• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Depressed by wasted time with 0 accomplishment

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Raphd, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Raphd

Raphd Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $242
    Thank you TheGuy! Writing down by good vs my bad habits and analyzing it is a really good idea and something I have never done before and could be immensely helpful.

Thanks to you I will from now on have a different perspective when I see Einstein's quote regarding insanity. When creating a habit you need to repeat the same thing over and over so that it becomes embedded in your daily routine and the one I need to start working on is taking ACTION!

2. Raphd

Rep Bank:
    $242
    Laughingman21 that solution is beautiful. Love those questions and they are so relevant to my situation and my fears. Thanks Man! Will add them to my morning routine.

Laughingman21 likes this.
  3. Raphd

Rep Bank:
    $242
    Amp0193 you are probably right, I have been averaging about 5-6 hours of toss and turning sleep for the last 4 years. Just need to figure out where I can fit the extra time I need to work on my Fastlane. Being a family man the only time I have is early in the morning before heading to the gym/work.

amp0193 likes this.
  4. Raphd

Rep Bank:
    $242
    Done and thanks for this.

5. Sampath

Sampath Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $336
    My pleasure, to help wherever I can be of value. I am in similar situation, but taking baby steps.

Kruiser likes this.
  6. LiveEntrepreneur

LiveEntrepreneur Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $781
    I'm so glad that helped, that's awesome! I am going ok so far, my mind definentely feels in a better place more at peace, I have also got an app with over 1k downloads. Question, if I was to ask you "What is business about?" what would you say? If you were like me before and said "it's all about making money", this could be possibly part of your lack of motivation. I used to think in business when someone started it was all about money. Not true, it was about value, for some it was passion. Something important to think about, that's the thing that gave me an epihany, realizing what business was really about. And that was creating value. Value first, money second.

Raphd likes this.
  7. Startup Steve

Startup Steve Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $447
    You've done quite a bit to understand the proper behavioral patterns of life but something is holding you back from executing.

As others have shared in different posts set up a kanban board [link removed by Mod] - Create a board for each area of your life and fill it with action items. This will help you keep accountable for actually getting things done. I would also try to find an accountability partner that can check in with you to make sure things are moving along.

Seems to me the first thing you want to tackle is working long hours with prolonged travel. I'll assume you work in business or technology. The market is extremely strong right now so you should be able to find a role within the team solving specific problems within an organization that would allow you to work remote. If you need any help with this I would spawn an individual thread here brainstorming what to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  8. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,455
    @Andy Black @Fox @Vigilante @AllenCrawley

Suspicious posting with a lot of mentions of some Trello rip off.

AllenCrawley likes this.
  9. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,635
    Buy a small business.
    Craigslist and bizbuysell are great places to start.
    Take action.

Quit the pity party and get to work. You have accomplished a lot. Give yourself some credit.

@Raphd Seems like you are trying to hit the homerun. Make solid contact with the ball first. Get the ball in play and start moving some baserunners.

Take a few days off. Relax. Your subconscious will continue working. Get some sleep. Come back at it with a new attitude and get sh*t done. Sell. Provide value.

PureA, TheCj, Kruiser and 1 other person like this.
  10. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $70,226
    removed.

@Startup Steve please go easy on the links when you are new on the forum. That is two removed today.

It is great that you are engaged but it can be seen as suspicious when someone is so new and posting a lot.

Thanks.

Kruiser and Andy Black like this.
  11. Swisii

Swisii PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    It doesn’t matter if you read 1,000,000,000 books. It’s never about working through tons of information to start something. If you’re looking for action it’s going to come to you. Application and understanding are very different from access to regurgitated information. I don’t labor without results. I don’t care who is my coach. He’s not getting paid until I’m a champion. It’s the real world. There’s nothing theoretical about business. You can’t take the same steps as anyone successful. If you want to be an app developer to make an idea of emerge. You should set a goal so it won’t spiral out for 8 years. Quick app development- 6 months; you can’t argue it takes so long to learn skills. It’s about a 20 hour workload to get the basics down in pretty much anything if you’re optimal with your thinking. If apps do not work? Move along. Money comes to those who seduce it well just like women and pretty much anything in life. If you start trying to force business relationships you’re going to get a reality check. Trust the universe. You’re not a one man island. I know there might just be a ton of fear to bet without understanding the nuts of bolts about life but it’s just how it is. Trust your intuition and just be real. I wouldn’t trust any seminar or book for the chance of the right info to do under any situation. It’s like a slot machine business to me but I have a lot of experience and a weird perspective about effeciency and time. Sorry to sound rude. God bless

12. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $47,666
    What time do your kids go to bed?

