The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Developing a marketing attribution SAAS

Idea threads

Chrisrod2597

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Feb 3, 2022
Hi everyone, my name is Christian and I am an entrepreneur working on a new SaaS that I believe will be a valuable resource for small businesses. The problem I'm trying to solve is the lack of visibility small businesses have into the customer journey. It can be difficult for them to understand how their customers found them and how they interacted with their website, which makes it hard to optimize marketing campaigns and target their efforts effectively.

That's where my SaaS comes in. It helps small businesses track and understand the customer journey, so they can see exactly how their customers found them and how they interacted with their website. This information is invaluable for optimizing marketing campaigns and targeting efforts more effectively.

I'm excited to share this idea with the entrepreneur community and get feedback on whether this is a problem other small businesses are facing. I'm also interested in hearing about any similar products that are currently available and how they compare. I'm looking for insights and advice on the best way to move forward with this project and bring it to market. Thank you in advance for any thoughts or suggestions you have!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi everyone, my name is Christian and I am an entrepreneur working on a new SaaS that I believe will be a valuable resource for small businesses. The problem I'm trying to solve is the lack of visibility small businesses have into the customer journey. It can be difficult for them to understand how their customers found them and how they interacted with their website, which makes it hard to optimize marketing campaigns and target their efforts effectively.

That's where my SaaS comes in. It helps small businesses track and understand the customer journey, so they can see exactly how their customers found them and how they interacted with their website. This information is invaluable for optimizing marketing campaigns and targeting efforts more effectively.

I'm excited to share this idea with the entrepreneur community and get feedback on whether this is a problem other small businesses are facing. I'm also interested in hearing about any similar products that are currently available and how they compare. I'm looking for insights and advice on the best way to move forward with this project and bring it to market. Thank you in advance for any thoughts or suggestions you have!
I'd say it's a major problem, and not just for small businesses. When we take on a new Google Ads client we assume conversion tracking isn't working until proven otherwise.

I don't know too many solutions. I heard Hyros is one but haven't used it.

Chrisrod2597

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Feb 3, 2022
I'd say it's a major problem, and not just for small businesses. When we take on a new Google Ads client we assume conversion tracking isn't working until proven otherwise.

I don't know too many solutions. I heard Hyros is one but haven't used it.
Thank you

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
I've used a tool like that from Yandex like 7 years ago. It gives you an actual video recording of the user's actions on your website. Super helpful but I'm not sure if it's legal anymore

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sufi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 1, 2023
North America

Hi Christian! This is an awesome idea & something I’ve thought about often as well (I currently work in a role that deals with identifying & scaling different growth channels).

One of the biggest challenges I’ve seen with small businesses is that the decision makers for adopting technology (especially SaaS) are averse to it if it has any sort of a learning curve or if it’s not free.

You’re very early in the exploration stages, so I don’t have any specific feedback for you, but there are two underlying & common traits that I’ve noticed with every SaaS platform that have successfully & profitably captured the small business space:
  1. Marketing by helping the decision maker visualize themselves as an improved version of themselves.
    • It’s just as important to make the decision maker feel that by adopting your platform, they’re a smarter business owner/manager.
  2. Prioritizing ease of use over all else
    • The easier you can make the platform to use by following existing paradigms they operate in (for example, making the customer info UI look similar to an iPhone Contacts UI), the more success you’ll see with adoption.
    • The more you can make the data actionable & digestible in a format that is relevant to their business (and that helps them understand what to do next based on it), the quicker they’ll see the value in sticking with your platform.
I hope the above was helpful in some way. Wishing you the very best, and if you have specific questions, I’m happy to help share my two cents from my experiences working with small business companies!

Chrisrod2597

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Feb 3, 2022
Hi Christian! This is an awesome idea & something I’ve thought about often as well (I currently work in a role that deals with identifying & scaling different growth channels).

One of the biggest challenges I’ve seen with small businesses is that the decision makers for adopting technology (especially SaaS) are averse to it if it has any sort of a learning curve or if it’s not free.

You’re very early in the exploration stages, so I don’t have any specific feedback for you, but there are two underlying & common traits that I’ve noticed with every SaaS platform that have successfully & profitably captured the small business space:
  1. Marketing by helping the decision maker visualize themselves as an improved version of themselves.
    • It’s just as important to make the decision maker feel that by adopting your platform, they’re a smarter business owner/manager.
  2. Prioritizing ease of use over all else
    • The easier you can make the platform to use by following existing paradigms they operate in (for example, making the customer info UI look similar to an iPhone Contacts UI), the more success you’ll see with adoption.
    • The more you can make the data actionable & digestible in a format that is relevant to their business (and that helps them understand what to do next based on it), the quicker they’ll see the value in sticking with your platform.
I hope the above was helpful in some way. Wishing you the very best, and if you have specific questions, I’m happy to help share my two cents from my experiences working with small business companies!
Thank you so much Sufi for your valuable input!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.