The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fantasy Football, 2015-2016 (Smacktalk starts pg 4)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now now lets not rehash the past bringing up your 87-53 slamming of Team Skeptical Child in the consolation semifinal last year.

And lets especially not bring up that MJ's 2014 end of year roster looks like the kind of list you really didn't want to be on as an NFL Player or Team....

Anquan Boldin-stuck on 49ers
Jimmy Graham-traded away, got a lack of Russell love then injured out for season
Ronnie Hillman-another year in a timeshare
Fred Jackson-cut, now still a backup after two guys in front of him got injured
Rashad Jennings-stuck in 4 way timeshare and actually considering Dancing With The Stars career
Tre Mason-no doubt thrilled his team drafted Todd Gurley in offseason
Jordan Matthews-giant fantasy bust failing at catching things Sam Bradford has thrown vaguely in his direction
Mark Sanchez-oh dear, oh dear. Loved those Eagles QBs
Cecil Shorts III-injured off and on all season
Reggie Wayne-retired
Wes Welker-semi retired now stuck on Rams, so kind of still retired
Matt Prater-cut, went from Denver to the Loins, I mean Lions

Indianapolis def-slight issue with their QBs getting made into pancakes
Miami def-slight issue with spending a few billion on team this offseason, firing coach and still being 5-7
San Francisco def-And the cherry on top.....this roster really is the gift that keeps on giving

It's like he was the Grim Reaper of football careers. I wouldn't blame him for putting in some more effort with this years draft. If I'd ended last year with that bunch I'd have started a new league composed of myself and 11 imaginary friends.

You can live in the past while failing in the present. I'm in the money bro! (And after a 1-6 start!)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
You can live in the past while failing in the present. I'm in the money bro! (And after a 1-6 start!)
I can only feel happy for you and your wiser decision making in this post Sanchez/Bradford era. We both wanted to trade for Bortles the same week, you got it done. Bryant was a smart move too.

Despite that I'm still hoping Showoff or Covered wins because from other leagues I know how being at the back of the waiver order every week drives a leader nuts. They've been top of the table all season which makes it hard to field a decent team by playoff time due to attrition. Anything other than crushing MJ wins the next two weeks will be considered a jelly-legged implosion. No pressure :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks everyone for allowing me the privilege of taking your moola this year with a nice 8 game winning streak to finish the season. It's been a pleasure to win the Championship Trophy and remove it from the hands of @Veloce Grey -- as I foreshadowed weeks ago, my team squeaking into the playoffs will spell certain death for all in my way.

This year was really fun -- everyone played and there were even some trades. And not one deadbeat manager-- just a lot of gun-shy managers unwilling to do trades.

Stay tuned for final results and pay days.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Kick out the dead weight and make room for the new boss.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Thanks everyone for allowing me the privilege of taking your moola this year with a nice 8 game winning streak to finish the season. It's been a pleasure to win the Championship Trophy and remove it from the hands of @Veloce Grey -- as I foreshadowed weeks ago, my team squeaking into the playoffs will spell certain death for all in my way.

This year was really fun -- everyone played and there were even some trades. And not one deadbeat manager-- just a lot of gun-shy managers unwilling to do trades.

Stay tuned for final results and pay days.
I can handle 5th after a dud top of the draft, but that page 9 trade debacle is just painful.

We both separately decided Bortles was a prime trade target with an easy schedule late in the season and owner who wasn't using him/would likely be open to trading. We both inquired about a trade. Then you actually put a deal on the table. I realised we were both after the same guy and fearing a bidding war I rolled over like a kitten and let you tickle my belly.

The end result? Well even Yahoo's robot articles can explain that....

"Playoffs: Skeptical Child Pounds Huge Carrot"

Action > Inaction

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
FINAL STANDINGS

1st - Skeptical Child (@MJ DeMarco ) (CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER!!!!!)
2nd - He’s Such a Showoff (forum username??)
3rd - I Got You Covered (@Likwid24 )
4th - OrangeCrush (@bigred )

Reg Season Winner: I Got You Covered @Likwid24

Consolation Bracket Winner: Team Holmes (Smoking Baby)

Worst Manager Winner: RabidPinkFerrets: (@Iwokeup ) Giving up too early and dropping DeAngelo Williams, Tyler Eifert, C.J. Anderson, and others— deciding to roll with Marcel Reese season wide.

