The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ecommerce solution to existing website?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

JHZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 24, 2017
México
Hello everyone!

I'm currently doing a web design project for a friend, I'm coding the site with a html template. My client would like to have a shopping section on the website, my question is: When using a html template, do you integrate a shopping section in the code, or do you use Shopify or some other third party app? I'm having a hard time with this, I'm thinking maybe the best is to make a separate Shopify store linked in the website.

Thanks!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello everyone!

I'm currently doing a web design project for a friend, I'm coding the site with a html template. My client would like to have a shopping section on the website, my question is: When using a html template, do you integrate a shopping section in the code, or do you use Shopify or some other third party app? I'm having a hard time with this, I'm thinking maybe the best is to make a separate Shopify store linked in the website.

Thanks!!

How many products is he selling? You could just do buy it now buttons or go with a full cart like Shopify.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
"Shopping section" is too little detail for us to give a meaningful answer. So all you'll get is the universal answer that answers all questions: it depends!

To expand on @biophase's answer a little bit...

If your friend/client only has a handful of products/services to sell, a full-blown shopping cart with product catalogue and all the yada-yada would not be necessary. The easiest way would be to drop "BUY NOW" buttons inside your HTML pages. You can generate the code for these BUY NOW buttons from whatever payment gateway your client decides to use (PayPal, Stripe, etc).

On the other hand, if you're going to sell a ton of products, then having a proper shopping cart that allows customers to browse and search your product catalogue, add multiple items to a cart, etc. It will also allow your friend (the store owner) to better manage inventory, easily create product variations, offer product bundles, integrate with external providers and marketplaces, and run some nifty in-catalog and post-order promotional campaigns.

Even for a hand of products, if you anticipate receiving a ton of orders, it may still be desirable to use a shopping cart to get a firm grip on orders and better manage customer data.

Good luck, and stay safe!

JHZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 24, 2017
México
How many products is he selling? You could just do buy it now buttons or go with a full cart like Shopify.
6, he would also like the option of a recurring payment for people who would like his product to be delivered on a monthly basis (although that option is not an absolute deal breaker, just something he thinks would be cool to have). I feel kind of lost as this is the first project that I do that includes shopping and payment, I will check the buy now buttons, thank you for your time biophase!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JHZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 24, 2017
México
"Shopping section" is too little detail for us to give a meaningful answer
Crap, it really was a very general description from my end :happy:
If I integrate a full shopping cart, is that something that I should code on my own or is there an existing tool that I can integrate to the site? I've checked a few but I'm still reading their docs and getting a better idea of how they work.

Thanks for your time George!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
6, he would also like the option of a recurring payment for people who would like his product to be delivered on a monthly basis (although that option is not an absolute deal breaker, just something he thinks would be cool to have). I feel kind of lost as this is the first project that I do that includes shopping and payment, I will check the buy now buttons, thank you for your time biophase!

He should just use Shopify and install a subscription/recurring payment app. You would put your store in as a subdomain like shop.xxxx . com

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.