The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fantasy Football (2017-18!)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You do have to admire his dogged persistence and systematic approach though...

He did send me 2 decent offers worth considering... the other 93 were like, "Huh?" No you aren't getting Jerrick McKinnon for Dwayne Washington.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
He did send me 2 decent offers worth considering... the other 93 were like, "Huh?" No you aren't getting Jerrick McKinnon for Dwayne Washington.
Eventually sent me a couple decent ones as well. Nothing I really needed though. BATNA won out.

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
no, you're not getting LeSean McCoy for Demaryius Thomas.

Not sure I sent that one yet... nor have I ever owned Dwayne Washington... be careful what you wish for.:smuggy: HAKUNA MATATA!:cool:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
nor have I ever owned Dwayne Washington

In the trade notes, you wrote: "If you accept this trade, let me know as I will need to pick up D. Wash on the waiver wire." ;)

All kidding aside, we're teasing. You're in first place ... so we have to make fun of the top dog to make ourselves feel better.

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
In the trade notes, you wrote: "If you accept this trade, let me know as I will need to pick up D. Wash on the waiver wire." ;)

All kidding aside, we're teasing. You're in first place ... so we have to make fun of the top dog to make ourselves feel better.

Nobody reads those stinkin' trade notes anyways... no need to pick up D. Wash when I can get guys like Woodhead and the newly reinstated JOSHUA GORDON without spending a single FAAB dollar. ;)

I'll happily continue to accept all of the ribbing if it means I hold my standing atop the league. Needless to say, luck has been on my side thus far. Fantasy karma at its finest. That's what happens when you veto perfectly good trades. :innocent: :halo::p

On a side note, what DO you want for McCoy and/or McKinnon??? :rofl: Send me a DM or something and let's talk it over.

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
Oh the humanity! Now Deshaun Watson? A torn ACL? In practice? Hell, at this rate, by the end of the season, every team will be full of second and third stringers. The Fantasy Reaper is on a roll. Keep tabs on the backups of all your players, fellas, we're probably going to need them, the way this season is going.

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
Nobody reads those stinkin' trade notes anyways... no need to pick up D. Wash when I can get guys like Woodhead and the newly reinstated JOSHUA GORDON without spending a single FAAB dollar. ;)

I'll happily continue to accept all of the ribbing if it means I hold my standing atop the league. Needless to say, luck has been on my side thus far. Fantasy karma at its finest. That's what happens when you veto perfectly good trades. :innocent: :halo::p

On a side note, what DO you want for McCoy and/or McKinnon??? :rofl: Send me a DM or something and let's talk it over.

Be wary of Woodhead, as hamstring injuries tend to linger and can re-aggravate at any time. Gordon's a dice roll, so who knows?

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I thought the Dalvin Cook/Chris Carson torn acl weekend was bad, but Watson out just as he was ready to face the Colts defence that MJ could probably pass for 500 yards against.........oh dear

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I can stop fielding ridiculous trade offers from Hakuna Mata

:rofl: I thought I was only one of the few getting these since I was near or at the bottom ranking. A few trades did crack through I saw; his team is loaded in every position.

Yeah; I agree with the others. This year has been rougher than most I've ever played in. (especially when you lead the league in Points Against :humph:)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Oh the humanity! Now Deshaun Watson? A torn ACL? In practice? Hell, at this rate, by the end of the season, every team will be full of second and third stringers. The Fantasy Reaper is on a roll. Keep tabs on the backups of all your players, fellas, we're probably going to need them, the way this season is going.

F*cking sucks... Kid was balling out as a rookie. Get well!

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
F*cking sucks... Kid was balling out as a rookie. Get well!

He was one of the bright spots in an otherwise boring season. I figured Seattle was going to bring him back down to earth, but I was wrong. I loved watching him play, improvising and not afraid to launch the ball downfield like a gunslinger, willing to gamble for the endzone. I'm guessing the ACL tear was a non-contact injury, in practice of all places. I was looking forward to week 10, to see if the Rams D (my DST) could keep him check and limit him to "only" 25 points, which would be pedestrian for him, considering the crazy numbers he was putting up. He should be a top 5 QB in next year's draft.

And my team got hit by the Fantasy Reaper as well, with Garcon dunzo for the year on IR after that neck injury. If the guy had a QB that could get him the ball, which he had somewhat with Hoyer, not at all with Beathard, he would have been a reliable starting option; that offense is a dumpster fire of a mess, with Hyde the only decent starting option. I was hoping for Garoppolo to step in and start hitting him with pass after pass, as Garoppolo is a much better QB than Beathard, as shown when he had to fill in for Brady last season. But the way it's looking in SF, Kyle Shanahan is going to keep him on ice until next season.

Oh well. If, if, if and woulda, coulda, shoulda, the universal rallying cry of fantasy managers everywhere.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
And this doesn't include the ridiculous ones that I rejected and deleted instantly!

