given your talent in physical attributes, I am not sure what is the Canada’s equivalent there.

In my country swimming instructors make a good living from teaching kids, due to the scalability nature of big classes in pools.

Teaching kids sports could be a good income booster.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.