The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Growing an educational business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hello.

So I have been meaning to start this thread for a while but have avoided it.

The main reasons were:
1. I sponsor the forum with an offer that ties to this, so I didn't want any conflict of interest
2. Sometimes running a "course" business can be misunderstood, so I have not shared that much
3. I am a little embarrassed not to have grown this business more over the last few years

But things are at a stage where I could really do with help and feedback from the forum.
And hopefully, there is some value in this thread for others also.

So quick history:
- Have run a web design business school for a few years
- The combined total sales have been around 1.4-1.5m
- There are some running costs (quite low, though), and I usually have had a team of 2-3 people during this time (I try to pay well)
- Sales come from Youtube (28k), a free FB group (11k), an email list (13k), the sponsorship of the forum, and some YT ads. Plus, @MTF helped me publish a great free book that helped share the school.

Current situation:
- I would really like to expand this business into where I feel I can offer the most value: helping people start profitable freelance businesses, find clients, learn real business skills, and get going.
- If done right, I feel this could be a solid 2-3m a year business with good margins and a lot of happy customers
- It is estimated by 2028, 50% of the American workforce alone will be freelancers; many can't sell or find clients consistently
- (Link to some stats: Gig economy: number of freelancers in the U.S. 2017-2028 | Statista )

So it feels there is a solid need here, a large market that will be looking for help, and a specific way to offer a lot of value.

Current challenges:
- During Covid, I pulled back a little to focus on just helping my current students and spending time with my now wife
- I had burned out on Youtube content and just did not want to make any videos for quite a while
- This meant I dropped off massively on nee YT growth and my audience growth stalled
- Which, in turn, means I now have to restart making YT content and also get out there on new platforms

On top of this, I would like to remake my core program one more time and then also get into making new products and services. I see a lot of ways to add more value - the main limit right now is using the time and energy of our small team (including me) in the best way possible.

By kicking off this thread, I hope to hold myself accountable for making progress and also sharing the lessons I am learning. Plus to do big things and use the potential that is there to build a great business. While I am proud of the results within the school, I do feel the business could be run better and that I should have done a lot more so far to be way ahead of where I am at.

A side lesson here is to set bigger goals and not take your foot off the gas when you have some momentum.

So that is it for the background context (unless people have questions); from now on, I will focus on the action being taken.

Right now, I am working on getting back to Youtube and in growing on Twitter and Instagram, so I will share more on that soon. The goal between now and the end of the year is to get consistent with content, write a new book, and be in good shape business-wise for 2023.

So the next updates will be on those.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BRIANDAVE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Nov 5, 2020
Hello.

So I have been meaning to start this thread for a while but have avoided it.

The main reasons were:
1. I sponsor the forum with an offer that ties to this, so I didn't want any conflict of interest
2. Sometimes running a "course" business can be misunderstood, so I have not shared that much
3. I am a little embarrassed not to have grown this business more over the last few years

But things are at a stage where I could really do with help and feedback from the forum.
And hopefully, there is some value in this thread for others also.

So quick history:
- Have run a web design business school for a few years
- The combined total sales have been around 1.4-1.5m
- There are some running costs (quite low, though), and I usually have had a team of 2-3 people during this time (I try to pay well)
- Sales come from Youtube (28k), a free FB group (11k), an email list (13k), the sponsorship of the forum, and some YT ads. Plus, @MTF helped me publish a great free book that helped share the school.

Current situation:
- I would really like to expand this business into where I feel I can offer the most value: helping people start profitable freelance businesses, find clients, learn real business skills, and get going.
- If done right, I feel this could be a solid 2-3m a year business with good margins and a lot of happy customers
- It is estimated by 2028, 50% of the American workforce alone will be freelancers; many can't sell or find clients consistently
- (Link to some stats: Gig economy: number of freelancers in the U.S. 2017-2028 | Statista )

So it feels there is a solid need here, a large market that will be looking for help, and a specific way to offer a lot of value.

Current challenges:
- During Covid, I pulled back a little to focus on just helping my current students and spending time with my now wife
- I had burned out on Youtube content and just did not want to make any videos for quite a while
- This meant I dropped off massively on nee YT growth and my audience growth stalled
- Which, in turn, means I now have to restart making YT content and also get out there on new platforms

On top of this, I would like to remake my core program one more time and then also get into making new products and services. I see a lot of ways to add more value - the main limit right now is using the time and energy of our small team (including me) in the best way possible.

