The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Extreme inconsistency. Any ideas??

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
Hi Michael,

I've read the entire post as it applies to me as well in a lot a sense. I am little older than you, 24 years old exactly and I have not find ways to be consistent and work hard.

I also leave at my parent's house, also started several little businesses, lack clarity on what I truly want and who I am really at the deepest (my life's purpose is not clear too). I've developed some qualities as a French young adult but I would not consider myself a man still.

You seem to be an active searcher just I have been for the most part in my life. Seeking for help is strengh because it requires that your ego is not that big and it is my opinion, invaluable to make progress faster. It is not an easy journey but you seem to have good qualities for you age and I congratulate you for that.

I guess most people here are successful entrepreneurs and they want you to raise your standards which is great but from my perspective I would also advise you to give yourself compassion, grace, and love to yourself.

Of couse, we all want to be successful, become independent, be financially free but the journey is often times very long so why not make sure that you enjoy the process at the same time ?

I'm not into the workhard mentality without a true understanding of your inner being first. You have to start with that before venturing into any business ideas, projet or job. Otherwise, you will just burn out, feel unfullfilled, depressed, unhappy and live with theses cycles of productivity and doing nothing, beating yourself up.

It is only when you will be trully aligned with yourself, know how to feel good about yourself on your own that you will be able to act in the world, create and contribute. Going the other way around will only make you suffer even more until you realize that.

Recently, I purchased programs from Tony Robbins called the Inner Circle. In it, he gives you all his best programs to truly give yourself all the clues about why we do what we do and who we are as human beings and specific strategies to feel good at any time in life. Even though I've been on this personal development journey for a long time, I see it could really help you to feel better on a daily basis and be more consistent over time. If you are not consistent, it is because you are not really aligned, centered and you have unresolved inner conflicts. Also, you may not know simple tactics to feel better just has changing your physiology, your focus or the meaning you give to experiences.

It is not magic content but It could really to be better prepared before you confront the world. It's great to jump out of the nest but it is also better to do it when you have grown some wings !

Also, I would advise you to pick Awaken the Giant Within and do the 10 Mental Diet Challenge (I am starting out and I feel I could feel good and be positive at all times with the tools given in the programs I told you before).

However, I must admit that I am not into business and taking massive actions. I'm just a young man who wants to be happy first and foremost. In fact, I believe that we have to learn how to feel good about ourselves on our own first before going out in the world. It is the most valuable thing you can offer yourself and other people around you.

It is a very complex subject and I hope that this message will give you another perspective to think about as it is a process that will mature in you over time with dedication.

Keep doing you best, question yourself, keep improving as much as you can. And remember, it nevers ends. Life is about progress ! Make sure everything is the product of you conclusions.

Best,

This is a very lovely perspective.

Life is not all about go-go-go!
Of course there is hard work, excellence and service. And of course it is about creating and offering value.

But life has so many layers, and it's up to us to find our own ways to enjoy the most out of it too, while yet being of service.

Both of you are young, and smart to ask for other viewpoints.
I wish you both a rich journey ahead!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Makko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 13, 2021
South Korea
Holy shit. That's some Edge of Tomorrow shit. Minus the aliens and time loop stuff.

Where did you go? What was it like?
Good movie haha

I went to South Korea, where I'm at right now.

I heard horror stories from friends and reading online... about people killing themselves because of bullying and harassment of all kinds. During my service though one guy cut off his leg with a chainsaw after getting bit by a snake, a guy shot himself in the chin right in front of his bully on a duty, some dude escaped by climbing over a wired fence to see his ex gf...

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I've been trying my best to deal with this problem myself but I just couldn't figure it out. I have a lot of new ideas now. New strategies to test out so that hopefully I can get rid of this problem for good.

I'll contribute whenever I can as well, as I take too much value without giving in return - my bad.

First, it's probably because you're not clear about what it is that you want. It happened to me as well about a year and a half ago. It's going to sound a little gurish, but you need to have a big vision/dream for your life. Because there are only two things that motivate us in life; our goals and people. You're not always going to be motivated every single day, but that's normal. Every person goes through a cycle like that, but the key is to just keep it moving.

Second, you're most likely taking too much action too soon before your body has adapted to the work. I think you've heard it before, it takes roughly 66-90 days to build a habit with a 50% chance of continuity. You keep it at it in the next 200 days after that? There's a 90-95% chance that you'll retain it for your lifetime.

