The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can I find a "list" of clients/prospects?

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
I have a copywriting and funnel creation agency and I'm about to start outreaching people via email/ cold calls.

Anyone who's doing the same thing (with or without the same business model), is there something like a list of startups/ small businesses?

Otherwise I'm not really sure how I'm gonna find people to email since I'm just starting out and shooting my shot with huuuge famous businesses would 99.999% be a waste of time.

Thank you very much for your time!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
I have a copywriting and funnel creation agency and I'm about to start outreaching people via email/ cold calls.

Anyone who's doing the same thing (with or without the same business model), is there something like a list of startups/ small businesses?

Otherwise I'm not really sure how I'm gonna find people to email since I'm just starting out and shooting my shot with huuuge famous businesses would 99.999% be a waste of time.

Use 6 degrees of separation method. See, for example, https://dynpass.xyz/6dsm.html

Absar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jan 9, 2023

Hey Man, I have planned to start my agency with the same business model.
Would be glad if you could please elaborate on your agency a little bit.
Which Niche you're going to target?

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
Hey Man, I have planned to start my agency with the same business model.
Would be glad if you could please elaborate on your agency a little bit.
Which Niche you're going to target?
Hey good to know!
So, I’ve done some freelance Copywriting but I found it wasn’t really a business but more of a side hustle.

Recently I had the idea of creating an agency which basically outsources the actual work (the copy)

What Id do is only look for clients and basically be the salesman, while my team of copywriters do the job.

I’d split the profits 50/50 since each part does half the work.

As of niche targeting I’d start with virtually any niche (as long as my team feels comfortable with it) and with experience I’ll then double down on the best niches for both me and my team.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions go ahead, I’ll try to help with what I can!

cornishpasty

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Mar 14, 2023
Cornwall, UK
Hey good to know!
So, I’ve done some freelance Copywriting but I found it wasn’t really a business but more of a side hustle.

Recently I had the idea of creating an agency which basically outsources the actual work (the copy)

What Id do is only look for clients and basically be the salesman, while my team of copywriters do the job.

As of niche targeting I’d start with virtually any niche (as long as my team feels comfortable with it) and with experience I’ll then double down on the best niches for both me and my team.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions go ahead, I’ll try to help with what I can!
What kind of companies are you targeting? You could start by finding an industry to target (if you haven’t done already) and googling them by location (e.g. architects in paris) and start there. They should all have phone numbers there and with a bit of digging you should be able to find the names of decision makers to ask for.

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
What kind of companies are you targeting? You could start by finding an industry to target (if you haven’t done already) and googling them by location (e.g. architects in paris) and start there. They should all have phone numbers there and with a bit of digging you should be able to find the names of decision makers to ask for.
Thanks! I was looking for B2B ad even tho what you suggested is pretty intuitive I didn't think about it...

Would you think it's a good idea to start by targeting all niches (say on Apollo.com) and then stick with the ones that accustom me and my team the most? Is it better to niche down first or to know by experience?

Thanks a lot for your time :)

cornishpasty

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Mar 14, 2023
Cornwall, UK
Thanks! I was looking for B2B ad even tho what you suggested is pretty intuitive I didn't think about it...

Would you think it's a good idea to start by targeting all niches (say on Apollo.com) and then stick with the ones that accustom me and my team the most? Is it better to niche down first or to know by experience?

Thanks a lot for your time :)
Niche down as early as you can and find a specific issue for that niche, otherwise there is too much noise and you might struggle to cut through it.

Absar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jan 9, 2023
Hey good to know!

I also plan to outsource the sales copy work and do the design and automations myself.

The most I am struggling with is finding an in-demand niche that would require this service.

These are niches I found that require funnels -
1. Coaches/Consultants
2. E-commerce
3. Content Creators ~ maybe
4. Info-product biz

I am kind of interested in content creation and info-product biz.
I have a good understanding of the content niche tho

I lack clarity.

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
I also plan to outsource the sales copy work and do the design and automations myself.

The most I am struggling with is finding an in-demand niche that would require this service.

These are niches I found that require funnels -
1. Coaches/Consultants
2. E-commerce
3. Content Creators ~ maybe
4. Info-product biz

I am kind of interested in content creation and info-product biz.
I have a good understanding of the content niche tho

I lack clarity.
I’d tell you to email 15 people per niche and see how it goes

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1) Maybe you already have a list of prospects?

2) What do people ALREADY spend money on that indicates they're prepared to pay to solve the problem you hope to solve?
  • "Who already has your customers?" (Jay Abraham)
  • "Your market is a demonstrated cashflow." (A TropicalMBA podcast, maybe this one)

3) They're not a client till they've paid.
  • You're looking for a list of prospects.

4) I added a "?" to the end of your thread title.
  • Little stuff like that matters if you're going to deal with business owners, and especially with anything to do with writing.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
scrape google local service business data

I would export that and then create a ringless voicemail to send out to the numbers for $0.04 per message "Hey I was looking at your business and my first thought was 'man, I could really improve the copywriting and landing pages'. I work with businesses and help them build great ad campaigns and get them a lot more clients, and I can almost guarantee we can get you way more business, call me back and I'll do a free consultation with tips and maybe we can work together"

Can send out thousands of voicemails to local businesses with making it sound like you made the call personally and it costs very little.

That's off the top of my head

I'd get the $100 package and get 15k leads, send them out and it will likely cost you like a few hundred bucks to contact thousands and thousands of businesses with a voicemail.

I would NEVER waste my time doing things personally.

