The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding solutions to problems?

pastemaker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 1, 2016
Hi Guys,

I've been having some issues with this thing lately so I wanted to see how more advanced entrepreneurs deal with it.

I can basically identify loads of problems in my daily life(I suppose lots of people can) but I'm having a really hard time coming up with solutions to solve these problems.

Barriers keep coming up and I just don't know how to deal with them.

I think the biggest barrier is psychological and I'm already working on it.

But apart from that, some problems are just too hard for me to find solutions for.

So here are the questions I'm trying to find answers to:
1. How do I think creatively to find solutions to problems? How do I learn this skill?
2. Some solutions require working with other people and organizations such as governments where laws and regulations make for additional barriers. Is it just as simple as sending the relevant people an email and setting up a meeting(to try to convince them / pitch an idea) or is it more complicated than that?
3. What if the solution I came up with requires some sort of expertise I don't have and it takes a lot of money to get the right people doing that task?
4. I have worked on countless long-term projects without pay before and they did not work, how do I motivate myself to rigorously work on long-term projects like these without pay when I am unsure of the outcome and success rate?

I would love to hear your opinion on this, thanks a lot for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tidder Jail

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 21, 2018
Brazil
How do I think creatively to find solutions to problems? How do I learn this skill?
A book I recommend is How to Get Ideas, the book is very useful because it tells you how to become more creative and then how to solve problems with creativity. Basically you need to (1) Define the problem, (2) Gather information, (3) Search for the Idea, this is when you use what the tips he gives in the beginning of the book, (4) Forget about it, let you mind work on it while you do something else, (5) Put the Idea into action, "There is no difference between (a) having an idea and not doing anything with it and (b) not having an idea at all."

Here is a summary I made

Patrick Jones

growing
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Dec 9, 2018
Berlin
Start with the end in mind. What is your desired outcome, the final achievement?

Once you have that, work backwards from it to find out what needs to be done. Works wonders if "planning from now on forwards" doesn't do the job.

Great read on the topic: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pastemaker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 1, 2016
A book I recommend is How to Get Ideas, the book is very useful because it tells you how to become more creative and then how to solve problems with creativity. Basically you need to (1) Define the problem, (2) Gather information, (3) Search for the Idea, this is when you use what the tips he gives in the beginning of the book, (4) Forget about it, let you mind work on it while you do something else, (5) Put the Idea into action, "There is no difference between (a) having an idea and not doing anything with it and (b) not having an idea at all."

Here is a summary I made

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I already read that book a few years back but I'll definitely read it again.

Start with the end in mind. What is your desired outcome, the final achievement?

Once you have that, work backwards from it to find out what needs to be done. Works wonders if "planning from now on forwards" doesn't do the job.

Great read on the topic: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey)

I will try this strategy thanks, I think it helps on some occasions.

I would appreciate if any other members have any other input on this matter.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.