There's a great talk on this by Andy Frisella; he has his little thing called the powerlist and I've been using it for a long time now. It's very effective in being consistent. It's episode 105 on the MFCEO podcast called Win the day(highly recommend it to anyone who's struggling with this).

The key is to not kill yourself too soon. Think about it in terms of fitness. How do most people start?
Let's say that person is 100lbs overweight(weighs 300lbs and has a height of 6ft). Never worked out in his life(only drinks coke too). He's excited.
He starts to run 5 miles everyday, only eats tuna and drinks water. And after 1-2 weeks, he gets a sudden realization; "Where are the results? THIS IS BS!". The problem is the plan. He literally took a marathon runner's plan while being 100lbs overweight.

It's the same in business. People start doing 300 cold calls a day. Or they send 250 emails a day. It's way too much too soon. And what happens after 2-3 weeks? They start doing the same old sh*t again. I'm being brutal about it because the same thing happened to me in business. Think about this in terms of a marathon. You're a tortoise and not the hare. I think it's also called the Kaizen principle but whatever.

Set daily actionable goals that you can do daily that are in your absolute control to start the process.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Hey guys,

For the last 1.5 years, I've been extremely inconsistent.

When I was trying to pursue ecommerce, I worked hard for 2 weeks, then I fell into a slump for 1 week(where I watched movies, youtube, etc., 24/7), get back to work, and the cycle kept repeating.

When I tried to start a website, I'd work hard for a week, then fall into a slump for a week, then I'd start working again and this cycle kept repeating.

Recently I decided to try Youtube out. I figured that since I used to watch so much youtube and it's quite fun, I'd take this as an opportunity to launch and grow my own channel, monetize it and make a lot of $(through my research and observations I've seen others making significant money with YT).

I figured I could work really hard at this since it was the most fun. But here's what my life has looked like:
- work hard for 1 week.
- fall into a slump for 4 days.
- work hard another 3-4 days.
- fall into a slump for 4 days again.

I'm honestly so confused. I have no idea why I'm like this. I mean, I have goals that I really want to achieve yet I can't get over this extreme inconsistency. It's gotten to the point where after I have one bad day, I'd lay in bed staring at my phone until 7am and basically passing out, then waking up at 2pm.

I have tried decreasing my work hours, going to the gym 5x a week, pursuing different projects, taking a break once a week yet nothing changes.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? If so how did you overcome it?
Read Atomic Habits by James Clear.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Hey guys,

When I was trying to pursue ecommerce, I worked hard for 2 weeks, then I fell into a slump for 1 week(where I watched movies, youtube, etc., 24/7), get back to work, and the cycle kept repeating.

When I tried to start a website, I'd work hard for a week, then fall into a slump for a week, then I'd start working again and this cycle kept repeating.

Recently I decided to try Youtube out. I figured that since I used to watch so much youtube and it's quite fun, I'd take this as an opportunity to launch and grow my own channel, monetize it and make a lot of $(through my research and observations I've seen others making significant money with YT).

I figured I could work really hard at this since it was the most fun. But here's what my life has looked like:
- work hard for 1 week.

I'm honestly so confused. I have no idea why I'm like this. I mean, I have goals that I really want to achieve yet I can't get over this extreme inconsistency. It's gotten to the point where after I have one bad day, I'd lay in bed staring at my phone until 7am and basically passing out, then waking up at 2pm.

I have tried decreasing my work hours, going to the gym 5x a week, pursuing different projects, taking a break once a week yet nothing changes.

Hey man I think I know what you're biggest problems are. I've read the entire thread and you remind me a bit of myself a few years ago ( feel free to check out my earliest threads I think you might find some similarities) but I think the reason you've been struggling and it's part of the reason I have and that is, purpose. I know it sounds cliché but hear me out.

I think @Kung Fu Steve said it best, he told me a while back and it just flew over my head for some reason "you're trying to chase money" in other words you have no real motivation or purpose. Which is what I want to mention.

I've realized recently that I'm not motivated by money or even the fastlane so much, I don't care that much if I'm earning 1m per year or 50k per year cause I don't need much money to be happy. But I kept doing projects (and still am doing dropshipping) for chasing money and it makes sense now why I struggled to get shit done and gave up at the first obstacle and could never be consistent

So what's the lesson here? Don't begin with the wrong motivation. I used money as motivation but it wasn't my motivation, I thought it was but I was wrong. I kept debating whether I wanted money and I would say to myself "I don't know, it would be nice to have but it's not a big deal if I don't get it" RIGHT THERE, I should have stopped because I wasn't giving it my all.

