The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016-17 Fastlane Fantasy Football (Official)

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Yea if he wins what do you think the odds would have been pre-season, knowing he would not use one $1 in waiver ... I'd put it at 1 to 100,000. He even played bye-week players and still won.
It's been interesting to say the least.

Really surprised by my team's showing this year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Yea if he wins what do you think the odds would have been pre-season, knowing he would not use one $1 in waiver ... I'd put it at 1 to 100,000. He even played bye-week players and still won.
Pure luck

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Pure luck

Definitely some of that, fantasy football is a lot like poker ... you can play your hand perfectly and still lose.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Yup.

I have a theory that the more that we 'tweak' the FF teams over time, the worse they do. Of course you have to do some things when you have inactive players and holes in your roster, but I think week over week it pays to 'let it ride' and let the relatively good players do their thing.

Plus, *shrug*...I don't want to spend too much time tweaking things.

It's been fun, that's for sure. :D

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Yup.

I have a theory that the more that we 'tweak' the FF teams over time, the worse they do. Of course you have to do some things when you have inactive players and holes in your roster, but I think week over week it pays to 'let it ride' and let the relatively good players do their thing.

Plus, *shrug*...I don't want to spend too much time tweaking things.

It's been fun, that's for sure. :D

I believe the official term is "knee-jerk waiver wire hopscotching", according to MJ early in the season.

Though my personal favourite comment of the season was still his reasoning for drafting Matthew Stafford which was sound and logical and topped off with..... " I couldn't resist -- that said, I knew you would know all the aforementioned and the opportunity to cockblock you sweetened the deal."

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Though my personal favourite comment of the season was still his reasoning for drafting Matthew Stafford

Stafford actually got me into the championship in my other league, we will see how it turns out.

Stafford didn't work in this league, cuz well, I haven't had a decent RB all year unless Ameer Abdullah counts.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Stafford actually got me into the championship in my other league, we will see how it turns out.

Stafford didn't work in this league, cuz well, I haven't had a decent RB all year unless Ameer Abdullah counts.
He was useful for me in my other league too-good value for a pick around the 100 range. Much more so than the debacle that was first round pick Allen Robinson. I went WR first four picks and ended up with 4 guys I couldn't start in the playoffs due to injury or form.

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
Fantasy Fastlane/Shiva Bowl Champion – SarcastaballAllStars (15-1)

Fellow Fastlaners, thank you all for an amazing season of Fantasy Football. I’m still in shock at not only winning the championship, but how great a season my team had. Fifteen wins and one loss. Unbelievable. A ten-game winning streak and then a five-game winning streak to close out the season. Unreal. This season has been a nice distraction from the pains, stresses and problems of real life. I’m still adjusting to life post-cancer diagnosis/surgery/treatment, so having this to look forward to has been nice. I know I’ve been extremely lucky (in life and in FF), so I will enjoy this and I look forward to defending my title next year, so long as MJ will have me back to play next year and my health holds up (knock on wood!). I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and that you all have a great New Year.

MJ, my hat is off to you sir for running a top-notch FF league once again this year. Thank you for allowing me to participate again this year, although you and everyone else in the league probably wish I hadn’t! But seriously, I hope whatever you are facing health wise is minor and merely a bump in the road and nothing long-term and/or serious. This league would not be fun without you as the commissioner.

I get a kick out of telling friends and family about who I play against week to week. Some don’t believe me, so I have to show them the Amazon page for the Millionaire Fastlane and the Fastlane Forum. Sorry to name drop, but you guys are like rock stars to me, starting with nothing but an idea and creating your own individual empires and creating value from nothing. I don’t get starstruck by “celebrities”, but I do when it comes to those who have created and sustained successful businesses.

I’ll shutup now, but thanks again to everyone who played and for making this season the best I’ve had so far. I hope everyone who played this year (minus You Will Win, for obvious reasons) comes back to play next year. I can’t believe how fast this season went. I hate to see it end, but it was a fun ride. Now I have to figure out what do I do for an encore?

