The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free website designer services?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
WordPress + Elementor is completely free and works really well on most of the site's I've used it on. There is a pro version for Elementor, but it's not required.

Anything you do with WordPress will require you to get some sort of hosting. I prefer SiteGround. There are cheaper options, but SiteGround will only cost you like $5/month more for 20x better service.

Non affiliate links:
Elementor
SiteGround

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Grahamn117

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Sep 6, 2019
United Kingdom
WordPress + Elementor is completely free and works really well on most of the site's I've used it on. There is a pro version for Elementor, but it's not required.

Anything you do with WordPress will require you to get some sort of hosting. I prefer SiteGround. There are cheaper options, but SiteGround will only cost you like $5/month more for 20x better service.

Non affiliate links:
Elementor
SiteGround

Thank you!

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Its not completely free, but WordPress + the Divi theme is quite cool. Its super-easy to use, and you can do a lot with it.
I agree! Wordpress + Divi is fantastic - has lots of pre-made themes, which can be customized extensively. I found it way easier to work with than elementor builder.

Grahamn117

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Sep 6, 2019
United Kingdom
I don't think I am technological literate enough to utilise WordPress. So, I'm going to give it a go with Wix.

I may eventually learn code...but cba with that now lol

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I don't think I am technological literate enough to utilise WordPress. So, I'm going to give it a go with Wix.

I’m a potato when it comes to skill level designing websites and I built my whole site on Wordpress without any help.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019

I was the same (actually still am). The cool thing with the wordpress + divi builder is that you already have a pre-built template (for over 50 industries), with all pages, sections done. For a basic site you can just swap the content, images and minor design aspects, but if you want to build your own site it's as simple as: "add text section", "add image" - drag & drop, click setting to change sizes, colors etc. I might sound like I'm promoting divi, maybe (even though I'm definitely not connected in any way), but for begginers it's a fantastic tool!

Grahamn117

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Sep 6, 2019
United Kingdom
I was the same (actually still am). The cool thing with the wordpress + divi builder is that you already have a pre-built template (for over 50 industries), with all pages, sections done. For a basic site you can just swap the content, images and minor design aspects, but if you want to build your own site it's as simple as: "add text section", "add image" - drag & drop, click setting to change sizes, colors etc. I might sound like I'm promoting divi, maybe (even though I'm definitely not connected in any way), but for begginers it's a fantastic tool!

Does the divi builder come with Wordpress when you sign up or is it a separate entity ?

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
I found it way easier to work with than elementor builder.

Really? I thought elementor is the easiest one to use. Also, what do you think of Beaver Builder and Thrive Architect?

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018

Not just because I'm biased (I work with WordPress daily), but in general WordPress is easier to use than Wix. I'll admit, when starting out, WIX is much easier. But once you decide to do any customizations, WordPress wins hands down.

Using WordPress doesn't require any code or experience. The #1 challenge in my opinion is creating the first draft of your site when starting with a theme. So, I'd recommend starting with a theme that also has template sites. I'm sure there are others, but Zakra has served me well (Zakra - Free MultiPurPose WordPress Theme for 2019). Zakra will give your entire site dummy content so you're not staring at a blank screen.

Grahamn117

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Sep 6, 2019
United Kingdom
Not just because I'm biased (I work with WordPress daily), but in general WordPress is easier to use than Wix. I'll admit, when starting out, WIX is much easier. But once you decide to do any customizations, WordPress wins hands down.

Using WordPress doesn't require any code or experience. The #1 challenge in my opinion is creating the first draft of your site when starting with a theme. So, I'd recommend starting with a theme that also has template sites. I'm sure there are others, but Zakra has served me well (Zakra - Free MultiPurPose WordPress Theme for 2019). Zakra will give your entire site dummy content so you're not staring at a blank screen.

Awesome, that's great! Thanks for your input. I'll be sure to check it out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.