The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't have any ideas for a business (college student)

Idea threads

LeonC

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 18, 2020
I'm a 20 year old college student in my second year studying engineering in Dublin, Ireland and I'm not enjoying it. My parents say I need a college degree to start a business but I don't want to waste another 4 years of my life while I could be starting something new. I would like to start up a business but have no ideas as of yet of what to do or what I would like to do . Any help would be apricated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
I'm a 20 year old college student in my second year studying engineering in Dublin, Ireland and I'm not enjoying it. My parents say I need a college degree to start a business but I don't want to waste another 4 years of my life while I could be starting something new. I would like to start up a business but have no ideas as of yet of what to do or what I would like to do . Any help would be apricated
Hi mate,

As I said earlier under in your last thread I'd start small. You don't have to build the next Apple this year. Why not start with a brand or a blog or just something you can build a healthy income with. It doesn't take long to earn 1k/month, if you put in the work needed. Scale the business and around month five you could you could be able to make a living from it. (depends on how much you work and where you live)
Then you can focus on creating your start up, without worrying how you'll be able to pay your rent.
You just need to be committed und you need to put in the work. And yes in the beginning it's a lot, but you'll get rewarded for it.

- Kasimir

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Leon, you gotta do two things at same time - go to school and while you're there think of something for a business.

From there you have two scenarios.
1) You create business (with profits) and drop out.
2) You don't create business but you get degree.

It's a win win.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.