The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Going "All-In" on ONE cryptocurrency... which?

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Which crypto coin is your ALL-IN investment?

• Bitcoin

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Ethereum

Votes: 58 43.6%
  • Monero

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Cardano

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Vechain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Solana

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Lukso

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Litecoin

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Chainlink

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
I don't know much about crypto but hypothetically speaking I see "everyone" losing faith and bailing on bitcoin so that's where I'd put my money.

DST

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Nov 19, 2013
Norway
Luca from DNV GL said "these are not pilot projects either, we are talking about projects that are running and live".

CEO of DNV-GL said specifically they didn't have any exclusive deal with Vechain, but want to test the waters with such companies. He also pointed out they could just as well go with any other company. Feel free to translate DNV-direktøren samarbeider gjerne med kryptoselskap, men kjøper ikke valutaen deres

DNV-GL also already has their own internal blockchain they use. Which makes me thing maybe they just partner with other companies to help them them do the grunt work? Who knows. I bet Luca owns lots of VEN and will try to push that agenda himself. DNV is a huge company and I know they've had a bit of internal cultural struggles after the merging (I wrote my bachelor thesis on them last year)

In addition to Vechain lying about ETH founder being advisor (was on their website three months ago), and being sketchy with Oxford and BMW announcements made me finally skeptical of them in the end. I still managed to x3 my investment after BTC peaked so I'm happy. It's supposed to be a blockchain that brings transparency and trust into supply chains, but aren't doing that themselves in my opinion

Last edited:

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Not sure I follow. How does one person having a ton of wealth mean that said person is controlling the flow of capital?

One person/group owning 5% of the total supply doesn't bother you? (Plus 5% of some of the forks too).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
CEO of DNV-GL said specifically they didn't have any exclusive deal with Vechain, but want to test the waters with such companies. He also pointed out they could just as well go with any other company. Feel free to translate DNV-direktøren samarbeider gjerne med kryptoselskap, men kjøper ikke valutaen deres

DNV-GL also already has their own internal blockchain they use. Which makes me thing maybe they just partner with other companies to help them them do the grunt work? Who knows. I bet Luca owns lots of VEN and will try to push that agenda himself. DNV is a huge company and I know they've had a bit of internal cultural struggles after the merging (I wrote my bachelor thesis on them last year)

In addition to Vechain lying about ETH founder being advisor (was on their website three months ago), and being sketchy with Oxford and BMW announcements made me finally skeptical of them in the end. I still managed to x3 my investment after BTC peaked so I'm happy. It's supposed to be a blockchain that brings transparency and trust into supply chains, but aren't doing that themselves in my opinion

Yeah, I've read that before. He just says hes looking to make a deals with other crypto companies, they aren't exclusive to VeChain.

I mean, there's confirmation on DNV's own website, so it's not some sort of conspiracy.

https://www.dnvgl.com/news/dnv-gl-p...arency-from-the-factory-to-the-consumer-11028

DNV GL launches My Story™ - the blockchain based solution to tell the product’s full story - DNV GL

That Vitalik thing was blown way out of proportion. Vitalik was/is on the advisory board on Fenbushi, and Fenbushi are an investor/advsior to VeChain. The community got way too excited and started to make direct connections when there wasn't any. Don't know why VeChain would lie about that, they have way bigger connections than Vitalik.

But yeah, I guess we will have to agree to disagree, ha! Glad you made a nice return on your investment.

Last edited:

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Despite Bitcoin being my pick; the fact that "Satoshi Nakamoto" still owns 1 million of the coins (as @GoGetter24 mentioned above) is still a major concern of mine.

If bitcoin is to become this world-wide currency used by the masses, how do you feel about the fact that 1 person (or group of persons) owns about 1/17th of the total supply? (Or over 1/20th when they're all mined).

I know It doesn't sit too well with me.

I mean, Isn't bitcoin meant to get away from 1 person and/or group of people being in control of the monetary supply? How does that work when 1 million of 17 million coins is under the control of one entity?

There’s a good chance Satoshi Nakamoto is Hal Finney, who died back in 2014 from ALS.

His body was cryogenically preserved by Alcor, so if science advances to where frozen bodies can be resuscitated, and he’s really Satoshi, then he’ll wake up a multi-trillionaire, or Bitcoin will have been supplanted by that time and only being held by the zealots.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
One person/group owning 5% of the total supply doesn't bother you? (Plus 5% of some of the forks too).

How is that different to today's world among mixed fiats? 1% of the population owns and controls 90%+ of the capital.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
How is that different to today's world among mixed fiats? 1% of the population owns and controls 90%+ of the capital.

Because 70,000,000+ people controlling 90%, is a lot more distributed than 1 person controlling 5% of the total supply.

