The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from CT (and soon to be TX)

BJBossman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 14, 2014
Greeting everyone from CT

My name is BJ. By day I'm an attorney, by night I'm an aspiring real estate investor. But that doesn't seem to give enough information.

I was a baseball player my whole life, including playing in college. I blew out my knee my senior year and started a new sports agency with a contact I had met through my summer internships (also with a baseball team). We actually were the fastest agency ever to a first rounder (our first full year of existence) but the lack of funds for "extras" caused some serious poaching problems with clients (for example: we lost one first rounder because we couldn't get him World Series tickets). This is what I was doing my first 2.5 years while going to law school at night. After we grew tired of the disloyalty of that field I actually worked in an incubator doing venture consulting for CT startups. I loved it and working so closely on a project like helping businesses get off the ground really gave me my own taste of entrepreneurship. I had attempted with a HS friend to start a video game company in college but we were just way over our heads and couldn't really make a worthwhile project or get the funding to really do it right, but that was just a start.

I had also tried network marketing simply because of the logistics, low overhead and startup costs, pretty simple concepts but found that really wasn't for me and the incredibly shady people working there were going to cause nothing but problems (which they did...but I digress...).

I know it's cliche but I really got into REI after reading Robby K's Rich Dad Poor Dad. However I also helped my aunt with her one investment property and I know my long term goal is to have a lot of those and create that passive income. However, I know I"m a looooong way away from there and am looking forward to the journey...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome to the fastlane. What part of Texas are you moving to?

BJBossman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 14, 2014
Right looking around Dallas. The agency used to be based in Houston but Dallas/FT is our new target place.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Cool. PM me when you get here and we can meet up for a drink or two. I'm an REI guy myself.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
DFW area

BJBossman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 14, 2014
Awesome man. I'll definitely do that once the move occurs.

Would love to connect with a fellow REI guy.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I'm in rental properties. Been at it for about 8 years. Looking at liquidating and moving into other areas.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Greeting everyone from CT

My name is BJ. By day I'm an attorney, by night I'm an aspiring real estate investor. But that doesn't seem to give enough information.

I was a baseball player my whole life, including playing in college. I blew out my knee my senior year and started a new sports agency with a contact I had met through my summer internships (also with a baseball team). We actually were the fastest agency ever to a first rounder (our first full year of existence) but the lack of funds for "extras" caused some serious poaching problems with clients (for example: we lost one first rounder because we couldn't get him World Series tickets). This is what I was doing my first 2.5 years while going to law school at night. After we grew tired of the disloyalty of that field I actually worked in an incubator doing venture consulting for CT startups. I loved it and working so closely on a project like helping businesses get off the ground really gave me my own taste of entrepreneurship. I had attempted with a HS friend to start a video game company in college but we were just way over our heads and couldn't really make a worthwhile project or get the funding to really do it right, but that was just a start.

I had also tried network marketing simply because of the logistics, low overhead and startup costs, pretty simple concepts but found that really wasn't for me and the incredibly shady people working there were going to cause nothing but problems (which they did...but I digress...).

I know it's cliche but I really got into REI after reading Robby K's Rich Dad Poor Dad. However I also helped my aunt with her one investment property and I know my long term goal is to have a lot of those and create that passive income. However, I know I"m a looooong way away from there and am looking forward to the journey...

Where in TX are you movin' to?

Edit: Nevermind.

When you get here PM me and you can join the secret Texas Skype group. ;)

Welcome!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...