The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
Hello every one

After watching a video on things that kill focus i saw that multi-tasking is one of them. and reading the book THE ONE THING which insiste on focus on one area, one project to improve . NOW I'm confused
I'm having many side hustles to work on and grow so it can genrate me income to fund my business but the problem is none of them is getting traction. and in my mind i'm saying that i can't let go any of them because one can work and i have nothing to lose if i try (except my time of course) . and in the other hand i'm saying maybe if i put my effort on ONE THING ONE SIDE HUSTLE, i can grow it. so i'm really confused

The Side Hustles:
- Finishing my NNFX Trading algorithm 30% complete
- Graphic Designer on upwork: I'm new there; I keep posting proposols using @Lex DeVille guidelines
- French Transcription as a Freelancer: still in my first month, the rate is 20 dollars for an audio hour; i'm waiting and see if it's worth my time

Anyone has been through this situation ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hello every one

After watching a video on things that kill focus i saw that multi-tasking is one of them. and reading the book THE ONE THING which insiste on focus on one area, one project to improve . NOW I'm confused
I'm having many side hustles to work on and grow so it can genrate me income to fund my business but the problem is none of them is getting traction. and in my mind i'm saying that i can't let go any of them because one can work and i have nothing to lose if i try (except my time of course) . and in the other hand i'm saying maybe if i put my effort on ONE THING ONE SIDE HUSTLE, i can grow it. so i'm really confused

The Side Hustles:
- Graphic Designer on upwork: I'm new there; I keep posting proposols using @Lex DeVille guidelines
- French Transcription as a Freelancer: still in my first month, the rate is 20 dollars for an audio hour; i'm waiting and see if it's worth my time

Yes, everyone has been there -- trying to make it happen. I've tried a whole list of different ideas during the last few years. Almost none have gained traction. Some have cost quite a bit of time and money. I have a one-word answer -- NEXT!

Another thing I can tell you is that you must keep tweaking your ideas. A lot of times you can find an aspect that works by keep trying. At times, you can uncover that win from an unexpected direction in your idea.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello every one

The Side Hustles:

What strikes me is none of those projects are related to each other.

1) “Grow what you know.”

If you’re going to do something new then can it be an other leg to the same stool?

For example:
  • I provide a done-for-you service for businesses using a particular skill.
  • I create free and paid content for people to learn that skill.
  • I’ve recently started small group coaching for people who want to get better at that skill, and also want to build a business around that skill.
  • We’ve identified SaaS products that could help business owners who want to DIY it, our clients, and aspiring freelancers.

2) Also consider your “high ground”.

When you stack your skills and experience on top of each other then what high ground can you create that others can’t compete with?

For example:
  • I’ve 15 years in IT. I build on that to be good at the skill clients pay for.
  • I’ve now over 10 years experience helping clients with my skill.
  • I’m good at teaching and coaching. Combine this with the 10 years experience and still being a practitioner and I can create courses others can’t. And coach like others can’t.
  • With 10 years experience I can see issues that come up all the time with clients. I have an full-time software developer who also understands those issues. And we’ve the bandwidth to work on small SaaS products.
  • I can build an audience on various platforms of people who want to learn the skill.
  • Etc.
For me to do an Amazon FBA project would be like stepping off my high ground, throwing away my unfair advantage, and starting from ground zero again.

3) This podcast might help:

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
Yes, everyone has been there -- trying to make it happen. I've tried a whole list of different ideas during the last few years. Almost none have gained traction. Some have cost quite a bit of time and money. I have a one-word answer -- NEXT!

Another thing I can tell you is that you must keep tweaking your ideas. A lot of times you can find an aspect that works by keep trying. At times, you can uncover that win from an unexpected direction in your idea.
Yeah i tried that today and I look for some changes in the futur thanks for your 2 cents

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
For me to do an Amazon FBA project would be like stepping off my high ground, throwing away my unfair advantage, and starting from ground zero again.
Waoh hit me so hard

Is it okey if i continue my transcrption job offered to me by an agency for a long term period just to help me cover my income ? around 300 dollar which is good enough in my home currency.

so what do you consider a high ground skill in the esport industry ?

edit: i become more aware of the situation after reading this thanks @Andy Black

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Waoh hit me so hard

Is it okey if i continue my transcrption job offered to me by an agency for a long term period just to help me cover my income ? around 300 dollar which is good enough in my home currency.

so what do you consider a high ground skill in the esport industry ?

edit: i become more aware of the situation after reading this thanks @Andy Black
Do what you have to do to keep a roof over your head.

This was the podcast I meant to link to previously. I forgot I'd written a similar thread.

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
i watch this video every day for the past 2 weeks its remind me of what i want to do
now after quitting my job and changing with transcraption freelance which still a foundational job, i'm looking for a specialzed labor and developping also my specialled skill ( graphic design) i will work as a freelancer to gain more experience ( practitioner and salesman ) then make the move to a special unit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.