The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fasting Friends

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
This sounds incredible. For all of my 4+ hour endurance events, eating was a huge part of training. Learning to eat while you race...

I'm pretty sure that my little swim was nothing compared to your 4+ hour endurance events. In swimming I prioritize flow and efficiency over speed so my swim workouts aren't really that hard unless I train speed specifically.

I don't have enough experience with this topic. I know that most people can do a half-marathon without eating but a full marathon is way more difficult. I assume it's the same with other demanding endurance workouts.

I've already started the morning with some dark chocolate and was not planning to fast today.

But then I've seen this thread and I decided to finish the chocolate, and proceed to do another 24 hours of fasting. :smile:

Ah okay, that explains everything.

By the way, man, who's starting the day with dark chocolate? Work on your nutritional habits! Haha.

It should actually improve your performance if your sport requires a lot of mental focus.

The only exceptions to this is if you are trying to get exceptionally strong or build a lot of muscle. That's why all powerlifters are fat, and bodybuilders are having 5-7 meals per day.

But for the average human being, it's better and healthier to train in a fasted state, because the workout compounds with the fasting and generates more hormetic stress, which is a good thing if health is the priority.

I can eat a LOT of food in a short period of time. I'm talking literally a 1+ kg (2 lbs) huge-a$$ salad or something like that. I find it incredible when some people say "I'm starving" only to eat a tiny meal and say they're so FULL they can't eat anymore lol.

Having said that, some people enjoy frequent small meals and some prefer one or two big meals a day. I can't stand small meals so I always eat a lot in one sitting.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Ah okay, that explains everything.

By the way, man, who's starting the day with dark chocolate? Work on your nutritional habits! Haha.
:rofl:
Sometimes it happens.

I can eat a LOT of food in a short period of time. I'm talking literally a 1+ kg (2 lbs) huge-a$$ salad or something like that. I find it incredible when some people say "I'm starving" only to eat a tiny meal and say they're so FULL they can't eat anymore lol.
Same here LOL
People look at me in disbelief when I tell them I can easily wolf down 1kg of beef in one meal.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Just ended my fast with some steak and salad.

Initially wanted to go for another 24 hours, but I couldn't focus on my work and decided to break the fast.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Just ended my fast with some steak and salad.

Initially wanted to go for another 24 hours, but I couldn't focus on my work and decided to break the fast.

I finished my fast at 43 hours. Weird dreams at night as always and feeling cold yesterday afternoon but other than that it went smoothly. I did all of my workouts and they sucked as much as always lol (meaning they didn't suck more).

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I know that most people can do a half-marathon without eating but a full marathon is way more difficult. I assume it's the same with other demanding endurance workouts.
It’s off topic from fasting…

Nutrition intake even at a half marathon stage for anyone trying for PB is a must. Yes, it’s totally doable (and I’ve done some halfs) with water only, but your performance suffers.

I typically eat 2-3 hours before the race. Then for half marathon I switch to gels. And only types I’ve trained with before. Nothing new, ever. For longer events, I introduce solid foods within 1 hrs of the event and typically foods I’ve also trained with (LaraBars) and the switch to gels after 2.5 hours.

I’ve never done an ultra marathon, but have many friends who do that. Food intake is key. Training your gut to get food and still be able to run… kind of the opposite of this thread haha.

James007Hill

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 29, 2019
Going to be attempting a 72-hour fast starting Thursday evening. Done it once before but also had a few failed attempts. Reflecting on my previous attempts I realised that for for my successful attempt I had taken the time to actually write down multiple reasons important to me as to why I wanted to do it. These ranged from specific health benefits to more generalised mental benefits to do with clarity and discipline.

I always want to quit multiple times during a fast like this and have realised that having a "rough idea" as to why I'm doing it in my head is just not enough - having it written down in more detail to refer to regularly definitely helped me get through the inevitable moments of just wanting to give in.
So I actually started Wednesday evening (lost track of what day it is!) and am now 27 hours into my 72-hour fast. This first full day of no food has probably been the easiest I've ever had. The key things so far that made it so were diving deep into an activity that always gets me in to the flow state, and spending a few hours outside too. Been on it with drinking plenty of water and taking fasting salts/electrolytes too.

Let's see what tomorrow brings - no food hopefully!

Posting here also helps - even though everyone on this forum probably don't REALLY care if I finish this fast or not, the illusion of accountability still helps greatly! ;)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
So I actually started Wednesday evening (lost track of what day it is!) and am now 27 hours into my 72-hour fast. This first full day of no food has probably been the easiest I've ever had. The key things so far that made it so were diving deep into an activity that always gets me in to the flow state, and spending a few hours outside too. Been on it with drinking plenty of water and taking fasting salts/electrolytes too.

Posting here also helps - even though everyone on this forum probably don't REALLY care if I finish this fast or not, the illusion of accountability still helps greatly! ;)

Good stuff, keep going! I care. Fasting electrolytes will definitely help a lot as by far my biggest problem last time doing a long fast were heart palpitations (they really F*ck with your head).

You may have some first challenges roughly 48 hours into the fast but they'll go away. It generally comes and goes in waves (it doesn't get harder and harder with each hour) so remind yourself of that when it's more difficult.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Update?

James007Hill

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 29, 2019
Today has been a struggle and a grind so far– a complete contrast to yesterday. In fact, shortly after I’d posted my reflection on the first full day of fasting, things got “harder”. Just before bed I started shivering from being so cold, but then having got warmed up spent the rest of the night too hot, even though it wasn’t warm in the room. The night’s sleep was rough – very restless and bitty in terms of sleep.

This morning I woke feeling like garbage – mentally and physically tired, and even a little nauseous. Thankfully some more electrolytes and lots of water seemed to sort me out and I soon started feeling better. Since then I’ve felt ok during the day but more distracted by the hunger and much more tempted to quit. But I haven’t.

Now 46 hours in and the finish line is in sight, kind of! The last time I got to this point of a fast, I was successful in completing it (my failed attempts all involved quitting before this mark).

Thank you @MTF for your words of encouragement and tips. Will update again tomorrow either when I'm done (5pm UK time) or close to being done.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Today has been a struggle and a grind so far– a complete contrast to yesterday. In fact, shortly after I’d posted my reflection on the first full day of fasting, things got “harder”. Just before bed I started shivering from being so cold, but then having got warmed up spent the rest of the night too hot, even though it wasn’t warm in the room. The night’s sleep was rough – very restless and bitty in terms of sleep.

This morning I woke feeling like garbage – mentally and physically tired, and even a little nauseous. Thankfully some more electrolytes and lots of water seemed to sort me out and I soon started feeling better. Since then I’ve felt ok during the day but more distracted by the hunger and much more tempted to quit. But I haven’t.

Now 46 hours in and the finish line is in sight, kind of! The last time I got to this point of a fast, I was successful in completing it (my failed attempts all involved quitting before this mark).

Thank you @MTF for your words of encouragement and tips. Will update again tomorrow either when I'm done (5pm UK time) or close to being done.

Shitty nights are definitely one of the hardest aspects of this challenge. 24 hours left and you're done. Soon you can start planning how you're going to break your fast :D

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
I once went 30 days without a crumb due to a Crohn's disease flare.

To be fair, the pain was a lot worse than the hunger. You just get used to the hunger 2 weeks in.

Anyway, I've used fasting as a way to lower inflammation. It's the only 100% way to lower inflammation, fast.

James007Hill

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 29, 2019
Finally finished the 72-hour fast, it’s been a slog at times but very pleased to have done it.

The toughest part was definitely the 40 – 60 hour range including another rough and restless sleep. The hunger had subsided a little on waking up this morning. I was soon hit by another wave of hunger later in the morning but by then was so close to finishing that it didn’t matter as much.

There were definitely moments when I questioned why I would put myself through this!

I will continue to do a 72-hour fast each year though, and a 24-hour fast once per month, and a minimum 14-hour fast as my normal daily routine.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Finally finished the 72-hour fast, it’s been a slog at times but very pleased to have done it.

The toughest part was definitely the 40 – 60 hour range including another rough and restless sleep. The hunger had subsided a little on waking up this morning. I was soon hit by another wave of hunger later in the morning but by then was so close to finishing that it didn’t matter as much.

There were definitely moments when I questioned why I would put myself through this!

I will continue to do a 72-hour fast each year though, and a 24-hour fast once per month, and a minimum 14-hour fast as my normal daily routine.

