The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another great interview with MJ (He's on fire)

Claude Roy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 11, 2017
St. Petersburg, FL
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share with you another really interview with MJ for a podcast named "KnowldegeForMen" (really applies to anyone). The interview is really interesting with really good tips and really interesting concepts like the feedback loop. Hope you enjoy !

Have an amazing day,

Claude

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-GJl4Rlyik&t=1516s

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@MJ DeMarco

Thank you for what you do.

This interview is incredible. Unscripted arrived in paperback version this week but I've not started it yet (preferring to wait for the audio version). What you've just explained in one hour has me wondering how you'll blow my mind when I listen to the full audio.

It's clear you've spent a lot of time thinking about this and joining the dots. Your explanations are so tight, simple, and resonate with anyone who's had their suspicions and come up with their own less well formed theories.

Many of us are here because we can see the script and believe there has to be a better way.

"Love what you do because you have a feedback loop that tells you you're having an impact." <<< This makes so much sense and explains why we're always pleading with people to engage the market, make a sale, get a customer, and generally stop designing their website, logo and choosing domain names.

Your explanations are so clear they're like a jab to the face followed by a bucket of cold water.

I think everyone in the forum should listen to this, especially if they aren't living the life they want to yet.

I've been listening to a lot of podcasts lately as I am doing a fair bit of travelling. So much so that I feel I've overloaded my brain and clogged it up with information I don't need. I've literally imposed a non-consumption period on myself while I focus on actions I need to take.

I'm so glad I've stumbled on this interview and listened to it. It's by far my favourite interview or podcast ever, and one I will be referring many many people to since you do a much better a job of explaining why so many of us are dissatisfied, and what we should do about it.

Thank you again for being you, thinking so much about this, and being so passionate about getting your message out. So many people need to hear this abridged version of your book(s).

Thanks for everything you do here in the forum too, and I'd like to wish you well with your health, as I'm sure the rest of the forum does.

@Claude Roy ... thanks for finding and sharing this.

I had to make this insta-Gold. It should be required listening for every new forum member!

Silver Silk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2017
Birmingham

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm so glad I've stumbled on this interview and listened to it. It's by far my favourite interview or podcast ever, and one I will be referring many many people to since you do a much better a job of explaining why so many of us are dissatisfied, and what we should do about it.

Thanks Andy, and thanks for the fast GOLD. I really enjoyed doing that interview (as well as the others) -- trying to push out some Unscripted themes to those who want to hear it.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Thanks Andy, and thanks for the fast GOLD. I really enjoyed doing that interview (as well as the others) -- trying to push out some Unscripted themes to those who want to hear it.

I'm starting my day listening to the Knowledge For Men interview right now. I chose to listen to it rather than turning on the radio and being poisoned by the (bad) "news" broadcasts. A far better way to start a brand new day.

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
704%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
It's clear you've spent a lot of time thinking about this and joining the dots. Your explanations are so tight, simple, and resonate with anyone who's had their suspicions and come up with their own less well formed theories.

Exactly!

It blows my mind that more people haven't even considered/questioned this stuff.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
This morning I was thinking MJ is Batman.

What I mean by that is I remember as a kid watching episodes of batman "how are they going to get out of this?!" Then enjoying as the plot was revealed and they got out of it. Similarly, I found myself thinking "how's he going to answer this?! And your answers were great. I found myself chuckling and shaking my head. Perfect and obvious answers. MJ I'm liking your style more and more. Gold. Can't wait to go to bed to wake up and start off another day with your pearls of wisdom. We've been speaking the same language for years before I bumped into you but now I know... you're definitely speaking my language mate.

Last edited:

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
I love 'em! What I'd love to see is a master list of all of MJs podcasts in one thread.

A quick search "MJ DeMarco" in iTune Podcast gave me a list of 12 interviews with MJ. Here they are:
Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 9.57.51 am.png

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share with you another really interview with MJ for a podcast named "KnowldegeForMen" (really applies to anyone). The interview is really interesting with really good tips and really interesting concepts like the feedback loop. Hope you enjoy !

Have an amazing day,

Claude

Thanks Claude. This was my 'breakfast' at 5am this morning!

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
That's funny, what was said about Forbes and their wealth plan. It's like the articles written about Mr Olympia's workout in FLEX magazine; while it could be beneficial, it's not how he got where he is.

Very good content in this interview, thank you

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
I've noticed that the caliber of interviewers for this book vs. years ago with TMF seem to be much better. Podcasting and youtube in general has gotten so prominent that the interviewers asked more probing and challenging questions and seemed to be done in a more professional manner. MJ is always spot on with his interviews but these recent ones have just been outstanding. Hopefully more to come, I enjoy them very much.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

Was going to post this here but I see it's already been posted!

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Just took a walk and re-listened to this - such great stuff inside, triggered many a productive thought process.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Hey Guys,

Have an amazing day,

Claude

@MJ DeMarco you mentioned "Society loves babies, but hates mothers." really interesting quote, did you mean that society loves consumers but hates producers?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco you mentioned "Society loves babies, but hates mothers." really interesting quote, did you mean that society loves consumers but hates producers?

No, society loves jobs, but hates business/entrepreneurs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.