The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great apps, tools, software... What do you use?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Once again ... another gem of a recommendation from @Andy Black.

Andy introduced me to Descript not that long ago ... and I was seriously amazed at what the software could do with artificial intelligence on the audio side ... but as it turns out ... what they were doing up to now was just the tip of the iceberg.

I just joined Descript's beta test group for a new video editor called "Storyboards" ... OMG ... mind ... blown.

I think Camtasia just lost my business for good. Storyboards is insanely good. And off the charts user-friendly.

Should go live to the general public sometime next month.

Thanks Andy!
I've not played with storyboards yet. It looks great.

I still think Camtasia rocks for creating tutorial software, and for more intricate editing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SiuLung

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Aug 13, 2019
France
Professionally:

Make.com (former Integromat)

Great tool to automate processes and integrate other tools you use with each other (kinda like Zapier but with more flexibility).
It's the platform I work with at my job that consists of automating processes.

Slack -> replaced 100 % of internal emails
Gather -> to maintain cohesion with colleagues (we all work from home)
Notion -> for documentation

And a few other tools that are too industry specific at my current job, they would not interest you (telecom networks)

Personally:

Timetree: a simple calendar that you can share with other people. My girlfriend and I use it to stay updated on what we have coming up (dinner with friends, trips, etc.) as I tend to forget this kind of stuff.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
I'll suggest two more:

Dubb and BombBomb for sending video emails.

Bombbomb has the better overall platform (imho)

Dubb, on the other hand, gives you most of the same features as BombBomb for less than half the cost.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

snowpl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 20, 2022
Thank you all for your recommendations, would have to check out few of those mentioned before, from my end would recommend:

Miro.com
For amazing dashboards, brainstorming ideas, event storming, I’ve got most of my business plans there, designing sales funnels, really love this one.

Jasper.AI
This was a paid subscription.
I’m not an English native speaker and used that tool for creation of the OKish content marketing when we wanted to do that instead of hiring someone for that. Also loved how the AI helped to rephrase written text to sound the way I wanted.

Telegram
Most of our company communication is based on telegram, we have a nice split between related topics, recording voice messages is awesome there.

LinkedIn premium
Paid as well
Because of the nature of my business, it’s just a must have.

Most places that have subscriptions that removes ads when I use them regularly I’d rather pay then waste my time seeing ads.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Most places that have subscriptions that removes ads when I use them regularly I’d rather pay then waste my time seeing ads.
I just upgraded to YouTube Premium so we don't see ads, and so we can download videos (the kids are making videos with meme-like video clips in them).

G

GuestR401x3

HubSpot Excellent free CRM tools. The paid marketing platform is excellent as well.
TeamViewer Still one of the best RDP's
My local library In my opinion one of the most underused resources, and not only for books/audiobooks.
PowerBI An excellent business intelligence tool that's worth learning
Mergent First Research A website with industry-specific summaries, challenges, growth predictions, trends, opportunities, and challenges.
ERP Systems Which one you go with depends on what industry you are in, but a good ERP system will save you a ton of time.
Hunter.IO For finding email addresses to specific people at specific companies.
MS Teams Send messages across your team, make phone calls, create groups, and have online meetings all in one
MS Office The best at what they do.
WordPress Open source CMS.
The local gym Not a tool but a necessity to get you mentally and physically on the right track for the day.
Others Asing for help isn't natural for me but I am learning to leverage the wisdom of those around me.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Does anyone have a good app to clip and bookmark various sources on the internet? From articles, to tweets, to anything I might stumble upon. The app should also have an easy way to "clip" information via Firefox browser.

Please do NOT recommend Evernote as its Firefox plugin is trash. Right now I'm using MS One Note but I really don't like the look or feel.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Does anyone have a good app to clip and bookmark various sources on the internet? From articles, to tweets, to anything I might stumble upon. The app should also have an easy way to "clip" information via Firefox browser.

Please do NOT recommend Evernote as its Firefox plugin is trash. Right now I'm using MS One Note but I really don't like the look or feel.
Isn't that what the built-in "Firefox Pocket" was for?

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com

For creative projects check out Milanote - Milanote - the tool for organizing creative projects

Otherwise, you could look at using something like these:
Personally, I drop things onto my bookmarks bar into folders never to be seen again. :happy:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Isn't that what the built-in "Firefox Pocket" was for?