The question you can ask yourself is "are you motivated by money?", I think this is a massive reason why you're struggling and have massive inconsistencies, I have the exact same problem, though it has improved alot over the last few months as I've had some realizations.

If making money as your motivation is a "nice to have" thing for you but isn't a "must" I'd seriously stop and get a create a real purpose for your self which will give you the right motivation.

I know a lot of people on the forum say to "provide value and think about what the market wants and not what you want" which is definitely a valid point and you should always think in that way, but at the same time it may not be YOUR motivation, which is something to keep in mind.

You have to have some level of interest in wanting to start that particular business, whether it's because you want to solve a problem in that area or you are passionate about the space and combining that with what the market wants.

But the other problem you have is not focusing on one project, that is the other huge problem and I'm guilty of this, when you keep switching projects (whatever the reason may be) you are obviously starting from scratch again, ESPECIALLY if it's in a different niche or area which means you will always be at $0.

So in a summary here is what I'd do if I could go back in time and I'm confident it would make all the difference:

Step 1: Choose an area that you have a genuine interest in and have a real purpose for / motivation for wanting to start it (not money chasing) while also providing something that the market wants.

Step 2: Dedicate yourself in this space until successful. If for example you want to start your own product (this is the eCommerce space) then do that, even if your stores keep blowing up and your products don't sell, but don't for example begin a SaaS company or something like that otherwise you will be starting from scratch again.

On a side note I noticed you said you wanted to achieve your dream lifestyle but is this something you REALLY want or is it just a nice to have thing? I know it can be nice to day dream and imagine living in a mansion and seeing gurus and shit on YouTube definitely doesn't help lol, but is it something that you want so bad? If not, if I was you I would stop right there and stop chasing that goal.

Lastly, with stuff like procrastination, it wouldn't be an issue the majority of the time if you actually had a real purpose / real motivation. If you look at a lot of people who have started businesses, even on shark tank, there is a common sentence that a lot of people say and it's "I got sick and tired of....", "there had to be a better way", "I wanted to solve....", see right there? That is purpose. They all had something that wanted to achieve and that was the product that they have right now.

Over the last few years I've definitely procrastinated more than I've worked consistently by far, but if I had a project I actually wanted to work on, it would be closer to being more consistent and nowhere near as much procrastination.

Sorry if these answers aren't concise, it's a really complicated issue and I understand where you're coming from. Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Hey guys,

- work hard for 1 week.

Sounds like you may have ADD/ADHD a lot of people dismiss these conditions, but they are real, I'm a sufferer myself. I've used Modafinil for years but am now on the verge of getting an official diagnosis and am going to try Adderall.

Go to your doctor and check out local resources for ADD.

Good luck.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Hey man I think I know what you're biggest problems are. I've read the entire thread and you remind me a bit of myself a few years ago ( feel free to check out my earliest threads I think you might find some similarities) but I think the reason you've been struggling and it's part of the reason I have and that is, purpose. I know it sounds cliché but hear me out.

I think @Kung Fu Steve said it best, he told me a while back and it just flew over my head for some reason "you're trying to chase money" in other words you have no real motivation or purpose. Which is what I want to mention.

I've realized recently that I'm not motivated by money or even the fastlane so much, I don't care that much if I'm earning 1m per year or 50k per year cause I don't need much money to be happy. But I kept doing projects (and still am doing dropshipping) for chasing money and it makes sense now why I struggled to get shit done and gave up at the first obstacle and could never be consistent

So what's the lesson here? Don't begin with the wrong motivation. I used money as motivation but it wasn't my motivation, I thought it was but I was wrong. I kept debating whether I wanted money and I would say to myself "I don't know, it would be nice to have but it's not a big deal if I don't get it" RIGHT THERE, I should have stopped because I wasn't giving it my all.

The question you can ask yourself is "are you motivated by money?", I think this is a massive reason why you're struggling and have massive inconsistencies, I have the exact same problem, though it has improved alot over the last few months as I've had some realizations.

If making money as your motivation is a "nice to have" thing for you but isn't a "must" I'd seriously stop and get a create a real purpose for your self which will give you the right motivation.

