The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

W/S: PLATFORMS Free website designer services?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Grahamn117

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 6, 2019
United Kingdom
I've acquired Wix.com to my arsenal, but was wondering if anyone new of any better ones?

Preferably free too!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 13, 2018
WordPress + Elementor is completely free and works really well on most of the site's I've used it on. There is a pro version for Elementor, but it's not required.

Anything you do with WordPress will require you to get some sort of hosting. I prefer SiteGround. There are cheaper options, but SiteGround will only cost you like $5/month more for 20x better service.

Non affiliate links:
Elementor
SiteGround

OP
OP
Grahamn117

Grahamn117

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 6, 2019
United Kingdom
WordPress + Elementor is completely free and works really well on most of the site's I've used it on. There is a pro version for Elementor, but it's not required.

Anything you do with WordPress will require you to get some sort of hosting. I prefer SiteGround. There are cheaper options, but SiteGround will only cost you like $5/month more for 20x better service.

Non affiliate links:
Elementor
SiteGround
Thank you!

Devilery

Contributor
Feb 11, 2019
Its not completely free, but WordPress + the Divi theme is quite cool. Its super-easy to use, and you can do a lot with it.
I agree! Wordpress + Divi is fantastic - has lots of pre-made themes, which can be customized extensively. I found it way easier to work with than elementor builder.

OP
OP
Grahamn117

Grahamn117

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 6, 2019
United Kingdom
I don't think I am technological literate enough to utilise WordPress. So, I'm going to give it a go with Wix.

I may eventually learn code...but cba with that now lol

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I don't think I am technological literate enough to utilise WordPress. So, I'm going to give it a go with Wix.

I’m a potato when it comes to skill level designing websites and I built my whole site on Wordpress without any help.

Devilery

Contributor
Feb 11, 2019

I was the same (actually still am). The cool thing with the wordpress + divi builder is that you already have a pre-built template (for over 50 industries), with all pages, sections done. For a basic site you can just swap the content, images and minor design aspects, but if you want to build your own site it's as simple as: "add text section", "add image" - drag & drop, click setting to change sizes, colors etc. I might sound like I'm promoting divi, maybe (even though I'm definitely not connected in any way), but for begginers it's a fantastic tool!

OP
OP
Grahamn117

Grahamn117

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 6, 2019
United Kingdom
I was the same (actually still am). The cool thing with the wordpress + divi builder is that you already have a pre-built template (for over 50 industries), with all pages, sections done. For a basic site you can just swap the content, images and minor design aspects, but if you want to build your own site it's as simple as: "add text section", "add image" - drag & drop, click setting to change sizes, colors etc. I might sound like I'm promoting divi, maybe (even though I'm definitely not connected in any way), but for begginers it's a fantastic tool!
Does the divi builder come with Wordpress when you sign up or is it a separate entity ?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 13, 2018

Not just because I'm biased (I work with WordPress daily), but in general WordPress is easier to use than Wix. I'll admit, when starting out, WIX is much easier. But once you decide to do any customizations, WordPress wins hands down.

Using WordPress doesn't require any code or experience. The #1 challenge in my opinion is creating the first draft of your site when starting with a theme. So, I'd recommend starting with a theme that also has template sites. I'm sure there are others, but Zakra has served me well (Zakra - Free MultiPurPose WordPress Theme for 2019). Zakra will give your entire site dummy content so you're not staring at a blank screen.

OP
OP
Grahamn117

Grahamn117

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 6, 2019
United Kingdom
Not just because I'm biased (I work with WordPress daily), but in general WordPress is easier to use than Wix. I'll admit, when starting out, WIX is much easier. But once you decide to do any customizations, WordPress wins hands down.

Using WordPress doesn't require any code or experience. The #1 challenge in my opinion is creating the first draft of your site when starting with a theme. So, I'd recommend starting with a theme that also has template sites. I'm sure there are others, but Zakra has served me well (Zakra - Free MultiPurPose WordPress Theme for 2019). Zakra will give your entire site dummy content so you're not staring at a blank screen.
Awesome, that's great! Thanks for your input. I'll be sure to check it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock