The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has anyone on this forum become a millionaire from reading TMF?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm curious about this aswell.

Are there any fastlane success stories(made millions) that started their journey reading the book who're still around?
Yes there are. They are just not coming forward to say this.

I have been on this forum since the beginning and have watched many people hit success level. Some of them are still here, some post infrequently, some don't post at all anymore. Most of them are still in contact with each other.

I had already seen success prior to coming here. The message resonates though and a decent number of friendships have developed.

The majority of readers still have trouble with certain parts of moving forward.

It takes more than knowledge.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Yes there are. They are just not coming forward to say this.

I have been on this forum since the beginning and have watched many people hit success level. Some of them are still here, some post infrequently, some don't post at all anymore. Most of them are still in contact with each other.

I had already seen success prior to coming here. The message resonates though and a decent number of friendships have developed.

The majority of readers still have trouble with certain parts of moving forward.

It takes more than knowledge.
Absolutely, it takes more than knowledge. Thanks for explaining to me.

Since you've been here a really long time you've seen alot, so I hope you don't mind me asking.

Everyone's situation is different but in your opinion, what is the difference between the successes on this site and those who don't see much result after many years? Is it simply about the level of action or is there something else?

Oh and, what do you mean when you say most readers have trouble moving forward?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Most of them are still in contact with each other.

This is an interesting and unexpected blessing that has come from achieving financial success during the window of participation in the forum and meetups. There's a hidden subculture that develops amongst super achievers that emanates from here and then goes off line into the real world.

I could name off to you a dozen or more people that I could call this morning from the forum (or message, more aptly) that would be in my own immediate circle, all of whom came from here and all of whom would fit that description.

I'd list them for you, but you might as well look at the top rep bank and you can see the list for yourself. It is interesting how value here correlates to value offline.

It's not an exclusive club. You can join it in 2017.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
By the way, nobody in the world has become a Millionaire from "reading" the Millionaire Fast Lane, or any other book.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Yes... I can confirm just reading the book makes you a millionare... Once i finished the last page on the fastlane millionaire I ran over to my bank account and yup there it was!

$1,329,000.00 IN MY BANK ACCOUNT!!! ITS TRUE!!!

Joking, aside.. I'm still new to the entrepreneur game but the book definitely is starting to help me open up and analyze other things and where I can improve myself. I don't picture myself becoming a millionaire in a year, but I hope to achieve that before 5. However, what's more important to me is to actually match my lifestyle which will make me contempt, that's one of the biggest take aways of the book IMO.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I have more in my banks account now compared to when I was making a quarter million a year as a petroleum engineer.
And I have everyday to do as a please instead of 4 days a month.
So the book increased my saving ability x10+ plus my freedom 10x+.
That is directly from reading (and doing the action of course) the content in the book.

Pretty sure the million is coming soon too but its more fun to talk about stuff after it happens ;)

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I really got into it in 2016 after owning the book since like 14 but never finishing it.

My side business only earned a few thousand dollars in 2016. I'm disappointed.

On the other hand, there is stuff coming down the tube that has the potential to make 2017 a six figure year for the business. The seeds for that were planted in 2016. It's because MJ converted me to committing to process and value instead of money.

I had the book for 2 years and accomplished nothing. I committed to process for 6 months and... we'll see :rockon:

Unfettered

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Dec 25, 2014
I couldn't agree more! One of my past b2b businesses showed me how badly run some local businesses can be. Some of these local businesses didn't even market, they just expected people to come in! And the business owners would just stand there in their shops waiting for someone to walk in, it was so sad to witness.

Used to work for such a business, a small outdoors equipment store, with stuff like tents, knives, sleeping bags etc.

There were times where there was not a single customer came in 3 days. It felt like solitary confinement, at times.

The owner had the nerve to give me shit over it, saying that sales had dropped since last year, as if it were my fault I was not doing cartwheels in front of the shop and internet presence, without any extra pay. I could've done it, but it wasn't in my contract.

Not to mention a bigger competitor had opened in the same town that year.

He only started doing advertising when the business was already red-lining and the shop closed up about a month later.

In hindsight I could've leveraged my superior common sense for a better position or some equity, but it was my first job ever, so it didn't even cross my mind at the time.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Absolutely, it takes more than knowledge. Thanks for explaining to me.

Since you've been here a really long time you've seen alot, so I hope you don't mind me asking.

Everyone's situation is different but in your opinion, what is the difference between the successes on this site and those who don't see much result after many years? Is it simply about the level of action or is there something else?

Oh and, what do you mean when you say most readers have trouble moving forward?
Can this be answered without sounding condescending or offensive?

Actually though, the answers are ALL OVER the forum.

All of the steps are outlined on here in multiple formats. It is not difficult to decipher.

There are many reasons but the key reason that I see is that "drive" is lacking. Also hampering is fear and self-doubt.

"Some gotta win some gotta lose" Danny O'Keefe "Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues"

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Can this be answered without sounding condescending or offensive?

Actually though, the answers are ALL OVER the forum.

All of the steps are outlined on here in multiple formats. It is not difficult to decipher.

There are many reasons but the key reason that I see is that "drive" is lacking. Also hampering is fear and self-doubt.

"Some gotta win some gotta lose" Danny O'Keefe "Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues"
Sorry if I asked stupid questions.

I'll make sure to go through the site, thanks for your answer.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Sorry if I asked stupid questions.

I'll make sure to go through the site, thanks for your answer.
Nothing wrong with the questions and they are not stupid.

My answer was not aimed at you either. The question was why some succeed while others don't. My answer was that the information is there so that is NOT the reason.

One thing to keep in mind is that success does not happen overnight. It is a process that frequently feels like it is going nowhere. This is why drive is so important.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Nothing wrong with the questions and they are not stupid.

