The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can I find my "Lambo"?

Anything related to matters of the mind

JuampiAAAJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jul 8, 2023
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Just the title...

I'm a very basic guy who doesn't care about materialistic things or in financial freedom.

I know that probably is stupid the part of financial freedom but I don't feel it. I'm 22 years old and I don't know why but I don't feel the burning desire for money or wealth

Probably my mind is so scripted by the culture that I've been living on. (I'm from Argentina and our script in relation with money is so different compared to other countries. e.g., Inflation of 100% in the each of the last three years so we use dollars as a method of "Investment").

My only desire/goal right now is to go to Italy and get my Italian citizenship because I don't want to live in Argentina.

I know that living in the script is wrong but without a "burning desire" I don't feel the motivation to start my fastlane journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
Presumably it will take some money to move to Italy and get citizenship, and then to continue to live there? Then, that's your "Lambo". Or maybe it's the difference between just about being able to get to Italy and exists there, or to live somewhere really nice. I've never been to Italy, but it has towns and cities so I'm sure it has plenty of places that you'd rather avoid, even if the image of Italy is one of lovely old building, wonderful scenery and so on.

Or maybe even just being able to not care about your horrific inflation rate (we're around 10% now and it's as if the world is ending, according to the news) - whenever I go shopping and see that something I bought has gone up in price since last week, that's a reason to have more income - so that I don't care.

I like cars, I can look at these supercars all day long, but I can't imagine being in a position where I'd actually want to have one, for all sorts of reasons - I don't know where I'd use it, what I'd do with it, so for me being able to have something like that would just force me to then change all sorts of other aspects of my lifestyle, which would be more of a pain that just having the car. But it represents any goal - it's not that you have to have a Lambo, just that you could if you wanted to.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Just the title...

I'm a very basic guy who doesn't care about materialistic things or in financial freedom.

I know that probably is stupid the part of financial freedom but I don't feel it. I'm 22 years old and I don't know why but I don't feel the burning desire for money or wealth

Probably my mind is so scripted by the culture that I've been living on. (I'm from Argentina and our script in relation with money is so different compared to other countries. e.g., Inflation of 100% in the each of the last three years so we use dollars as a method of "Investment").

My only desire/goal right now is to go to Italy and get my Italian citizenship because I don't want to live in Argentina.

I know that living in the script is wrong but without a "burning desire" I don't feel the motivation to start my fastlane journey.
If you don't want to then don't do it haha.

What I think is that you can't admit the true reasons you want the money.

Is it to prove your family wrong?
Is it to get girls ?
Is it to finally be able to feel like a non looser?

You are here and you spent a few hours reading the books. Someone with just no interest wouldn't do that.

JuampiAAAJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jul 8, 2023
Buenos Aires, Argentina
If you don't want to then don't do it haha.

What I think is that you can't admit the true reasons you want the money.

Is it to prove your family wrong?
Is it to get girls ?
Is it to finally be able to feel like a non looser?

You are here and you spent a few hours reading the books. Someone with just no interest wouldn't do that.

Probably is this hahaha

I don't want to admit that I'm so interested in money but I have to. It's the truth...

When someone asks me about the books that I read, I answer knowing that the other person it's going to criticize me. I have a voice inside me telling "Lie so you don't have to explain the whys of your readings"

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
It seems that you want us to convince you that you need this mindshift ^^

Plus the fact that you want to move to another country make clear that you want to change your situation

Freedom make situation changes possible and money bring freedom so yeah you are already in the mind shifting

In fact members of this forum talk about freedom and situation changes, money is just a vector, we don't want to make money for the sake of it, we want to be free

Anyway welcome on the forum

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
If it's your dream let's go...
Italia is good, I'm from France and I've heard a lot of good from this country.
Lamba or not, you can find a "Why", YOUR why. And write it on a pieace of paper or in a Google doc.
After that you can make your 1-5-10 and follow your why or your dreams ! :)
I wish you the best my friend, have a great day and enjoy your life !

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Get a hold of Bobby here who runs Global Wealth Protection and he can guide how to obtain Residency and similar stuff

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I don't understand these posts. Perhaps it's a cultural difference but how do you want to live a full life without money?

How can you be a young, healthy man and have no desire to experience life in all its abundance which can only happen if you have the means for it?

Are you aware that rent, food, transportation, entertainment, etc. all cost money?

