The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gravy's Hustle Thread: $100k/mo or Bust!

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
This thread is straight heroine for me. Marking off work tomorrow to go do door to door sales and see what the Miami area has to offer.

Happy to have accidentally found out about you bro. Keep killin it
Trying to be as transparent as possible to show people what it's like. It's not EASY, it requires hard a$$ work, but at the end of the day, if you need to quit your job, or raise some capital for another business, or just wanna make great money and do this, I haven't found a better option. Especially for young, able bodied guys.

Straight blood sweat and tears hustle. Let's get right down to it and CRUSH 2020. F*ck a virus.

Also @DrScream has the right attitude and work ethic. He and I have been talking. I can already tell he's gonna make it just from how he talks, and how he takes action. I think it took him 48 hours from messaging me to get most of the equipment needed and another 48 to launch Yelp ads and set up his shit. Hustler.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
Trying to be as transparent as possible to show people what it's like. It's not EASY, it requires hard a$$ work, but at the end of the day, if you need to quit your job, or raise some capital for another business, or just wanna make great money and do this, I haven't found a better option. Especially for young, able bodied guys.

Straight blood sweat and tears hustle. Let's get right down to it and CRUSH 2020. F*ck a virus.
I'll take a hard pass on F*cking the virus but I'll be out there. Practiced using the ladder today and getting up and down a building. Pinched the F*ck out of my finger and learned (the hard way) where the pinch points are lmao. You ain't kidding. I gotta start doing some cardio cuz I was out of breathe after 5 or 6 climbs of that shit. Got my first gig on Monday.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Scheduled myself the first day off in like... over a month.

I was getting burnt.

I sat at home and did absolutely NOTHING yesterday... and I was BORED!

I didn't like it. I'm more comfortable out there hustling.

4 more houses today.

3 more tomorrow.

Let's get it.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
What's up guys been off here for a while.

Working 15 hours a day on biz. Shit is getting crazy!

Had 2 days over $1200 in the past week. Been working like a dog.

Got myself a summer intern for $12/hr that's coming down in June. Excited for that.

Got myself another employee doing work for me now as well. Excited for that as well. And THANKFUL.

Been beating the COVID crisis and still working. In fact, March was my best month of all time, $ wise.

I need to hire someone else to help me with sales copy. I just posted here as well:

Trying to give a chance to someone semi new, or up in coming in the copy game. I love to support young hustlers that got talent. I'll pay you of course for helping me.

If anyone knows any good copy writers, send them my way. Please text me 208 907 5357. Don't be shy now! I need a rockstar.

ads0401

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Apr 11, 2020
United Kingdom
Great journey so far. Keep up the great work.

With regards to your YT channel, finding trending videos in your niche and reverse engineering them is definitely the way forward to growing your channel.

I'm definitely living in the wrong country. Here in the UK a full window clean of a 4 bed house is like £30!

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Great journey so far. Keep up the great work.

With regards to your YT channel, finding trending videos in your niche and reverse engineering them is definitely the way forward to growing your channel.

I'm definitely living in the wrong country. Here in the UK a full window clean of a 4 bed house is like £30!
I looked into this business model here before and you're right, very hard to make that kind of money as a one man band cleaning windows and gutters here in the UK.

ads0401

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Apr 11, 2020
United Kingdom
I looked into this business model here before and you're right, very hard to make that kind of money as a one man band cleaning windows and gutters here in the UK.

Yep you're right.

Gutters could potentially work , I think the average charge is £100-£150 for gutter cleaning on an average sized house.

What types of service businesses over here do you think could work? Tree cutting, junk/waste removal, one man and a van (removals etc) are some that I brainstormed.

knz

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Apr 6, 2020
Enjoyed reading your story man! Inspiring. Also think the idea about the 'entrepreneurial hustle house' thing is a great idea, definitely look forward reading about that. Keep the hard work up, keeping an eye on this thread!

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
Yep you're right.

Gutters could potentially work , I think the average charge is £100-£150 for gutter cleaning on an average sized house.