My answer was not aimed at you either. The question was why some succeed while others don't. My answer was that the information is there so that is NOT the reason.

One thing to keep in mind is that success does not happen overnight. It is a process that frequently feels like it is going nowhere. This is why drive is so important.
I see, a process that frequently feels like it is going nowhere, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Some give up not knowing how close they were to having a breakthrough. I was that person right before I joined this forum

It's hard to know the difference between quitting something because you gave up or quitting something because there really was no point in continuing.

That's why you have to believe in what you're doing or you won't be able to go the extra mile.

You don't know whether you've made the right decision or not.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
By the way, nobody in the world has become a Millionaire from "reading" the Millionaire Fast Lane, or any other book.
Exactly.

Reading and learning is good 'n' all, but the market doesn't pay for how many books you've read.

The market doesn't pay for how much you know.

It doesn't even pay for activity.

The market just pays for results.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Some give up not knowing how close they were to having a breakthrough. I was that person right before I joined this forum

It's hard to know the difference between quitting something because you gave up or quitting something because there really was no point in continuing.

That's why you have to believe in what you're doing or you won't be able to go the extra mile.

You don't know whether you've made the right decision or not.

There should be a process that you develop that will tell you. You have an idea that you believe will work. Your process should define all the criteria you will look at or test. It should include check points for evaluation. You evaluate at each check point and decide to move forward or not.

This process will change as you gain experience.

You will never know exactly. Keep emotion out of the decision making. It will help immensely if you can eliminate the fear.

Keep plugging away.

strobe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
I have read hundreds of books on self help. This is the only one I have kept and take it with my traveling. While I am nowhere near a millionaire I look forward to being a testimonial for him and his books when the time comes.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
One terrific thing about the book is that it helps you rule out ideas that are unlikely to make you a millionaire. Sometimes, I think that's half the battle. Let's say you're smart and ambitious and willing to work hard. If you're working on the wrong things, you might be wasting your time. But when you turn that energy to a Fastlane venture, your odds of success skyrocket.

(Now, if I'd only read the book before that unfortunate coffee-shop venture...)

You'd think, but I still see *loads* of people on here launching businesses that are intimately tied to their time or individual talents, location dependent, or unlikely to scale. They're playing the game on hard mode. Why?

The Chinese restaurant near me (one of about 20 within a 15-minute drive), the same three guys and two girls work there ELEVEN HOURS A DAY, SEVEN DAYS A WEEK. There is rarely anyone in there. They look incredibly tired each time I go in there. I walk past there late at night in the summer when I'm jogging: They all pile in a 90's Mercury minivan with severe rust damage and a broken side window when they leave. That's what it looks like when you violate CENTS.

This whole idea that CENTS needs to be an initial requirement to start a business, as opposed to a vision for what a business should eventually become, is severely misguided in my opinion. It ends up being more of an excuse and keeps people from taking action.

That Chinese restaurant example you gave is because of the mindset of the entrepreneur/s running it, not because of the business model. There's this other little coffee shop I know about in Seattle, how did it eventually turn into Starbucks while other little coffee shops stayed little?

How did that little barbecue restaurant in San Bernardino turn into McDonald's while other little restaurants stayed mom and pop?

How did that little distributor/affiliate for some Japanese brand shoes eventually become Nike?

Instead of people looking for the new flavor-of-the-week magic-button business, I'm a strong believer that the right entrepreneur can take pretty much any business model out there, as slowlane as it may be at first, and knock some CENTS into it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This whole idea that CENTS needs to be an initial requirement to start a business, as opposed to a vision for what a business should eventually become, is severely misguided in my opinion. It ends up being more of an excuse and keeps people from taking action.

That Chinese restaurant example you gave is because of the mindset of the entrepreneur/s running it, not because of the business model. There's this other little coffee shop I know about in Seattle, how did it eventually turn into Starbucks while other little coffee shops stayed little?

How did that little barbecue restaurant in San Bernardino turn into McDonald's while other little restaurants stayed mom and pop?

How did that little distributor/affiliate for some Japanese brand shoes eventually become Nike?

Instead of people looking for the new flavor-of-the-week magic-button business, I'm a strong believer that the right entrepreneur can take pretty much any business model out there, as slowlane as it may be at first, and knock some CENTS into it.
MJ said the same too here:

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.

This thread just got bumped at a very relevant time:

GOLD - Is This Fastlane? (Uh, no, it isn't.)

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
**Please move thread if in wrong place or lock thread and post a link to a duplicate question with answers if the question has already been asked, sorry if it is!**

I'm curious as to how many millionaires have been made as a result of reading TMF and applying all its principles. It's probably a silly question because every time I'm online I see a new progress/update thread about a member of this forum who is sharing a story of how well he/she is doing. I only ask because I've recently began to really study TMF and it makes a lot of sense to me and I said the same thing about Rich Dad Poor Dad, The Richest Man in Babylon and Think And Grow Rich.

Fortunately there is an online community based around TMF and I get to communicate with readers of this book through it at no cost, I'm not putting it to waste.

P.S. Please understand I'm not implying anything by my question. It means exactly what it says. I'm already seeing positive impact being made in my life as a result of the 192 pages I've read so far (I got the book a few days ago).

As always, thank you all!
You sound like making that first strutting money is the end of the game. No. It's just a tiny step in the process. I know a lot of people who have made that first million, had a stupid ego moment, and lost all it -- plus some immediately. The real trick is to make your nest egg, invest it wisely and keep it growing -- without shooting yourself in the foot through committing self-defeating behaviors.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I read Moby Dick the other day. Next thing you know I'm out hunting enormous whales for revenge.

One time, I read a Jules Verne book. So I built a rocketship to the moon.

Crazy what people tend to do from reading books

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.