I know a lot of people on the forum say to "provide value and think about what the market wants and not what you want" which is definitely a valid point and you should always think in that way, but at the same time it may not be YOUR motivation, which is something to keep in mind.

You have to have some level of interest in wanting to start that particular business, whether it's because you want to solve a problem in that area or you are passionate about the space and combining that with what the market wants.

But the other problem you have is not focusing on one project, that is the other huge problem and I'm guilty of this, when you keep switching projects (whatever the reason may be) you are obviously starting from scratch again, ESPECIALLY if it's in a different niche or area which means you will always be at $0.

So in a summary here is what I'd do if I could go back in time and I'm confident it would make all the difference:

Step 1: Choose an area that you have a genuine interest in and have a real purpose for / motivation for wanting to start it (not money chasing) while also providing something that the market wants.

Step 2: Dedicate yourself in this space until successful. If for example you want to start your own product (this is the eCommerce space) then do that, even if your stores keep blowing up and your products don't sell, but don't for example begin a SaaS company or something like that otherwise you will be starting from scratch again.

On a side note I noticed you said you wanted to achieve your dream lifestyle but is this something you REALLY want or is it just a nice to have thing? I know it can be nice to day dream and imagine living in a mansion and seeing gurus and shit on YouTube definitely doesn't help lol, but is it something that you want so bad? If not, if I was you I would stop right there and stop chasing that goal.

Lastly, with stuff like procrastination, it wouldn't be an issue the majority of the time if you actually had a real purpose / real motivation. If you look at a lot of people who have started businesses, even on shark tank, there is a common sentence that a lot of people say and it's "I got sick and tired of....", "there had to be a better way", "I wanted to solve....", see right there? That is purpose. They all had something that wanted to achieve and that was the product that they have right now.

Over the last few years I've definitely procrastinated more than I've worked consistently by far, but if I had a project I actually wanted to work on, it would be closer to being more consistent and nowhere near as much procrastination.

Sorry if these answers aren't concise, it's a really complicated issue and I understand where you're coming from. Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
I agree, so many people lack purpose and I questioned my own purpose.

My purpose is "To add value to other people's lives and leave a legacy behind"

Is there something I'm lacking? I'm interested in e-com/marketing stuff, which generates profit for businesses and myself.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
I agree, so many people lack purpose and I questioned my own purpose.

My purpose is "To add value to other people's lives and leave a legacy behind"

Is there something I'm lacking? I'm interested in e-com/marketing stuff, which generates profit for businesses and myself.
Yeah your purpose is good to add value to people's lives and leave a legacy, but I want to confirm that this is something you want to do yeah? Not just taken from the forum? The only thing you're lacking is "what sort of value do i want to add?" Maybe you want to solve a certain problem in business like for example if Uber didn't exist yet but you felt taxis were too expensive so you want to solve that problem and make your own service, that will become your purpose.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hey guys,

- work hard for 1 week.

Seems fairly okay.

Just reduce four days slump to one day.

Keep hunting for positive feedback in your work. Discourage comes naturally when you do not get the result immediately but keep trying different things.

I will echo that you have to seen the ends before the means. Know who the customers are, how they pay for your service and why they pay for your service is important. Websites, youtube and selling things online are just a mean.

Like for Youtuber creators are who the top in your niche. How much are they making from ads? What are the monetization channels. What is the cpm for your niche..Know the numbers really well.

If you have distractions and tendency to lose focus at home simply bring your laptop and do your work in public places with wifi. Treat your home as place to sleep only. It is incredibly difficult to slack off when there is no bed. And when you see people moving around and hustling-coffeen bean staff busy with order fulfillment…it is hard for you to slack off.

Last edited:

DG Kędzierski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Nov 12, 2021
Poland
Scramble your association with the word "work".

Work is a pretty dull word used by society to wrap such a large portion of human experience.

Try to instead think "awareness" and notice if it changes anything in your experience. Don't "work", just pay attention...