Thank you for the reminder that the solution was right in front of my face. Now I feel stupid. Pocket seems to fit the bill and works great with FF.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I just upgraded to YouTube Premium so we don't see ads, and so we can download videos (the kids are making videos with meme-like video clips in them).
I didn't realise when you downloaded videos on YouTube it downloaded them to your YouTube app/account so you could view them offline. I thought I'd get an MP4 file. Oh well. I may continue YouTube premium as I've got used to not seeing ads when watching stuff.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas

Somewhat related, but in addition to Pocket for saving articles, I have been using Inoreader - Take back control of your news feed for news feeds. I got sick of news aggregators and so I have been adding good sources to my list as I find them.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2022

Hi MJ I saw this message quite late but there is this chrome extension called Glasp Glasp: Social Web Highlighter & Note-taking

Patrick Besong

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Dec 8, 2014
Central PA
EmailScraper (available on Mac App Store). You can drag folders and files to the interface (or select them via the buttons) and it will extract all the email addresses from them so you can put together custom email lists. It will scan plain text, CSV (Excel files), and Word docs. It can do websites too if you enter the web address into the form. It will remove any duplicate email addresses when it's done searching and allow you to fine tune the list by either keeping or deleting certain domains (like maybe just keeping .edu domains to target educational customers). It has a search feature too. You can export the email addresses as either plain text or CSV files that you can import into your email service. A Windows version is planned too, as well as support for PDF searches. Link: EmailScraper on Mac App Store
EmailScraper now has a Windows version as well as the Mac version. You can get more info here and download the demo version: EmailScraper for Mac and Windows

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
HubSpot CRM is great, I love it. Documents by Readdle is awesome, too and I use it daily

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Want a great tool to find contact information for decision makers for large b2b dealings?

It's also basically free if you make your outreach count. I don't use any of the CRM stuff, but I love the domain search.

I found 9 regional buyers across two companies that use what I sell, whom I am not currently connected in about 15 minutes.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Want a great tool to find contact information for decision makers for large b2b dealings?

It's also basically free if you make your outreach count. I don't use any of the CRM stuff, but I love the domain search.

I found 9 regional buyers across two companies that use what I sell, whom I am not currently connected in about 15 minutes.
Yeah just used it to find the contacts for 3 markets that usually would have been hard to get.

This tool is F*cking amazing.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Another favorite random tool of ours. Want to call 7 or 8 of your contacts in 30 seconds without having to yak about nothing for 20 minutes?

Try this: Ringless Voicemail Drops - Voicemail Messaging | Slybroadcast

It shoots them a voicemail right to their inbox. Voicemails have a 95% open rate so, you have their ear, and it’s likely less annoying to them too.

It’s also, like Snov.io, very cheap if you aren’t a spammy idiot with it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Perfect example of a productocracy, free advertising for them by virtue of a great product.

Moved to the APP thread so it can be found.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Perfect example of a productocracy, free advertising for them by virtue of a great product.

Moved to the APP thread so it can be found.
I actually currently use it for my Web Design business, finding business owner's email addresses. It works great. Worth the money.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
GMass is my favorite software right now

stackbd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 29, 2023
GMass is my favorite software right now
GMass is good, only drawback is that it makes it difficult to manage multiple accounts at one time, or send emails from multiple inboxes, since you have to go into each inbox and manage it manually

ArielAaron

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 27, 2023
Roam Research
A note-taking tool for networked thought.

Lastpass
To remember all my password and auto-fill on any site.

Cold Turkey
To set up blocks on my computer to keep me productive.

Tomighty
A little Pomodoro app that helps me alternate between work and breaks.

Fences
An application that allows me to group off icons on my desktop.

Groupy
An app that allows me to group different apps into one window, the result of which looks like a browser window with tabs...it's just that each tab is an app, or folder, etc.

Powertoys
Snap windows to pre-defined window sizes on my PC for the best layout.

NoiseGator
Applies a noise gate to my mic to cut out background noise when I'm not speaking.
definitely can vouch for LastPass! Just being able to store my millions of passwords securely and not have to recover lost ones because I forgot what I used is a productivity hack in itself.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
definitely can vouch for LastPass! Just being able to store my millions of passwords securely and not have to recover lost ones because I forgot what I used is a productivity hack in itself.
LastPass has been hacked. Look at 1Password instead.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.