Line two guys up next to each other and one is grinding his way through call after call, losing motivation. The other uses automation and "calls" 900 people before breakfast. My money is on the automation guy.

edit: Google Maps scraper · Apify

looks cheaper ^

1679569782609.png

Just crawled a list of lawn care companies in Pierce county, WA. It's still running. I might export this myself and send a message asking if they would like to sell their maintenance customers to me, or if they want to partner and I could pay them for every maintenance lead they send me.

A good idea would be to send something to them for free like a text that says "hey I was checking your business out and I think you could use some help with leads and I put together a free guide on getting more clients for your (industry) business. Here's the link" and blast it out, and it goes to a long article and they can download the guide by subscribing and it upsells them to a program.

Could run a fully automated digital product business and your costs would only be
1. scaping data (dirt cheap)
2. sending texts (dirt cheap)
plus you're leading with value so I would expect a decent number of people to check it out.

Last edited:

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 4, 2019
If you're in the US you could try the sba.gov small business search: SBA - Could Not Set Session Cookies

You can search based on location and a bunch of other factors, and then export the results as an excel spreadsheet. It gives you contact info, description of the business, etc.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Have you got any clients for your budding agency yet @gregoriobruni?

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
Niche down as early as you can and find a specific issue for that niche, otherwise there is too much noise and you might struggle to cut through it.
Thanks a lot!
Have you got any clients for your budding agency yet @gregoriobruni?
Unfortunately no, tbh I still gotta send my first email, reson being Im strugglng to choose which way between the ones I got suggested is the best to save time and effort as well as getting my first results.

Thank you a lot for answering and mentoring me tho <3

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023

I would export that and then create a ringless voicemail to send out to the numbers for $0.04 per message "Hey I was looking at your business and my first thought was 'man, I could really improve the copywriting and landing pages'. I work with businesses and help them build great ad campaigns and get them a lot more clients, and I can almost guarantee we can get you way more business, call me back and I'll do a free consultation with tips and maybe we can work together"

Can send out thousands of voicemails to local businesses with making it sound like you made the call personally and it costs very little.

I'd get the $100 package and get 15k leads, send them out and it will likely cost you like a few hundred bucks to contact thousands and thousands of businesses with a voicemail.

Line two guys up next to each other and one is grinding his way through call after call, losing motivation. The other uses automation and "calls" 900 people before breakfast. My money is on the automation guy.

looks cheaper ^

View attachment 47864

Just crawled a list of lawn care companies in Pierce county, WA. It's still running. I might export this myself and send a message asking if they would like to sell their maintenance customers to me, or if they want to partner and I could pay them for every maintenance lead they send me.

A good idea would be to send something to them for free like a text that says "hey I was checking your business out and I think you could use some help with leads and I put together a free guide on getting more clients for your (industry) business. Here's the link" and blast it out, and it goes to a long article and they can download the guide by subscribing and it upsells them to a program.

Could run a fully automated digital product business and your costs would only be
plus you're leading with value so I would expect a decent number of people to check it out.
Firstly, thanks a lot for the effort!

I've had mixed reviews on this way of doing lead generation:

Some people tell me that customizing every email for every business I contact is a waste of time but other people tell me a carefully crafted email fit for each customer can have much better results despite the loss of time...

I'm really confused especially since I've NEVER done any kind of outreach and I'm selling a service which is very personal for every customer and client.

Also, the idea of cold calling lead makes my buttcheeks shake in fear.

Thanks again!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately no, tbh I still gotta send my first email, reson being Im strugglng to choose which way between the ones I got suggested is the best to save time and effort as well as getting my first results.

Thank you a lot for answering and mentoring me tho <3
If you have no clients yet then you've not established what your offer or ideal client is.

Maybe start interacting with business owners or even just observing them chatting in communities (online or in real life).

I don't do cold calling or cold emailing. Maybe those that do can suggest how you could get the ball rolling when you haven't established product-market fit.

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023

looks cheaper ^

View attachment 47864

Anyways, what does it mean to "export" and how can I actually send the contacts a voice message??

Thank you!

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
If you have no clients yet then you've not established what your offer or ideal client is.

Maybe start interacting with business owners or even just observing them chatting in communities (online or in real life).

I don't do cold calling or cold emailing. Maybe those that do can suggest how you could get the ball rolling when you haven't established product-market fit.
It's definitely true, I don't have the slightest idea about what niches I'd want to work with; I know I can offer email copy, ad campaigns and sales/ landing page copy but I don't know which niches would be the best to contact...

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Anyways, what does it mean to "export" and how can I actually send the contacts a voice message??

Thank you!
"Export" means to download data.

It sounds like there's services to send voice messages.

This is just stuff to figure out.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What @Johnny boy is saying @gregoriobruni is that he's given a load of info to point you in a direction and it's up to you to figure it out.

Heck, if you can figure it out then that could even be a service you provide businesses.

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
What @Johnny boy is saying @gregoriobruni is that he's given a load of info to point you in a direction and it's up to you to figure it out.

Heck, if you can figure it out then that could even be a service you provide businesses.
Don’t worry I got what he was saying, you’re right, I should figure it out by myself. Thank you

designernils

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 3, 2023
Munich

@gregoriobruni

I just stumbled across this website FinalScout - Find anyone's professional email address that can help you find a list of potential prospects (where ypu can filter them by industry, profession, etc.) and send them emails directly from this platform. It can probably help you tremendously as it offers ChatGPT. Combined with your Copywriting skills and ChatGPT can be your power combo.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.