What's happening to you once happened to me too and I can tell you how things evolved for me:

- Start an online business? Go down rabbit hole of learning as much as I can about "online" businesses
-- Oh so things like Amazon FBA? Go down rabbit hole of learning as much as I can
--- Hit some road blocks - make the thing too complex by getting way ahead of myself.
--- Fear hits - the mind makes up an answer "But I don't even like inventory based businesses... "
---- Stop learning about Amazon FBA
----*STOP PAYING ATTENTION FOR A SHORT WHILE*
----- Start feeling guilty that I'm not doing enough - not being "productive" enough - not "working" enough

- With intense emotions of guilt, angst, and more stress - go back at it
-- Start a service based business? Go down rabbit hole of learning as much as I can about "service based" businesses
--- [...]
--- Hit some road blocks -
--- Fear hits - the mind makes up an answer "I should just BUY a business instead... "
---- Make the thing too complex by getting way ahead of myself
----*STOP PAYING ATTENTION FOR A SHORT WHILE*
----- Start feeling guilty that I'm not doing enough - not being "productive" enough - not "working" enough

- With even more intense emotions of guilt, angst, and more stress - go back at it
-- Start a SaaS business? Go down rabbit hole of learning as much as I can about Saas" business models
--- [...]
---- Hit some road blocks
----- Fear hits - the mind makes up an answer "I need to earn a Masters degree in CompSci before I take action "
------ Make the thing too complex by getting way ahead of myself
-------*STOP PAYING ATTENTION FOR A SHORT WHILE*
-------- Start feeling guilty that I'm not doing enough - not being "productive" enough - not "working" enough

Do you see the pattern? I hope so. But let's get to what we learn from this process:

You're not "wasting time"
You're not "being lazy or not productive enough"
Your problem is not that you lack discipline, or that you don't care, or that you're not worthy
In fact, there is no problem at all... How so?

I want to draw your attention to what might actually be happening: you are learning!

With time being a continuum of the moment before and the moment after, in the present moment you notice no change. You notice no immediate change in the individual, because you're the continuity of what just happened, and our human experience of life rarely flips from black to white instantaneously. It is only in retrospect that you might ever notice how the path changed, and how you arrived at where you are now. This requires time, patience, and a resolute love for yourself and the process.

What might be happening, is that you, as Thomas Edison did with many of his inventions, are learning how NOT to get to what you want.

What might be happening, is that you are learning to link the outcome of your current objective with what you might actually want out of life. It's only by imagining, going through the vision, that you might realize what the other side could potentially look like. And it's in reviewing this outlook on life, that you may begin to actually imagine what you DO want out of life, and little by little begin painting that vision in your mind.

What might be happening, is that with a lack of patience and with angst around what you ought to be doing, with angst around thinking you are unproductive and unworthy, you may be limiting your ability to think clearly and to truly use your creative energy. You might be subconsciously circumventing the creative thoughts that EMERGE out of you, by trying to force what they SHOULD be, comparing your endeavor based on what creativity emerges or has already emerged out of OTHER people.

To navigate forward, what you need is clarity. Instead of hopping around ideas with angst, what you can do is start simply by imagining. Yes. No "work" needed. My prescription is to put on some classical music, and just think. You don't need to take any notes, nothing to memorize or remember here, no to-dos at all. Your task is simple: observe your thoughts. Watch them go by:

" Oh did I lock my car"
" Oh creating a YouTube channel though!"
".. oh What about that new Acura I saw on the road, did you see the jerk that was driving it?"
" This is a waste of my time, I need to be... I need to be... I should research more"

Simply watch what thoughts emerge - notice yourself thinking them. Notice that they emerge from within.

Now put a slight intention behind your thinking: "What do I think is cool? What's something I find interesting?"

Simply watch what thoughts emerge - notice yourself thinking them. Notice that they emerge from within.

Now put another slight intention behind your thinking: "What's an act of kindness I can do MORE of? What was that thing I said to the clerk the other day and he smiled so big? How can I be more kind like that?"

Now tell yourself: " If I wasn't scared of anything, if I didn't believe that the world was going to run out, or that my life would be in some tragedy if I didn't do the thing, you know the thing, the work thing, the being productive, working out, eating healthy cause fitness right, what if nothing BAD would happen to you, if you simply allowed yourself to be?"

Ask yourself what if YOUR experience could be ANYTHING you wanted it to be, what could it look like?

From THIS place, you may begin to see clues as to what your intuitive might actually be pulling you towards.
From THIS place, simply pay attention, and let those thoughts become a part of you.
No need to write down what you learned, no need to memorize, no need to go watch Udemy courses on how to pursue the thing you just thought.
Just sit with it, and if you want, you can even "forget" about it and go do something else. Go for a walk. Go hang out with friends. Go tell your mom you love her.

