The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For a Internet Storefront Blog-vs-Website who wins?

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Hello Forum,

I'm working on a launch hopefully, in 60 days.

I am going to launch, "Social Connections LLC".

I will use Mainstreethost as a vendor and Wyoming Corporation to form the LLC.

The business model is," Social Media Services." category I will be under.

I have a strong web presence with 13+years experience in Social Networking.

I have had minimal success with cookie cutter websites earned some income but nothing to write home about.

Poor success with Articles and Blogging.<no surprise here> but keeping a upper chin and focused on the + .

Question is: Do I just use social media, or should I hire a freelancer to put out a website or blog for me? It is about efficiency, productivity and progress. I do not want to regress so, open-minded .

Comments encouraged please, and thank you very much.

~Ronnie

1) Get something built

2) Learn Google Analytics.

This is as far as I have gotten on steps to get to that third stair and have a specialized unit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
.Question is, do I just use social media? or should I hire a freelancer to put out a website or blog for me?
If you cant do it find the best and have them do it.
Yes social media is the way for you to go now. (especially since you have built up a following for 13 years)
Have excellent COPY (@Lex DeVille) and proper SEO google ads and analytics @Andy Black and you should be good

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do you guys mean Google Analytics or Google Ads?

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
well since OP is open minded, just to cover his bases I was referring to both just tagged your name for knowledge and brain dumps in adwords)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The original:
Hello, Forum working on a launch hopefully, in 60 days. I am going to launch, "Social Connections LLC " I will use Mainstreethost as a vendor , use Wyoming Corporation to form the LLC the business model is," Social Media Services." category I will be under. I have a strong web presence with 13+years experience in Social Networking. I have had minimal success with cookie cutter websites earned some income but nothing to write home about. Poor success with Articles and Blogging.<no surprise here> but keeping a upper chin and focused on the + .Question is, do I just use social media? or should I hire a freelancer to put out a website or blog for me? It is about efficiency, productivity and progress. I do not want to regress so, open-minded . Comments Encouraged Please, and thank you very much.~Ronnie 1.) Get something built 2.) Learn Google Analytics. This is as far as I have gotten on steps to get to that third stair and have a specialized unit.

Amended:
Hello Forum,

I have had minimal success with cookie cutter websites earned some income but nothing to write home about.

Poor success with Articles and Blogging.<no surprise here> but keeping a upper chin and focused on the + .

Question is: Do I just use social media, or should I hire a freelancer to put out a website or blog for me? It is about efficiency, productivity and progress. I do not want to regress so, open-minded .

~Ronnie

1) Get something built

This is as far as I have gotten on steps to get to that third stair and have a specialized unit.

@Ronnie Bryan ... I added whitespace for you. If you want people to read to the end then make it easier for them to skim.

Last edited:

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Hello Forum,

~Ronnie

1) Get something built

Thank you,@Andy Black

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
The original:

Amended:

@Ronnie Bryan ... I've quoted your original post here. I'll add whitespace for you. If you want people to read to the end then make it easier for them to skim.
Got you, hard to do with a cellphone in the process of building a new system. It should be finished the end of this month. Spacing words and not clustering them.Trust me I even have a writing app.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Google Analytics
Ok. I'm curious... How does that fit into your social media services?

Who are you planning to help, what are you planning to help them with, and how?

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Got you, hard to do with a cellphone in the process of building a new system. It should be finished the end of this month. Spacing words and not clustering them.Trust me I even have a writing app.
My computer got static electricity damage been down almost 60 days.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Ok. I'm curious... How does that fit into your social media services?

Who are you planning to help, what are you planning to help them with, and how?
I looked on Indeed at social media representatives it was a listed skillset for that title. Decided maybe, I need to learn adwords and analytics at least be familiar with them. Got a kindle book on adwords and a PDF on Analytics.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
I looked on Indeed at social media representatives it was a listed skillset for that title. Decided maybe, I need to learn adwords and analytics at least be familiar with them. Got a kindle book on adwords and a PDF on Analytics.
Target is small companies and non-profit I am using Mainstreethost as a vendor outsourcing most of the work. I get networking, and learned enough about marketing to know outsource it.=)@Andy Black

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
You can publish case studies of previous projects to social media or a linktree just as easily as publishing to your own website, so to me hiring someone to build a site is way overkill at this point.

My advice would be to do whatever you can to become profitable first BEFORE spending money on a website and registering things with the government.

Maybe you can start selling your services on Upwork to generate initial feedback/proof of concept?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Can you eliminate and focus more?

I don't log into Google Analytics and have no interest in doing so. I just do Google Ads, and just for lead gen, and just ads on Google itself.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Target is small companies and non-profit I am using Mainstreethost as a vendor outsourcing most of the work. I get networking, and learned enough about marketing to know outsource it.=)@Andy

Target is small companies and non-profit I am using Mainstreethost as a vendor outsourcing most of the work. I get networking, and learned enough about marketing to know outsource it.=)@Andy Black
The How. is a long list but let's just say the help is getting eyeballs on them. The partner company is very good at directing traffic to landing pages.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Can you eliminate and focus more?