What types of service businesses over here do you think could work? Tree cutting, junk/waste removal, one man and a van (removals etc) are some that I brainstormed.

I had an idea of in summer, hitting the caravan/RV parks and offering to powerwash or just wash their vehicles for them. People in the UK love their caravan trips away and a lot take pride in them, so a good washing service I think would go down well. Would just have to keep the caravan park owners sweet.

chimichangatime

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 1, 2018
sacramento, ca
@DrWumbo
As far as door hangers. I think I dropped around 5k of them total, and got maybe 1 phone call. I haven't dropped a hanger or flyer since the beginning. That shit did not work for me, and after your third week of beating the pavement, you realize there are a LOT better ways to market your services.

I'll make some more posts on this to accompany YouTube videos I create. Yelp, Thumbtack, Home Adviser, Porch, word of mouth are my primary streams of customers, as well as repeat customers.

I don't remember where I read it, but someone said, "personal trainers don't come to your house looking for clients, they hang out at the gym, where people are already looking for their services." Sounds like you stumbled onto the same lesson.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
What's up everybody!

Proud to announce opening second location in Orange County on Monday. Launching ads, got guys, got secretary.

Time to double up or shut up!

Otherwise, just been working very hard during the virus. Not posting check pictures anymore but been just as busy.

Goal is to have 1 more location up and running in LA by the end of the year. Think it should be more than doable. OC is test subject #1 so we can get all the systems down.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Hope everybody is out there getting after it today.

In the past ~6 months, I've figured out what it takes to REALLY run a business.

It takes hard a$$ work. It takes mistake after mistake, losing money on something and teaching yourself lessons thru failures.

It takes 3AM nights, 5AM mornings. It takes stress, crazy days, and full schedules.

It takes you being resourceful. It takes you going "All In."

If anyone out there is not achieving what they want right now, and they aren't experiencing the above, there's probably something "off" with what you're doing.

How I see it is like this.
--------- Extremely crazy
------ Crazy ------ Hire people
----- More customers ------ Build systems
----Start ----- hire management
This is how your workload should play out thru the first few months/years of a business.

If you haven't gotten to the "more customers" part yet, which most people never get to, then you need to reassess A your business and B your hustle. If one of these things is wrong, you'll never start climbing the hill (see above).

Just wanted to put this out there because I'm getting alot of PMs and seeing posts from guys who aren't putting in the work. Success without a large dose, I'm talking a few years MINIMUM, of hardcore grinding, isn't a thing. It's smoke and mirrors.

Go put in the damn work and you'll get the results. There are no shortcuts. You don't bet on getting "lucky" like the people you're comparing yourself to. There's only a few things you can control in life and one of them is how hard you work. Your hustle. Your resilience. Your work ethic. Your attitude.

Start realizing how lucky you are to be in a position to be ABLE to provide value to others. 95% of people can't do this. They either aren't gifted with the traits needed, or they're physically disabled. Most people reading this are capable of alot more than they're currently putting in/getting out, myself included.

Work harder, then work smarter over time. Again there are NO shortcuts.

Get off YouTube. Get off social media. Stop reading books. Go take F*cking action.

There's no better way to learn than trial and error. You're not gonna find the magic bullet, the magic secret if you "just watch that 17th YouTube video you have open in your browser tab... maybe it's in there...". No. It's not. It's at the end of a hard day's work where you feel physically and mentally exhausted. When you've been in the trenches. THAT is when you think of "silver bullet" ideas that really help you scale and progress.

So cut the bullshit and get to work. There's no better time than now. Especially with this lockdown. We have nothing to do BUT work. Do NOT waste this time with Mental masturbation on YouTube, Facebook, books, whatever. You're giving your brain little dopamine hits when you "research." You're action faking and mentally masturbating. Your brain doesn't know the difference. So go re wire yourself to enjoy REALLY working.

Go get yourself a whiteboard and write down your 3 most important tasks you NEED to get done. The word "research should be found NOWHERE on your board!!! Instead, the words "call," "buy," "Start," "Create," "Build" etc should be on there. Put that whiteboard front and center in your living room. In fact, go put it where your TV currently is. I want to see pictures of whiteboards in front of TVs.

