The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free Marketing Materials from Alex Hormozi... Legit?

Guru
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I don’t think he even needs to say he has nothing to sell. He mentions it at the start of each video like a catch phrase. I think he can come up with a different catch phrase. I don’t mind if he has something to sell either.
I agree and just feel like he's lying when he says that all the time. That's why I pointed out what he does sell.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
I agree and just feel like he's lying when he says that all the time. That's why I pointed out what he does sell.

I believe he said 99 cents is the lowest you can charge for a kindle. And (by benefit of the doubt) he probably sells his hard copies at cost with them being such a weird number. From what MJ has said about the cost of selling hard copies of his book, those costs seem pretty accurate for what it costs to sell at cost.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I believe he said 99 cents is the lowest you can charge for a kindle. And (by benefit of the doubt) he probably sells his hard copies at cost with them being such a weird number. From what MJ has said about the cost of selling hard copies of his book, those costs seem pretty accurate for what it costs to sell at cost.
I’ve sold a book through the KDP program before, and no, that is not at cost. And he’s not using KDP for his hard copies - but it would be dumb if he was using something that cost more. Usually doing anything in house is extra work that means some benefit.

It’s a pointless argument anyway, because there is NOTHING WRONG with selling something.

Just odd when you constantly say you have nothing to sell lol

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thread moved to GURU section...

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Thread moved to GURU section...

I miss his longer winded videos, he's gotten really in to just posting shorts which are just his tweets read aloud. I found his 15+ min videos a lot more valuable but he doesn't post them nearly as often.

I think now that the contents our there he is just trying to be more known like GC.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I miss his longer winded videos, he's gotten really in to just posting shorts which are just his tweets read aloud. I found his 15+ min videos a lot more valuable but he doesn't post them nearly as often.
That's the social media game unfortunately.

They post mostly shorts because most people's attention spans are so short that they won't sit through a valuable 15 minute video so they resort to putting as much info into -30 second clips as possible.

Things were bad before but TikTok amplified this even more.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I think now that the contents our there he is just trying to be more known like GC.
Maybe check out his podcast.

Social media is more for discovery I think, and then podcasts, newsletters, etc are more for developing a relationship with people who’ve discovered and like you.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Social media is more for discovery I think, and then podcasts, newsletters, etc are more for developing a relationship with people who’ve discovered and like you.
I remember a Tweet that basically said, "Social Media is a Billboard" and not to expect a ton of valuable content on it.

Newsletters, forums, podcasts, private groups etc is where the real info is.

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
704%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
I haven't read his material, but I've heard some good things about this dude.
I've read his stuff and I was part of a little mastermind he ran for a while. He's a smart guy and he's brutally honest and genuine. Not unlike MJ. The content/media he's putting out there is his effort to grow his "fame currency."

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022

pnbmf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 22, 2013
I've watched all the free videos

what I like is the way he explains that our offer should look easy for prospects to buy/execute

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
"I have always lived by the mantra, “Create flow. Monetize flow. Then add friction.” This means I generate demand first. Then, with my offer, I get them to say yes. Once I have people saying yes, then, and only then, will I add friction in my marketing, or decide to offer less for the same price." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)
Looks like he is in the create flow part of his three part mantra. :)

Stepan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Sep 17, 2022
Russia
Love this guy! His way as he explained it is: "Give the secrets for free, charge for implementation. And when others say: "this guy's free content is better than the one I paid for" that's when people start buying.

He also has a podcast on Audible, called "The game"

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 30, 2023

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 12, 2012
"Give the secrets for free, charge for implementation. And when others say: "this guy's free content is better than the one I paid for" that's when people start buying.
Gary Vee 101

Don't forget to charge six figures for speaking gigs

AndreiR

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Aug 30, 2017
Toronto, ON, CAN
I did some digging after his webinar and found rumors of a shady history. I still find 100M offers and 100M leads very valuable, but that has little to do with the fact that much of his history may be faked:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12yUOGHtHY&ab_channel=Sopvg

The single YouTube video I could find on him that isn't positive.

Note: These are simply claims- not truth. I haven't done further research into this because I'm just going to take the good and leave the bad. But I think this forum agrees with me that we shouldn't create an echo chamber around how amazing someone is.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 20, 2023
I did some digging after his webinar and found rumors of a shady history. I still find 100M offers and 100M leads very valuable, but that has little to do with the fact that much of his history may be faked:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12yUOGHtHY&ab_channel=Sopvg

The single YouTube video I could find on him that isn't positive.

Note: These are simply claims- not truth. I haven't done further research into this because I'm just going to take the good and leave the bad. But I think this forum agrees with me that we shouldn't create an echo chamber around how amazing someone is.
I feel like I’ve seen and heard (on various podcast) from to many people who either worked for Gym Launch or had a gym that hired him and all said he’s legit. Idk.

If he’s really losing money in his social media efforts, he has clearly made money somewhere to have a multi million dollar house and/or a place that cost 16k a month in rent.

I’m sure he’s embellished some shit and had some shady business stuff (I remember seeing another video on some of the first gyms he opened and those are bad) but I feel like if he was a legit fraud there would be more proof than some papers with his name on them that doesn’t say much.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.