Are you aware that people who "don't have the drive" have to make do with the worst quality of everything which eventually also affects their health and shortens their lifespan as they can't afford healthy habits and proper medical care?

What if one of your parents gets sick and they can't afford proper treatment and you can't do anything to help them because you're broke? Would you enjoy seeing them suffer because you "didn't care" about materialistic things?

What if you start a family and your kids see you once a week because the rest of the time you're busy working for pennies? Is it even fair to the kids to have them if you don't plan to have the means to provide them with a good life?

Do you really enjoy the thought of working for someone else 40+ hours a week for the rest of your life until shitty retirement because you'd be too broke to enjoy it?

Given the horrible economy in Argentina, haven't you seen firsthand what happens to the country and its people if they have no money?

What do you think happens if you try to move to Italy without any money? How do you imagine your life to be if they even somehow let you in? Do you think you'll live in a Tuscan villa for free? Do you even understand how terrible the economy in Italy is and how hard it is to get even a bad job as a young guy with no experience?

I'm perplexed by your thought process.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
People who think money plays no role in happiness are in for a rough life. Having no money and no options is a form of subtle, self imposed slavery.

If you were a billionaire, you think you’d have any problem moving to italy? Or anywhere else in the world? Money is freedom, choices, and so much more.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
My only desire/goal right now is to go to Italy and get my Italian citizenship

Those are two contradictory statements.

You either care about your financial freedom, or you don't.

Wanting to move to another country and being unable to do it is a clear sign that you actually care a lot about your freedom. You just haven't articulated your thoughts properly.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
I understand your point actually. I was like that your age. This is also the mentality in my country. Money is evil and you do not need it because it will corrupt you. That is what the majority of people there think.

Does money corrupt people? Absolutely!.. But why not use extreme amounts of wealth to supercharge what you really want to accomplish? It does not have to be the Lambo. It can be to feed the poor, save the whales, cure diseases, or whatever you want!

Additionally, you are making another big mistake which I also did at your age also. You assume that what you feel and want now will be the same for years to come. Boy oh boy you are in for a ride!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Does money corrupt people? Absolutely!
No it doesn't.

Money just amplifies who you already are.
  • If you're a jerk, money will make you an even bigger jerk.
  • If you're kind and generous, money will make you even more kind and generous.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
No it doesn't.

Money just amplifies who you already are.
  • If you're a jerk, money will make you an even bigger jerk.
  • If you're kind and generous, money will make you even more kind and generous.
We do not disagree. I did not say that money corrupts all people. What I mean is that it can corrupt some.

JuampiAAAJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jul 8, 2023
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I don't understand these posts. Perhaps it's a cultural difference but how do you want to live a full life without money?
In this case, I feel that I don't have too many experiences in my life. Including good and bad ones...
How can you be a young, healthy man and have no desire to experience life in all its abundance which can only happen if you have the means for it?
I never felt (or I just don't remember) abundance in my life.

I'm going to travel to the South East Asia in August with the hopes of changing that perspective of abundance.
Are you aware that people who "don't have the drive" have to make do with the worst quality of everything which eventually also affects their health and shortens their lifespan as they can't afford healthy habits and proper medical care?

What if one of your parents gets sick and they can't afford proper treatment and you can't do anything to help them because you're broke? Would you enjoy seeing them suffer because you "didn't care" about materialistic things?

What if you start a family and your kids see you once a week because the rest of the time you're busy working for pennies? Is it even fair to the kids to have them if you don't plan to have the means to provide them with a good life?
I understand all the points that you are pointing out, but the real problem is that I don't see it for myself.

Probably when some of your points align with my life, I will change my whole perspective.

Do you really enjoy the thought of working for someone else 40+ hours a week for the rest of your life until shitty retirement because you'd be too broke to enjoy it?
And this is the only thing that I'm experiencing right now and it's good to feel it I think. It's changing my perspective for better

JuampiAAAJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jul 8, 2023
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I need to check this thread ASAP!!!

JuampiAAAJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jul 8, 2023
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Additionally, you are making another big mistake which I also did at your age also. You assume that what you feel and want now will be the same for years to come. Boy oh boy you are in for a ride!
Yep... I think that this is my major problem. I'm only thinking in short term.

That's why I want to do this trip to South east Asia. Probably, I'm going to feel abundance and it can awake my burning desire

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
Just the title...