Can you work after that?

I'm just saying... don't sacrifice your health, when you don't even have a plan yet. You can think of ideas while you're commuting, or at day job, or whatever. When you've got a clear direction... hit the gas, and sacrifice some sleep if you want.

Daniel A and Kruiser like this.
  13. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,652
    Admin Post
    When you're looking to get started, new to entrepreneurship and stuck in a rut, I suggest to just get started with a hustle. Don't pay too much to CENTS. Earn some little wins. Learn the essence of entrepreneurship. Then start looking at the bigger picture.

You can't play for the World Series until you master Little League.

Welcome to the forum my friend.

Roz, Kade, Daniel Davis and 19 others like this.
  14. TheCj

TheCj Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $75
    One thing that is awesome here, Is that can be around people who have read the same good and scammy books. Tried or been intrigued by the same things MLM etc.. on the same path too freedom. As well as experiencing the same struggles as you are now.

Things I have been applying is recapping my day. At the end of the day I jot down things i did that were good, and things i did that i need to improve. The need to improve things are time wasters or actions that made me feel like wasn't moving forward. A way to look at my actions and make myself aware that if my day wasn't moving me in a positive way, that i need to try something else.

Re-motivating myself with my why always helps. Taking time to dream write it down refocus etc..

Also the win your day concept that was mentioned here somewhere I have found helpful. Taking goals then breaking them down. Giving yourself 1-5 small tasks for a day that will make some even if it is marginal progress. I find it helps to clarify what a good day is.

Also refer and use this link as a reference: GOLD! - 8 Steps That Will Radically Change Your Life in 30 Days or Less, Guaranteed.

superb likes this.
  15. Raphd

Rep Bank:
    $242
    Thank you for your feedback ZCP. Buying a small business is something I had on the back of my mind but never really pursued the idea other than scrolling through the businesses for sale.

Your right I need to get off this pity wagon and embrace my past and look forward.

Regarding hitting a home run you are absolutely right even more so now where I feel like I need to start/do something big because I've lost some much time. This was actually one of my questions for after my restart this weekend if I should deep dive into something that hits all the CENTS or anything that I can start taking action immediately so I get results. I was thinking of doing the value challenge and try to get it done in less than the 30 days. Your right I need to get some R & R time, maybe I will only use Sunday for my restart and just chill all of this coming Saturday.

16. Raphd

Rep Bank:
    $242
    Thanks Amp0193 I get your point. Usually night work isn't ideal for me because its not consistent, I have to take care of the wife sometimes too and to be honest it impacts my sleep even more because my brain keeps working all night. What I will do is start going to bed earlier and be a bit more consistent on my sleeping schedule. Try to get at least 7 hours of sleep a day.

17. throttleforward

throttleforward Platinum Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $13,147
    This is one of the best posts on this forum.

Bekit likes this.
  18. Raphd

Rep Bank:
    $242
    Wow! what an honor to have the Maestro himself contributing to this thread. Thank you for taking the time to write such amazing books MJ's they are life changers and I wish everyone could have the opportunity in their lifetime to hold one of your books in their hands. Even if books don't exist in 15 years I will make sure my son reads your books. After reading TFM all I wanted to do was handed out to all the Uber/Lyft drivers that picked me up and told me their struggling story of why they are drivers now.

Thank you for the advice it's really spot on, I've been trying to hit a ball at 130 mph while I still haven't figured out how to hit 40 mph ball. A side hustle could be the perfect remedy.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Sampath likes this.
  19. Raphd

Rep Bank:
    $242
    So took this weekend as a bit of an opportunity to relax and rewire my brain and analyze a bit of the things I have been doing incorrectly in the past. So here is my plan for this week starting tonight:

Go to bed at 10 PM or earlier
    Review exactly what task I will cover the next day

Wake up at 5 AM
    Write down goals
    Write 3 things I am grateful for
    Meditate for 10 mins.
    Review my analyzes work from this weekend regarding why I keep jumping from one shiny object to the other and not sticking to one idea even when things become difficult or not the way I wished.
    Work on side hustle until 7 AM - about 1.40 mins - in this case work on selecting an idea

I've come up with a list of ideas but would like to get your opinion.
    Most of my ideas are physical product related but I don't think this type of business would be suitable for me for the following reasons:

- Little time to process orders, get goods packed and bring them to the post office
    - My current job requires me to be on the road 50 % of the time
    - Living in a small country with 4 different national languages I think the scale is not large enough to move the idea from a side hustle to a full-blown business.