BTW: For those wondering about my team name, I was struggling to come up with a unique name and I remembered the South Park episode, Sarcastaball and I figured, why not? If you haven’t seen the episode, it’s pretty funny, if you like the type of humor that South Park is known for. It’s been a few years since it aired, as it makes fun of the replacement refs, but goes after the NFL for trying to make a game that is inherently violent safe to the point of losing what makes football what it is and why people watch it. Sorry, I had to throw the Shiva Bowl mention in there. My nephews got me to watch The League on Netflix and I’ve been calling the championship the Shiva Bowl. Let the eye rolling commence.

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
In honor of winning the Fantasy Fastlane/Shiva Bowl, I'll let my man Ruxin drop the Shiva blast. Enjoy.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014

Fellow Fastlaners, thank you all for an amazing season of Fantasy Football. I’m still in shock at not only winning the championship, but how great a season my team had. Fifteen wins and one loss. Unbelievable. A ten-game winning streak and then a five-game winning streak to close out the season. Unreal. This season has been a nice distraction from the pains, stresses and problems of real life. I’m still adjusting to life post-cancer diagnosis/surgery/treatment, so having this to look forward to has been nice. I know I’ve been extremely lucky (in life and in FF), so I will enjoy this and I look forward to defending my title next year, so long as MJ will have me back to play next year and my health holds up (knock on wood!). I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and that you all have a great New Year.

Congrats on a fully deserved win!

I can relate to the health stuff and the distraction it can provide in hospital/at doctor etc. Hopefully we'll see each other next season to continue the rivalry. Otherwise I'll send my ghost back to draft with strict instructions not to take Coby Fleener ever again.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Congrats SarcastaballAllStars on an awesome year.

There were a couple of powerhouses in the league that clearly dominated. While I disagree (vehemently) with Dr. Pete's waiver wire concept, his results stand on their own.

Next year, how about we not have the draft at F*cking 3AM Eastern time? I realize it is a solid strategy for you desert dwellers, but I didn't have anyone on my team I liked.

Thanks @MJ for a fun diversion. With the exception of the one ridiculous whiny bitch, it was a fun season. Not many recommended changes for next year. The waiver pool was pretty skinny though, so if your draft sucked or you auto drafted there wasn't much you could do about fixing up a shitty team. No way to really change that though other than a smaller league.

I also do think for next year there needs to be a consolation bracket. Some of the other software providers (ESPN specifically) provides that and might keep people engaged longer. Won't matter to me though as I will be in the playoffs next year. I also never made the correlation between people's fantasy teams, real names, and fastlane forum screen names so maybe next year we can put the list on the fantasy home page so I know whose a$$ I am kicking.

Thanks to all who participated (except the one ridiculous whiny bitch) for a fun and great fantasy football season!

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

MJ, my hat is off to you sir for running a top-notch FF league once again this year. Thank you for allowing me to participate again this year, although you and everyone else in the league probably wish I hadn’t! But seriously, I hope whatever you are facing health wise is minor and merely a bump in the road and nothing long-term and/or serious. This league would not be fun without you as the commissioner.

I get a kick out of telling friends and family about who I play against week to week. Some don’t believe me, so I have to show them the Amazon page for the Millionaire Fastlane and the Fastlane Forum. Sorry to name drop, but you guys are like rock stars to me, starting with nothing but an idea and creating your own individual empires and creating value from nothing. I don’t get starstruck by “celebrities”, but I do when it comes to those who have created and sustained successful businesses.

I’ll shutup now, but thanks again to everyone who played and for making this season the best I’ve had so far. I hope everyone who played this year (minus You Will Win, for obvious reasons) comes back to play next year. I can’t believe how fast this season went. I hate to see it end, but it was a fun ride. Now I have to figure out what do I do for an encore?

