The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Going for it. Ecommerce.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I'm trying to go as fast as I can with the listing process and shipping my product to FBA. My girlfriend's mom is really into and good at photography and is letting me use her lights and whatever else she has at the house. I think she has a green screen, I don't know much about them but I'm assuming I can just take well lit pictures and go on Fiver and have someone do all the work for me and change the background to white. Once that's all done, I need to figure out labels and how to package these and then I'm gold. My friend texted me yesterday saying that someone at his workplace wants to buy it through Amazon because her brother is really into this activity. I have a guaranteed buyer that will leave a review and pay the full price!! No manipulating or using friends and family for reviews!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I'm trying to go as fast as I can with the listing process and shipping my product to FBA. My girlfriend's mom is really into and good at photography and is letting me use her lights and whatever else she has at the house. I think she has a green screen, I don't know much about them but I'm assuming I can just take well lit pictures and go on Fiver and have someone do all the work for me and change the background to white. Once that's all done, I need to figure out labels and how to package these and then I'm gold. My friend texted me yesterday saying that someone at his workplace wants to buy it through Amazon because her brother is really into this activity. I have a guaranteed buyer that will leave a review and pay the full price!! No manipulating or using friends and family for reviews!

I always do photography/listing design last.

From when product leaves your house, it can be 2 weeks until you're in stock at amazon, during this time is when I do all the marketing.

You could keep 1 unit for photos and get the rest shipped in asap.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I always do photography/listing design last.

From when product leaves your house, it can be 2 weeks until you're in stock at amazon, during this time is when I do all the marketing.

You could keep 1 unit for photos and get the rest shipped in asap.

I had no idea you could do that. I thought it had to be you list it and then you can ship it to them. I'm going through the seller courses right now so I'm learning as much as I can. Thanks a ton man, you're really helping me out!!!!

PTP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
766%
Dec 28, 2015
DFW, TX

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I had no idea you could do that. I thought it had to be you list it and then you can ship it to them. I'm going through the seller courses right now so I'm learning as much as I can. Thanks a ton man, you're really helping me out!!!!

You have to make a listing first in order to generate the fnsku labels. Just put bare bones data like a title and price and a upc. You can always change it later.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
You have to make a listing first in order to generate the fnsku labels. Just put bare bones data like a title and price and a upc. You can always change it later.
Got it. I'm going to ship it out tomorrow if at all possible or as soon as I can.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I shipped out 16 units of the 20 to Amazon yesterday. Today I set up a Shopify store with basic photos, good description, and a way to pay. Right now my Instagram following is at 400. I haven't used bots yet and am unsure if it's still a good choice from what I'm reading online (I just found out about Instagress and then realized it just got shut down). I'm trying to see if I can sell a couple units on my Shopify store with traffic from Instagram.
Here is what I need to learn and do:
  • Get better pictures of my product with a better prop
  • Get some content to post this week to my page to get my brand out. Probably will take videos of me using the product and some cool pics of it in use while getting actual product photos.
  • Learn how to use Google Ads and PPC
  • Learn how to use Amazon PPC
So right now I'm in a predicament. I am miserable. I hate waking up and I hate going to bed because of how bad this job is choking me. I've been trying to keep a positive attitude about it and keep grinding but it's getting to the point where I literally feel numb. I'm going to put my two weeks in. I'll have at least $4000 saved by the time it's all said and done. I've always been good at flipping things and know I can do this without a job. I know this business needs money to make it work so I'll figure out a way to get that money without sacrificing my sanity.

I've loved getting advice from @amp0193 and @PTP , it's been very encouraging and helpful to see guys that are successful at this help a beginner out like me. I'd love any and all advice, comments, or feedback!!!!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I shipped out 16 units of the 20 to Amazon yesterday. Today I set up a Shopify store with basic photos, good description, and a way to pay. Right now my Instagram following is at 400. I haven't used bots yet and am unsure if it's still a good choice from what I'm reading online (I just found out about Instagress and then realized it just got shut down). I'm trying to see if I can sell a couple units on my Shopify store with traffic from Instagram.
  • Get some content to post this week to my page to get my brand out. Probably will take videos of me using the product and some cool pics of it in use while getting actual product photos.
So right now I'm in a predicament. I am miserable. I hate waking up and I hate going to bed because of how bad this job is choking me. I've been trying to keep a positive attitude about it and keep grinding but it's getting to the point where I literally feel numb. I'm going to put my two weeks in. I'll have at least $4000 saved by the time it's all said and done. I've always been good at flipping things and know I can do this without a job. I know this business needs money to make it work so I'll figure out a way to get that money without sacrificing my sanity.