Same here. The 40 - 60 hours range is usually the most difficult. I tend to have lower back pain around that time as well. I have not been paying attention to my electrolytes while fasting, maybe it is coming from an imbalance there. For the occasional headaches passed the 48 hours range, salt tends to alleviate them.

I will be fasting for most of next week:
- 72 hours starting Sunday
- then under 700 calories for another 3 days (taking from the guidelines of the longevity diet)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Congratulations! Well done. I was happy to see that you finished it.

I can relate to questioning oneself. I do this as well in the worst moments.

How was the first meal?

I will be fasting for most of next week:
- 72 hours starting Sunday
- then under 700 calories for another 3 days (taking from the guidelines of the longevity diet)

That sounds hard. 72 hours alone isn't easy but followed by calorie restriction for another 3 days makes it a whole another level of tough.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
That sounds hard. 72 hours alone isn't easy but followed by calorie restriction for another 3 days makes it a whole another level of tough.

My best friend does all kinds of crazy stuffs and finds ways to drag me into her shit. We do 3-4 days fast every other month. I am used to the feeling. Once the ketosis kicks in, I am fine. I know when I struggle during extended fast and adjust accordingly.

This will be the first time I push the calorie restriction for longer than 4 days. Let's how it goes.

James007Hill

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 29, 2019
Congratulations! Well done. I was happy to see that you finished it.

I can relate to questioning oneself. I do this as well in the worst moments.

How was the first meal?

Thank you! It definitely becomes far more of a mental than physical battle, but overcoming the urge to quit is such a good feeling when you get through it. I find my confidence and self esteem improves when I consistently do the things I set out to do, in all areas of life.

The first meal was amazing. I just had a banana followed by eggs with some sourdough. I always find it amazing how much of a high food gives me following a fast of 24+ hours!

James007Hill

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 29, 2019
My best friend does all kinds of crazy stuffs and finds ways to drag me into her shit. We do 3-4 days fast every other month. I am used to the feeling. Once the ketosis kicks in, I am fine. I know when I struggle during extended fast and adjust accordingly.

This will be the first time I push the calorie restriction for longer than 4 days. Let's how it goes.
Wow that’s amazing to do it every month! It’s true though that fasting, like anything I suppose, does get easier the more you do it and get used to it. I used to find even a 16 hour fast really difficult but now really easy!

ijack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 27, 2021
I’ve been fasting for a year now - I follow the recommendations from this article. I do fasting 16 hours every day (it's really easy if you consider that you will be asleep half the time). I feel much more energy in my body, my weight is stable for a long time and I feel just great.
Thanks for sharing your experience

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Once you're deep into the fast, your brain will be astounded at how everything in culture revolves around food. It's actually a bit disturbing. Some years ago I did a 7 day fast and the experience was quite vivid and eye-opening.

What prompted you to do a 7 day fast?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What prompted you to do a 7 day fast?

Because my health was a shit-show and I had all kinds of problems, from Gout to Acid Reflux to High Cholesterol to Chronic Fatigue, even was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I was hard drinking the Paleo Kool-Aid and while I looked like I was in decent shape, I was seeing a doctor monthly. I thought a fast would "reset" my gut, which it did, at least until I started eating the same way, and had the same problems simply come back.

kavala1921

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 6, 2022
Because my health was a shit-show and I had all kinds of problems, from Gout to Acid Reflux to High Cholesterol to Chronic Fatigue, even was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I was hard drinking the Paleo Kool-Aid and while I looked like I was in decent shape, I was seeing a doctor monthly. I thought a fast would "reset" my gut, which it did, at least until I started eating the same way, and had the same problems simply come back.
My father has gout and high cholesterol. I told him to stop eating so much and cut off the meat. He listened to me for one month and the gout went away. And he felt great. He went back to his old habits and the gout came back lol Fasting is one of the best things anybody could do for their health. We have been tricked to eating multiple times per day. And tricked be eating meat every day. I think everyone should give it a try and see how it goes for them.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Fasting in the morning, counting calories, and lifting weights have really done wonders for my fitness.

It's amazing how simple it is when you break it down into losing via calorie deficit while building muscle and strength in the gym.

I’ve been the same weight since high school but my body fat percentage has been going down

Last edited by a moderator:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I've been fasting for about a year now. Went from 210 pounds to 150 pounds. I look and feel great! I'm off my blood pressure meds.

