• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Depressed by wasted time with 0 accomplishment

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Raphd, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Sampath

Sampath Be the Change that you want to see in this world Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $428
    Hey Ralph,
    My thoughts:
    It is good you are getting into a process/timing, try and be flexible but do what it works. Usually, the real work may be an hour, but getting the prime hour for your work is a battle with distractions in your path.
    1. Sadly, unless you take the time to analyse the past projects it is hard to proceed further...for all that you may be heading the same wrong way.. so please do First things first;
    2. I agree ideas will keep flowing, if you don't manage yourself well, ideas will be your distractors. Capture ideas in a journal or a computer file/ Evernote so that you don't lose;
    3. Identify one idea that mostly qualify towards C E N T S framework;
    4. Pick an idea plan-do-check-act / Act-assess-adjust as MJ says in his book clearly; Do it wholeheartedly at least 12 months, as somebody mentioned already.
    5. You may feel that there is no progress- due to tendency of doing few activities related to one project -feeling no activity (doing too many things is like too many activities) but is it result oriented. Bruce Lee once said ..he is afraid of somebody who is practising one kick 10,000 times as against some practising 100s of kicks few times. You have a choice. MJ also drove an idea clearly - BE MONOGAMOUS.
    6. Look around for time wasters (times when you may be involved in unnecessary activities)
    7. Your current job is an investor for your side project (so better don't complain about, instead think how smartly can you perform that and what you can learn for your other project - if appropriate);
    8. If customers love what you have to offer, language is never a barrier;
    9. Even if anybody offers a business idea - you have to analyse the feasibility, identify tasks that you may work, identify what works and what does not, skill required etc,.. YOU are the component not others.
    10. Lastly, please move away from doing a sale in 30 days "perspective", while it may be a motivator initially, it may not serve you real purpose. INSTEAD, dig deep and identify why you do want to be a fastlaner? What is your REAL WHY? Your REAL why is the INSPIRATION. Once you have the inspiration, motivation never dies.
    Hope it helps.

2. Nigel B

Nigel B Life Long Learner Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $942
    @Raphd Do you remember anything from the books, courses, etc? If so - not entirely wasted - all tools you can use once you commit. But committing is hard - it's why most people are in the slowlane, right?!

I think MJ's point that we fool ourselves into believing that having a job provides security is to true. There is WAY more security in having your own business as you control your destiny - good or bad, pivot, shift or whatever it takes! Even better is to have sold the first one for some level of financial security and being able to invest time and money in others (yours or other people's ideas).

But you have to knock the first one down. Sounds like the classic 'waiting for the perfect one' problem - as others have said, pick an idea, validate it, pursue it until it pays and try not to get distracted by shiny things and 'even better ideas' on the way!

This place will inspire you, and the people will help you all the way - there is no better place for people in your position as far as I know.

Good luck.

3. Neng Her

Neng Her Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $15

Golden Words MJ.

4. Raphd

Raphd Still in the ashes... Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $313
    Thank you Sampath you make an excellent point.

Need to spend further time analyzing what I did in the past that isn't working and not keep doing the same busy work over and over which I already feel that I have fallen into after two days of restarting.

Regarding point number 10, I think getting some kind of validation in 30 days would help me get the confidence I need to flip over busy work cycle that I have been stuck on. If this sale is headed towards helping or bring value to someone to you still believe it would serve no purpose?

Sampath likes this.
  5. Sampath

Sampath Be the Change that you want to see in this world Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $428
    Hey Ralph
    Point 10 ) If you are already in midst of having a product/service to offer and make a sale within 30 day mark...it makes sense, should be good- which will validate, update and continue the process.

My view- was not to jump and do something just to get a sale without having anything to offer.

Like somebody posted to your response - similar to craiglist - that would be another opportunity to consider.

6. GoGetter24

GoGetter24 Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,813
    Stop consuming content.
    Do not read, watch, or listen to, or purchase, another piece of business-content.

1. Decide on one new business venture that is inspired by genuine indicators of market demand.
    2. Start that venture and get it to market.
    3. Do not touch, think of, talk about, read about, or contemplate, any other idea for a venture until that venture is executed, in the market, and you've beaten the horse long enough to know if it's dead or a potential winner.

ZeroTo100 likes this.
  7. Fassina

Fassina Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $122
    Read Atomic Habits. Focus on primarily changing Identity instead of goals, actions and outcomes.

You should be asking yourself: Is this what a person making X dollars per year would be doing ? Would that guy do this thing I'm doing right now ?

Read that book, it's great and it deals with this type of thing.

*edit Also check out: Checklist Manifesto. Great book.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  8. Ivan M.

Ivan M. Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $870
    First, welcome to the forum

I can relate to this somewhat. I have 2 daughters and a wife that I would have to support off of one income, but I'm thankful that I can do this with one job and I'm still able to come home nightly to see them.

If you want my 2 cents, there are lot of opportunities you can do from home (ie. learn how to build websites, learn how to code and create app's or even write a book that you can give value to society). I'm in the same boat as you for I am also limited with my time as well. I'm in the midst of writing a book based off of MJ's book TMF. These are just some ideas.