Just look at the FUD surrounding the Mt Gox trustee, someone who is in control of a very large sum of BTC and BCH (and the other forks), but they control only 160,000 btc or so according to this:

Mt Gox Trustee Sells $400 Million in Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash - CoinDesk
See also:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/effects-of-mt-gox-trustees-400-mln-sale-on-bitcoin-market

The second article says those sales didn't have too much impact on the price of BTC and BCH, but what happens if "Satoshi" decided he wanted to sell an even larger amount?

What if it isn't Hal Finney who created Bitcoin like @Coalission mentioned above, but some crazy a**hole? Would you want one person or a group (likely a small group too) of people in control of 5% of the total supply if they were "evil"? I know I wouldn't.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
What if it isn't Hal Finney who created Bitcoin like @Coalission mentioned above, but some crazy a**hole? Would you want one person or a group (likely a small group too) of people in control of 5% of the total supply if they were "evil"? I know I wouldn't.

Can you explicitly state what power that would give them? How could they exploit that power?

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Can you explicitly state what power that would give them? How could they exploit that power?

Here's an article on the more positive side of the argument you might like to read: How Dangerous is Satoshi Nakamoto?

I'd like to be in that more positive camp too, but what if?

EDIT: also this:

Matt Green, a cryptocurrency professor at Johns Hopkins University, says Nakamoto has the power to tank the currency if he wants to.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/what-if-satoshi-nakamoto-sold-all-his-bitcoin-today

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've edited my original OP to catch more of the spirit of the question of LIVE or DIE.

What was your bias?

Not that I know any better or have any insider secrets, I'd guess VeChain or ETH.

NanoDrake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Feb 25, 2018
Malta
I see people worrying about Satoshi Nakamoto owning 1/20th of the market

well it seems like that 20% of the investors, own 80% of the market value...which reminds me of the sp500 but this is just me being skeptical, someone pass me my metal tin cap

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Here's an article on the more positive side of the argument you might like to read: How Dangerous is Satoshi Nakamoto?

I'd like to be in that more positive camp too, but what if?

EDIT: also this:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/what-if-satoshi-nakamoto-sold-all-his-bitcoin-today

Sounds like fear mongering, to be honest. I don't see any of those scenarios playing out, really. Even if they do, there's so much value intrinsic to Bitcoin that the market would correct, imho.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Now, implicitly, there is the potential for control, simple because 5% is a very large percentage of the total transactions expected in any given day/week. So price manipulation is a concern. Also, potential collusion with others who hold big percentages of the currency.

Those issues seem like, at worst, a cause for a transient (rather than) permanent set of problems.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Sounds like fear mongering, to be honest. I don't see any of those scenarios playing out, really. Even if they do, there's so much value intrinsic to Bitcoin that the market would correct, imho.

FUD? Yeah, I hate it too. But it's there for everyone to see and debate on, and I don't think dismissing it is a great idea. I said I'd pick Bitcoin over the rest, but the 1m Satoshi wallet lingers in the back of my mind.

It also fuels the whole "Ponzi" scheme debate that detracts from the tech that bitcoin has given birth too.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
FUD? Yeah, I hate it too. But it's there for everyone to see and debate on, and I don't think dismissing it is a great idea. I said I'd pick Bitcoin over the rest, but the 1m Satoshi wallet lingers in the back of my mind.

It also fuels the whole "Ponzi" scheme debate that detracts from the tech that bitcoin has given birth too.

Objectively speaking, any impact of something like this would be transient, at best. In the long term scheme of things, it's not a technology killer from what I can tell.

Autobahn1985

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
May 10, 2017
Germany
Yeah, if my life depended on something like a crypto currency, I would go with... (*drumroll*) TRX

Why? Well, it has it's obvious flaws - a CEO that looks and tweets like he is 11 years old, a WP that was (at least in some translations, can't vouch for i.e. chinese version) copy-pasted, no working product really up til now...

But despite all those facts, it has a pretty big market cap, testnet just launched, and in 3 months, when the main net is ready (IF the mainnet is ready...) it could become a pretty big thing in like 3 years... And it could become somewhat "independent" from BTC, seeing all other altcoins rising and diving with the "gold-standard" of cryptospace...

Maybe I am wrong (and dead, in our little thought experiment), but with the upcoming developments, the partnerships, the potential and the overall ecosystem TRX wants to create, that is my pick!

Right now, I am not all in, I have a pretty diversified crypto approach with ICOs, trading bots and long term holds (with a big trx position being one of them), but gun to the head, which one is "the one", I would say trx

Last edited:

Rachel888

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Mar 20, 2018
KY
I might be the only one in this entire thread who feels this way, but does anyone else feel like "investing" in crypto is NOT a good investment / does NOT make sense? (cents? hehe.)