BTW: For those wondering about my team name, I was struggling to come up with a unique name and I remembered the South Park episode, Sarcastaball and I figured, why not? If you haven’t seen the episode, it’s pretty funny, if you like the type of humor that South Park is known for. It’s been a few years since it aired, as it makes fun of the replacement refs, but goes after the NFL for trying to make a game that is inherently violent safe to the point of losing what makes football what it is and why people watch it. Sorry, I had to throw the Shiva Bowl mention in there. My nephews got me to watch The League on Netflix and I’ve been calling the championship the Shiva Bowl. Let the eye rolling commence.
Well played last match, Sir!

Congrats on the beating your cancer and for a VERY well played season! :D

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Congrats SarcastaballAllStars on an awesome year.

There were a couple of powerhouses in the league that clearly dominated. While I disagree (vehemently) with Dr. Pete's waiver wire concept, his results stand on their own.

Next year, how about we not have the draft at F*cking 3AM Eastern time? I realize it is a solid strategy for you desert dwellers, but I didn't have anyone on my team I liked.

Thanks @MJ for a fun diversion. With the exception of the one ridiculous whiny bitch, it was a fun season. Not many recommended changes for next year. The waiver pool was pretty skinny though, so if your draft sucked or you auto drafted there wasn't much you could do about fixing up a shitty team. No way to really change that though other than a smaller league.

I also do think for next year there needs to be a consolation bracket. Some of the other software providers (ESPN specifically) provides that and might keep people engaged longer. Won't matter to me though as I will be in the playoffs next year. I also never made the correlation between people's fantasy teams, real names, and fastlane forum screen names so maybe next year we can put the list on the fantasy home page so I know whose a$$ I am kicking.

Thanks to all who participated (except the one ridiculous whiny bitch) for a fun and great fantasy football season!
You know, you talked smack but failed to deliver.......

:woot:

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Thanks to @MJ, @Vigilante, @Richie Rich and everyone else for a fun and diverting season. Best FF season that I've ever had and even if I had lost it all (like @Vigilante) I'd still count the experience as a win.

All excepting the one tool, y'all were a classy group of guys to play with.

Can't wait for next season!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I also do think for next year there needs to be a consolation bracket

12 team league has one ... we just need to reduce league size by 2, (one is already gone) that usually isn't a problem when it comes down to paying and tracking people down.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You know, you talked smack but failed to deliver.......

:woot:

I have the distinct honor of having scored the least amount of points in a single week this year (week # 13 - 38 points total)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
12 team league has one

Actually, our league this year DID have a consolation bracket, but it didn't start until week 15. Looks like I won it, LOL.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Actually, our league this year DID have a consolation bracket, but it didn't start until week 15. Looks like I won it, LOL.

Duh, I am wrong here. Looks like there was no consolation bracket and that was just the losers of the championship bracket still playing -- I took 5th place and I didn't even know I was still playing for a prize pool.

Looks like next year we need to be clearer of the rules -- I wasn't even setting my line up after the week 14 loss and elimination.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Duh, I am wrong here. Looks like there was no consolation bracket and that was just the losers of the championship bracket still playing -- I took 5th place and I didn't even know I was still playing for a prize pool.

Looks like next year we need to be clearer of the rules -- I wasn't even setting my line up after the week 14 loss and elimination.

Consolation: Skeptical Child Gets Victory Against Tampa Bay Rain

LOL

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Everyone has been paid. Great year guys -- next year will be even better as we trade down to 12 teams!

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
I'm guessing MJ will let everyone who played last year know something the first week of August, at least that is what he did last year. MJ and fellow Fantasy Fastlaners, you know I'm back to defend the title, as my avatar has not changed since winning! I still pinch myself when I think about the fluke season I had last year (15-1 (12-1 regular season, 3-0 playoffs), just to refresh everyone's memory ;)). I'll be the first to admit I got extremely lucky and hopefully that luck will have stayed with me, but I won't be upset if it decided to take a vacation. But either way, I'm in, just let us know when the draft will be MJ and how much to pay. As for my absence on the Forum, I've been busy working on myself, learning to play the guitar and working on writing the novel, as I realize now that is one of my strongest abilities: writing and thanks to MJ's encouragement via UnScripted .

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007