The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Growing A Youtube Channel To 100k

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Madara

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 18, 2019
Hi everyone.

I always wanted to give youtube a serious try but never got round to it. I've created a few videos in past, so I feel fairly competent in my video editing skills. However, i think where I struggle the most is being held accountable in pumping out consistent content. Hopefully, that's about to change.

I plan on dedicating the channel to mindset and psychology, and topics surrounding those two areas.

My goal is to create educational/opinion/instructional content on these topics and I'm aiming to pump out two videos a week starting Monday

I have no idea how this will go, but it will be a fun journey, especially documenting each stage of the process. I've set the goal for 100k subs because I might as well shoot for the stars and see where I land ;)

I'll update this thread every month or so to document my progress. This will be an ongoing journey throughout the next few years.

Thanks, everyone. Let's chase those dreams:smile2:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DavidL41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 30, 2021
Hi everyone.

I always wanted to give youtube a serious try but never got round to it. I've created a few videos in past, so I feel fairly competent in my video editing skills. However, i think where I struggle the most is being held accountable in pumping out consistent content. Hopefully, that's about to change.

I plan on dedicating the channel to mindset and psychology, and topics surrounding those two areas.

My goal is to create educational/opinion/instructional content on these topics and I'm aiming to pump out two videos a week starting Monday

I have no idea how this will go, but it will be a fun journey, especially documenting each stage of the process. I've set the goal for 100k subs because I might as well shoot for the stars and see where I land ;)

I'll update this thread every month or so to document my progress. This will be an ongoing journey throughout the next few years.

Good luck!

I do believe it is best in this situation to look at what content creators are trending that is somewhat related to what you are doing. Copy those people's strategy, and be persistent in getting better and better results. If you get traction it could keep snowballing as I believe that is sort of the thing to excel in Youtube. I'd look at catching the wave, rather than trying to start a wave. Viewers are also trying to catch the trends/wave. Once you do a lot of trial and error you can sort of have an idea what works, and what people want out of you.

Madara

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 18, 2019
Good luck!

I do believe it is best in this situation to look at what content creators are trending that is somewhat related to what you are doing. Copy those people's strategy, and be persistent in getting better and better results. If you get traction it could keep snowballing as I believe that is sort of the thing to excel in Youtube. I'd look at catching the wave, rather than trying to start a wave. Viewers are also trying to catch the trends/wave. Once you do a lot of trial and error you can sort of have an idea what works, and what people want out of you.

Thanks for that David. That's a great idea.

I'll incorporate it into my strategy going forward

DavidL41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 30, 2021
Thanks for that David. That's a great idea.

I'll incorporate it into my strategy going forward
Another thought pop into my mind which is the importance of being the trusted source/leader in what your channel is about. For instance, there is a car mechanic on youtube called scotty that has really informative info and entertaining info on car issues, and what cars are good and bad. There is already a big trend of people into cars, love hearing about cars or are simply looking to buy cars. He tapped into those specific demand. He's really knowledgeable as he's a really skilled mechanic. The same with chrisfixit on youtube which has videos about car repair and is sort of like asmr while learning to fix a car. Both people also are sort of providing insight into the mindset of an expert, which I think is the biggest thing a lot of people want out of youtubers. I believe a lot of it is seeing what works for others, what works for you and trying to piecemeal it together till you see something that is promising. With some luck it will grow.

Good luck!

Madara

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 18, 2019
Another thought pop into my mind which is the importance of being the trusted source/leader in what your channel is about. For instance, there is a car mechanic on youtube called scotty that has really informative info and entertaining info on car issues, and what cars are good and bad. There is already a big trend of people into cars, love hearing about cars or are simply looking to buy cars. He tapped into those specific demand. He's really knowledgeable as he's a really skilled mechanic. The same with chrisfixit on youtube which has videos about car repair and is sort of like asmr while learning to fix a car. Both people also are sort of providing insight into the mindset of an expert, which I think is the biggest thing a lot of people want out of youtubers. I believe a lot of it is seeing what works for others, what works for you and trying to piecemeal it together till you see something that is promising. With some luck it will grow.

Good luck!

Thank you my friend. I've noted down all your points and will keep it in mind going forward

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hi everyone.

