The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fighting CV19: Please send thoughts and well wishes to Greg B (Runum)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Update on Greg B****** We have been on hold for a few days waiting for the tracheostomy and pic line surgery. They are planning on doing it today, along with the amputation. They have not given me a time yet. As soon as they tell me, I will let you prayer warriors know. Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support. Today will be a tough day for Greg.

Yikes, not very good news. The trache at least should be temporary and decrease the risk of infections.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Yikes, not very good news. The trache at least should be temporary and decrease the risk of infections.
Second update today from Greg's wife:
Update on Greg B****** surgery. Just got a call from the doctor. The surgical team could not make it today, so Greg's surgeries will be at 8:00 tomorrow morning. So sorry for the confusion. Thank you for praying.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Saw this just now from Kathy:

Greg B did great during the surgery. Thank you all so much for praying. Now pray for NO infection, his lungs to continue healing, and for recovery from the stroke. Love from Greg and I to all our prayer warriors!!

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Not really an update on his condition, but just sharing this post from Greg's wife today:
Thought I would share this comment that the doctor made about Greg B****** this morning. He said it was a miracle that Greg was alive, that most people would not have made it. But we know the miracle worker and the great physician. Long road to recovery, but I told Greg today that one of these days we are going home to Godley together! The sooner the better.
For clarity, Godley is the town Greg and his wife live in.

Last edited:

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Today's update from Greg's wife
Update on Greg B****** ; Greg was moved to a rehab hospital yesterday. He is not awake yet. The plan is to wean him from heavy sedation very slowly, which they have already started, wean him from the ventilator, which takes a while. Start therapy and get him moving. His amputation is doing well. So far no signs of infection, thanks to our Lord and the prayers of His saints. I know his recovery will be slow, and I will keep you updated on his progress. Pray for Greg to have the determination he has always had and the mental strength to handle all that has happened that he doesn't know about. Love you all. And thank you for praying when Greg comes to your mind.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Such a good update!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I wish there was more a person could do in this situation. It is going to be so hard for him. Telling another person what they should be grateful for is easy; being in that situation yourself, would feel impossible.

Greg, I don't know you, but wish you all the best and praying for you. Just thankful you are alive.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
An update on Greg from his wife today:
Update on Greg B****** : Greg is still being weaned from sedation. He is not awake as of today. His amputation sight is healing well. The doc said his lungs were better and the only reason he is still on the ventilator is because he has been on life support so long that his breathing muscles are out of shape. Praise and glory go to our Lord and Savior for Greg's continued healing. This verse is one of my favorites and I understand now what it means: They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31. Thank you for praying.
❤️
Kathy and Greg.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
An update on Greg from his wife today:

I'm grateful to hear the good news and am looking forward to the update where Greg's wife says she talked with him.

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA
Today's update from Greg's wife
Thanks for the update we will Kathy keep you both in our thoughts n prayers. So happy to hear It's healing well. N yes looking forward when he wakes up n on the road to a full recovery. Beautiful verse thanks for sharing! We are all rooting for you both for a very positive outcome.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Thank you for the update. I am happy to read he is doing better! When he wakes and starts moving. Tell him I said do not stop moving! Keep going!

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update on Greg. He is making some progress!
Update on Greg B****** ; Praise our Lord and Savior: the weaning of fentanyl is about complete. They are giving him a pain medication through his feeding tube, not as strong as the fentanyl. He is moving his right arm and leg quite a bit. He is trying to lift his head and open his eyes some. When his eyes are open, he is not really conscious all the way. He hasn't followed any commands. The physical therapist is working with him each day. They took the staples and stitches out of his leg, and it is healing well. I know it's not a big change, but I wanted to let you know what was going on at least once a week. Thank you all for continuing to pray and encourage us. Love Greg and Kathy.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
All anyone can do is educate yourself on the risks and play your hand. I am 62 with no comorbities. I am very active and take care of myself. I contracted covid Jan 4 and have serious covid pneumonia. I am currently in the fight for my life. It can and does happen but I wouldn't want everyone locked down for me.View attachment 41753
As a former nurse aide, i can say your mindset pulls a lot of weight. I've had lots of experiences watching people be resilient, beat the odds, and recover from different things. I hear you, because i was often one of those people sitting at the bed side reading, watching television with them, playing their favorite music, dancing with them, laughing, playing games, and all kinds of stuff.

It's great to have the forum to keep your moral up since we'll keep you strong, courageous, and brave. What is healing, but finding the joy and positive side of the experience.

i even had pneumonia when I was 16 and in the hospital for a month or two from camping and some type of tree spore. The joke is the Ambulance ride kind of shook things up by the transfer to the next hospital. Perhaps you will have the same luck and get better if you move for therapy.

