The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feedback on my Landing Page

ProweJosh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 10, 2014
Hey Guys

After some weeks of idea extraction, I finally found an idea.

The idea is a gig booking website which helps upcoming musicians find and book gigs which suit their criteria and for venues to find the perfect act to perform for them. Basically eHarmony is terms of finding the perfect music match.

I got this idea after cold calling and emailing musicians and finding that they struggled to find gigs whereby their genre of music was accepted, in most cases it was christian musicians who found it hard to find gigs as most clubs, festivals, pubs etc don't really accept these kind of acts. There is some competition but I believe I can solve the need better and be more 'active' than those websites.

My plan right now is to try get into contact with events, pubs, festivals, clubs etc in the UK (I'm focusing mainly in my country) who allow independent musicians to perform and ask for them to sign up to my website and fill out their criteria so it will be easier for them and musicians to find the perfect match.

Anyway, here is my landing page for "GigsBase" all designed by me using bootstrap and the Launchrock widget : LINK REMOVED, EDITING ATM

I'm going to run some PPC ads and see how many people opt in and to build some hype and get some feedback from the musicians to see what their problems are when it comes to gig booking. I've gotten 2 customers so far who need me to help find gigs for them which suit their criteria. Hopefully with this landing page, it could allow me to find more customers.

I would appreciate honest feedback about the landing page in terms of copy, design and overall idea from an entrepreneurs POV.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MayaMagpie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 11, 2014
London, UK
I like the pic - It just makes the white font hard to read... Also, the text gets very small ("Enter your email...").
Love the idea, by the way!

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Some of the white text are blending in the background making some letters disappear (same as comments above).

Berters

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 20, 2013
UK
Not really a fan of the picture, I would personally have used something with a bit more definition and quality to it.

I think sites that use the plural of a word are always harder to remember for the masses, ie if someone visits your site and tries to remember it they will most likely type www.gigbase.com.

I'm not really a fan of the font used in the logo but that's just my personal opinion, I would have used a sans-serif font.

Hope

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 22, 2014
Use white text with a thick black outline, it will be easily visible and readable with pretty much every single type of picture out there.

Change the writing in the email opt-in box from "e-mail address" to something more marketable and catchy, like "sign me up!" or "free updates and content", something less bland and generic.

And then, use a bit larger text for your copy, and space the paragraph out.

Instead of "Finding the right gig can be a nightmare for upcoming musicians. Make that pain go away and build your fan base, raise some capital & gain some experience and turn your DREAM into a REALITY!"

Space it like:

"Finding the right gig can be a nightmare for upcoming musicians..."

• "Work with us to take that pain away and build your fan base"
  • "Raise capital and gain experience"
  • "Let us help you turn your dream into a reality, today!"
Just my two cents, Good luck.

PS: I also think you should change the picture to something more vibrant and sharp.

ProweJosh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. The main picture is being changed as I speak right now, just going to try different pictures to see which one stands out the most. I'll try alter the text and play around with it and see which fits best.

Every time I design something I believe that everything looks right and perfect but it just goes to show that you're not always right, it isn't all about you.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Real quick, in a rush..

- It took your landing page over 4 seconds to load. I think that this will hurt you if you run it through PPC. The full width bg image could causing the site to slow down. Always test the speed of your landing page.

- The coloring is kind of strange. It creeps me out a little, but that's a personal opinion.

- Make your headline stand out more or everyone is going to bounce. I can barely see the sub-header. Again, people will bounce if they don't know what it is and why they should use it. Change the bg image, that should help.

- The how it woks area is decent. Try to cut down on the text.

- Signup - The call to action could be a little better. I have found that saying something like Click here to join (or sign up ) always boots my conversion rates.

Finally, if you run on the Google Display or search network, I'm pretty sure that you need a TOS and you can't lock the user on a page. I have gotten away with breaking their rules but I don't suggest doing so.

I would make some small tweaks to optimize it before you start paying for traffic. You only need to make about 3-4 design tweaks and you'll be good to go.

Hope

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 22, 2014
Yup, testing testing testing...

Gotta' get those conversions haha.

Thanks for the feedback. The main picture is being changed as I speak right now, just going to try different pictures to see which one stands out the most. I'll try alter the text and play around with it and see which fits best.

Every time I design something I believe that everything looks right and perfect but it just goes to show that you're not always right, it isn't all about you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Took me a bit to understand what "Criteria" meant. I had to read the paragraph to understand that that was where I am supposed to put MY criteria, and that it wasn't your website's criteria for me to use the website.

"Don't Make Me Think." :)

ProweJosh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 10, 2014
@johnp Yeah the website speed is something I noticed. I recently paid a guy on fiverr to help me speed up my website, it was much faster but after doing to editing it became slow again :banghead: I'll change the CTA and look into the TOS, thanks.

@Andy Black yeah I get what you mean I'll add a better heading and easier to understand heading :)

Berters

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 20, 2013
UK
Image is better but still needs to be a higher resolution so it's sharp and not blurry.

Why not put a sem-transparent box behind the text, that'll make it stand out a bit more and is fairly common.

ProweJosh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 10, 2014
Yeah for some reason the images I use are HD when downloaded but when I add it to my website it turns blurry. I'll try sort that out and I like the idea of the semi transparent box, I'll try test it Thanks.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Love the idea, any update on launch?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.