The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fantasy Football (2017-18!)

bigred

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 16, 2013
Colorado
My other league that I've been in for 5 years had half the guys drop out too ... seems to be an increasing antipathy toward it.

I think the rise of Draftkings and Fanduel have a lot to do with the season long decline. I play heavily on both sites every weekend of the football season and I can see the appeal of not managing a team throughout the week.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I think the rise of Draftkings and Fanduel have a lot to do with the season long decline. I play heavily on both sites every weekend of the football season and I can see the appeal of not managing a team throughout the week.
I definitely think that's part of it. I manage another league and we've had to expand from 10 in 2015, 14 last year and now spilt into two leagues but the key point is we're all in New Zealand so not eligible to play on Draftkings or Fanduel, nor do we get bombarded by the ads. I've heard some guys say they'd prefer the instant gratification of that format and the chance to start afresh every week, but it simply isn't an option.

MJ-If you do get stuck on 11 let me know and I can find someone who'd play either from my leagues or amongst my nephews that I can vouch for as reliable-though I understand a forum user would be preferable.

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
My money is in. Let's do this. :cool:

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
I read this about the direction of Fantasy Football leagues and where they are headed and it sounds solid to me:

The concept of Season Long Daily Fantasy Football

Basically, you organize a league with 10-15 of the people you choose, make a single deposit for that league for the year, then structure weekly payouts to the top 1-3 players. You eliminate commissioners chasing people down for money and paying it out at year's end. You eliminate bad trades. You eliminate the challenge of one bad injury ruining a season. Instead, it's a hiccup for one week and you draft fresh next week. You eliminate owners checking out because they have a chance to win every week. Best of all, everyone can play for 17 weeks, instead of a select few teams who make it to the playoffs. Basically, all the best qualities of DFS (DraftKings/Fanduel) colliding with the feel of your home league. This method is starting to show up on the major DFS sites as of last year in certain forms. It's a hybrid of the two.

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
Sounds great but the last I checked, DFS is banned in Arizona.

My fault. I forget that DFS Fantasy Football isn't allowed in certain states. I didn't know it wasn't allowed in Arizona. Surprising. I remember last year New York banned both DraftKings and Fanduel for a time, until legislation was passed that allowed them to keep operating, that they were "games of skill", rather than games of chance, which are illegal online. The state of New York is cleaning up with the fees they now collect. Maybe Arizona will get on board, sooner than later, considering all the money that those two sites would bring into the state from licensing to fees to taxes. Money talks, so hopefully, Arizona legislators and politicians will start listening. But that's politics and I don't have a dog in that fight.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
League locked and loaded. Draft positions to be ran, payouts posted today.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
DRAFT ORDER

1. Money and Violence
2. Orange Crush
3. Huge Carrot
4. baemes
5. Skeptical Child
6. Hakuna Matata
7. KC Dash
8. 716
9. Sarcastaball...
10. James Fend
11. The Squatters
12. Squirrels go...

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Lesson: bust on the man about cutler, get last draft spot. :/

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Lesson: bust on the man about cutler, get last draft spot. :/

Ha Ha you didn't know? The random draft generator takes into account "being-a-dick" karma. ;)

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I'm inclined to basically let it autodraft the first round for me, which on current rankings would take Antonio Brown 3rd. I think at the top of the draft the players are so well known that their rankings are generally quite accurate and going wildly outside that thinking you can beat the market doesn't usually work. My Andrew Luck 1st overall pick in 2015 was a classic example of that. I'm struggling to think of many huge reaches that have worked out well vs the opportunity cost.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
lmao, can't remember the last time I drafted #1, but count on Smoking Jay being gone immediately!
Ha Ha you didn't know? The random draft generator takes into account "being-a-dick" karma. ;)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Reminder, draft this early evening!

KC Dash

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 10, 2008
Dallas
Looking forward to it! Good luck everyone!

bigred

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 16, 2013
Colorado
Mini panic attack over! I saw 4:30 and freaked out, good thing I am mountain time! Good luck to everyone, I may or may not be a few beers deep and BBQ'ing during the draft...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
View attachment 16154 Draft Grades are in boys! I didn't think your draft was that bad MJ.

