The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great interview with PatrickP (Mike Plante)

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Many of you will remember PatrickP, who used to be an awesome contributor here on the forum. Even though he is no longer active here, him and I have stayed in close touch - and I recently asked him if I could do an interview of him for my blog. He was more than happy to do so!

Mike is the creator and owner of AI Sports Nutrition – a multi-million dollar company in the bodybuilding and fitness market. He got started with literally $150, and turned that into what is today a very successful business with over 20 products and planned expansion into South America and Europe. His business is also pretty much all passive on his part, thanks to putting a system in place – and hiring smart people to work for him.
Mike’s products can be found in several stores online, and I can personally attest to their outstanding quality. They make the best pre-workout supplement I have ever used, called Maniac (not an affiliate link).
Anyway – in the past, Mike also ran and operated several other businesses including a fitness gym, a lawn care service, e-commerce stores, and even some traditional brick and mortar food and lunch businesses. Today he is basically living the dream that many entrepreneurs want to achieve, which is complete financial freedom – and all the time in the world to spend with his family, hobbies, and traveling.
Listen to the interview and learn…

• How Mike started his business with almost no money at all
  • How he found a need – and customers who really wanted what he could offer
  • How his success has transformed his life, and what he enjoys the most about financial freedom
  • Why he feels honesty and transparency is key to growing exponentially through word-of-mouth
  • Mike’s advice for aspiring entrepreneurs – and why they might be focusing on the wrong thing
  • Why (and when) it becomes critical to bring other people on board in your business to grow it into the millions
  • And last but not least – what IS Mike’s favorite color? Lol…

You can listen to, or download the entire interview here: Passive Income Podcast #1 – Interview with Mike Plante | Profitapolis

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
sounds like goooooood listenin ;)

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
will defo be checking this out!
Patrick made this place very welcoming and warm. I wish him well...

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
how come hes not here anymore?

liite

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 2, 2011
Thankyou for this Eskil. Patrick was a great contributor to this forum. Ashame to see him go.
Interview was great, plus you cannot go wrong with having Dragonforce - Dawn of a new world as an intro song!!!

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Interview was great, plus you cannot go wrong with having Dragonforce - Dawn of a new world as an intro song!!!

Thanks and, haha....yeah I must say I'm surprised anyone here would recognize that music. Another Dragonforce fan? :)
(did you recognize where the music at the end was from?) ;)

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Anyone else having audio issues. Long blank parts where I assume you are speaking eskil? After the intro theres 30 or so seconds blank? Anyoen else?

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Anyone else having audio issues. Long blank parts where I assume you are speaking eskil? After the intro theres 30 or so seconds blank? Anyoen else?

Are you listening directly on my blog through that widget, on Soundcloud directly (where it is hosted), or downloaded file?

One problem might be that your left or right audio speaker is dropping out at times? I noticed that the recorder I used recorded my voice on the left channel - and Mike's on the right. There are some long periods where only he talks, and so if your right speaker goes out now and then - it will sound like silence.

I tested it again now and it works fine here.
Here's the direct Soundcloud link:
https://soundcloud.com/profitapolis-com/passive-income-podcast

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Must be my speakers, never realized one was broken lol

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Definitely looking forward to listening to this later tonight. Thank you for sharing!

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
PatrickP if you are reading this; come back! You are freaking hilarious, not to mention your great advice is missed. :smx4:

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Mike,
Good guy, Gone, but not forgotten.
Tell him we say Hi
Z
I will. :)

PatrickP if you are reading this; come back! You are freaking hilarious, not to mention your great advice is missed. :smx4:
I've sent him the link to this thread. And yes, the guy is both funny and full of great advice.

Looks like 50 listens so far, and 19 downloads. Sweet!

I really enjoyed doing this podcast interview thing by the way. So much that I'm itching to more, even though I hate listening to my own voice and my accent afterwards because I sound way different than I think I do, lol...

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
I hate listening to my own voice and my accent afterwards because I sound way different than I think I do, lol...

I will say you sound very different in this podcast then you did in the INSIDERS call you recently held

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
I, personally, am not a big fan of the left-right speaking thing. Particularly when I used to listen to these things while commuting, sometimes I only had one earphone in, that would frustrate me.

Can see the appeal, like you're in the middle of a conversation, just sayin'.

Otherwise.. I was one of the downloaders - thanks for the share! Great info, took a few notes!

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
tried watching it on my phone but it wouldn't play, so I played the youtube video of docstock. Also very interesting. I will watch mike's interview when I get home, although one of his posts about wholesale pricing has already helped me out a lot :thumbsup:. It's a pity he is not around here anymore.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Remember listening to the Ecommerce Q&A Call in show he did in September at like 3AM. He's amazing, also gave me my first reputation points ever, really influenced my involvement in this forum and business in general. Will definitely listen to this. All the best!

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I, personally, am not a big fan of the left-right speaking thing. Particularly when I used to listen to these things while commuting, sometimes I only had one earphone in, that would frustrate me.

Can see the appeal, like you're in the middle of a conversation, just sayin'.

Yeah I know what you're saying. I didn't set it like that on purpose either. I will try next time to get it stereo-centered for both channels. :)

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Next time open with lie

Yes! It was hard to pick between all the good riffs and sections from all my fav Dream Theater and Dragonforce songs, lol. Maybe I will change it up every time. :)

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Great interview Eskil. Loved hearing from Mike again.

Rerun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 7, 2012
Was just thinking today that I haven't seen him post here lately. Nice interview... Thanks for sharing Eskil!

JamesS88

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 14, 2012
Hi Eskil,

I listened to this on the way home from work today and really enjoyed it. I look forward to whatever is next.

-James

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
1) He outgrew the forum.
2) He's busy doing it instead of talking about it.

If you don't know the real answer you shouldn't answer. So I guess the other highly successful entrepreneurs that actively participate here are just talkers, not doers. Give me a break.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
1) He outgrew the forum.
2) He's busy doing it instead of talking about it.

Neither is true.
He's not above coming here, and as we know - there are many guys here on the forum doing VERY well who could have easily left the forum ages ago. Yet, they choose to stick around because no matter how many millions you are making, it's still a good thing to keep connecting with like-minded people, always learn new things/trends/opportunities, get ideas for growth, mentor others, etc. etc. Mike did this and still would have too - but his reasons I believe are more personal and we can leave it at that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.