• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

Has anyone on this forum become a millionaire from reading TMF?

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by GatsbyMag, Dec 23, 2016.

1. GatsbyMag

GatsbyMag Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,092
    **Please move thread if in wrong place or lock thread and post a link to a duplicate question with answers if the question has already been asked, sorry if it is!**

I'm curious as to how many millionaires have been made as a result of reading TMF and applying all its principles. It's probably a silly question because every time I'm online I see a new progress/update thread about a member of this forum who is sharing a story of how well he/she is doing. I only ask because I've recently began to really study TMF and it makes a lot of sense to me and I said the same thing about Rich Dad Poor Dad, The Richest Man in Babylon and Think And Grow Rich.

Fortunately there is an online community based around TMF and I get to communicate with readers of this book through it at no cost, I'm not putting it to waste.

P.S. Please understand I'm not implying anything by my question. It means exactly what it says. I'm already seeing positive impact being made in my life as a result of the 192 pages I've read so far (I got the book a few days ago).

As always, thank you all!

LauraCort, totallybroke, kpub and 2 others like this.
  2. Phones

Phones Break your boundaries Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $5,537
    No one *becomes* a millionaire from reading TMF.

Now, has TMF inspired people who, by their own efforts and resilience, later became millionaires? Yes, definitely.

And many more who even tho may not be millionaires, have been able to *acquire* their own freedom and achieve successes they never though possible. Myself included there. Stick around for a while, finish the book, you will see them.

Shashwat, Ernman, GenPro and 24 others like this.
  3. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,273
    Plenty of people here have become millionaires after the time they signed up on the forum... But was it because they read the book? No. Did the book help tune their mind and was a factor in their success? Possibly.

I'm not really sure what it matters, because success is created everyday, and it is not because of any one single thing. It's because people take control of their lives, dig deep, provide massive value to other people's lives, and become focused on their growth and contribution.

Stick around, read a bunch, and make moves every day that put you closer to your goals. You will get there as well.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Shashwat, 404profound, Mr.C and 19 others like this.
  4. GatsbyMag

Rep Bank:
    $1,092
    I just realized that I'm focusing on the event of reading a book and then becoming a millionaire. Gosh dammit, I should keep off this forums for awhile haha. But I only ask to get a testimonial of how effective the principles are along the journey from an actual millionaire that has read the book, if that makes sense.

JCL likes this.
  5. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $79,271
    For me it's not the book as much as it's the forum members. Many are priceless.

Xeon, WebMedic, totallybroke and 15 others like this.
  6. Jon L

Jon L Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,616
    don't stay off the forum. Post honest questions like this. You'll learn much more quickly that way.

7. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,273
    And @jon.a is our most priceless of all!

8. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $39,458
    I crossed the million mark post reading TMF.

Mostly it helped me see weakness in my strategies. After applying that mindset I quit hemoragging cash like the titanic taking on water lol.

9. jesseissorude

jesseissorude Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,480
    No worries!

To answer the question in the spirit it was asked: I think MJ will be the first to say that reading that book won't make you a millionaire. It's a combination of a lot of things, and adopting the mindset put forward in the book is just one piece of the puzzle.

Have people become millionaires without the book? Absolutely. Have people become millionaires after reading the book? Also absolutely.

It's one extremely small piece of the puzzle... plus it's such a fast read there's no downside :)

10. liljmoneyswag

liljmoneyswag Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $227
    Has reading TMF made anyone a millionaire? Possibly

Did reading TMF give anyone financial freedom and the confidence to start a viable business? No doubt

11. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $396,594
    Admin Post
    Here's another question you should ponder...

If I gave you a treasure map which identified a hard-to-reach location of a treasure halfway around the world, would READING the map over-and-over make you a millionaire?

12. RHL

RHL The coaching was a joke guys. Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $72,928
    More like, if MJ handed out a blueprint for a tested, proven machine that could turn rocks into gold, but the parts that went into the device were expensive and rare, so you'd have to check hundreds of hardware and scientific supply stores and watch eBay 24/7, and the construction time for the device would take 3-7 years, would you put in the money and effort to build it?

Or just sit around at night, browsing rich people's Snapchat stories and dreaming about how nice your life would be if you actually took the time to build that machine, which you could totally build anytime you want, it's just, tonight, HBO is having a marathon of your favorite show, and it's almost Christmas, so better to start in the new year, you know, when your schedule is clear.

Xeon, Lightning Tiger, NMdad and 29 others like this.
  13. ChickenHawk

ChickenHawk Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $33,353
    One terrific thing about the book is that it helps you rule out ideas that are unlikely to make you a millionaire. Sometimes, I think that's half the battle. Let's say you're smart and ambitious and willing to work hard. If you're working on the wrong things, you might be wasting your time. But when you turn that energy to a Fastlane venture, your odds of success skyrocket.

(Now, if I'd only read the book before that unfortunate coffee-shop venture...)