These thoughts, you see, ALWAYS emerge FROM you. Your subconscious will not forget . You can always think them again :)

By being patient with yourself, by being loving to yourself and the ones around you, by trusting yourself and listening to what the voice within you is saying, you will begin to see a path towards the thing you actually want.

By continuing to be loving, and listening to yourself, your mind will begin to present you hundreds, thousands of iterations of what things can look like, how you can get there, and in one of my favorite mental models: how you GOT there in the future. From the perspective of this random future you just thought up, what are you now telling your kids and the ones asking you advice about how you MADE it to where you are? Imagine yourself on a podium of people seeking advice from you, wanting to learn from you, what do you tell them life is all about? What do you tell them, that if they pursue relentlessly, could lead them down your footsteps?

This is where the magic happens - you see from your OWN mind, the universe will begin to manifest your OWN lessons that you need to learn, your OWN path, what you ACTUALLY can be doing, or what you OUGHT to do that manifests from this future.

Here is where you need to be brave: you need to listen to yourself. Despite what others think, what they may say, how your life might change, what you must do is recognize that this voice from within you STEMS from the Universe. Rooted deep in your subconscious, you will never be able to "forget" or "ignore" this thought. Only temporarily drown it with some other thought. Because it stems from within you. What you must begin to do now, is to simply follow along with the vision and the path your mind offers you.

One step at a time.

With awareness.
With love.
With faith.
With compassion.
With patience.
With kindness.
With the recognition that all will be just alright. That you will be just fine. That there is nothing to be afraid of. That your ability to connect with the Universe, and to imagine a new thought, is your greatest strength. And that you will ALWAYS have this ability - so long as you pay attention and listen to yourself.

I promise you, your path will begin to reveal itself to you. You will "dabble" in different ideas less frequently, because with awareness and an intuitive vision, you will more closely iterate on the things you want and don't want. With each iterative step, your science experiment will spiral you closer to manifesting this vision in your mind and your perspective will become more clear.

You will continue to find things you don't want. Or that you thought you wanted very deeply, but that you've now learned you don't want. That is also part of it - as you continue to be a continuum of the last moment, the present, AND the future moment. As your experience unfolds, new thoughts emerge, your perspective will change. Do not be hard on yourself when this happens - know that this might be what learning feels like.

I promise you, if you practice some of these mental models, you will begin to see what you really want. When this happens, you will no longer have to worry about whether you're doing "enough" or being "productive" enough. When you're doing the thing you REALLY want to be doing, every bone in your body will be WILLINGLY doing the thing. You will not feel much resistance, you will simply WANT to be doing the thing, because there is no other thing you could possibly want in that moment, because your vision is now clear, and you are continuously paying attention to what you DO want. This will make something "hard" or something you might label as "work" to be something so natural and easy.

Just pay attention, and your inner creative will begin to serve you, to serve others around you, and to manifest beautiful things in this world. Money will follow, freedom will follow, personal liberty will follow.

I can't stress enough how important this post was FOR me.

Thank you for every word that you wrote.
I'm on this forum since yesterday and I already read a few posts to which I can very much relate. But your post just made me starring at the screen and just think. I've never experienced anything like that before.

Thank you, sir!

BlackPebbles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 25, 2016
Just want to say that executive dysfunction as a feature of ADHD causes total collapse after hyperfocus, which sounds like what you are describing. It is not hyperactive little kids running round, it is a literal disconnect in the "do stuff" part of the brain. What you can do today is get a coach who specializes in ADHD/neurodivergence business coaching until you can get a formal diagnosis. A neurotypical person can never give you advice that works if you are not neurotypical. You could do a thousand courses but it won't change the part of your brain that is stumbling. You can harness your processing speed superpowers of ADHD as long as you have support and guidance. Some people will need meds and you may be one of those, either way, you will still need support if your brain is neurodivergent.

mr4ffe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Nov 3, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
I relate 200%. I struggle a lot with following schedules, being on time, stopping tasks to initiate new ones, and my long-term memory sucks.

Like others before me have said, it sounds like you might have ADHD too. I am diagnosed with inattentive ADHD (formerly ADD), which essentially means there's no hyperactivity involved. I've held off on trying meds because they're really expensive, and I'm concerned about the potential side effects.

If you do have ADHD, you are not dumb or lazy. You have a biological impairment, and you need help. This article explains the details.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.