If you really want it, go get it.

/Rant

Update with my stuff:

Second location already making some $. Pretty sure it's been like 4 days. It's proving I have a system in place, or the resemblance of one. Hiring another person in the next few days as well. I've outsourced 50-75% of work I was doing at this point, and still making decent profits. Time to expand now that I have some breathing room.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Hope everybody is out there getting after it today.

In the past ~6 months, I've figured out what it takes to REALLY run a business.

It takes hard a$$ work. It takes mistake after mistake, losing money on something and teaching yourself lessons thru failures.

It takes 3AM nights, 5AM mornings. It takes stress, crazy days, and full schedules.

It takes you being resourceful. It takes you going "All In."

If anyone out there is not achieving what they want right now, and they aren't experiencing the above, there's probably something "off" with what you're doing.

How I see it is like this.
--------- Extremely crazy
------ Crazy ------ Hire people
----- More customers ------ Build systems
----Start ----- hire management
This is how your workload should play out thru the first few months/years of a business.

If you haven't gotten to the "more customers" part yet, which most people never get to, then you need to reassess A your business and B your hustle. If one of these things is wrong, you'll never start climbing the hill (see above).

Just wanted to put this out there because I'm getting alot of PMs and seeing posts from guys who aren't putting in the work. Success without a large dose, I'm talking a few years MINIMUM, of hardcore grinding, isn't a thing. It's smoke and mirrors.

Go put in the damn work and you'll get the results. There are no shortcuts. You don't bet on getting "lucky" like the people you're comparing yourself to. There's only a few things you can control in life and one of them is how hard you work. Your hustle. Your resilience. Your work ethic. Your attitude.

Start realizing how lucky you are to be in a position to be ABLE to provide value to others. 95% of people can't do this. They either aren't gifted with the traits needed, or they're physically disabled. Most people reading this are capable of alot more than they're currently putting in/getting out, myself included.

Work harder, then work smarter over time. Again there are NO shortcuts.

Get off YouTube. Get off social media. Stop reading books. Go take F*cking action.

There's no better way to learn than trial and error. You're not gonna find the magic bullet, the magic secret if you "just watch that 17th YouTube video you have open in your browser tab... maybe it's in there...". No. It's not. It's at the end of a hard day's work where you feel physically and mentally exhausted. When you've been in the trenches. THAT is when you think of "silver bullet" ideas that really help you scale and progress.

So cut the bullshit and get to work. There's no better time than now. Especially with this lockdown. We have nothing to do BUT work. Do NOT waste this time with Mental masturbation on YouTube, Facebook, books, whatever. You're giving your brain little dopamine hits when you "research." You're action faking and mentally masturbating. Your brain doesn't know the difference. So go re wire yourself to enjoy REALLY working.

Go get yourself a whiteboard and write down your 3 most important tasks you NEED to get done. The word "research should be found NOWHERE on your board!!! Instead, the words "call," "buy," "Start," "Create," "Build" etc should be on there. Put that whiteboard front and center in your living room. In fact, go put it where your TV currently is. I want to see pictures of whiteboards in front of TVs.

If you really want it, go get it.

/Rant

Update with my stuff:

Second location already making some $. Pretty sure it's been like 4 days. It's proving I have a system in place, or the resemblance of one. Hiring another person in the next few days as well. I've outsourced 50-75% of work I was doing at this point, and still making decent profits. Time to expand now that I have some breathing room.

You've hit the nail on the head, and it's something i needed to hear. I often sit there and ponder "why can't i be successful like others?", and it has taken me YEARS to realize that all these courses, videos, books don't mean shit if you don't put them into action.

And then you realize, it's not just action, it's daily action, persistent action and pushing through when you're tired of it, when you're bored of it and when your mind wants to be doing anything other than that.

This is a wakeup call for me. My reality is that I'm going to stay exactly where I am if i don't commit to something fully. And commitment is months and years, not days.