My "Lambo" is to have the freedom that I can spend unlimited hours with my kids, being able to afford us cool adventures, and heck.. Just to learn blacksmithing for 6months without ever worrying about how the bills would be paid.

buy_the_dip

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jul 12, 2023
Just the title...

Why do you need a "lambo"? Or the mindset to get a "lambo"?

Not everyone is a entrepreneur. Not everyone is a leader. Not everyone is a hustle-guy. And thats OK. You have to be happy in YOUR live. And when you are happy with a 8-5 job it is absolutly okey.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Yep... I think that this is my major problem. I'm only thinking in short term.

That's why I want to do this trip to South east Asia. Probably, I'm going to feel abundance and it can awake my burning desire

Why South East Asia? To "discover yourself"? lol

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
There are plenty of things that I want, that I need money for.

• When alzheimer's / dementia is cured soon, having the money to be able to afford the cutting edge treatments to save my dad from it (he doesn't have it yet, but it runs in his family).
  • Complete freedom of time and resources to do some epic adventures with my kids in their teen years (think: bicycle the circumference of Iceland, thru-hike the entire appalachian trail, etc.).
  • Having the resources to cure myself or any of my loved ones from cancer in the future (assuming biotech gets this figured out in next 2-3 decades).
  • Radical life extension - When life-extension and aging-reversal treatments come out sometime this century, it will likely not be cheap. I want to live past 120. Becoming wealthy is literally a matter of life or death to me.
  • Buy citizenship or residency in another country (bug out plan)
  • Buy a summer home or two in cooler climates (The excessive heat in our state is a big drag on quality of life).
  • Eat healthier. I still make some decisions at the grocery store based on price. I don't want to look at a price tag on a food item ever again.
  • I want to pay off a best friend's crippling medical debt for the unexpectedly complicated birth of one of his children.
  • I want to buy my mom a baby grand piano. Her skills far exceed the awful instrument she's playing on. and get one for myself while I'm at it.
  • I want to make a ton of money, so I can help a ton of people and impact the world. (homelessness is an issue I care a lot about, there's others too).
  • I got another 50 things I could put here. So much I want to do in this life.

But if you don't want anything... I don't know what to tell you. No reason to go into business I guess. Save yourself the headaches, and just get a job and a netflix account.

Last edited:

JuampiAAAJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jul 8, 2023
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Why South East Asia? To "discover yourself"? lol
Yep, I bit of tourism and chill with friends. It's my first time with this opportunity of travelling alone and paying for a vacation all by myself.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Yep, I bit of tourism and chill with friends. It's my first time with this opportunity of travelling alone and paying for a vacation all by myself.

Idea for you to make extra cash. Travel photographer for small brands and small-time/micro content creators since you're going to other countries. This would make a good fiverr gig. Beach walk videos in Bali, Thailand etc. Like those Fiverr "I will send photos/make content in X country".

Italy is the right choice of destination if that's where you plan to go.....they've the best looking people (girls) there.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
This video should be mandatory to watch before you decide to pull the handbrake and turn on the hazard lights in the pathetic slowlane.

Use your TIME :gold:wisely, because life offers no refunds.

YouCanDoThis

Start with Empathy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 2, 2021
Europe
Ok, so you view yourself as not being materialistic and not caring about money, but if you did, and you had a couple of millions anyway…what would you spend that on? I mean, after you paid for regular life expenses like groceries and electricity bills. How would you burn that money? How would you use that cash to make the world a better place, for yourself and/or others?

It’s a purely theoretical exercise, there are no good or evil answers. Try not to be ashamed of whatever pops up in your head. And if you draw a blank, that’s something to ponder while traveling Asia.

Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
The beast of the black Lambo is calling my name... (being sarcastic). I've been having issues with dreaming as well my man a bit. After all the materialistic wants and freedom. The rest of the money, I'd have. I would donate to homeless people who are caring and want a second chance. The ones who don't drink, do drugs or gamble with the money. Or to help spread awareness of animal cruelty.

I have never met a nice homeless 64-year-old lady who is just looking to start over, but due to her age, it's hard. Every night, she pushes this cart around with all of her stuff. After losing my job due to the layoff, though the emotional rollercoaster has not been fun from being mad to sad to relief when I was at Chipotle because I was in a desperate need of a little self-care and stepped away from the world a bit.