I've loved getting advice from @amp0193 and @PTP , it's been very encouraging and helpful to see guys that are successful at this help a beginner out like me. I'd love any and all advice, comments, or feedback!!!!

Most of those services like Instagress and Mass Planner and many others who are still not shut down by IG yet are all crap.
I tried Instagress in the past, didn't work. There was an initial boost of about 10 followers increase but suddenly stopped after a few days.

I'm now on another service which is US$39 per month. They say they can provide 450 followers monthly but till now, I only see a couple of new followers and that was through my own posts! Their method is to mass-unfollow those that I follow who didn't follow me back (IG has 7500 following limit), then mass-follow again in hope that people will follow back, then mass-unfollow those again and go for a new batch.

What a waste of $$$. Gonna demand a refund after this month.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012

Change your mindset. You're going to work to make money to fund your long term future. There is nothing wrong with doing a sh*t job as long as you're progressing towards your goals. By cutting off your cashflow, you run the risk of stifling your business growth early on.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
Most of those services like Instagress and Mass Planner and many others who are still not shut down by IG yet are all crap.
I tried Instagress in the past, didn't work. There was an initial boost of about 10 followers increase but suddenly stopped after a few days.

I'm now on another service which is US$39 per month. They say they can provide 450 followers monthly but till now, I only see a couple of new followers and that was through my own posts! Their method is to mass-unfollow those that I follow who didn't follow me back (IG has 7500 following limit), then mass-follow again in hope that people will follow back, then mass-unfollow those again and go for a new batch.

What a waste of $$$. Gonna demand a refund after this month.
Thanks for this. Just saved me money and a bad experience!!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Change your mindset. You're going to work to make money to fund your long term future. There is nothing wrong with doing a sh*t job as long as you're progressing towards your goals. By cutting off your cashflow, you run the risk of stifling your business growth early on.

One thing I want to add in addition to the above is that, by having a day job, it actually keeps your mind saner in terms of finance.
You won't be fretting about constantly due to depleting cashflow, and when the mind starts fretting, you end up making a lot of bad decisions.

With a crappy day job funding the fastlane business, you don't need to be on tenterhooks all the time.
Plus, some crappy day jobs (a lot, actually) offer yearly bonuses, and that's even more $$$ to fund your business!

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I keep fighting with myself about it but in the end you are 100% right. I need to change the way I'm thinking about this from negative to positive. Thank you for giving me the slap in the face I needed.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
Took photos today with some nice lights and a pro camera my girlfriends mom let us use. Thanks @PTP for telling me about that online tool to white out the background!!!! Super helpful. My products have been received into Amazon and are ready to go. All I need to do is finish my listing and put my pictures up after editing them tonight.

I made my first sale this morning through my Shopify store!!!!!! I got the traffic from my Instagram page (450 followers so far, not much) and got a buyer. I can't explain how pumped I am and how much it's boosting my motivation and making me want to push harder now. I'm craving that next notification with the cash register noise telling me I made a sale :smile:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I made my first sale this morning through my Shopify store!!!!!! I got the traffic from my Instagram page (450 followers so far, not much) and got a buyer. I can't explain how pumped I am and how much it's boosting my motivation and making me want to push harder now. I'm craving that next notification with the cash register noise telling me I made a sale :smile:

I F*cking love the cash register sound.

Rep+

You're gonna kill it. Keep it up.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I F*cking love the cash register sound.

Rep+

You're gonna kill it. Keep it up.
Thank you!!! You've helped me a ton with your advice man. Really appreciate it.