By kicking off this thread, I hope to hold myself accountable for making progress and also sharing the lessons I am learning. Plus to do big things and use the potential that is there to build a great business. While I am proud of the results within the school, I do feel the business could be run better and that I should have done a lot more so far to be way ahead of where I am at.

A side lesson here is to set bigger goals and not take your foot off the gas when you have some momentum.

So that is it for the background context (unless people have questions); from now on, I will focus on the action being taken.

Right now, I am working on getting back to Youtube and in growing on Twitter and Instagram, so I will share more on that soon. The goal between now and the end of the year is to get consistent with content, write a new book, and be in good shape business-wise for 2023.

So the next updates will be on those.
Glad you're back on it @Fox , to be honest I had wondered why you stopped making youtube videos, felt like you were leaving a lot on the table.

I'm confident you'll blow up in a few months contentwise, you're audience growth on twitter has been crazy!

Goodluck to you!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Sounds awesome! Good luck!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Glad you're back on it @Fox , to be honest I had wondered why you stopped making youtube videos, felt like you were leaving a lot on the table.

I'm confident you'll blow up in a few months contentwise, you're audience growth on twitter has been crazy!

Goodluck to you!

Thanks.

And ya just ran out of steam and burned out. If I kept going probably would have been at 50-100k subs now.

And that is funny you say that about Twitter - it feels very slow so far, so I'm surprised to hear that is fast.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Following. Well done on your progress to date.

Agreed on the world going freelancing, and the biggest problem people want to overcome is getting clients. I get asked about how I get clients way more often than I do about how to run Google Ads for instance.

What comes easy to you Rob?

It seems doing your weekly calls and getting guests on calls is something you do regularly and maybe even find easy?

Can sections of those calls be released on YouTube and other platforms? Not just as sub 60s shorts on all platforms, but also as 5-10 minute videos and podcasts.

Do you have a podcast actually?

Maybe people pay for the community, support, organised lessons, and whole recordings?

Oh, and I understand your unease talking about building an education business. For some reason teaching a man to fish can get a bit of flak in here. Be proud that you're helping people get the confidence and skills to keep a roof over their head.

I've a question for you. I keep bouncing between DFY work and courses/teaching people. I feel I'm doing both badly because I'm split between them. Did it make a big difference putting one first for you? Do you think you'd be able to do both?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Okay, so a little post here on Platforms and reach.

My goal coming back is to focus on 3 main platforms: Youtube, Instagram (reels), and Twitter.

The challenge is getting the maximum ROI for time spent and the best chance of getting in front of suitable people.

Where it is easy to go wrong is in:

1. Making content that goes viral but that doesn't engage the right people. To show examples of this for web design:

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 18.25.19.png
So a video about hiring a freelancer off Fiverr to build a website for $100. This might get a lot of views, but it is very unlikely anyone watching actually cares about joining a school for help with starting web design.

So this is just views for view's sake; looks cool but has super low viewer interest.

2. Great content, but that is not very searchable/clickable. This is when you have a very solid video "in theory" but it doesn't get picked up by the platform, and you end up with a low amount of views - also giving you low results.

So the challenge is to make something that can go viral, AND that can also attract the people you think would be interested in what you are offering. And again - this can be tricky!

So to share some results so far, but from twitter, here are 4 viral thread attempts so far...

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 18.36.54.png

^ this had 29k impressions

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 18.38.08.png

^ this had 55k impressions

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 18.39.06.png

^this has 2,800 impressions

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 18.39.43.png

^and his had 500 impressions

So 4 threads with between 500 and 55,000 impressions difference!

I'll need more practice, but the clear lesson here is being sharp on the value/benefit of a thread and being able to stop people and get them to engage. All of these threads took around the same time to make - so it's funny to get a literal 100x difference in results.

I still have a lot to learn on Twitter (just getting going), so I will share more as I get some traction. I am still below 500 followers, so it's early days - I think it will take 6-12 months to start to actually create some sales.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Following. Well done on your progress to date.