Most Active Managers:

1) Huge Carrot (69 Moves)
2) Skeptical Child (52)
3) Orange Crush (39)
(hmmm no pattern here eh?)

Least Active Managers:
1) Squirrels Gone Wild (3 moves entire year) — 13th place, 2nd to last place
2) I’m Thinking RBs - Last place
3) Rabid Pink Ferrets - 8th place
(hmmm, another pattern)

Most Active Trader:
1) Skeptical Child (2)
2) Team ODestiny (1)
3) Rabid Pink Ferrets (1)

Longest Streaks
1) WINS Skeptical Child (8 flown into Championship)
2) LOSS Squirrels Gone Wild (6)

Worst Drops of Season
1) DeAngelo Williams (Rabid Pink Ferrets, Oct 31st)
2) Delanie Walker (Lambo Field, Oct 4th)
3) Todd Gurley (Im Thinking RBs, Sept 30)
4) DeAngelo Williams (Huge Carrot, Sept 30)
5) DeVonta Freeman (Team O Destiny, Sept 9)
6) Tyler Eifert (Rabid Pink Ferrets, Sept 9)

Action > Inaction

Data mine the above and you can see this is really true.

Ironic that the entertainment of FF has a lesson underneath: The more active you are, the better your chances for success.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Fun Season. Congrats MJ. Your team caught fire the end of the year.

Only problem with me being more active is that being in first place all year, I couldn't make any of the pick ups I wanted. Thats what led to 0 running backs the second half of the season after injuries.

Is it possible to change the waiver wire next season? It's not fair to a team that drafts good and stays in the top 3-4 all year. I had no shot at getting any decent waiver pick ups the entire season. =(

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is it possible to change the waiver wire next season? It's not fair to a team that drafts good and stays in the top 3-4 all year. I had no shot at getting any decent waiver pick ups the entire season. =(

Yea, it didn't seem to work very well with 14 teams. It seems to work better with smaller leagues. So, yes, definitely if we have 14 next year, we might go with the standard waiver system.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Haahaha. Seems like I'dbetter stick to doctoring instead of FF team management. ;)

I will say in my defense that deciding to roll with Marcel Reese wasn't out of choice, but rather necessity.

But what are you complaining about? You did take my money... :)

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Worst Drops of Season
1) DeAngelo Williams (Rabid Pink Ferrets, Oct 31st)
2) Delanie Walker (Lambo Field, Oct 4th)
3) Todd Gurley (Im Thinking RBs, Sept 30)
4) DeAngelo Williams (Huge Carrot, Sept 30)
5) DeVonta Freeman (Team O Destiny, Sept 9)
6) Tyler Eifert (Rabid Pink Ferrets, Sept 9)

Plenty of competition for that award.

The embarrassing thing is after a league-high number of moves, the team I drafted in early September would have beaten my current team in all three weeks of the playoffs even with the 1st overall pick injured. DeAngelo Williams and David Johnson were just brutal drops-in hindsight.

Agree about the waiver thing as I Got You Covered/He's Such A Showoff were eventually hammered by being in front for so long. In a league I admin I was considering FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budget) instead but pondering whether it's worth the inevitable "but I blew all my budget" rage by about week 2 or 3.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I will say in my defense that deciding to roll with Marcel Reese wasn't out of choice, but rather necessity.
I'm trying to think of the medical equivalent of the above statement. Possibly something like.....

"Well usually I'd have sent you to surgery to fix that broken leg but the staff Christmas party was kind of overflowing into the Operating Room so rather than disturb them I just went ahead and chopped your leg off with a chainsaw"

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I'm trying to think of the medical equivalent of the above statement. Possibly something like.....

"Well usually I'd have sent you to surgery to fix that broken leg but the staff Christmas party was kind of overflowing into the Operating Room so rather than disturb them I just went ahead and chopped your leg off with a chainsaw"
exactly :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.