The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't pay a penny and learn!

Gric

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 9, 2016
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Folks,

If you like to learn about ideas that are empirically tested or observed in other business, you could subscribe to this YouTube channel. Every week we publish "research findings" that could be utilized by businesses. It could be in form of a video on YouTube, or a piece of paragraph on our website, Google plus, Instagram or Twitter.

Currently we are running a series called: Bridging the gap between research and business. The idea is to translate implications of researches to fairly simple words for you as a businessman to understand.

Here are the links:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l0qifBNN67g1Tuj1nxuEA
http://gsb.balapour.com/
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111389454967221508347/111389454967221508347
https://www.instagram.com/gric.education/
https://twitter.com/Gric_Education

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
594%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Folks,

If you like to learn about ideas that are empirically tested or observed in other business, you could subscribe to this YouTube channel. Every week we publish "research findings" that could be utilized by businesses. It could be in form of a video on YouTube, or a piece of paragraph on our website, Google plus, Instagram or Twitter.

Currently we are running a serious called: Bridging the gap between research and business. The idea is to translate implications of researches to fairly simple words for you as a businessman to understand.

Here are the links:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l0qifBNN67g1Tuj1nxuEA
http://gsb.balapour.com/
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111389454967221508347/111389454967221508347
https://www.instagram.com/gric.education/
https://twitter.com/Gric_Education

You should do a research study on how inside groups react to new posters spamming their "free" training that will eventually (but probably never) be for profit later on instead of contributing real value here in the community so we begin to like know and trust you.

Also Ph.D. student... I think you mean "Currently we are running a series called:" but what would I know about that? As a businessman I tend not to understand big fancy words. By the way, peny has 2 n's unless that's another fancy term that's just completely over my head...

As someone who seems familiar with research, you might consider doing some. For instance, researching this forum, and the rules, and what people do/don't like. If it sounds like I'm a dick, it's because your ears aren't tuned to the entrepreneur channel. Welcome to the forum.

Gric

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 9, 2016
Fayetteville, Arkansas
You should do a research study on how inside groups react to new posters spamming their "free" training that will eventually (but probably never) be for profit later on instead of contributing real value here in the community so we begin to like know and trust you.

Also Ph.D. student... I think you mean "Currently we are running a series called:" but what would I know about that? As a businessman I tend not to understand big fancy words. By the way, peny has 2 n's unless that's another fancy term that's just completely over my head...

As someone who seems familiar with research, you might consider doing some. For instance, researching this forum, and the rules, and what people do/don't like. If it sounds like I'm a dick, it's because your ears aren't tuned to the entrepreneur channel. Welcome to the forum.

Not at all! thanks for pointing out those mistakes. Although I should not make excuses, but it is my second language and I am too reliant on my MS Words which corrects some words based on some guesses when I type fast and a couple of alphabets are misplaced. Anyway thanks for the feedback, in all respects feedback is appreciated.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

This is why we should make a barrier to entry for all new posters, where they have to pass a test over basic forum rules, questions about the book, etc.

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
Nice most of your Youtube videos got 2 views after being online a whole 2 months (mostly from September). The advice given is complete crap btw. Just the fact that your videos have no views proves that you're clueless.

Last edited:

Gric

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 9, 2016
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Where is the research??? I don't see any in your videos.
There are from Journal of Retailing, Journal of Consumer Research, Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, etc. I thought perhaps it is not interesting for audience to hear a bunch of names--I mean researchers' names. Sometimes there are 5 authors on a research paper. Perhaps what they found might be more interesting. So here is what I do: I will try to create a context or define the problem for my audience, then I will provide an empirically supported solution; and in the way I have dropped all the difficult and philosophical words that might appear in those papers.

Thanks for your question, perhaps I should name the researchers and their findings in the future small videos. If that question came to your mind, it might come to the mind of others as well.

Currently, these videos are just a warm up to spread the word about my channel. Surprisingly my Instagram was the most successful among the other. I am trying to figure out why and find a way to reach the right people.

I am running in slow lane if you may. I will try to write or record things that I find them interesting and publish them on my media. An undergrad student is helping me, and we are looking for another colleague to partner with us in the process of developing our business analytics curriculum.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
To me it looks like you're in business for yourself and not for your customer. You have five links to your stuff but you don't help me out at all. I watched your first video and I learned people were mad at the New York Times, so what? How does that help me? Why should I go to your second video? I want to know how to improve my business and make more money for me not the New York Times.

You are probably struggling to get views because your videos look boring and the titles look more boring. Nobody will search those titles.