I only drink water, black coffee, eat some pink Himalayan salt and fast for 24 hours.

Train

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
May 11, 2021
I used to do intermittent fasting (16-18 hours) for over a decade on/off.

Last year, I did daily 18-20 hour fasts with a heavy caloric deficit and low fat for about 2 months on/off. I strongly suspect these things resulted in excruciatingly painful gallbladder dysfunction that ended with its removal and not being able to fast past 12 hours anymore.

My gallbladder apparently accumulated bile which turned into sludge. Bad gallbladders run in the family but I am the youngest in three generations to have it removed.

I just wanted to note this as another reference point for people to consider in fasting.

The effect of fasting on the composition of hepatic and gall bladder bile in humans has already been studied and this shows gall bladder bile is significantly supersaturated after fasting and can lead to sludge formation.

Above is from a study ("Correlation of prolonged fasting and gall bladder sludge formation after emergency G. I. surgery").

Last edited:

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jul 12, 2022
I used to do intermittent fasting (16-18 hours) for over a decade on/off.

Last year, I did daily 18-20 hour fasts with a heavy caloric deficit and low fat for about 2 months on/off. I strongly suspect these things resulted in excruciatingly painful gallbladder dysfunction that ended with its removal and not being able to fast past 12 hours anymore.

My gallbladder apparently accumulated bile which turned into sludge. Bad gallbladders run in the family but I am the youngest in three generations to have it removed.

I just wanted to note this as another reference point for people to consider in fasting.

Above is from a study ("Correlation of prolonged fasting and gall bladder sludge formation after emergency G. I. surgery").

My wife is dealing with this right now. Had a gallbladder attack right after fasting.

When I first started extended fasting I'd get nauseous on day 3 and sometimes threw up yellow/green. But I did get better at fasting and haven't had as much trouble.

Now if I need to cut I prefer to do 2-day fasts to avoid the day-3 strong-ketosis issues.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
The gallbladder releases its contents in response to ingesting fat.

If you go low fat and combine that with fasting for extended periods of time, the gallbladder doesn't empty properly and the liquid contained within it gets stale and starts to calcify, resulting in stones.

I'm sorry that you had to go through this.

Now if I need to cut I prefer to do 2-day fasts to avoid the day-3 strong-ketosis issues.
Do you refer to ketoacidosis?

If you don't have type 1 diabetes (or severe type 2), your insulin will prevent you to get to this dangerous state. Our ancestors were (involuntarily) fasting for weeks, not days.

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jul 12, 2022
The gallbladder releases its contents in response to ingesting fat.

If you go low fat and combine that with fasting for extended periods of time, the gallbladder doesn't empty properly and the liquid contained within it gets stale and starts to calcify, resulting in stones.

I'm sorry that you had to go through this.

Do you refer to ketoacidosis?

If you don't have type 1 diabetes (or severe type 2), your insulin will prevent you to get to this dangerous state. Our ancestors were (involuntarily) fasting for weeks, not days.

No, just ketosis. Burning fat. It takes 2-3 days to burn up the stored glycogen and fully ramp up ketosis. Note that most "keto" diets don't actually achieve strong ketosis.

I was doing 5 and 6 day fasts. Things got better after day 3.

Another minor issue was the wife was not a fan of the ketosis smell. I didn't like the taste it left in my mouth. It take time for the body to produce ketones, they're not a "go get energy right now" thing. Excess unused ketones (acetone is one. Think paint thinner) evaporate through the skin. Supposedly if you're in ketosis long enough the body dial in how much is needed and there's less smell, but I never got there.

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of fasting. Tremendous health benefits and a fantastic way to lose fat! But it's still challenging. But it fits my ADD style of doing things. I'd rather work really hard and get a lot done quickly, then rest or do something else, than do a slow and steady grind. I'd rather starve for a few days and go back to eating my fill than be constantly hungry for weeks on a typical calorie-reduction diet.

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jul 12, 2022
Tracking my last cut, lots of short (1-2 day) fasts. Needed to lose 10lb in 4 weeks to get into a lower weight class in a jiu jitsu tournament. Overshot a bit and was back to trying to gain weight the week before the tourny.

1648730973725-png.108112

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
Loving this thread. I'm taking a head first dive into a 3-4 days fast which will end either the night of Saturday or the afternoon of Sunday if I am feeling good. Going through this thread gave me some inspiration and a kick in the a$$.