I just don't see currency as a legitimate investment. I've always been very anti-crypto (but also not incredibly well-versed)... I just fundamentally don't see it as a good potential investment.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I might be the only one in this entire thread who feels this way, but does anyone else feel like "investing" in crypto is NOT a good investment / does NOT make sense? (cents? hehe.)

I just don't see currency as a legitimate investment. I've always been very anti-crypto (but also not incredibly well-versed)... I just fundamentally don't see it as a good potential investment.

I think this is a common standpoint by those who don’t understand crypto.

Before I researched exactly how it works (down to how markel trees actually function), I thought it was risky gambling nonsense too.

Now I believe bitcoin will rule the world in 10 years. With that belief, I’d be stupid to not invest. With that belief, I’d rather be wrong and lose my investment than be right and kicking myself in 10 years.

Last edited:

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various

It's beside the point of the thread though. Arguing about the legitimacy of the whole class has been done in detail in other threads.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
It's beside the point of the thread though. Arguing about the legitimacy of the whole class has been done in detail in other threads.

I disagree. IMHO, it's always worthwhile to step back and ask the big picture questions, especially in a thread like this where people may take action as a result of the discussion.

Rachel888

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Mar 20, 2018
KY
I think this is a common standpoint by those who don’t be understand crypto,

Beforehand I researched exactly how it works (down to how markel trees actually function), I thought it was risky gambling nonsense too.

Now I believe bitcoin will rule the world in 10 years. With that belief, I’d be stupid to not invest. With that belief, I’d rather be wrong and lose my investment than be right and kicking myself in 10 years.

Fair enough! :) Thank you for the response!

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
I disagree. IMHO, it's always worthwhile to step back and ask the big picture questions, especially in a thread like this where people may take action as a result of the discussion.
MJ made it clear the purpose of this thread is to answer the specific question put in the OP.

If someone wants to debate / hear the other side of the story, no doubt there are other appropriate threads, and they're welcome to read my screeds in GOLD! - Web 3.0 (Ethereum) is happening, and most people have no idea what it even is.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
MJ made it clear the purpose of this thread is to answer the specific question put in the OP.

If someone wants to debate / hear the other side of the story, no doubt there are other appropriate threads, and they're welcome to read my screeds in GOLD! - Web 3.0 (Ethereum) is happening, and most people have no idea what it even is.
Your link is very useful to someone interested in evaluating their options.

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
Bitcoin, because I consider it a good store of value, something akin to gold, but better.

My "skin in the game" proof is that I will always keep a decent percentage of my life savings in Bitcoin, be it volatile as it may.

I'd rather stomach the occasional reduction in value, than the government's incompetence, that can result in me losing my hard earned cash at any moment.

I was worried about the technical problems it has, scalability, network fees etc. But, it's proven to be an evolving organism, so I expect all the technical issues to be solved in the future.

windchaser

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
May 24, 2017
Spain
Gone, like eToys gone.

Time frame, lets say 5 years.
I was thinking more use case + optimal roak reward. But with this framing of kust existing in 5 years I would be more conservative and change my response to either BTC or ETH, leaning more towards BTC.

If there is a crypto that has proven resilience it is BTC, plus all crypto market is strongly correlated to it, specially when it falls. It is a great store of value and has a super strong branding that I do not see falling apart in 5 years at least (I would say even more and that it will get stronger). In addition, in the coming months and years I believe big institutional will be flowing into the crypto markets and that type of investors love benchmarks, and BTC will be that natural one (another reason to go for BTC).

As for ETH, I love the use case and the team, plus most tokens are based on it (if ETH fails so will such tokens, so it would be stupid to bet on them over ETH in this scenario). I also don't think it is going anywhere in 5 years.

Enviado desde mi SM-G920T mediante Tapatalk

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
I'm already, most of the time, all in Request Network.

It has one of the most professional teams, I'd say top 3 of all coins.

They are pretty low valued still, already have a mainnet with lots of more features/partnerships coming.

For example they now have have a partnership with PwC France, already had it for a few months but just decided to publicize it now, so they are far from announcing announcements XD

And it's not just another payment method, it's a payment ecosystem where lots of more use cases can be build upon other than "PayPal 2.0"

Sparrowhawk

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 20, 2018
Bulgaria
I know that my answer is not 100% accurate according to the thread but if I have to put everything on one thing I will choose gold.

Autobahn1985

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
May 10, 2017
Germany
The next interessting question, and that would be a lot more guessing involved, would be: Given the 2018 market and the situation as is now, in what (upcoming oder ongoing) ICO would you - gun to your head - put all your money in?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.