The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Fighting CV19: Please send thoughts and well wishes to Greg B (Runum)

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)

Black_Dragon43

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
Apr 28, 2017
Eastern Europe
Wow this is a really long battle, it’s been several months already. Praying for Greg, he went through so much and is still going strong! Hoping for continued progress in his recovery!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update 5 April:

Update on Greg B****** ; Praise God from whom all blessings flow!! Greg is tolerating the vent weaning well this week. The physical therapist came in today and got Greg sitting up on the side of the bed. He balanced himself for a while. He gets tired very easily still. They are giving him breathing treatments for the thick phlegm in his lungs. Guessing that is from the pneumonia that he had. He is moving his stroke arm and leg more each day. He is writing a lot on the dry erase board. Not all of his thinking is back. His brain is still figuring out things. Will still take a while, but progress is happening. Thanks for continued prayers. Love Greg and Kathy.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update April 13:

Update on Greg B****** : He is continuing to improve and get stronger each day. Still working on sitting up and core strength. Vent weaning is steadily progressing. He is still writing me lots of messages on the dry erase board. He was picked as one of 8 patients to receive more physical therapy because he is improving well. It is some special program at that hospital. One thing he wrote to me is "Sonic ocean water sure sounds good." We used to stop by Sonic sometimes for happy hour. He usually got the ocean water drink. God is continuing to take care of both of us. My sister Alicia M***** got me to listening to Elisabeth Elliot on YouTube. One of the things she says is "Just do the next thing" That is what we are doing. Thank you for praying, as always, love you all. Greg and Kathy.

BizyDad

My 1st biz sold paper planes. It folded...
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Just do the next thing.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update April 21
Update on Greg B****** : They are now weaning Greg to a trach collar. Basically, that is taking him off of the ventilator and putting oxygen over the hole in his throat to aid him a bit and seeing how long he can breathe on his own, trying to increase the time each day, as he can tolerate it. Yesterday was the first day, they called it a trial. He breathed 40 min. on the collar. Today he is on the collar and doing well. They are still doing physical therapy. These young men that work with him are great. Very respectful, caring guys. Keep praying when you think of Greg. I appreciate you all, you are so faithful. God is overwhelmingly awesome!! Love, Greg and Kathy.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update 28 April
Update on Greg B****** : Still working on the trach collar. He stayed on it 2 hours the other day and an hour and 40 minutes yesterday. He has another infection, but the nurses tell me it is not considered sepsis. He is on antibiotics. They caught it early. Pray he can kick it quickly. The speech therapist put a speaking valve on him and got a slight sound one time. He has been sleeping a lot the last couple of days, but his body is getting stronger. Progress seems slow, but Greg has come a long way. Today is day 103 in the hospital. Praise God for daily miracles in our lives. God is our sustainer and healer. Thank you for praying. Love, Greg and Kathy.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update 8 May:
Update on Greg B****** : Greg is still progressing on the trach collar. His new record is 17 hours! A couple of days ago the physical therapists helped him stand up on his left leg. He didn't stay long. He is getting stronger physically and is very aware on some days mentally. Most days he is foggy and confused. The speech therapist has worked with him some. Please pray for mental clarity and healing along with his voice and swallowing. I know he is ready to eat. Some days he is ready to work hard and other days not so much. Trusting God is in control and His timing is perfect. Thank you for praying and love you all. Greg and Kathy.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2012
Traveling
Man, I had heard Greg was sick, but today was the first time seeing this thread.

I can’t imagine the hell you’ve been through, Greg. Your wife is incredibly strong.

We’re all hoping and betting you’ll pull out of this thing a stronger man.

My thoughts are with you.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update 16 May:
OK, time for an update for Greg B****** . Last Monday, Greg pulled out his Foley catheter (urine) so they sent him to the emergency room at a bigger hospital. At this hospital, Greg has been on the trach collar for 7 days, no vent. He has been alert and aware for 6 days in a row and not trying to pull on his tubes and cords. He has only asked for anxiety meds 3 times since we've been here. He had to have a procedure to reinsert the catheter, and all is well. I brought his laptop to the hospital and he is checking Facebook, so if you write something on his page, he might stumble across it. Please make your comments short and large type, if you can. He is trying to maneuver the keys, but it is a struggle. He'll get there one day. Thank you as always for praying for Greg when you think about him. Man, isn't God the best!!!! Love, Greg and Kathy.

BizyDad

My 1st biz sold paper planes. It folded...
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Greg will hate us for all the posts he'll have to read here haha.
As long as he's reading them, I don't care... :playful:

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update 25 May:
Update on Greg B****** : We are back at the long term care hospital. When Greg got back, he had a good day, then his heart rate and breathing rate got too high, so they put him back on the vent to let him rest and meds for anxiety. They did a CT scan with dye to rule out blood clots in his lungs. Results are not back yet, but his breathing and heart rate are good now. They started weaning him from the ventilator again today. Physical therapy guys have had Greg up sitting on the bedside 3 days in a row. One of those days they helped him stand. Just a bump in the road. I trust God knows what he is doing. Thanks for remembering us. Love, Greg and Kathy.

Parks

Tree Doctor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Greg. I hope to see a post from you soon. You will win this battle man. Gonna come out indestructible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore