• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

NOTABLE! Going for it. Ecommerce.

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by JByers210, Aug 10, 2017.

1. JByers210

JByers210 entrepreneur in the making Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    Appreciate it man. I'm going all in with it!!

MattR82 and sparechange like this.
  2. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,911
    Just curious, why did you order 20 units originally?

Was it just to inspect quality of the product?

Was it to test if you could get it to sell on Amazon?

If the first reason, then go ahead and order the 200 pcs. If the 2nd... you should think about waiting to see if they sell before you order the 200 pcs.

Yes, cash flow, you'll need that.

Also, bootstrapping an import business is frustratingly slow. There's lots of downtime where there's not much you can do except wait for shipments to arrive. You might as well be working a job and making some cash during that time.

3. JByers210

JByers210 entrepreneur in the making Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    I got them just for the sake of testing how well they'd sell. I'm going to get pictures and list it asap because I guess it's known that Amazon won't let new FBA sellers sell during the 4th Quarter so I'm also hurrying up so I can have some sales and just make it into this next quarter. Do you think that it matters if the logo is generic and not custom? The actual product and what I'm putting with it is one of if not the best version of this product on Amazon. Thanks for responding and helping out!!

21elnegocio likes this.
  4. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,911
    Amazon customers don't care about logos, generally.

What matters is the product, and having good product pictures.

Roz, Laughingman21 and JByers210 like this.
  5. JByers210

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    Alright, I'll just get photos done for these then and see how these sell. Amazing advice man, thank you!!!! :)

6. JByers210

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    I'm trying to go as fast as I can with the listing process and shipping my product to FBA. My girlfriend's mom is really into and good at photography and is letting me use her lights and whatever else she has at the house. I think she has a green screen, I don't know much about them but I'm assuming I can just take well lit pictures and go on Fiver and have someone do all the work for me and change the background to white. Once that's all done, I need to figure out labels and how to package these and then I'm gold. My friend texted me yesterday saying that someone at his workplace wants to buy it through Amazon because her brother is really into this activity. I have a guaranteed buyer that will leave a review and pay the full price!! No manipulating or using friends and family for reviews!

7. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $48,911
    I always do photography/listing design last.

From when product leaves your house, it can be 2 weeks until you're in stock at amazon, during this time is when I do all the marketing.

You could keep 1 unit for photos and get the rest shipped in asap.

JByers210 likes this.
  8. JByers210

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    I had no idea you could do that. I thought it had to be you list it and then you can ship it to them. I'm going through the seller courses right now so I'm learning as much as I can. Thanks a ton man, you're really helping me out!!!!

9. PTP

PTP Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,338
  10. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $48,911
    You have to make a listing first in order to generate the fnsku labels. Just put bare bones data like a title and price and a upc. You can always change it later.

Fastlane Liam, PTP and JByers210 like this.
  11. JByers210

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    PTP likes this.
  12. JByers210

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    Got it. I'm going to ship it out tomorrow if at all possible or as soon as I can.

13. JByers210

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    I shipped out 16 units of the 20 to Amazon yesterday. Today I set up a Shopify store with basic photos, good description, and a way to pay. Right now my Instagram following is at 400. I haven't used bots yet and am unsure if it's still a good choice from what I'm reading online (I just found out about Instagress and then realized it just got shut down). I'm trying to see if I can sell a couple units on my Shopify store with traffic from Instagram.
    Here is what I need to learn and do:
    • Get better pictures of my product with a better prop
    • Get some content to post this week to my page to get my brand out. Probably will take videos of me using the product and some cool pics of it in use while getting actual product photos.
    • Learn how to use Google Ads and PPC
    • Learn how to use Amazon PPC
    So right now I'm in a predicament. I am miserable. I hate waking up and I hate going to bed because of how bad this job is choking me. I've been trying to keep a positive attitude about it and keep grinding but it's getting to the point where I literally feel numb. I'm going to put my two weeks in. I'll have at least $4000 saved by the time it's all said and done. I've always been good at flipping things and know I can do this without a job. I know this business needs money to make it work so I'll figure out a way to get that money without sacrificing my sanity.

I've loved getting advice from @amp0193 and @PTP , it's been very encouraging and helpful to see guys that are successful at this help a beginner out like me. I'd love any and all advice, comments, or feedback!!!!

PTP, amp0193 and Xeon like this.
  14. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,215
    Most of those services like Instagress and Mass Planner and many others who are still not shut down by IG yet are all crap.
    I tried Instagress in the past, didn't work. There was an initial boost of about 10 followers increase but suddenly stopped after a few days.

I'm now on another service which is US$39 per month. They say they can provide 450 followers monthly but till now, I only see a couple of new followers and that was through my own posts! Their method is to mass-unfollow those that I follow who didn't follow me back (IG has 7500 following limit), then mass-follow again in hope that people will follow back, then mass-unfollow those again and go for a new batch.

What a waste of $$$. Gonna demand a refund after this month.