It also looks like you're cheating. How do you have so many Instagram followers yet you have like 50 views total on YouTube. You also have 72 subscribers on YouTube! How did you manage to get more subscribers than total views???

As a customer you look boring and unprofessional. Almost seem like a scam. No thanks.

Gric

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 9, 2016
Fayetteville, Arkansas
To me it looks like you're in business for yourself and not for your customer. You have five links to your stuff but you don't help me out at all. I watched your first video and I learned people were mad at the New York Times, so what? How does that help me? Why should I go to your second video? I want to know how to improve my business and make more money for me not the New York Times.

You are probably struggling to get views because your videos look boring and the titles look more boring. Nobody will search those titles.

It also looks like you're cheating. How do you have so many Instagram followers yet you have like 50 views total on YouTube. You also have 72 subscribers on YouTube! How did you manage to get more subscribers than total views???

As a customer you look boring and unprofessional. Almost seem like a scam. No thanks.

Thanks lewj24 for feedback, so far yours was the most helpful one to me. Are you suggesting that I should be more careful with defining my titles, or make videos longer by giving more information?

What about the "boring part", I think it is important. Could you please elaborate on that? If you give a couple of practical recommendation I will be in your debt.

Regarding the Instagram, and YouTube. One of my struggles is this: some people watch and like my stuff on Insta, but I receive no traffic on my YouTube. Why? Am I following a wrong strategy?

About having 1000 Insta followers, yet low number of likes, I could say that I followed the strategy that has been offered by one of Fastlaners here to get more followers simply by following some and unfollowing them later. It was good to get some traffic on my Insta, but it does not contribute to my YouTube channel which supposed to be our main media.

Regarding "looking unprofessional", could you please help me find the problem? What made you think that way. It could be the potential problem behind having low traffics on my YouTube.

I am truly thankful to you because of sharing your feelings there is nothing more valuable than that to me because it is the only way that I could identify my weak points and work on them. Overall, the message that I received is that I should work harder.

There is yet another thing that I must bring to light. My very first video on this channel was published I think 2-3 years ago, and it was a couple of episodes on research software. That time I received many many views (like 10,000 on the first one), but still low number of subscribers. Even some people emailed me with very positive feedback. At that time I could not find how to stimulate them to subscribe.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Thanks lewj24 for feedback, so far yours was the most helpful one to me.

Others gave you great feedback as well.

Are you suggesting that I should be more careful with defining my titles, or make videos longer by giving more information?

What about the "boring part", I think it is important. Could you please elaborate on that?

Regarding the Instagram, and YouTube. One of my struggles is this: some people watch and like my stuff on Insta, but I receive no traffic on my YouTube. Why? Am I following a wrong strategy?

Regarding "looking unprofessional", could you please help me find the problem? What made you think that way. It could be the potential problem behind having low traffics on my YouTube.

What am I supposed to hold your hand through your whole life? Dude I can barely hold my own hand in real life right now. These questions need to be answered by you. Figure it out.

Do you even know what your competition is doing? Or how they are doing it?

Overall, the message that I received is that I should work harder.

I'm not sure about this. Work smarter. Execute better. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES.

My very first video on this channel was published I think 2-3 years ago, and it was a couple of episodes on research software. That time I received many many views (like 10,000 on the first one), but still low number of subscribers. Even some people emailed me with very positive feedback. At that time I could not find how to stimulate them to subscribe.

So? You deleted the video. So now it's irrelevant. Your customers cannot see it.

If you were able to get 10,000 views on one video before why can't you get 20 views now? Whats different?

Dude, you need to spend some time on this forum and literally read every thread. I'm not joking. Other guys way smarter and more successful than me have already answered a lot of your questions.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Normally I would delete this thread for self-promotion but the comments from the community have been insightful ... so I'll let it ride.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
The whole YouTube platform is free. Thats not something that people are going to respond too.
Plus time is the real money so respect your viewers time.

Up your production - lights, content, preparation, diagrams, titles, basically everything. Its hard to listen when it seems unprepared and with super low production. Its a visual platform, your videos have terrible lighting and lots of annoying shadows. You have several grammatical mistakes in your intro video, the market doesn't care if its not your first language.

You can learn how to make great YouTube videos easy FOR FREE on YouTube. I would play to your strengths and change your approach.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This is why we should make a barrier to entry for all new posters, where they have to pass a test over basic forum rules, questions about the book, etc.
In a way, it's easier to let spammers tip their hand within a few posts.

It's also instructive for members to see how other members react. When you see a post and know how others will react then you're already making progress.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.