Any suggestion on what type of business I should look into? Anything that could get a sale in the first 30 days would be an extra motivator for myself.

Hopefully, by the end of this week I will have identified an idea that is about bringing value instead of just making money like in the past.

Sampath likes this.
  20. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $162,053
    Two lines I like from a guy called Blaise Brosnan:

“You can’t invoice for input.”

“The market doesn’t pay for activity.”

What will you do to help someone this week?

What will you do to make a sale?

MB2 likes this.
  21. MB2

MB2 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $758
    Hey @Raphd, it is just a part of the process. First you do action faking then you transit into action taking. Sooner you change from action-faker to a$$ kicker, the better you feel ; because, taking action and getting feedback is one amazing high that you could ever have. Yes it is natural as well.

I've been here in fastlane journey for two years in which one and half years was full of action faking and doing nothing. You know everything but you don't act. You know you want to, but you don't act. You understand all the theories but still you don't feel like acting on them. Why is it? What do you think? In my case, I didn't wan't it bad enough. Becoming complacent is one of the worst thing that you could do to your own soul. Stagnation kills your soul alive. What you are feeling right now is exactly that. Don't run away from that. Feel it. Let it cruise through your entire body. It doesn't feel good, does it? I've been there. As a former action faker who just ended his action faking years; here's my two cents.

1. First be grateful for how far you've come,the very fact that you are here in this out-of-ordinary place, is an indication that you want more out of life. Until, you end this self-induced cycle of blaming yourself; you never gonna go far. First end the cycle of immersing yourself on your own s**t.

2.Read the Unscripted 8 beliefs; especially the process vs event and the fixed vs growth.

3. Draw up a plan. Decide right now what you want and set a yearly goal for that. Make sure your plan has set of milestones.

4. Take action right away. Vow to take consistent action for 30 days. Develop a strong discipline. Develop a morning routine that helps you to bring the best version of yourself every single day. Do it every single day and never stop.

Move in the right direction and gather up the momentum. Enjoy the ride while passing your milestones; but never ever stop growing and improving yourself.

Win the day for every single day and never stop winning the day.

cheers

LiveEntrepreneur and TheCj like this.
  22. COSenior

COSenior Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,591
    Highly endorse this book.

23. AlessioLC

AlessioLC Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,106
    One thing that you need to keep in mind is that THE idea won't pop fully formed, it will also take time before you can see anything interesting.

Keep yourself updated on trends, help anyone you can, start selling things, keep reading but not too much, i've read a lot of books, finally you don't need much, read the entire forum and the 2 books and you'll be good.

I've learn way more from the insider / most read threads than from the other books, MJ's book & forum are all you need.
    After this, it's a patience game, try to keep your ears & eyes wide opened.

Heard someone at lunch saying "damn i wish X would be easier to..." could be an opportunity, or not, you make your research.

Stay motivated my friend, it takes time, but as you don't have any plan or business, get your 2h sleeping time back ! More energy is also better to create ideas.

24. The Autobahn

The Autobahn Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $102
    Are you perhaps near Zurich ? A lot of startups and meetups are created there..
    From "Diamond coin" to "Creating a Clothes Line" i attended many meetups in Zurich, however there are some big differences to the American Market. The main thing is to find a Niche and set it up Professionally from there you could enter the Fastlane...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 4:30 PM
  25. Sebastya

Sebastya Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $1,562
    I think all us entrepreneurs suffer from this "shiny ball syndrome" to one degree or another. For me, it never really goes away - but you can learn to control it. I've cut down on reading some blogs and listening to some podcasts. That helped me.

Focus on one business and give it one year, no side businesses. After that, if you haven't seen even a little bit of progress, then you can allow yourself to try something else. Good luck man.