I'm glad you've discovered the path and you're crushing. Looking forward to your progress.

Rwill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Sep 9, 2019
canada
@PaulAaronBaker This is actually a great concept! Although not coming from a place of experience, you're exactly right. I should divorce myself from this business as soon as possible, and hire out/automate every aspect. Hiring a "CEO" might be a little overkill, but a "manager" might be right on point.

I need to build it a little bigger before I hire any more though. This biz is still paying my salary, and in order to fund many more, we need more revenue, which means more marketing $. Slowly bootstrapping my way there.

@DrWumbo nice to see someone in the same industry. When you say "season," what are your seasons like? Probably depends on where you live, I am in San Diego, so we don't really have winter like most places. We do have slow season though, which is Jan/Feb. Had a bit of a dip during this time but it allowed me to focus on YouTube, which was much needed. Just today I booked 4 jobs, 2 of which are over 1k. So I think it's safe to assume that "slow season" is over...

As far as door hangers. I think I dropped around 5k of them total, and got maybe 1 phone call. I haven't dropped a hanger or flyer since the beginning. That shit did not work for me, and after your third week of beating the pavement, you realize there are a LOT better ways to market your services.

I'll make some more posts on this to accompany YouTube videos I create. Yelp, Thumbtack, Home Adviser, Porch, word of mouth are my primary streams of customers, as well as repeat customers.

Feel free to ask any questions in here or post your experiences.

As a construction business owner myself, I highly recommend the book "Traction" by Gino Wickman. Also the podcast "scale up your business" is a great resource.

Honestly though you sound light years ahead of where I was when I started. From the sounds of it you'll do more than fine.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
You've hit the nail on the head, and it's something i needed to hear. I often sit there and ponder "why can't i be successful like others?", and it has taken me YEARS to realize that all these courses, videos, books don't mean shit if you don't put them into action.

And then you realize, it's not just action, it's daily action, persistent action and pushing through when you're tired of it, when you're bored of it and when your mind wants to be doing anything other than that.

This is a wakeup call for me. My reality is that I'm going to stay exactly where I am if i don't commit to something fully. And commitment is months and years, not days.

I'm glad you've discovered the path and you're crushing. Looking forward to your progress.

I had the same problem. I bounced around, was scared of commitment.

There are TOO many business ideas out there. Just godda stick to something that works and scale up.

Put your blinders on and get to work.

As a construction business owner myself, I highly recommend the book "Traction" by Gino Wickman. Also the podcast "scale up your business" is a great resource.

Honestly though you sound light years ahead of where I was when I started. From the sounds of it you'll do more than fine.
Thank you man. I will definitely check that out. Really appreciate it.

The further I get into it, the further I realize how crazy things get. SO much money changing hands every single day.

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast
terally couldn't be profitable here, unless you're willing to take a huge loss and consider LTV of the customer.

There is also alot of competition, so it drives down prices somewhat.
I had the same problem. I bounced around, was scared of commitment.

There are TOO many business ideas out there. Just godda stick to something that works and scale up.

Put your blinders on and get to work.

Thank you man. I will definitely check that out. Really appreciate it.

The further I get into it, the further I realize how crazy things get. SO much money changing hands every single day.
Love your post @GravyBoat
Lol I started a handyman business in So-Cal a 8 months ago out of my old Honda Civc, just yesterday traded it in for a Ford Van.
You have motivated me as I am only working part time & only netting $5k a month. I need to grow my lead volume.
I am getting very good results on Google Ads ($10 a lead), but I am maxing out on this platform.
Tested Home Advisor, not profitable.
I'm Exploring Facebook Ads & YT Ads at the moment

Whats been your best performing lead source for your business, in terms of volume?
By the way, sometimes I accidentally get cleaning leads in OC or LA area. Let me know if you want them. I only do handyman stuff, but not anything cleaning related.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Love your post @GravyBoat
Lol I started a handyman business in So-Cal a 8 months ago out of my old Honda Civc, just yesterday traded it in for a Ford Van.
You have motivated me as I am only working part time & only netting $5k a month. I need to grow my lead volume.
I am getting very good results on Google Ads ($10 a lead), but I am maxing out on this platform.
Tested Home Advisor, not profitable.
I'm Exploring Facebook Ads & YT Ads at the moment

Whats been your best performing lead source for your business, in terms of volume?
By the way, sometimes I accidentally get cleaning leads in OC or LA area. Let me know if you want them. I only do handyman stuff, but not anything cleaning related.