Most of this experiment is to see if I can do it and what it feels like go against my natural urges 2-3 days+. I usually fast for 16-20 hours, but never more than that. This will really be pushing my limits.

Thanks for the tips and documentations on here. I will report back when the weekend rolls around. On the daily, I'll be taking magnesium, zinc, and drinking tons of plain water. I do have a heavy lifting session tomorrow, which will be around 38-40 hour in, not very excited...

I'm quite curious to see how I'll do, feel, and think though. Reading everything on here, it'll probably a gigantic inner battle starting 60-72 hours onward. During that time I'll probably be battling some inner demons that will emerge from their dens. Super excite. Will be playing some Linkin Park and Metallica when the inner excuses kick in!

First update:

I'm more than 40 hours deep. My mental clarity is out of this world as I type this. I also just got back from a heavy lifting session. To my surprise, I over-head press(OHP) 155 lbs for 3 reps and pull up with 70 lbs for 5 reps with no problems. Last week I did 4 reps of OHP and 5 reps for pull ups at the same weight. All in all, I'm baffled because I thought I'd faint at the gym if I try pressing my usual weights. I was proven wrong.

My sleep last night was somewhat disturbed because I'm not used to the fast yet. I was in bed for about 9 hours. I'd say 7 hours was deep rest. 2 hours was just me getting in and out of sleep for either water or being startled.

Temptations and inner voices. I thought I write about this, because this is where most of the fight is at. This is where you will either feel good about yourself if you stand your ground or more shitty if you lose to your footing.

Roughly 2 hours before I went to bed, I had thoughts of "it's ok to eat just a little, some steak, you can fast again anytime". I had thoughts of "it's ok to eat NOW, because you have a heavy lifting to do tomorrow".

I wrote everything down but didn't listen because I told myself if I can't keep myself accountable then and there, it'd kill the validity of my words to myself. I want to be a person that says what he means and mean what he says, atleast to myself.

I wrote in my journal that if I can fight my most primal urges, hunger, then I can conquer anything. That's what got me through last night. I'll update again tomorrow.

second update:

We're at the 48 hour mark, 2 hours before I go to bed. I'm having some hunger pangs again. It's a little annoying because it can be quite distracting. I'm trying to get work done!

third update:

More than 60 hours in. I had some heart palpitation last night, which I thought was very weird. I've never had them before. My dreams were very vivid and strange. I'm not sure if it was from the magnesium or the fast.

Anyhow, it's getting quite distracting because at the moment all I can think about is food. I'll probably break the fast soon so I can get some work done.

Last edited:

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jul 12, 2022
Loving this thread. I'm taking a head first dive into a 3-4 days fast which will end either the night of Saturday or the afternoon of Sunday if I am feeling good. Going through this thread gave me some inspiration and a kick in the a$$.

Most of this experiment is to see if I can do it and what it feels like go against my natural urges 2-3 days+. I usually fast for 16-20 hours, but never more than that. This will really be pushing my limits.

Thanks for the tips and documentations on here. I will report back when the weekend rolls around. On the daily, I'll be taking magnesium, zinc, and drinking tons of plain water. I do have a heavy lifting session tomorrow, which will be around 38-40 hour in, not very excited...

I'm quite curious to see how I'll do, feel, and think though. Reading everything on here, it'll probably a gigantic inner battle starting 60-72 hours onward. During that time I'll probably be battling some inner demons that will emerge from their dens. Super excite. Will be playing some Linkin Park and Metallica when the inner excuses kick in!

Few things to keep in mind:
1) Fasting is a skill and it gets easier with practice. Just as with lifting you start light at add weight progressively, there are advantages to starting with shorter fasts and progressing as you get comfortable. The exception is that as you get thinner it gets harder to fast as there's less fat available for processing. When I've dropped below 14%bf extended fasting got significantly tougher.

2) Fasting is beneficial at any length of time, so don't beat yourself up if you need to call it quits before reaching your goal. 1.5 days is good and much better than 20 hours, even if you don't make it to 4. You can also do another fast.

3) Electrolytes and hydration are important on longer fasts, and too much is a problem. Too much mag can give you the shits. Too much water will cause you to flush out electrolytes. Don't overdo it and learn to listen to your body.

Go do it and good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.