PTP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
766%
Dec 28, 2015
DFW, TX
Took photos today with some nice lights and a pro camera my girlfriends mom let us use. Thanks @PTP for telling me about that online tool to white out the background!!!! Super helpful. My products have been received into Amazon and are ready to go. All I need to do is finish my listing and put my pictures up after editing them tonight.

Heck yeah man!!! Now is when it starts getting fun. The first of many! :moneybag:

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I've made two more sales through the website since my first. The other 16 units finally are ready to sell on Amazon. If these sell and I keep getting orders through the website, I will proceed to buy 200 units and go 50/50 with Amazon and my Shopify store..unless one seems to be better than the other. I did some thinking this weekend though. I have added value to this product but its not as far as biophase suggests in the hard/easy way of going about it. I literally just buy two of these small items to help offset an issue that other products are having and bundle it together with my product and that's it. If these keep selling I'll keep going with it.

Last week I went boating with some friends and the conversation went towards this new business. One of the guys told me "You should go online on a forum for (my niche) and see what they want". Right after saying that, he told me what he wishes he had and another friend agreed with him saying they hate having to deal with the problems associated with this product they use (These guys are very into this niche and activity). The product is on Amazon with 4 main sellers but it's not what these guys said they'd want it to be and I could definitely make improvements even though they have an average 4.5 star rating. I've found a need through that conversation!!!

Here are my goals for this week
  • Sell the rest of my inventory
  • Learn PPC now that I'm actually selling on Amazon
  • Meet up with my friends and figure out what to improve on the product they were talking about and how it would work.
  • Setup a business bank account
On a side note, I'm calling a very successful real estate agent tomorrow that I've been put in contact with because of a couple connections. First my dad is friends with him. Second, my girlfriend's millionaire grandparents are working with him to sell their house. He told my dad on the phone he would literally let me shadow him and that if I got into it I could sell under his name. After I found out, I asked how I could get in touch with him, texted him, and offered to pay for both of us to go out so I can talk to him about how I'm in college and working and see what he thinks about getting into this on top of all that. Maybe this could be my way out of the tire shop! I'm very excited about this business and this opportunity to possibly have a mentor that would guide me into real estate.

If you've liked, commented, or given me advice (@PTP @amp0193 @maverick @Xeon ), Thank you so much. When I check my alerts and see that someone would take time out of their day to help me out and give me advice they've learned, it makes my day and pushes me even harder. If anyone has any advice or anything please share it with me. I'm here to learn and I don't act like I know anything. I'll keep posting my progress and how everything is going as much as I can!

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I hate waking up and I hate going to bed because of how bad this job is choking me.

Leverage that into a daily FTE. Remember, you're in this for the long haul, so bad jobs are just a means to an end. Not permanent!

I've made two more sales through the website since my first.

Woo hoo congrats!

I've found a need through that conversation!!!

Well done, your ears are tuned into the frequency of need.

Thanks for the progress thread.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
Leverage that into a daily FTE. Remember, you're in this for the long haul, so bad jobs are just a means to an end. Not permanent!

Woo hoo congrats!

Well done, your ears are tuned into the frequency of need.

Thanks for the progress thread.
Thank you MJ!!!! You and your books have changed my life. When I first got my hands on TMF I remember hating having to leave the book down for even a few minutes, it's addicting. As far as the job goes for sure. I am using the job as a FTE every day and it's causing me to stay up til 2 A.M. quite a bit now just working on the business. I plan to be on this forum for a very long time :smile: (This made my day when I saw you commented on my thread!!!)

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I made 4 sales on Amazon last night while sleeping!! I'm only profiting 3$ right now on Amazon vs 15$ on my own website but I just need reviews. If I can make 4 sales without PPC or any reviews I wonder how this will do with both of those things. Once I get those reviews (I want just a few) and get a bunch more sales I'll raise the price so I profit 8$. My Instagram is at 850 followers so I need to work on getting photos with the product in different places to make quality posts.

I'm down to 10 units out of 16 on Amazon. The four I had for the website I sold within a week. The reason I want to buy 200 is because I need my logo on them, it would give the product a better look. I'm not sure how they would sell though still, kind of nervous. I'm considering just buying 40 without my logo and just doing what's working right now until profits allow me to do so. If you have any advice or something to say please do!!! The advice I've gotten here is unreal.