If you have any exterior cleaning sure send em my way! And vice versa. Text me 208 907 5357 depending on your area I can definitely throw some stuff your way.

Yelp, word of mouth, Home Adviser, Thumbtack, Porch.com, in that order. Have barely even hit repeat service times for people yet. It's about to get crazy.

You can float your Yelp Adspend for 2 months without paying a dime if you need to. If it doesn't pay for itself by then you're doing something seriously wrong... Yelp is a goldmine for service businesses.

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast
If you have any exterior cleaning sure send em my way! And vice versa. Text me 208 907 5357 depending on your area I can definitely throw some stuff your way.

Yelp, word of mouth, Home Adviser, Thumbtack, Porch.com, in that order. Have barely even hit repeat service times for people yet. It's about to get crazy.

You can float your Yelp Adspend for 2 months without paying a dime if you need to. If it doesn't pay for itself by then you're doing something seriously wrong... Yelp is a goldmine for service businesses.
Yes, Yelp can be a gold mine for service business, but you have to be careful & watch your cost on Yelp platform. Once I set my daily budget super high on Yelp & they increased my Cost per click to $9 per click. Thats crazy considering I am getting $10 per lead on Google Ads with $2.5 per click.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Yes, Yelp can be a gold mine for service business, but you have to be careful & watch your cost on Yelp platform. Once I set my daily budget super high on Yelp & they increased my Cost per click to $9 per click. Thats crazy considering I am getting $10 per lead on Google Ads with $2.5 per click.
Are you sending people to a website from google? Do they then call from there, or fill out lead form?

Have you ran call ads on google?

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast
Are you sending people to a website from google? Do they then call from there, or fill out lead form?

Have you ran call ads on google?
I take people to my website & have them fill out a questionnaire (similar to home advisors). I tested call ads in another industry but they didn't perform too well. I actually prefer questionnaires as I get leads coming in the middle of the night quite often.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Main employee quit because his dad passed away and he got a shitton of money. Decided to stop working.

Hired another within 2 days who seems even better (faster, better customer communication skills etc). He got a tip already so hopefully it works out.

Been busy man. Whew.

DrWumbo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 22, 2016
I’m getting traction with my Facebook Ads. Some people in my industry said to stay away from Yelp, but it looks like it’s a preferred platform of yours. Might have to jump on it!

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
I’m getting traction with my Facebook Ads. Some people in my industry said to stay away from Yelp, but it looks like it’s a preferred platform of yours. Might have to jump on it!

Facebook ads work.

Yelp works.

Home Adviser works.

Thumbtack works.

Google Ads works.

Porch.com works.

Knocking doors works.

Word of mouth works.

Upselling works.

Everything works. There's a reason why these platforms exist. I can delve into great detail with my experience with each if that would be helpful.

The naysayers are the ones who either don't understand how to use the platform, get frustrated, or something else is just wrong (their mindset, business, etc).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Facebook ads work.

Yelp works.

Home Adviser works.

Thumbtack works.

Google Ads works.

Porch.com works.

Knocking doors works.

Word of mouth works.

Upselling works.

Everything works. There's a reason why these platforms exist. I can delve into great detail with my experience with each if that would be helpful.

The naysayers are the ones who either don't understand how to use the platform, get frustrated, or something else is just wrong (their mindset, business, etc).
Agreed. To say “it doesn’t work“ when it doesn’t work for them just shows they’re frustrated.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What's up guys been off here for a while.

Working 15 hours a day on biz. Shit is getting crazy!

Had 2 days over $1200 in the past week. Been working like a dog.

