The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fitness Goal... Reward.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
What do yall think? I will post progress on this forum!

I think it's great! Being fit is rewarding in too many ways to enlist.

Do measure progress. Consider taking a "before" pic, so you can compare it with "after" pic once you're there.

As I'm no expert by any means, I won't dare to give out any advice. But I do workout my whole life, and have tried many things. What has given me the most amazing results ever is this guy (no affiliation):

Official Web Site of Actor / Model Greg Plitt

I'm extremely satisfied with the transformation I'm going through, this guy walks the walk and covers in his own unique way all necessary aspects: workout, nutrition, supplements, rest.

What I love about the site is that he doesn't give you a one-size-fits-all program, but rather he educates you, letting you come up with what makes most sense for yourself. There's lots of teaser videos on YT so you can see how it is inside the site.

I workout hard all my life, but following this guy I finally started doing so in educated way, with proper nutrition and rest, and results are crazy.

Irony - I hate it when people recommend "gurus" like this, I just felt strong this is worth sharing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I'll join you. 233 lbs a few weeks ago (I took pictures to look at my progress), now 211. Did intermittent fasting (22 hours fast, 2 hours eating window), caloric deficit (1500 per day) and 3x heavy lifting + some light cardio per week. Didn't follow my plan for the last 2,5 weeks though because some things went crazy in my business and I had trouble adjusting to it. I'm getting back on track starting next wednesday (currently at home). Will think about a goal and reward!

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Mark's Daily Apple updates and book The Primal Blueprint are great resources. also Eating for your Blood type and The PH Diet. These together are pretty comprehensive.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
1000 Calories today. I worked off 500 of them according to the treadmill. I wonder what my maintenance level is. It definitely isn't 500.

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
1000 Calories today. I worked off 500 of them according to the treadmill. I wonder what my maintenance level is. It definitely isn't 500.

My stats are about the same as you. 5'10 - but I'm around 200lbs. 1000 calories is nowhere close to consuming enough man.

You've got to be at around 1500 calories or so depending on how much you work out.

Personally, carbs have been the killer for me. When I have a week when I let my diet slip and just eat bread, pasta etc - the weight just crawls back up and I feel disgusted. I usually eat vegetables and protein to make up my 1500 cals most days.

Jamillah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 23, 2012
CO
This is a great thread, a big motivator!
What's your favorite exercise routine? What keeps you going? I have noticed that I have to change things up every month or two, or I get bored with it. I tried kickboxing with weights a few months ago and I really like it, it's fun :)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I would like the weight loss to be over with quicker honestly. I want to get back to maintaining weight as fast as possible. Diets suck.

What keeps me going is the thought that if I can't do it now I will probably never be able to do it. I always have this image in my mind of a very healthy me that works out every day and looks great, it is always in the future. So I said screw this, it's now or never. I have no reason to think the motivation will come later. It is either this or I am going to be overweight the rest of my life and it makes me work for sure.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
I would like the weight loss to be over with quicker honestly. I want to get back to maintaining weight as fast as possible. Diets suck.

What keeps me going is the thought that if I can't do it now I will probably never be able to do it. I always have this image in my mind of a very healthy me that works out every day and looks great, it is always in the future. So I said screw this, it's now or never. I have no reason to think the motivation will come later. It is either this or I am going to be overweight the rest of my life and it makes me work for sure.

Damn right, why do something tomorrow when you can do it today.

Jamillah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 23, 2012
CO
So I said screw this, it's now or never. I have no reason to think the motivation will come later. It is either this or I am going to be overweight the rest of my life and it makes me work for sure.
Ohhh yeah! isn't that the truth! :eusa_clap:

av1atic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 3, 2012
In on this a little late, but I'm so glad to see you're adjusting your caloric numbers to help reach your goals! Feel free to let me know if you need any additional info along the way, but it looks like you've now got the basics figured out and simply need to stay consistent. I look forward to your progress. :)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Really damn hungry and wishing I could go get some fajitas or endless shrimp from red lobster. :cuss:

This is going to be a long few months.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Really damn hungry and wishing I could go get some fajitas or endless shrimp from red lobster. :cuss:

This is going to be a long few months.

We'll walk around in our tight muscle shirts at B&P and the admiration will be worth the pain ;)

fpena911

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Oct 11, 2012
I have some experience in this myself. When I was younger I didn't have to count calories or anything to get in shape. Now that I'm approaching 40 though I found myself carrying more bodyfat than I wanted to. I tried working out and "eating right" but could never shed the fat.

So I decided to go back to what I KNEW would work and that is to count calories. By lowering my calories I was able to lose a decent amount of bodyfat in a period of about 10 weeks. We're talking about 10% of fat loss. I did this in combination with lifting heavy weights and doing some cardio along the way.

Once I reached my goal I went back to my normal way of eating and I've only put on 2 pounds in the past two months. Of course my exercise levels remain consistent and so has my fat percentage. And most important of all I have not lost any significant amount of muscle in the process.

If you're looking to lose weight then there are only two ways: restrict calories or burn off more calories

The first choice is pretty easy because you can control what you eat. The second in theory is easy but once you calculate how much exercise a person would have to do to burn off bad eating habits then it becomes an uphill battle.

