The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Giving away FREE VALUE to customers

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
How can we provide free value to our customers and make their life better? Some thoughts that come to mind...

Free Youtube videos, they can be educational or entertaining
Giving them free samples/extra product
Holding contests to give away free things, vouchers / gift cards etc
Getting involved in the community (holding events)
Sharing / resharing social media pages for free

This thought came into mind as an idea, what is the value of my own business? Why should people support X brand? Why should someone recommend X brand over Y brand? Can your customer service be such a productacracy it actually is free word of mouth marketing?

When is the last time you as a customer were treated like royalty, and vice versa?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AriAzran

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 15, 2020
Israel
How can we provide free value to our customers and make their life better? Some thoughts that come to mind...

Free Youtube videos, they can be educational or entertaining
Giving them free samples/extra product
Holding contests to give away free things, vouchers / gift cards etc
Getting involved in the community (holding events)
Sharing / resharing social media pages for free

This thought came into mind as an idea, what is the value of my own business? Why should people support X brand? Why should someone recommend X brand over Y brand? Can your customer service be such a productacracy it actually is free word of mouth marketing?

When is the last time you as a customer were treated like royalty, and vice versa?
Hey! I think people overcomplicate the concept of 'Value'. If your customers's life is a little bit better because of your product/service - you did well. Of course there are a few rare businesses that impact people lives in life changing ways, but most of us are not that. I myself have a wish to become one of those few, but for now I don't have that impact. What type of business do you run ?

D

Deleted78083

Philosophically, for something to be free, it needs to be available in unlimited quantity. I guess that is the idea behind the freemium business plan. Otherwise, from an economic point of view, no one has any interest to be given something "for free".

But yeah, youtube vid, pdf, samples...if your product is awesome, giving it for free is an investment.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Hey! I think people overcomplicate the concept of 'Value'. If your customers's life is a little bit better because of your product/service - you did well. Of course there are a few rare businesses that impact people lives in life changing ways, but most of us are not that. I myself have a wish to become one of those few, but for now I don't have that impact. What type of business do you run ?

My business is product based. I would like to use proceeds to further change the world.

AriAzran

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 15, 2020
Israel
My business is product based. I would like to use proceeds to further change the world.
That's awesome. I sell physical products. I just saw a subscription based 'healthy snacks' online store a few hours ago that donates a few dollars for hungry kids with every purchase. I guess that's the type of thing you mean. I myself plan to do the same with war veterans in the US since my audience is Patriotic Americans, so it makes sense with my brand. Many ways to have a positive impact on people. Small things matter, too.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
That's awesome. I sell physical products. I just saw a subscription based 'healthy snacks' online store a few hours ago that donates a few dollars for hungry kids with every purchase. I guess that's the type of thing you mean. I myself plan to do the same with war veterans in the US since my audience is Patriotic Americans, so it makes sense with my brand. Many ways to have a positive impact on people. Small things matter, too.

Yeh I like that kind of thing

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Create a Contrast based Content like Before & After you know like in fitness gym: Before with a chubby/fat pic and After with a Tonned Muscle pic.
When you do this, it creates a mental trigger in the audience's mind. Thanks to old school Jeff Walker uncle in his book: The Product Launch.

knz

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Apr 6, 2020
In my business:
- Free training/webinar
- Free 5-step pdf
- Free mini module
- Free Facebook Community group in which we share news, answer questions etc. At the same time we ask the group to fill in a questionnaire recently, and help us with deciding about the design and picture of the folder we're working on. This way, they also feel like they're building with you, they're part of the story of the business.
- Giving away free tickets (often for speaking engagements I have, or events that I get free tickets from)
- Giving away free products (we do that like every new 100 people joining the group)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.