Hakuna, you in sales?

Love the aggressiveness, no matter how annoying it has been.

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 10.55.00 AM.png

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
And this doesn't include the ridiculous ones that I rejected and deleted instantly!

Hakuna, you in sales?

View attachment 16802

LIFE IS SALES!

Speaking of which, I just made another sale, baby. On to the next one! See y'all at the finish line. :cool:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Who would have thought someone wanted "no touchdown" Demaryius Thomas? You found someone!
lol, it's all about the price, which I think was fine

Broncos are a mess

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
lol, it's all about the price, which I think was fine

Yea, well I'm in no position to be judging other people's management moves. The view from the basement is oppressively dark and somber.

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
LOVE it. And this stretches far beyond fantasy football. Bottom line is... if you aren't looking to trade and make moves, you're missing out on opportunities to improve your squad. Same goes for life; find ways to work on your trade and improve yourself, or risk being passed up by those willing to do so. Go BIG or go home.

Absolutely true.

My excuse this year is disinterest, not just with this league, but with my other one. I just don't care anymore.

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Absolutely true.

My excuse this year is disinterest, not just with this league, but with my other one. I just don't care anymore.
Fair enough. Even though my ultra-competitive self may need occasional reminders, there are much more important things in life than fantasy football.

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Fair enough. Even though my ultra-competitive self may need occasional reminders, there are much more important things in life than fantasy football.

That and.... the drama surrounding the NFL is getting to be a bit too much for my liking. Haven't watched a full quarter of football this season due to living circumstances overseas and the time difference, but I'm not sure things will be the same when I'm back stateside. Just play the damn game.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Yea, well I'm in no position to be judging other people's management moves. The view from the basement is oppressively dark and somber.
All this stuff is just for giggles anyway. You are winning where it counts.

Zeke

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 29, 2014

Hakuna, you in sales?

View attachment 16802
You have no idea how aggressive he is. I literally got 16 trade proposals from Hakuna Matata in the past 24 hours alone lol. easily over 40 for the year. Majority of those were followed by a DM telling how "DT can save my season and I shouldn't pass on this opportunity" haha

Zeke

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 29, 2014
At first I thought he was just preying on me because of my terrible record. It wasn’t until I decided to give him a little of his own medicine and offer Ameer Abdullah for Antonio Brown that I found out I wasn’t alone lol.

I gotta give Dylan credit because this strategy has obviously paid off. I plan to use it next year hahaha

Attachments

• 48D5427A-0877-40BC-A0D8-695E4CA37DE7.jpeg
    48D5427A-0877-40BC-A0D8-695E4CA37DE7.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 10

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
It's like poker, usually the most aggressive wins. Some of the trades Hakuna Matata offered were comedy. He offered me DT, Stafford and Beast Mode for Doug Martin. It wasn't a bad offer, as he was offering quantity for quality, but I'm of the mind that I look at the team I'm offering the trade to and see what they are weak on. If I needed a receiver (I don't) or a QB (I don't), and Beast Mode's best days were in Seattle, then this trade would have piqued my curiosity; but I am hurting for solid RBs, as Freeman is banged up (please stay healthy!), Martin is ramping up and Cohen, well, you guys know all about him. It goes back to what MJ and other entrepreneurs say: fill needs and solve problems of your customers and/or other people. But I can't argue with his results, as his team is solid and he's first, so the proof's in the pudding. Looking at his roster, his best players are AB, Kelce and Mark Ingram. Dak is a solid QB, but benefits from defenses having to focus on Elliott, so if he's not in the lineup, Dak has to throw much more and Dallas' receivers are so so at best without the Elliott factor, who I will bet dollars to donuts he plays the entire season, with emergency stays and injunctions every week.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Haven't watched a full quarter of football this season

Aside from the new political drama the NFL has now decided to entertain, the games are unwatchable. Too long between plays, too many booth reviews, and a commercial every few minutes. I tape delay games to bypass that stuff. There's no way in hell I'm gonna spend 3 hours of my life watching some worthless game. With fast forwards and skip, I can get thru an entire game in 20 minutes. That's a price I'm more willing to pay to satisfy my gambling/entertainment needs.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Who would have thought someone wanted "no touchdown" Demaryius Thomas? You found someone!
"No TD" DT looking good out there today (in a blowout loss, lol). Welcome home!

@Dylan in Africa I thought we had turned a corner. You have got to stop it with this BS. I am not stupid

Commissioner @MJ DeMarco, please levy a fine!

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 2.47.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 2.45.25 PM.png

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
LOL! Figured you must be sweatin' it out with your golden boy Fournette. Lingering ankle problems, breaking rules, and hasn't recorded a carry for almost a month now... Many thanks to him for Ivory's points today. Not too shabby for a last-second waiver wire fill-in.

Maybe this is better? :smuggy::cool:

wTzLdS2xQEyWiwCQVXtNQQ.png

@BrooklynHustle

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads