• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Meetup Fastlane Fantasy Football (2017-18!)

Discussion in 'Networking, Socializing, Meet-Ups' started by MJ DeMarco, Jul 28, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Do you want to change the waiver rules?

1. Keep Waiver Settings As Is

33.3%
  2. Change It As Described

66.7%
  1. KC Dash

KC Dash Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $270
    Well, I was hoping Hunt would break out but WOW! I wasn't quite expecting that. Let's hope he keeps it up.

To me it looks like they are fitting Gillislee into the role Blount had last year, which could mean a breakout year for him as well.

BTW, I am not a Kansas City fan even though my forum name suggests it (and definitely not a Pats fan. lol). I am now a Kareem Hunt fan boy though!

Richie Rich likes this.
  2. bigred

bigred Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $601
    Man, what a game! Who sat Hunt in my other league.........this guy. That was the first time I can remember the patriots just giving up on a game. Brady looked soulless by the end of the game.

Richie Rich likes this.
  3. Richie Rich

Richie Rich Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $224
    I'm not counting them out, it's the Pats after all and they do have arguably one of the best coaches ever, who will make the necessary adjustments and plug the holes that were evident in their game. The run game looked solid, with White (another missed opportunity in the draft) and Gillislee finding holes and exploiting them. Brady didn't look as sharp, with a lot of overthrown balls that would have gone for first downs and/or touchdowns. Amendola was doing a nice job of catching until he got his bell rung and had to leave the game. The Pat's defense I was surprised about, but give the Chiefs credit for finding the weakspots and exploiting them for 537 total yards, at New England. I always pegged Smith as a manager/short yardage passer, but he decided to shake the rust off the howitzer and take some shots downfield, which connected and paid off, and outside of Hunt, Smith had a monster of a game, scoring 39.02 points. The first half, it looked like the Pats were picking up where they left off, but that second half, they waved the white flag and the Chiefs just poured it on.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  4. Richie Rich

Rep Bank:
    $224
    If 43 is his ceiling and 11/12 is his floor, I'll take the middle ground everyday and twice on Sunday. Again, nice pickup and if he keeps showing out like that, I think the playoffs may be in your future. He was fun to watch, especially against Belichek and the Pats!

KC Dash likes this.
  5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $230,186
    Admin Post
    Looks like my McFadden gambit has come back to bite me in the ass. My only saving grace is I couldn't have picked him even if I wanted.

6. Richie Rich

Rep Bank:
    $224
    That sucks. I can't believe the legal loopholes that are allowing Elliott to play for the forseeable future, considering how serious the NFL is about domestic violence and not tolerating it from it's players and coaches. This quote sums it up: "(Elliott didn't) receive a fundamentally fair hearing, necessitating the court grant the request for preliminary injunction," Judge Amos Mazzant III said in his ruling. I'm guessing that Elliott will get to play most, if not all, of this season and the suspension will be in effect next year, like it was with Brady for Deflategate. Elliott must have friends in high places, and it doesn't hurt to have Jerry Jones as your boss. I feel your pain, MJ, as I'm more and more questioning my decision to draft Luck. Even when he does come back, which probably won't be until mid-season, he hasn't practiced since last season, so conditioning and rust are going to be concerns. Fingers crossed for Eli!

7. Veloce Grey

Veloce Grey Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,634
    I actually wasn't picking him unless he was sitting there rounds 14/15 etc. I think it could have ended up a timeshare job for 6 weeks, unlike two years ago when once Bell went out DeAngelo Williams was a huge asset.

At least there weren't a stack of high quality RB options left by that point of the draft anyway, as our old bench stash Gillislee went the pick before McFadden.

8. baemes

baemes Wantreprenuer FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $37
    gillislee looked like a solid pickup!!! he's probably going to break 5 TDs one game this year.

who wants him

9. James Fend

James Fend Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,384
    Rough week for me... but things will get better! Congrats on your first win @MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  10. BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,537
    Does our league have an Injured Reserve slot?

Asking for a friend...

ZCP and Vigilante like this.
  11. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $230,186
    Admin Post
    Nope.

Vigilante and BrooklynHustle like this.
  12. BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,537
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. Veloce Grey

Veloce Grey Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,634
    I can't say I saw the frenzied bidding war for Tarik Cohen coming....$77 of a $100 season FAAB budget!

14. BrooklynHustle

Rep Bank:
    $1,537
    Go hard or go home... Pay to play!

15. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $230,186
    Admin Post
    I figured it was someone who didn't know the rules, like, you get $100 per week.

Vigilante and BrooklynHustle like this.
  16. BrooklynHustle

Rep Bank:
    $1,537
    I saw him go for 85 elsewhere to a guy who just lost David Johnson & was probably feeling emotional

Not my game, but blowing your budget on one guy can make sense if it's the right guy & situation

Only time will tell...

17. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $230,186
    Admin Post
    Could be Kevin Olgetree Redux

Vigilante likes this.
  18. Richie Rich

Rep Bank:
    $224
    I will proudly admit it was I who dropped three quarters of my budget on Cohen. I know the rules, it's $100 FAAB budget for the season, but I thought about how I spent it last season and it was nickel and dime most of the time, for a decent player here and there, who I never actually used for any long duration, maybe a game and that's it, or spending a few bucks, never to utilize the player and later dropping him, which was a waste. I thought long and hard about it, but after watching Cohen's college highlights and reading Fantasy Football advice, I figured, what the hell, I gotta pull the trigger. I got outbid last year on Ajayi and he did solid for two games and then came back down to earth. But this Cohen kid, he's something else. I know you all think I'm crazy, but you gotta gamble big if you want to win big. My big gamble last year was trading for Freeman when it was still up in the air who was top dog in that RB pecking order. That move definitely helped me win the title, as Freeman saved me many weeks. For the doubters, watch this. They call him the Human Joystick, I call him Houdini, for his ability to escape and create magic.

View: https://youtu.be/lHTOUbYNbgw

Vigilante likes this.
  19. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $230,186
    Admin Post
    Hope you're right as I got him in my other league. I had 3 players playing on Monday and benched them so I can get first waiver pick. I was down 60+ points by Monday and so I decided, I can bench everyone and get 1st waiver. I wasn't gonna win so I made sure I won 1st waiver by proudly sinking to last place with fewest points. (Guy I played had a monster week, Kareem Hunt, etc.)

20. Richie Rich

Rep Bank:
    $224
    I've got a good feeling about Cohen and the guys in your other league are probably green with envy right now. Sometimes you've got to lose the battle to win the war; I think your move will pay off. I watched the video I shared, plus a video from the NFL introducing him and I liked his story. He has a chip on his shoulder, but in a good way. People have been telling him he's too small to play, wouldn't make in high school, wouldn't make it in college, wouldn't make it in the pros. He's defied the odds every step of the way and he's hungry and humble to boot. He's not one of these primadonnas out of college who's had sunshine blown up his ass, making him think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I just hope he stays hungry and humble, as he's got the work ethic and the talent to be a game changer. It reminds of the Fastlane philosophy and entrepreneurship: Those who don't want to do as everyone else does, they decide to forge their own path and as a result, face resistance, a headwind. They are told they are crazy for trying, that they will fail. But they don't listen; they know what they are doing is right. You are living proof MJ, along with many others on the Fastlane Forum: someone who wanted to defy the odds and buck the system and forge their own path. I'm sure many called you crazy, but I doubt those people are calling you crazy now. They're the crazy ones, for even doubting you.

View: https://youtu.be/XumfJMHPd3I

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  21. James Fend

James Fend Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,384
    @Richie Rich - I bid high for Tarik as well. I agree with you; he's a special talent but great talents have to have other pieces in place to break-out.

In his case, I think his situation puts him in a great spot to break-out as a RB1 (team, touches, etc. especially with that WR core getting injured up.)

I think your gamble will pay off.. as Howard slowly loses out over the next few weeks.

Richie Rich likes this.
  22. Richie Rich

Rep Bank:
    $224
    I saw you got Buck Allen (nice pickup BTW), I was trying to get him as well, but I didn't want to spread out my budget between the two, as I had to pick one over the other, and I was also trying to get Alex Smith, as my glaring weakness is at QB. I thought the price you got him for was solid, considering that he's going to be a big part of that offense. Picking up Allen will pay dividends for you for sure, with Woodhead out, he's definitely a check down option for Flacco who isn't afraid of throwing the ball. He's another one who could be a game changer, if not help get you to the playoffs. I was going to scale my bid back a bit for Cohen, but I missed out on Ajayi last year and I thought, nope, not this time. If someone really wants him, they are going to have to sacrifice their entire budget to beat me out for him. I would rather pay big for one guy who could carry me to the playoffs, rather than nickel and dime every week for guys whose contribution will be minimal to non-existent, and end back on the waiver wire.

23. Veloce Grey

Rep Bank:
    $2,634
    I'm a bit torn on Tarik....

In my other league I got Hurricaned last week with Ajayi and Rodgers and legally screwed with McFadden, leaving me looking for anyone to start at RB alongside Bell. So I picked up this guy for entertainment value more than anything. If I'd picked up any other available RB I'd have lost, but Tarik happened to get me the win by 4 points. He's fun to watch too, and the fact he was handing the ball off to Howard for his td suggests they've put a decent amount of thought into how to use him.

The problem is now I have to face him this week in our league. Maybe they could give the little guy a week off...

Richie Rich likes this.
  24. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $230,186
    Admin Post
    Hey guys I'm looking to change the WAIVER RULES in this league from "Game time - Tuesday" to "Sunday - Tuesday".

As of now, any FREE AGENT can be picked up right before game time.

The new setting will put all FREE AGENTS on Waivers on Sunday, minutes before the first game.

This setting prevents the sneaky "working the wire" before game times, usually involving a Kicker and other speculative adds.

Based on last week, looks like myself and @Veloce Grey were the only players doing it.

I would have changed this setting pre-draft had I known about it.

Now I cannot change it unless ya'll agree to it.

I vote YES on this.

I need 6 other people (a quorum) to vote YES in order to change it. If you want to keep things AS IS, let me know as well. Frankly, I enjoy Fantasy Football, but this setting makes management much more cumbersome and like work, vs entertainment.

If you all decide to keep AS-IS, that's no problem either. As commish, I can't go changing rules or scoring settings without notifying the players of proposed changes.

POST YOUR VOTE in this thread --- I ADDED A POLL.

25. Richie Rich

Rep Bank:
    $224
    I vote YES on this as well. I never knew this could be done (scooping Free Agents at the last minute), as I've always set my lineups usually a few days before, sometimes the night before, but the never the day of. I don't like tinkering at the last minute, bad mojo that comes back to bite me in the butt, as I changed my lineup once at the last minute, and it was a disaster. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I can see it's use if there is a gametime decision on a player's choice of playing or not, but if you are paying attention and keeping up with your players and their statuses, then it shouldn't matter.