Got myself a summer intern for $12/hr that's coming down in June. Excited for that.

Got myself another employee doing work for me now as well. Excited for that as well. And THANKFUL.

Been beating the COVID crisis and still working. In fact, March was my best month of all time, $ wise.

I need to hire someone else to help me with sales copy. I just posted here as well:

Trying to give a chance to someone semi new, or up in coming in the copy game. I love to support young hustlers that got talent. I'll pay you of course for helping me.

If anyone knows any good copy writers, send them my way. Please text me 208 907 5357. Don't be shy now! I need a rockstar.
@Bekit @Lex DeVille ?

EsJay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 27, 2018
FL
@GravyBoat I have a question. I have been thinking of Home Services Business for a while but I have a full time job and dman scared of heights (cant even clean fans in house).

So I was wondering if I can start such a businesses relying on FT/PT employee (which initially could be funded from my job income?) to do actual work and I focus on branding, marketing and sales? Do you think this approach will work?

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Agreed. To say “it doesn’t work“ when it doesn’t work for them just shows they’re frustrated.

Exactly. If someone is having an issue, please by all means post the full story here. I will try to help them with it.

That being said, Yelp and Home Adviser BUY their leads from spots on Google. So if you can figure out AdWords, you're crushing them. I have NOT figured this out yet but it's on the list. Not high priority unfortunately compared to other things, but I will likely hire someone within the next 3 months.

I actually hired someone from this forum @sonny_1080 that hit me up within an hour of posting.

I value 80/20 speed over the "best." And that's not to say anyone is better than someone else. When I want something done, it gets done in a very very short amount of time.

I am going to be needing alot more copy in the future so I will use multiple people, to get different perspectives, as well as test different people's take on it!

I hope my window cleaner doesn’t see this thread. Here in the U.K. I pay him £8 every two weeks!!

Why are people paying $175 to get their windows cleaned in USA?

People are paying $700 to get their windows cleaned, all over the world.

Its all relative. If someone is willing to clean an entire house for $8 bucks, then they will win jobs. But they'll become trapped when their earning potential is only $24 bucks a day (3 houses). That's not sustainable, or profitable.

The customers you want in this business are not people who pay you $8 bucks. Those are the same customers that complain about tiny shit.

You want people who don't notice the difference between $300 and $400 bucks. You bump your margins, time per hour, whatever. They get a service they love and call you back. They don't complain. If they really don't like you, they still don't complain, because they don't have time. They simply don't hire your company in the future.

I have a hunch if I started this business in the same city as you, I could still make it profitable. You only take on customers and commercial clients that have money. You absolutely do not deal with tire kickers. I don't want to associate with those people EVER. Complainers = headache in any aspect of life. F*ck em!

@GravyBoat I have a question. I have been thinking of Home Services Business for a while but I have a full time job and dman scared of heights (cant even clean fans in house).

So I was wondering if I can start such a businesses relying on FT/PT employee (which initially could be funded from my job income?) to do actual work and I focus on branding, marketing and sales? Do you think this approach will work?
Absolutely bro! You can 100% do this with employees only. In fact, that's what I wish I was able to do.

Unfortunately, when I started this business, I had negative 50 grand to my name and was literally putting change in my gas tank to get to jobs.

My issue now is that it's hard to divorce making a F*ckload of money (more than I've ever made) while doing jobs myself. I do have other people doing other jobs. But the margins on those jobs is much lower than if I skip the employee and do it myself.

I told myself, I will stop working IN the business once my time is actually worth it to work only ON the business. That time has arrived.

You simply get the jobs and outsource them. It's the most simple form of business I can think of. Find a few reliable call boys to start and start handing them work. Make sure the customer pays YOU and not THEM.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Nice you’ve hired @sonny_1080 for your copy as he’s running Google Ads campaigns too.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Nice you’ve hired @sonny_1080 for your copy as he’s running Google Ads campaigns too.
Stayed busy, made new friends, and learned a ton during my quarantine lol. Most productive 6 weeks of my life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.