The hottest demands for content are
-cryptocurrency
-corona virus and vaccines

There is gap between market demand and supply (not enough quality content for the need), especially on corona virus and vaccine.

I have a channel in cryptocurrency on Youtube. Unless you are super confident in your passionate niche, I strongly recommend follow the trend and do what the market wants now.

Don’t worry about not being an expert because for new fields everyone is learning along the way.

Madara

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 18, 2019
The hottest demands for content are
-cryptocurrency
-corona virus and vaccines

There is gap between market demand and supply (not enough quality content for the need), especially on corona virus and VAXCClNE.

I have a channel in cryptocurrency on Youtube. Unless you are super confident in your passionate niche, I strongly recommend follow the trend and do what the market wants now.

Don’t worry about not being an expert because for new fields everyone is learning along the way.
Thanks for the tips kev. How big is your crypto channel? I know alot about crypto but never considered a crypto channel.

Im gonna stay away from the vaccine and covid topics

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Thanks for the tips kev. How big is your crypto channel? I know alot about crypto but never considered a crypto channel.

Im gonna stay away from the VAXCClNE and C0VlD topics
Doing it part time for 4 months it has close to 1.2k sub. I focus on Chinese speaking group niche. Crypto itself has a lot of monetization path with projects and exchanges, so you are not just dependent on ad sense.

The reason I mentioned covid because I see how a medical doctor with zero video editing skill Just sit in front of the screen and grow from scratch to a million sub in a year.

What you do and when you do something is more important than how you do it.

Last edited:

DavidL41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 30, 2021
Doing it part time for 4 months it has close to 1.2k sub. I focus on Chinese speaking group niche. Crypto itself has a lot of monetization path with projects and exchanges, so you are not just dependent on ad sense.

The reason I mentioned C0VlD because I see how a medical doctor with zero video editing skill Just sit in front of the screen and grow from scratch to a million sub in a year.

What you do and when you do something is more important than how you do it.
What is the transitional strategy after covid? Seems like they want to look at what other medical doctors youtube channels are doing, and then just make a transition to be the authority/trusted source on anything medical?

On another note I seen a doctor on youtube that does medical analysis of movie scenes, mma fights, boxing fights, sports, and general medical info. It is interesting to see that most of the strategies people employ, rightfully so is about tapping into the trend/wave, and being the trusted source/authority and entertainment.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
What is the transitional strategy after C0VlD? Seems like they want to look at what other medical doctors youtube channels are doing, and then just make a transition to be the authority/trusted source on anything medical?

On another note I seen a doctor on youtube that does medical analysis of movie scenes, mma fights, boxing fights, sports, and general medical info. It is interesting to see that most of the strategies people employ, rightfully so is about tapping into the trend/wave, and being the trusted source/authority and entertainment.
I dont think a transition is needed right now. You need to develop the ability to read research papers and translate to the average person and on what it means. And Covid is here to stay for at least a few years.

DavidL41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 30, 2021
I dont think a transition is needed right now. You need to develop the ability to read research papers and translate to the average person and on what it means. And C0VlD is here to stay for at least a few years.
of course it's not needed now.. Eventually there needs to be a transition. People will be tired of that content. A transition needs to be made for actual entertainment mixed in with learning a mindset. People want mentorship. If all you are offering is info people will find a more entertaining leader type that gives the same info..

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Hi everyone.

Curious if you read MJs books? YouTube fails a few of the CENTS framework. Or are you just doing this for fun and don’t need to earn any money from it?

And on this thread so far all I see is advice to you from people who have not successfully launched a Youtube channel to 100,000 subscribers.

be careful listening to people who freely give advice yet have no practical experience in your desired field (or worse yet, no experience at all). Ask those who write how they know! I’m calling out @DavidL41 because I’ve seen his other thread.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
of course it's not needed now.. Eventually there needs to be a transition. People will be tired of that content. A transition needs to be made for actual entertainment mixed in with learning a mindset. People want mentorship. If all you are offering is info people will find a more entertaining leader type that gives the same info..
I dont think so. Entertainment is only important when the information itself is not valuable, not a hot need.

If you offer content to teach people the “how” and “what” they are searching for. Entertainment is only a bonus not the core.

It is a high ev bet that covid, vaccine, healthcare knowledge will be highly hot for the next 3 years. That will be plenty time to figure out how to diversify and transit.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.