The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I can build anything as a programmer. But I don't have any ideas on what to build/what problem to solve to make good money.

Idea threads

anon9601

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 31, 2020
I don't want to rot away at a job or freelance for the rest of my life. I want to build a SaaS or app, sell it and make good money.

But I don't have any good ideas. Not even asking ChatGPT hundreds of questions helped me find a good idea.

It's all about finding a problem, a need, and providing a solution for it. But I don't know what! I can build anything, albeit slowly. But I don't know what to build.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I don't want to rot away at a job or freelance for the rest of my life. I want to build a SaaS or app, sell it and make good money.

But I don't have any good ideas. Not even asking ChatGPT hundreds of questions helped me find a good idea.

It's all about finding a problem, a need, and providing a solution for it. But I don't know what! I can build anything, albeit slowly. But I don't know what to build.
Copy something currently in the market.
Your idea doesn't need to be entirely unique.
Example: Look for trade-offs they made during the development and make the opposite-trade off.
You just need to figure out a differentiator that the market will value over someone else's product.
Once you build it, compete.

Ben_HB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 15, 2023
Canada, British columbia, Abbotsford

I'm in the same boat, Minus the programmer part. idk what to make, Ik I want to make something online just don't know what

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Any physical business needs to run better. It’s all me and my buddies talk about.

“I just need to streamline the headstone business, we’d be able to open up showrooms all along I5 if I had a good system, I think I’ll hire a firm to build it out for me for like 100k I just need to find a good company to build it for me”

Actual conversation my friend had with me.

Find normal businesses and tell them you’re a kickass programmer who can help make their business run better and tell them you should chat and see if there’s a way to put your skills to use. Tell them “what I do is find businesses that need to improve their systems, they need help selling online, automations, etc. I help them and I’m damn good at it, tell me about your business goals

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.