Yes counting calories sucks but once you do it for a while you can eyeball your food and figure out how many calories it is.

DavidofMN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 19, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Have any of you read this book?: Good Calories, Bad Calories

I have and it is pretty technical/nerdy/sciencey but it does address the premise of calories in/calories out. Worth checking out.

Also, if you are hungry all the time from being calorie deficient, isn't that signaling your body that you are starving and that your body will go into fat storage/accumulation mode to help you "survive"?

I have always been on the skinny/lean side but I "bulked" up to about 245lbs at one point. That was a lot for me. I am 6'6" so in no way was I hugely overweight but I looked big. Then I changed how I ate (paleo style eating) and worked out more and dropped about 30 pounds. Here are some pics from a blog that I haven't updated in a long time.

Good luck with your goals.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Yes, metabolism has a lot to do with your ability to burn calories. You can look up your Basal Metabolic Rate at my website (not posting again, look in my other posts). If your body thinks you are low on calories, it will slow you down, make you tired and conserve energy. Then if you do exercise (especially long cardio) in this mode, your body will tend to burn up MUSCLE to get energy and not fat, and you end up looking like an African Distance runner. High explosive exercise for limited times will train your body to be ready for additional similar loads, so you will develop more muscle, which in turn burns more calories at rest than fat does. So if you want a ripped/cut look, you have to do high intensity exercise, if you just limit calories, you will end up with smaller but still flabby version of yourself.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Ok guys I have a 1 week weigh in. Results are staggering! I am now 219. 6 lbs gone!

Really motivated me that what I am doing is working. :cool:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
We'll walk around in our tight muscle shirts at B&P and the admiration will be worth the pain ;)

HELL yeah buddy! LMAO

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Just had a great work out. Looking forward to my weigh in at the end of the week! I feel well on the way. Everyone else struggling with weight just make a plan and stick to it knowing if you cant have the will power now, it will never happen. Lifelong mediocrity looking in the mirror is a strong motivator.

mohawkdcg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 31, 2012
OC Cal
A good leg work out burns a lot of calories. Legs being the largest muscles plus if you build them up, they burn more calories when you're walking around. I need to get back to something like that. In my 30s I would do 30+ tons in a one hour leg workout and then almost have to crawl out of the gym.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Great to see you sticking to the plan.

How are you in regards to self-discipline?

If you, like 90-something percent of the population, can't stick to the plan, try to work out with a partner with similar goals. This will help you a lot to stay on track.

Peer pressure and support are the key ingredients of many successful plans. That way, when you don't feel like going to the gym that night, the other person will motivate you to get there.

I like the motivators you have in your plan... that Benz and the suit.... sound like a great reward.

Maybe you should add a trip to a fantastic beach to show off your new body!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
How are you in regards to self-discipline?

Normally pretty bad. The food was worth more to me than a fitter body. I always told myself that I would "one day" be fit and spend an hour or two in the gym every day. Basically I have decided that if I can't do this RIGHT NOW, then I will be mediocre (in terms of fitness) forever. That scares the shit out of me.

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
Normally pretty bad. The food was worth more to me than a fitter body. I always told myself that I would "one day" be fit and spend an hour or two in the gym every day. Basically I have decided that if I can't do this, then I will be mediocre (in terms of fitness) forever. That scares the shit out of me.

After reading your post last week on this, I got back on track and and down about 3lbs. Feels great to get up in the morning now!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have noticed it is easier to get up in the morning even after a HARD night workout and less calories than I need.

Had my first cheat day. It was planned. Me and the GF's 4th anniversary. We went to red lobster for endless shrimp like we did in college LOL. Waco didn't have very nice restaurants...

I am going to guess conservatively that I ate 2000 calories while there. Besides a spinach + arugula salad and a protein drink I am going not eat anything else today.

I also now plan to work off 1000 calories on the cardio machines tonight. This will probably best be done on an elliptical.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Down 20lbs last month.

I posted this in a fb group but let's do it here!
Would anyone be up for a challenge?
Let's say for every pound I lose between now and 12/15/2012, $5 is donated to a charity of my choice. If you commit and I lose 20lbs, you donate $100.
Charity is KLUC 98.5 Toy Drive
Last year I donated 10 bikes and $500 in gift cards and I want to do 10x this year.
These bikes and giftcards are donated to kids that would otherwise not have a Christmas as well as helps families that would use money they cannot afford just to make their kids happy.

If anyone is interested, I'd love to start something like this. Maybe we can include a few charities, such as the Red Cross for Sandy Relief Efforts.

FYI, I do plan on losing at least 40lbs by then :p

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I just got back from the gym.

So I decided my results were not happening fast enough. I am now doing 2 workouts per day and burning off 400-700 calories each time. I don't want to just lose the weight, I want to have a damn near perfect body.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I am now doing 2 workouts per day and burning off 400-700 calories each time.
How are you feeling during the day?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I am actually a little mor hungry. I just try to not eat more than another 200-300 for that extra workout

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Still at it. This morning's cardio.
ry7e4aru.jpg

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am in. I need to ramp back up to an hour on the elliptical, but should be there within a few days. Damn it feels good to work out again. I have somewhere between 40# to drop (to get reasonable) and 60# to get optimal. Fat guys lose weight fast, and I can make a significant dent in the number in a month.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.