Last edited:

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
It's been a crazy day. Instagram is an amazing tool and I'm realizing more and more how much I can do with it. I'm very outgoing and love to talk so I think doing live how-to videos would be a lot of fun for me and get a lot of peoples attention while interacting and being friendly.

I went on Instagram and joined a guy's live video and told him "You're missing something with your gear" and he looked all around the room and rattled off every single piece of equipment lol. Then I said "You won't be successful tomorrow if you still are missing this..." and he looked confused and said, "Well I don't really know what you're getting at". "You're missing our ________!" He read it and said "THAT IS SLICK AS F*CK!!!! You're an amazing salesman. DM me and I'll have to get one" Checked and someone added to cart so he most likely is a buyer.

Here is how I'm getting 12 sales through my website from one person.

When I got off work today I decided to join an Instagram live session that a guy started while he was doing an activity that relates to my niche. I commented "Why haven't you finished that yet?" and then followed up with "I know why..." and gave it a few seconds. "You're not using our _______." He immediately said that he would buy when he got home and sure enough he did through Amazon. THEN he told his friend who bought 2 and then said if he is satisfied he will buy 10 for all of his friends (150$ profit). All of this happened through Instagram. I ended up talking to the first guy on the phone and getting needs and wants from him and also asking him about the website and what could be improved. This is a ton of fun.

Sold 2 Units during the day on Amazon. Nothing crazy but still can't believe I'm making sales. I only have 8 units left on Amazon and am ordering 30 more to come in next week. I'm also placing an order for 150 units with my logos on them finally which will take a month. I'm so pumped and only want to work harder and harder!!!!

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I sold 6 units today on Amazon and passed my goal of 5 sales in a day!!! It's the craziest feeling. Today I went to the apple orchard with friends, took a nap later, and woke up to find out I sold 6 units. It turns out I'm making $8.20 per sale so I made 49$ today while having a good time and not at work. Now that I've tasted it, I want more. I've been staying up til 2 A.M. almost every night learning and figuring this thing out. I love it and ecommerce is something I think is fun. (Now on to 10 sales in a day) :smuggy:

Ethanhoward35

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 7, 2017
Michigan
I sold 6 units today on Amazon and passed my goal of 5 sales in a day!!! It's the craziest feeling. Today I went to the apple orchard with friends, took a nap later, and woke up to find out I sold 6 units. It turns out I'm making $8.20 per sale so I made 49$ today while having a good time and not at work. Now that I've tasted it, I want more. I've been staying up til 2 A.M. almost every night learning and figuring this thing out. I love it and ecommerce is something I think is fun. (Now on to 10 sales in a day) :smuggy:

keep it up man I'm new here and finishing up unscripted which really opened up my eyes on everything and I'm now "removing my blindfold" hope everything goes well!

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
Good job, man! Addicting, isn't it?!
Thank you!!! It is..extremely. I just got 2 sales from my website while eating and literally said to my dad "this is the most addicting thing"

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I've sold out my 20 units and already have shipped another 27 to Amazon and kept a few for the website (already sold 4). I should have bought more for my website but I'm ordering 20 more tonight for it so if people buy I'll let them know that it's a pre-order because we are out of stock.

I've decided to go on to another product while this keep selling and majorly improve it. I'm down to two products as of right now and have 3000$ to spend aside from the business and the profits from this first product I barely improved. I want a productacracy and not a product I have to keep pushing and hoping will keep selling. I'm still at my job to keep funding my dream and long term goal of removing the need for a job and college.

I just found out my grandpa used to be very into this niche and had a product that a company paid him to have the right to sell but discontinued it years ago. I don't think the company is even around anymore. There's only one person selling this on Amazon and it's sold by the actual company and not Amazon. Their actual website looks like crap and the item is way over-priced. I'm meeting with him tomorrow because he is also very interested in working with me to sell it through my ecommerce website and Amazon. Pumped!!!

Striver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Mar 23, 2017
USA
Now that you see you can get some sales, have you thought about ordering more at a time for a larger price break(IE more profit each)?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.