The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Freelancer making $140K/yr, how to double or triple?

Unleashed

New Contributor
Jan 7, 2019
I'm currently a freelancer who's earning 140k $ per year. However i'm working from 9 to 5 for one major client.

How can i use this income to my advantage and double it, triple it, or even quadruple it?

Hint: I do have spare time at my workplace to browse over the internet so i can actually do what i want.

I'm also free after 5 pm and on the weekends. I've been thinking of importing stuff from china, selling on amazon, running a web shop,...

I have 0 experience in that kind of stuff though. And i'm not sure if that's really what i want to do as a side hustle. I want the biggest bang for my buck...

MJ said in his book time is money. So in other words i want to get the most buck out of my time.

So i want to think larger. How can i use the income i have now and double it, triple it, and even quadruple it?

I wish i was a hustling expert with mass of experience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
Can you outsource your work? Get more clients and outsource that work? Also, at $140k/year, what are your expenses? If you keep your expenses low, you can invest a huge chunk of that money into something like real estate and begin building up passive income.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
  • Banned

Unleashed

New Contributor
Jan 7, 2019
I just want to delete this whole thread. Don't you guys get when it's not an option???

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
You act like we hurt you. We're just giving you advice. Whether you want it or not that's up to you.

So why are those "not options"? What options do you have?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I had one main client once that I went onsite to. It feels a lot like a job.

Can you get any other clients in the evening, providing the same service as is currently bringing in your $140k/year?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’ve started a discussion here that you might find interesting:

scottmsul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Apr 29, 2017
Boulder, CO
Can you automate any of the tasks associated with your freelancing? Maybe turn it into some kind of SaaS?

BLIM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
May 24, 2018
Singapore
I'm currently a freelancer who's earning 140k $ per year. However i'm working from 9 to 5 for one major client.

How can i use this income to my advantage and double it, triple it, or even quadruple it?

Hint: I do have spare time at my workplace to browse over the internet so i can actually do what i want.

I'm also free after 5 pm and on the weekends. I've been thinking of importing stuff from china, selling on amazon, running a web shop,...

I have 0 experience in that kind of stuff though. And i'm not sure if that's really what i want to do as a side hustle. I want the biggest bang for my buck...

MJ said in his book time is money. So in other words i want to get the most buck out of my time.

So i want to think larger. How can i use the income i have now and double it, triple it, and even quadruple it?

you always can start droshipping ifyou want some extra cash... the other who give you advice also right. so you can focus on expertise

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
Apparently you need to figure out the answer on your own.

I don't understand how you "can not" invest in real estate? Are you spending all $140k? If so, cut your expenses. Live off $40k and invest $100k (yes, I know you have taxes, just giving an example). Your thinking is flawed. You're trying to trade your time for money. Make your money work for you. You CAN double your money in real estate. I'm invested as a passive investor (literally all I've done is analyze the deal and wired the money) in an apartment complex. We're looking to sell late this summer, or early fall, and all passive investors will have doubled their money with the sale (2 years after the purchase).

Unleashed

New Contributor
Jan 7, 2019
Apparently you need to figure out the answer on your own.

I don't understand how you "can not" invest in real estate? Are you spending all $140k? If so, cut your expenses. Live off $40k and invest $100k (yes, I know you have taxes, just giving an example). Your thinking is flawed. You're trying to trade your time for money. Make your money work for you. You CAN double your money in real estate. I'm invested as a passive investor (literally all I've done is analyze the deal and wired the money) in an apartment complex. We're looking to sell late this summer, or early fall, and all passive investors will have doubled their money with the sale (2 years after the purchase).

Look mate you should mind your own business. When i'm telling you i can't, i can't. I know how to run my financial affaires. If you think that is the problem it's not. So stop pushing on the real estate subject and proceed with another option. And FYI i already invested in real estate.

Last edited:

Unleashed

New Contributor
Jan 7, 2019
I had one main client once that I went onsite to. It feels a lot like a job.

Can you get any other clients in the evening, providing the same service as is currently bringing in your $140k/year?

Possibly yeah. But do i want to? Problem is if my day client already feels like a job... Why pick an additional client that will also feel like a job. I would pretty much have 2 jobs and that would end up with a stressful and boring lifestyle. I would prefer working for myself, building a new plan, than to work for someone else.

Unleashed

New Contributor
Jan 7, 2019
you always can start droshipping ifyou want some extra cash... the other who give you advice also right. so you can focus on expertise

Yes possible idea that is appealing to me but where do i start? I never did it and have no idea of what items i could dropship. I spend some days browsing on websites like alibaba for some ideas's. Like i said i have a lot of free time during my dayjob. So i could do a lot of stuff on the web.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX

The best way to gain experience in something that you want to do is to go out and do it. Trading time for money in your case is working pretty well, but you want to take it to the next level. Read my fundamental question thread that's linked in my signature.

After that, figure out what it is you want, a lifestyle business or an enterprise, and then build something that provides value to the customer. The thing is that there isn't any one way you can get the biggest bang for your buck. You just have to try things and solve needs.

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
Look mate you should mind your own business. When i'm telling you i can't, i can't. I know how to run my financial affaires. If you think that is the problem it's not. So stop pushing on the real estate subject and proceed with another option. And FYI i already invested in real estate.

Really dude?! You asked for advice, now you don't want it? Good luck.

Unleashed

New Contributor
Jan 7, 2019
The best way to gain experience in something that you want to do is to go out and do it. Trading time for money in your case is working pretty well, but you want to take it to the next level. Read my fundamental question thread that's linked in my signature.

After that, figure out what it is you want, a lifestyle business or an enterprise, and then build something that provides value to the customer. The thing is that there isn't any one way you can get the biggest bang for your buck. You just have to try things and solve needs.

Yes i already read your thread. And i must say i answered yes on most of the questions in both lifestyles. So i guess i'm a hybrid person that can do lifestyle and enterprise business.

Unleashed

New Contributor
Jan 7, 2019
Really dude?! You asked for advice, now you don't want it? Good luck.

Dude? You didn't get my last post did you. You are the one who's pushing here. You're the one who wants his last word. Better remove that profile pic and stop smoking if that's the case. Apparently your advice is not helpful and you keep trying. I'm not interested in it. I hope you understand that.

Last edited:

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
Look man, I was trying to be helpful, and so is everyone else here. I'm not sure what the deal is with your attitude. If you come to a public forum and ask for advice, you're going to get all kinds. If you don't like it, fine, just move on. You don't need to get upset with the person who's just trying to be helpful.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Id invest in self improvement including counseling, and finding a way to balance yourself. You have a get rich quick type of attitude and are not willing to accept you have serious limitations and problem dealing with others that will always keep you down no matter how much your double or triple your money.

Unleashed

New Contributor
Jan 7, 2019
Look man, I was trying to be helpful, and so is everyone else here. I'm not sure what the deal is with your attitude. If you come to a public forum and ask for advice, you're going to get all kinds. If you don't like it, fine, just move on. You don't need to get upset with the person who's just trying to be helpful.

You don't get it. Re-read what i said in my posts. You keep pushing and are surprised you get people "upset". I am not upset if that's what you think. You are the one that has to move on.

Unleashed

New Contributor
Jan 7, 2019
Id invest in self improvement including counseling, and finding a way to balance yourself. You have a get rich quick type of attitude and are not willing to accept you have serious limitations and problem dealing with others that will always keep you down no matter how much your double or triple your money.

I'm an idiot, please forgive me.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.