Naturally, it's a lot of tests, trial and error, and not feeling the greatest. I remember well.
Life has a way of pushing us through different types of obstacles and this is just one of them. Same rules always apply to keep your mind strong, your heart and soul strong, and do everything in your power to beat the odds with finding the right answers, the right treatment, the right methods, and we do this all the time in life.

You are never alone! And like the others stated, this forum is a great clan of people who will keep you on your toes and uplifted.

I do send a lot of love and prayers your way and hope your recovery is smooth and comes fast so you can move on to better and brighter things. Patience is some times one of the biggest life lessons in any victory.

On the bright side just bug all the nurses, ring the bell a million times, and your just there to teach them to have patience, understanding, compassion, and empathy. That's the bright side of it. Your the teacher to whoever your helping learn to be a loving and compassionate person. It's kind of like boo camp when your a nurse or nurse aide. You get to learn all these different personalities, and how they all do things differently. It was great being a nurse aide, you had to learn to be nice even when someone throws chocolate milk all over your white uniform. Maybe throw flowers and books at you. Yell at you for no other reason then they're situation.

Don't tell them I told you this thought, I think they might being leaving a comment or too for me.
Always fun times too, so laugh if you can, and keep yourself busy with crossword puzzles, word puzzles, or other activity books you might like and keeps you focused. Lot's of good music, maybe get an art book of some type and draw, paint, color, or whatever you enjoy. They have adult ones.

Move your body around if you can. That's not the easiest thing to do in the situation.

I'm sure they're doing the best they can to help your recover. You stay strong!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
New update on Greg. He is making some progress!
Are they moving his legs and arms every day, because that is the most important part to help do range of motion and making sure he's being turned every two hours so he doesn't get pressure sores. Keep on eye on this because it is super important.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I remember Runum from when I first joined the forum 10 years ago back in 2012!
I'm sending up well wishes and a speedy recovery for you tonight sir.

I also want to send well wishes up for his wife Kathy, who has exemplified and personified "in sickness and in health".

Her life is also going to be changed too. She is going to be an incredible care taker.

I hope everything works out. This puts so much in to perspective. Health is truly wealth.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update on Greg:

Update on Greg B****** I believe Greg is recognizing me and is following simple commands, like squeeze my hand, hold up 2 fingers, stick your tongue out. He is no longer on fentanyl. He has developed a bacterial infection they are calling sepsis. Pray for healing of the infection and praise God from whom all blessings flow for continued improvement. His anxiety is really bothering him also. Still have good days and bad days. It's a rollercoaster ride for sure. Thank you all again for praying, I can't say it enough!!! Love Greg and Kathy.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update today:
Prayer warriors of Greg B****** , I have got to share how good God is to us. Greg moved his left leg today. We both cried happy tears together. He had a great day today. Wanted me to open the window shade so he could see outside, he even winked at me when I ask him to after I winked at him. He was awake and alert while I was at the hospital. Keep praying, God is working. Love Greg and Kathy.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Kathy has posted again today. Keep Greg in your thoughts as he battles sepsis.
Greg B****** 's prayer warriors. Please pray for Greg to kick the sepsis that has developed. A bacterial infection in his blood. After he had such a great day, now his body is fighting this infection. Thank you.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update today

Update on Greg B****** ; They have tested Greg's blood and find no sign of bacteria. God has healed him of the infection. They are still keeping an eye on it though. He seems to be waking up more and communicating more. He had 2 really good days of being awake and then yesterday, he was asleep most of the time, and a bit disoriented. It is always up and down, but the ups are better and the downs are not as bad. They put the ventilator weaning on hold for a bit, but will pick it up soon. He does have some sores on him that need to heal. Please pray for that healing and his anxiety. God is good all the time. Thank you all. Love Greg and Kathy.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hard to believe this shit started in early January, April is just around the corner.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update on Greg today:
Update on Greg B****** . Ok, prayer warriors, they have started Greg up again on the vent weaning. Pray that his body will tolerate it. This is the next BIG step. I saw his left arm move a bit and his left pointer finger move. I gave him his cell phone and he was studying it pretty intensely. Had a great evening yesterday. Got a dry erase board, so he can write his wants. He wrote last night for me to go get his shoes. He was also aggravating me. I can see his old self coming through at times. It's a day by day thing. God is working in our lives. Thank you all. Love, Greg and Kathy.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019