Agreed on the world going freelancing, and the biggest problem people want to overcome is getting clients. I get asked about how I get clients way more often than I do about how to run Google Ads for instance.

What comes easy to you Rob?

It seems doing your weekly calls and getting guests on calls is something you do regularly and maybe even find easy?

Can sections of those calls be released on YouTube and other platforms? Not just as sub 60s shorts on all platforms, but also as 5-10 minute videos and podcasts.

Do you have a podcast actually?

Maybe people pay for the community, support, organised lessons, and whole recordings?

Oh, and I understand your unease talking about building an education business. For some reason teaching a man to fish can get a bit of flak in here. Be proud that you're helping people get the confidence and skills to keep a roof over their head.

I've a question for you. I keep bouncing between DFY work and courses/teaching people. I feel I'm doing both badly because I'm split between them. Did it make a big difference putting one first for you? Do you think you'd be able to do both?

Ya, a big goal coming back has been to make the content production side of things as easy as possible. To do this the team is helping out in a lot more areas than before - to help me keep my energy. And also we are outsourcing editing.

"What comes easy to you Rob?" - I think teaching. So the goal is to move me to that area of the business as much as possible and build what is needed to have the rest run separately to me. The last year I have been stuck in with the backend and systems side of things - which I enjoy but it's not where I should be focused.

---

"I keep bouncing between DFY work and courses/teaching people. I feel I'm doing both badly because I'm split between them. Did it make a big difference putting one first for you? Do you think you'd be able to do both?"

The systems for these are going to be very different. Courses, to me, are much more about content and community.
DFY is going to much more about systems and results.

The guys I see well with DFY offers are actually handing out most of their value for free on the front end. They focus on getting highly visible, monetizing the overall traffic just a little, but mostly trying to get the top 1% to hire them at amazing rates.

DFY is an interesting model but much different than mainly running courses/programs - I think you would have to choose one to pull ahead to the next level. I couldn't say which is better though - pros and cons to both.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The guys I see well with DFY offers are actually handing out most of their value for free on the front end. They focus on getting highly visible, monetizing the overall traffic just a little, but mostly trying to get the top 1% to hire them at amazing rates.

DFY is an interesting model but much different than mainly running courses/programs - I think you would have to choose one to pull ahead to the next level. I couldn't say which is better though - pros and cons to both.
Yeah, that's how I see it too. Thanks for confirming.

Btw.. what's worked for me selling courses/memberships/education is to post so much for free that people ask to pay for the shortened version.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Okay, so a little post here on Platforms and reach.

My goal coming back is to focus on 3 main platforms: Youtube, Instagram (reels), and Twitter.

The challenge is getting the maximum ROI for time spent and the best chance of getting in front of suitable people.

Where it is easy to go wrong is in:

1. Making content that goes viral but that doesn't engage the right people. To show examples of this for web design:

View attachment 45575
So a video about hiring a freelancer off Fiverr to build a website for $100. This might get a lot of views, but it is very unlikely anyone watching actually cares about joining a school for help with starting web design.

So this is just views for view's sake; looks cool but has super low viewer interest.

2. Great content, but that is not very searchable/clickable. This is when you have a very solid video "in theory" but it doesn't get picked up by the platform, and you end up with a low amount of views - also giving you low results.

So the challenge is to make something that can go viral, AND that can also attract the people you think would be interested in what you are offering. And again - this can be tricky!

So to share some results so far, but from twitter, here are 4 viral thread attempts so far...

View attachment 45576

^ this had 29k impressions

View attachment 45577

^ this had 55k impressions

View attachment 45578

^this has 2,800 impressions

View attachment 45579

^and his had 500 impressions

So 4 threads with between 500 and 55,000 impressions difference!

I'll need more practice, but the clear lesson here is being sharp on the value/benefit of a thread and being able to stop people and get them to engage. All of these threads took around the same time to make - so it's funny to get a literal 100x difference in results.

I still have a lot to learn on Twitter (just getting going), so I will share more as I get some traction. I am still below 500 followers, so it's early days - I think it will take 6-12 months to start to actually create some sales.
Who are you learning from? I took a few Twitter courses and found I was starting to write too formulaic. The character constraint is helpful though. I swear it's helped me script short videos.