I don't log into Google Analytics and have no interest in doing so. I just do Google Ads, and just for lead gen, and just ads on Google itself.
Yes, sir thank you. Was just a distraction.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hold up.

You want to wait to build a website, so you can sell social media services that you don't actually provide and instead will white label though another company?

And you are here asking for marketing advice? Do I have this right?
  1. You are not building a business, you are building a job. The job of salesman.
  2. Regarding 1, that's ok as long as you at some point bring things under your actual control. Or else, you are just building someone else's fastlane. You are taking on all the headache. I hope you are well compensated.
  3. You don't need a website to sell. You need to talk to prospects.
You know social media marketing already, so use that to marketing yourself and close some deals. I know people in social media who haven't had a website in over ten years.

They get referred their clients, walk in a room, display expertise, close the deal, execute well for the client, get referred to client's friend and the cycle continues.

It all starts with the first client. Don't wait, execute.

learned enough about marketing to know outsource it

If that's what you've learned, I think life has some more lessons to teach you. Good luck.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
You can publish case studies of previous projects to social media or a linktree just as easily as publishing to your own website, so to me hiring someone to build a site is way overkill at this point.

My advice would be to do whatever you can to become profitable first BEFORE spending money on a website and registering things with the government.

Maybe you can start selling your services on Upwork to generate initial feedback/proof of concept?
I thought of doing a couple probono jobs initially use their references and review to draw in more people.Then,reach out to my list.and build a little more like laying bricks.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Hold up.

You want to wait to build a website, so you can sell social media services that you don't actually provide and instead will white label though another company?

And you are here asking for marketing advice? Do I have this right?
  1. You are not building a business, you are building a job. The job of salesman.
  2. Regarding 1, that's ok as long as you at some point bring things under your actual control. Or else, you are just building someone else's fastlane. You are taking on all the headache. I hope you are well compensated.
  3. You don't need a website to sell. You need to talk to prospects.
You know social media marketing already, so use that to marketing yourself and close some deals. I know people in social media who haven't had a website in over ten years.

They get referred their clients, walk in a room, display expertise, close the deal, execute well for the client, get referred to client's friend and the cycle continues.

It all starts with the first client. Don't wait, execute.

If that's what you've learned, I think life has some more lessons to teach you. Good luck.
Going through another company is the plan,using services they provide . This is no different than being an affiliate marketer. except the goal is to be a partner have my own company but utilize the bigger companies resources.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Going through another company is the plan,using services they provide . This is no different than being an affiliate marketer. except the goal is to be a partner have my own company but utilize the bigger companies resources.
The blog or website was just planning away they could pay in advance.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
I know social networking well. Marketing is a different thing all together. I have done promoted and earned income for some online companies. LIFEPLUS INTERNATIONAL one example. DIRECT COMPANIES like Direct TV and Vector Marketing. The task at hand is to promote ME not mainstreethost. Ie the company is Social Connections just utilizing the services they provide? Understand. Speeds things up otherwise I wear all the hats and have to employ people. That is planned but not at the start.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
The task at hand is to promote ME not mainstreethost.
This is no different than being an affiliate marketer. except the goal is to be a partner have my own company but utilize the bigger companies resources.

It is different.

The affiliate marketer often doesn't care if the stuff he recommends is good or not. He'll find the next person to go buy the thing, and he doesn't have clients to answer to.

If you click on an affiliate link then buy something and get scammed, you get mad at the person to scammed you, not the affiliate.

But in this case, you're putting your reputation on the line. What's your social network going to think when they ask a real social media related question and you have to get on the phone with Main Street just to answer it?

You're hoping that Main Street can come through. I'm sure they told you all kinds of things about how good they are and how many other people they help.

But that doesn't mean you know the first thing about setting expectations with your clients.

You want the clients to be yours, you need to have the knowledge and credibility. You need to have know how, and right now your attitude is Main Street has all the know-how that you need.

I mean, you are talking about offering pro bono work.

But Main Street will still need to be paid. Are they giving pro bono work?

So now you're going to be paying for other people's marketing efforts.

The affiliate marketer doesn't pay for people to try a company's products.

So much of what you're talking about in this thread just doesn't make sense. At best it is idealistic. At worst, it's nonsensical.

You want to build a business? Then build a business. Develop a skill that you can charge people for. Giving pro bono work has a way to get your foot in the door when you're going to be the one fulfilling the service makes a lot of sense.

But that's different than the plan you've laid out.

You don't even have any respect for the services that you're going to be offering.

Here's a question people will ask you.

If you're so good at social media, why don't you do your own social media to get clients?

How are you going to answer that?

Seriously, just go get a commission job selling internet marketing services. At least you'll be paid to learn...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.