I noticed how she was fine with her life, she doesn't have much, and she is taking care of this homeless stray cat which she named Tommy. I have to remind myself that, I still to this day should be grateful for where I am. Even though she stated there's plenty of room at the bottom. I refuse to be at the bottom. But my mindset still has not been the greatest.

There are several mental barriers I am dealing with:
1. The loss of everything that has happened either directly created or indirectly.
2. The confusion of the people who you are not close with that support you the most in your journey and feel your heart up with happiness ie @MJ DeMarco @Fox @Runum @Ravens_Shadow. People across the globe that I don't even know, but yet the positivity they spread is absolutely amazing and can fill your heart up with love/appreciation when you are in darkness. The other side of this which also really disappoints me is that you can't get any positive feedback like this from your circle at all. It's just sad to see.

Another note, is that even my own close family and friends don't understand. Which, I think I will understand when I reach this point as what MJ says. I think this is a possible lesson that I am being tested to learn. Is that money provides a sense of security? When you have consumed so much, taken less action, and have not produced enough. You take on so much parasitic debt. I am no one special at all, everyone has parasitic debt. I know that there might be people in the world who are in a much worse situation than me, this I know. Thus, gratitude is what I need to infuse more into my life.

When you almost have to file for bankruptcy, I think somewhere it kills your self-esteem. How will I live? How can I support myself? If I can't even support myself, what makes me think I could support a family? You then go down a spiral that is not healthy. Over time you then become afraid of money because of how you missed in the past and now you're paying the price. Your brain or mental state becomes really bad. You get frustrated, angry, and mad for when every creditor calls you and all you want is for it to stop.

Money to me, at the time of this writing, provides me with a sense of security. A sense of security just knowing that I won't have to be living paycheck to paycheck. That I will be safe from the outside world taking away things that we all need to have in order to live. The basic necessities. Your house, your car, food, and water. I am money-driven, not for the sake of money, but for the sense of safety it provides due to past experiences and just how our world works. After doing the sidewalk lane for almost about 8 years, you would think that you just might know how the world works. But in reality, I don't. Because after all the work you do, and just seeing where you are at. I would probably still be at a job for 40+ years in the same apartment and same car for years on repeat. So sometimes you have to question, is this all their is to life? This life scenario is what has been taught for most generations. There's a saying that states something about dying at 25, but not until 75 I forget.

Not sure if my post will help you in anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is like someone told me yesterday that inspires me. Anything is possible. So dream. I guess maybe, I was giving you a perspective on what it feels like being at the bottom at this moment.

1691163567210.png

Last edited:

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
In this case, I feel that I don't have too many experiences in my life. Including good and bad ones...

I never felt (or I just don't remember) abundance in my life.

I understand all the points that you are pointing out, but the real problem is that I don't see it for myself.
It sounds to me, like your life is too consistent. I understand that you probably have a job and so you do the same thing at work all the time and this is fine. But it sounds to me that when you are not working, you spend your time likely doing the same sorts of things. So you spend most of your free time say, on social media, or playing football or watching movies or something, but it is often the same thing.

If you do this, then life will become a bit "grey" (gray). You can start to feel like there are no good things to go and do, because they aren't the sort of things that you do. Likewise if you don't have a lot of suffering in your life, then you feel that these things happen to other people but not yourself. So life gains a kind of monotony.

This monotony can be thought of as comfort. You should try to do different things in your non-working time to what you usually do. Try to spend some more time outside of your comfort zone. This should expand your horizons and put more contrast in your life. Once you start to see a big difference between the good and the bad events then you can easily develop a preference for one over the other.

Travelling to SE Asia is likely a good thing to do, but I suggest that you find things to do at the weekend so that you can start adding colour (color) to your life prior to your trip (asap). Also, make sure that you plan to do lots of different things when you travel, otherwise you will fall into a habitual pattern of doing the same sorts of things that you do at home when you are travelling.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
1691163567210.png
Zackery,
Is this your Lambo?
If not, how much will it cost you and when do you reckon that you will get it?

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Zackery,
Is this your Lambo?
If not, how much will it cost you and when do you reckon that you will get it?
No not yet, it will be awhile nothing anytime soon. A long time, for now I'll focus on the three steps in front of me. This is a picture for my vision board. It is a tall order a challenge that scares to which I don't know If I'll reach.

They go for about $230,000 to buy, not including the maintenance costs last time I checked last night.

I want to earn it and work hard for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.