The people at the Yahoo Draft/Fantasy Football are drinking Drano. They gave me a B-, but project me to finish 5-8? I'll take what they say with a grain of salt, as they gave me I think a C- last year and projected me middle of the road and I ended up running the table for most of the season. MJ, you got the worst grade with a D-, so everyone better get ready, MJ may be taking the title this year! Veloce Grey/Huge Carrot, I didn't see your first message when I logged into the draft room, my fault. I wasn't ignoring you or trying to be a dick, so sorry about that. I logged in and walked away from my computer, so I didn't see it until I was reviewing prior picks. MJ, thanks again for running this league and everyone for a solid draft. It's taken me a few years, but I've learned: no Tannehill in the first few rounds ever again! ;) Good luck to everyone and if 2017 is anything like 2016, you guys will probably ban me from ever playing again. But even I don't expect that to happen, as much of an optimist I that I am, but a ten game winning streak, 12-1 regular season record and 3-0 in the playoffs to win the title, that is some storybook/movie stuff right there.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Veloce Grey/Huge Carrot, I didn't see your first message when I logged into the draft room, my fault. I wasn't ignoring you or trying to be a dick, so sorry about that. I logged in and walked away from my computer, so I didn't see it until I was reviewing prior picks.
No worries-I was busy contemplating the tough choice at 3rd overall, safe and steady with Antonio Brown or big and bold with Elliott

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Draft Grades are in boys! I didn't think your draft was that bad MJ.

I thought MJ's draft was awful, just awful. Especially that McFadden pick. He could have had future Hall of Famer Rex Burkhead with that pick

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Cutler was still on the board too. A D+ slipped right through his hands.......

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Hakuna Matata checking in here.

I can figure out most of the others, but unsure about @Iwokeup, @bigred, and @BrooklynHustle:

716 -
baemes - @baemes
Hakuna Matata - @Dylan in Africa
Huge Carrot - @Veloce Grey
James Fend - @James Fend
KC Dash - @KC Dash
Money & Violence -
Orange Crush -
SarcastaballAllStars - @Richie Rich
Skeptical Child - @MJ DeMarco
Squirrels gone wild - @ZCP
The Squatters - @Likwid24

Enjoyed the draft last night. Let's make some deals. Hit me up if you are looking for a TE (Reed or Rudolph), one of the Broncos' WRs (DT or Sanders), or have any interest in other players on my roster. Very happy with my team, but anyone can be had for the right price. :cool:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've played FF long enough to know that the correlation between Yahoo draft grades and actual success is inversely correlated. I've only gotten an F from them once, and I won that year. So I'll take the D as a high honor.

That said, my draft objectives are A) Try to get Yahoo to give me an F and B) Try to screw over Big Carrot somehow.

Yet, it might be the NFLPA who will screw me over.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Hakuna Matata checking in here.

I can figure out most of the others, but unsure about @Iwokeup, @bigred, and @BrooklynHustle:

716 -
baemes - @baemes
James Fend - @James Fend
KC Dash - @KC Dash
Money & Violence -
Orange Crush -

Enjoyed the draft last night. Let's make some deals. Hit me up if you are looking for a TE (Reed or Rudolph), one of the Broncos' WRs (DT or Sanders), or have any interest in other players on my roster. Very happy with my team, but anyone can be had for the right price. :cool:
Money & Violence here :cool:

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Orange Crush
As anticipated...:rofl:
Money & Violence here :cool:
Would've pegged you as the guy to draft Zeke at #3 with a team name like that... maybe mix in a side of Jarvis Landry or the late Aaron Hernandez.

That leaves @Iwokeup as the owner for 716. See below for all teams and their corresponding owners. Correct me if I'm wrong...

716 - @Iwokeup
baemes - @baemes
James Fend - @James Fend
KC Dash - @KC Dash
Money & Violence - @BrooklynHustle
Orange Crush - @bigred