Cardel, Xeon, Ernman and 17 others like this.
  14. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $39,458
    I bought into someone else's already built machine. I get to keep a lot of the gold it makes, but in exchange he gets to tell me how often I can run it, how to run it, and that I am not allowed to hire someone to run it for me. He's too old and tired to improve this machine, or to even replace parts that are missing and broken. So it steadily makes less and less gold, until one day it won't make any gold at all.

I've built other machines myself, but I keep ignoring the instructions, using the wrong parts, and get silver instead of gold. So I hire others to run my silver machines while I continue to work on building a gold making machine, this time using the right parts.

I really like this analogy.

15. RHL

RHL The coaching was a joke guys. Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $72,928
    You'd think, but I still see *loads* of people on here launching businesses that are intimately tied to their time or individual talents, location dependent, or unlikely to scale. They're playing the game on hard mode. Why?

Xeon, totallybroke, kpub and 8 others like this.
  16. Waspy

Waspy Float like a butterfly Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,682
    I suppose for most it's better to play on hard mode than not to play at all.

Told to start a business, but can't find one which makes CENTS, so start one that doesn't.

Large group of people who are happy to launch a business out of pure desperation and hatred for the 9-5 grind

KLaw, OldFaithful and Kingmaker like this.
  17. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $28,618
    is it ok if I dabble, dip my toes, test the waters, see how it goes, give it the ol' college try?

:D

Nily, Vigilante, LightHouse and 3 others like this.
  18. Ayanle Farah

Ayanle Farah Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,271
    I'm curious about this aswell.

Are there any fastlane success stories(made millions) that started their journey reading the book who're still around?

19. thinkandgrowrich

thinkandgrowrich Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,924
    Here's something I realized, I want everybody to correct me if I'm wrong.

If you had a step-by-step plan of becoming a millionaire, guaranteed to give you results, and it was offered to the public, 75% of people would ignore it, 20% of people would buy into it but take no action or give up after a couple tries, and 5% of people would actually follow through and thus become millionaires.

This is just some stupid theory I made up but yeah lol

20. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 I’m probably awake. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,851
    @IceCreamKid (my hero) :notworthy:

21. RHL

Rep Bank:
    $72,928
    Usually not, actually. I hate to be so down about this, but lots of small business owners end up making functionally the same take-home pay as an employee ($100,000 or less), and there are waaaaay more headaches. Your boss won't call you in at 3AM to assess the damage from a burst pipe and contact a plumber. Your boss won't dock your pay if your inventory has shipping problems. You won't be in charge of advertising and R&D and shipping and customer service if you're employed by a company. If your employer gets sued, you won't lose your house. Working a soul-sucking job is bad. But, I'd argue, starting a non-CENTS business with very limited potential (most businesses) is even worse. Yes, following orders sucks. Having your day scheduled sucks. But it's life on easy mode, even if the rewards are low.

The Chinese restaurant near me (one of about 20 within a 15-minute drive), the same three guys and two girls work there ELEVEN HOURS A DAY, SEVEN DAYS A WEEK. There is rarely anyone in there. They look incredibly tired each time I go in there. I walk past there late at night in the summer when I'm jogging: They all pile in a 90's Mercury minivan with severe rust damage and a broken side window when they leave. That's what it looks like when you violate CENTS.

If you have no degree or a useless undergraduate degree, then it might make sense, because it'll be hard for you to find a job that pays more than 35,000/yr in most areas. But if you have any sort of valuable professional degree (CS, engineering, nursing, etc.) or a skilled trade, I absolutely would not give that up for a non-CENTS business.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Hijena1, Xeon, NMdad and 19 others like this.
  22. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $182,326
    Very optimistic...

23. GatsbyMag

Rep Bank:
    $1,092
    I couldn't agree more! One of my past b2b businesses showed me how badly run some local businesses can be. Some of these local businesses didn't even market, they just expected people to come in! And the business owners would just stand there in their shops waiting for someone to walk in, it was so sad to witness.

Kingmaker, LifeTransformer and Chimp like this.
  24. bringitnow28329

bringitnow28329 Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $840
    If you need to ask on a forum if anyone's a millionaire then you are looking at things wrong. Reading a book will not make someone a millionaire. Forget using this as a gauge altogether. A million dollars isn't even that much anymore but that's besides the point. Set a goal that's realistic and work towards it. Then increase that goal and keep doing this. That's all that matters. Fancy cars, and all this other bs is pointless and counter productive to think about. The fast lane book has the principles to make you think outside the norm, that's it. You don't get wealthy in a 9-5 but you also don't get wealthy reading a forum unless you take action and utilize your skills to put a spin on providing something of value to the market place.

25. Waspy

Waspy Float like a butterfly Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,682
    I full agree. To be clear, I was putting forward what I imagine their mindset to be, not defending it.

The grass is always greener. Until you jump the fence and realise it's a swamp

Kingmaker and Chimp like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.