Midas and JByers210 like this.
  15. maverick

maverick Unorthodox Nonconformist Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,607
    Change your mindset. You're going to work to make money to fund your long term future. There is nothing wrong with doing a sh*t job as long as you're progressing towards your goals. By cutting off your cashflow, you run the risk of stifling your business growth early on.

rogainer, Duane, OmarLopez and 7 others like this.
  16. JByers210

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    Thanks for this. Just saved me money and a bad experience!!

Xeon likes this.
  17. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,215
    One thing I want to add in addition to the above is that, by having a day job, it actually keeps your mind saner in terms of finance.
    You won't be fretting about constantly due to depleting cashflow, and when the mind starts fretting, you end up making a lot of bad decisions.

With a crappy day job funding the fastlane business, you don't need to be on tenterhooks all the time.
    Plus, some crappy day jobs (a lot, actually) offer yearly bonuses, and that's even more $$$ to fund your business!

rogainer, Laughingman21 and JByers210 like this.
  18. JByers210

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    I keep fighting with myself about it but in the end you are 100% right. I need to change the way I'm thinking about this from negative to positive. Thank you for giving me the slap in the face I needed.

Xeon likes this.
  19. JByers210

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    Took photos today with some nice lights and a pro camera my girlfriends mom let us use. Thanks @PTP for telling me about that online tool to white out the background!!!! Super helpful. My products have been received into Amazon and are ready to go. All I need to do is finish my listing and put my pictures up after editing them tonight.

I made my first sale this morning through my Shopify store!!!!!! I got the traffic from my Instagram page (450 followers so far, not much) and got a buyer. I can't explain how pumped I am and how much it's boosting my motivation and making me want to push harder now. I'm craving that next notification with the cash register noise telling me I made a sale :smile:

20. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $48,911
    I f*cking love the cash register sound.

Rep+

You're gonna kill it. Keep it up.

21. JByers210

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    Thank you!!! You've helped me a ton with your advice man. Really appreciate it.

Xeon likes this.
  22. PTP

PTP Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,338
    Heck yeah man!!! Now is when it starts getting fun. The first of many! :moneybag:

JByers210 likes this.
  23. JByers210

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    I've made two more sales through the website since my first. The other 16 units finally are ready to sell on Amazon. If these sell and I keep getting orders through the website, I will proceed to buy 200 units and go 50/50 with Amazon and my Shopify store..unless one seems to be better than the other. I did some thinking this weekend though. I have added value to this product but its not as far as biophase suggests in the hard/easy way of going about it. I literally just buy two of these small items to help offset an issue that other products are having and bundle it together with my product and that's it. If these keep selling I'll keep going with it.

Last week I went boating with some friends and the conversation went towards this new business. One of the guys told me "You should go online on a forum for (my niche) and see what they want". Right after saying that, he told me what he wishes he had and another friend agreed with him saying they hate having to deal with the problems associated with this product they use (These guys are very into this niche and activity). The product is on Amazon with 4 main sellers but it's not what these guys said they'd want it to be and I could definitely make improvements even though they have an average 4.5 star rating. I've found a need through that conversation!!!

Here are my goals for this week
    • Sell the rest of my inventory
    • Learn PPC now that I'm actually selling on Amazon
    • Meet up with my friends and figure out what to improve on the product they were talking about and how it would work.
    • Setup a business bank account
    On a side note, I'm calling a very successful real estate agent tomorrow that I've been put in contact with because of a couple connections. First my dad is friends with him. Second, my girlfriend's millionaire grandparents are working with him to sell their house. He told my dad on the phone he would literally let me shadow him and that if I got into it I could sell under his name. After I found out, I asked how I could get in touch with him, texted him, and offered to pay for both of us to go out so I can talk to him about how I'm in college and working and see what he thinks about getting into this on top of all that. Maybe this could be my way out of the tire shop! I'm very excited about this business and this opportunity to possibly have a mentor that would guide me into real estate.

If you've liked, commented, or given me advice (@PTP @amp0193 @maverick @Xeon ), Thank you so much. When I check my alerts and see that someone would take time out of their day to help me out and give me advice they've learned, it makes my day and pushes me even harder. If anyone has any advice or anything please share it with me. I'm here to learn and I don't act like I know anything. I'll keep posting my progress and how everything is going as much as I can!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  24. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,185
    Admin Post
    Leverage that into a daily FTE. Remember, you're in this for the long haul, so bad jobs are just a means to an end. Not permanent!

Woo hoo congrats!

Well done, your ears are tuned into the frequency of need.

Thanks for the progress thread.

25. JByers210

Rep Bank:
    $3,342
    Thank you MJ!!!! You and your books have changed my life. When I first got my hands on TMF I remember hating having to leave the book down for even a few minutes, it's addicting. As far as the job goes for sure. I am using the job as a FTE every day and it's causing me to stay up til 2 A.M. quite a bit now just working on the business. I plan to be on this forum for a very long time :smile: (This made my day when I saw you commented on my thread!!!)

Xeon likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.