Justin Welsh has a good course on LinkedIn writing and his weekly emails are great. Are you going to post your threads on LinkedIn too? It strikes me there's a lot of people on LinkedIn who are employees, have skills, and would love to start freelancing.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
So I have started into the world of reels ha...

View attachment Rob's Don't charge too low.mp4

So far they seem to be doing well. It's only been two days and...

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 08.20.56.png

Twitter ^

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 08.15.38.png

^Instagram

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 08.16.10.png
^Youtube

So like 400 - 1,600 views each and quite a solid response. Not bad!

The cool thing about these is they are 10 times easier and more fun to make than a full length YT video too.
It will be interesting to see how these go over a few months, my plan is to do one daily.

Also, will have to look into getting these on Tik Tok and Linkedin - might as well go all out with the repurposing ha.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Who are you learning from? I took a few Twitter courses and found I was starting to write too formulaic. The character constraint is helpful though. I swear it's helped me script short videos.

Justin Welsh has a good course on LinkedIn writing and his weekly emails are great. Are you going to post your threads on LinkedIn too? It strikes me there's a lot of people on LinkedIn who are employees, have skills, and would love to start freelancing.

I bought a few PDFs on Twitter but mostly just learning from posting and watching what others are up to.
If anyone sees a good course though, for sure post it up - thanks.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So I have started into the world of reels ha...

View attachment 45651

So far they seem to be doing well. It's only been two days and...

View attachment 45652

Twitter ^

View attachment 45649

^Instagram

View attachment 45650
^Youtube

So like 400 - 1,600 views each and quite a solid response. Not bad!

The cool thing about these is they are 10 times easier and more fun to make than a full length YT video too.
It will be interesting to see how these go over a few months, my plan is to do one daily.

Also, will have to look into getting these on Tik Tok and Linkedin - might as well go all out with the repurposing ha.
Well done! Yeah, shove em on TT and LI too.

10x easier and more fun is good, as is the possibility of making one a day. I need to get back to doing them daily too.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Well done! Yeah, shove em on TT and LI too.

Unless Rob has a US-sourced TikTok account, these videos won't go anywhere because they'll be stupidly distributed to people in Poland first. I can't believe that TikTok still works like that.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Unless Rob has a US-sourced TikTok account, these videos won't go anywhere because they'll be stupidly distributed to people in Poland first. I can't believe that TikTok still works like that.
Yeah, I find it silly too but wouldn't be surprised if they change it later and/or there's workarounds.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Yeah, I find it silly too but wouldn't be surprised if they change it later and/or there's workarounds.

They have to change it because right now there's no level playing field for international users. It's extremely unfair that unless you're based in the US you can't reach this market even if you have a business selling to US customers. It could be as simple as a switch in settings to change your preferred distribution to the US.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
They have to change it because right now there's no level playing field for international users. It's extremely unfair that unless you're based in the US you can't reach this market even if you have a business selling to US customers. It could be as simple as a switch in settings to change your preferred distribution to the US.
I think this was brought up in the short videos thread, with possible workarounds that included using a US SIM.

I wondered if someone in the US could setup an account and then an app like repurpose.io be used to upload from then on.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
So a little update here...

Instagram is going really well so far - about 30 reels in now...

IMG_5014.PNG

Reels just suit my style a lot more - plus I think it is easier to stand out since most people don't want to make talking video content.

I can see IG doing quite well over the next few months, I dont see much difference between what I am making and some accounts over 100k. Just need to give it more time.

---

Twitter though I find a lot trickier.

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 12.28.10.png

So I am 649 tweets and 634 followers - quite the battle ha.

But it is clear there is way - when I read top active pages they have really good content for the most part.
So just got to keep working on my writing skills and dial it in for the platform.

I got a lot of respect for someone who can grow in Twitter - it takes a lot of work and creativity.

---

Youtube is ticking away also...

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 12.30.45.png

I have been uploading the reels here (which do very well) but the longer format content is so-so atm.
I got to dial in some better video ideas and the overall new channel direction too.

---

Actual products etc

The goal for Dec and Jan is to make a new sales book and course.
I already have a great free sales guide which will be released in a few days that took a lot of work.

So no real news here just yet, but the goal was to get the social media growing first and then products next.

That is it for now - Ill update again mid Jan.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
So a little update here...

Instagram is going really well so far - about 30 reels in now...

View attachment 46116

Reels just suit my style a lot more - plus I think it is easier to stand out since most people don't want to make talking video content.

I can see IG doing quite well over the next few months, I dont see much difference between what I am making and some accounts over 100k. Just need to give it more time.

---

Twitter though I find a lot trickier.

View attachment 46117

So I am 649 tweets and 634 followers - quite the battle ha.

But it is clear there is way - when I read top active pages they have really good content for the most part.
So just got to keep working on my writing skills and dial it in for the platform.

I got a lot of respect for someone who can grow in Twitter - it takes a lot of work and creativity.

---

Youtube is ticking away also...

View attachment 46118

I have been uploading the reels here (which do very well) but the longer format content is so-so atm.
I got to dial in some better video ideas and the overall new channel direction too.

---

Actual products etc

The goal for Dec and Jan is to make a new sales book and course.
I already have a great free sales guide which will be released in a few days that took a lot of work.

So no real news here just yet, but the goal was to get the social media growing first and then products next.

That is it for now - Ill update again mid Jan.

Cross post the reels content to TikTok and YouTube Shorts if you're not doing so already. And Twitter might allow for short form videos in the future as well.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Cross post the reels content to TikTok and YouTube Shorts if you're not doing so already. And Twitter might allow for short form videos in the future as well.
I think Twitter already allows short form video. I swear I tested it already.

LinkedIn certainly does.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Update time:

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 06.27.37.png

It is now at 124k - and still hasn't really slowed down.

So within 20 days it grew by over 120,000 people... crazy!

I think half of this is luck, but the other half is I have been putting a lot of work into figuring out how to make good reels. I studied dozens of top people, wrote out other viral reels word for word, and spend quite a bit of time coming up with my own concepts.

Plus my younger brother is a director and has worked on projects for Dyson, Netflix, KFC etc - so I have been trying to remember every single production trick he ever told me.

Along with this we have Paddy Galloway give a talk last year in the Legends group (he is the Youtube strategist for people like Mr Beast) and some of his Youtube advice has also worked on the reels.

The plan now is to focus on community. I want to make a great page that really helps these people and a place they feel they can come back to often for great advice and support.

The book I mentioned earlier in this thread is still on the way. I hope to have it done by the end of next month.

So, still early days but it is cool to see the progress so far.

(Instagram page link: https://www.instagram.com/theroborourke/)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Update time:

View attachment 47352

I think half of this is luck, but the other half is I have been putting a lot of work into figuring out how to make good reels. I studied dozens of top people, wrote out other viral reels word for word, and spend quite a bit of time coming up with my own concepts.

Plus my younger brother is a director and has worked on projects for Dyson, Netflix, KFC etc - so I have been trying to remember every single production trick he ever told me.

Along with this we have Paddy Galloway give a talk last year in the Legends group (he is the Youtube strategist for people like Mr Beast) and some of his Youtube advice has also worked on the reels.

The plan now is to focus on community. I want to make a great page that really helps these people and a place they feel they can come back to often for great advice and support.

The book I mentioned earlier in this thread is still on the way. I hope to have it done by the end of next month.

(Instagram page link: https://www.instagram.com/theroborourke/)
That's incredible Rob. Just goes to show the results that can come from chipping away and intentionally getting better. Well done!

Curious if you're going to post those on TikTok, YouTube Shorts, Facebook Reels (I don't even know what those are!), LinkedIn, etc?

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Update time:

View attachment 47352

(Instagram page link: Rob O'Rourke - Freelancer Advice (@theroborourke) • Instagram photos and videos)
Fantastic results and well deserved from the effort you're investing. I hope it continues and I'm looking forward to future updates.
I love posts like this. They are quite inspirational.

DMass

Breaking Chains One Day At A Time...
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 11, 2021
Damn @Fox

That is mega! Your social media game is strong!

It's one thing that I need to start working on building my social media presence and building those followers and subscribers.

Do you think its a case of the more content the more followers (as long as it isn't crap stuff that gives no value), or do you think there was something specific that helped the jump?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.