I can also relate to this as well. Before reading Unscripted and TMF at 46, I thought that going to school to get good grades which, in turn, will get me into a good college only to find out that I borrowed my way through college for 6 years only to pay for it for the rest of my life. My first job was working at Lowe's and still haven't been able to pay off my loans yet at 48 years old.

I just wanted you to now that, like me, it's never too late to turn the tides in your life. Like MJ said in his book it doesn't discriminate and it doesn't care if your 20 years old or 60 or if you have an Ivy League degree or a GED, TMF meets you where you are now presently in your life. The question now is what are you going to do about it from this point?

I'm still fighting on to the realm of success and wealth, even though it might take me a little longer to get there, will you join me/us?

JH23 likes this.
  9. Raphd

Raphd Still in the ashes... Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $313
    Thanks for the clarification Sampath.

So no I have nothing in the pipeline at the moment....just a never-ending list of ideas and alot of paralysis analysis related to which one to pick.

Reason why I just wanted to select one that would get me some kind of validation in 30 days even if its a micro side hustle. This would get me executing and maybe long enough to move away from consuming of endless content.

10. Raphd

Rep Bank:
    $313
    Thank you GoGetter24 for the wake-up call. This is really what I needed and this thread to stir us back to towards the right direction. Those are the 3 steps I need to concentrate on in that order and do nothing else.

11. Raphd

Rep Bank:
    $313
    Thank you for this Ivan M. Its very touching to have someone else in the same situation and understand some of the pain points and frustrations. But at the same time its also very motivating. Let's do this for our future and the future of our kids!

Ivan M. likes this.
  12. rebel dude

rebel dude Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $124
    pardon on my English
    I think you are over doing.you just need to slow down a bit reading books is a good habit to have you wake up early is a very hard habit to master but the things that really matter is what you achieved with the time.
    how to really achieve things.
    ok ill give you my example
    so I recently found out that PUBG has good demand(i don't play games and I don't know anything about it) so first, I google where can I sell my PUBG mobile a/c.there are many platforms to sell a/c
    and I found player auction.

TASKS
    *find an a/c(very easy when most of your friend play that game)
    *create bank a/c
    *create PayPal a/c
    *list
    now I know what exactly I need to do give every task a deadline.
    here is how I've done it
    I list the a/c by asking my friend for a screenshot and list it when someone messages me and ready to buy it ill buy it from my friend and sell it very easy (its arbitrage)
    ill get it for like 20$ from my friend and ill flip it for like 80-90$.after all the fees(PayPal and player auction takes a cut )you get more like 50-55$ in profit that like 4k in Indian rupee and I've done it several times .you find the actionable task you do it.
    hope this helps:)

13. Raphd

Rep Bank:
    $313
    So after a few weeks of being offline and trying to concetrate on finding an idea I finally decided to launch a beauty related product that would help with appearance but also has other benefits in my home country of Switzerland.

So after the selecting an idea my next step would be to validate the market to make sure there is demand. So did a little research and looks like the best way to do this for a beauty product is through either Facebook or Instagram ok perfect. Started to get the ad and copy ready and that is when the penny dropped.
    There are four official languages in Switzerland and none are English...I only know 2 of them but not the dominant one...do I still go ahead and get someone to keep translating for me knowing that this will probably be a permant need for my entire business and potentially slow me down because everytime I will need to depend on this to be done? Or should I go back to the drawing board and look for something that could have a more international presence like web designer (its just an example I have no web design background).

To be honest I rather look for something else then try to learn a new language. You brutal honesty is more then welcomed cause I am tired of doing the samething over and over.

Pick something, get excited about picking an idea, fiddle with the idea a little bit, find a few obstacles, deal with some and then puff all the motivation and excitment for the idea vanishes and I end up back to square one filling my mind with information I won’t use or taking fake actions.

Anyone think that somekind of one to one session would help me or any other suggestions?

Thanks again and don't worry about being harsh I can take it and need it.

Sampath likes this.
  14. srodrigo

srodrigo New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $92
    I think @AgainstAllOdds has given you the recipe. It's easy to keep reading and reading, and you would never finish in 10 lives. It's ok to read to change your mindset, but once that's done (and given your quote above I want to think so), only read what you need to learn next. Use your greatest fear to fuel your will, create a process by taking actions and converting them into habits, and eventually into a new lifestyle, and you'll be on track.

Sampath and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  15. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $22,110
    Sounds like you are piddling instead of actually working to find a Productocracy.
    Quit wasting time and half assing.
    Reread the book and get to work.
    Create an MVP. Sell one. Pivot.

Sampath and Counter2828 like this.
  16. Sampath

Rep Bank:
    $428
    ACTION is the only cure to fight F.E.A.R my friend. Start taking little actions everyday. my friend.
    If you want a trigger to start; Imagine you are jobless and you need to bring food to the table and "your doing something valuable in the business is the only option"... i m not sure if this may work for you, but if it does, then why not.
    F-False; E-Enemy/Evidence; A-Appearing; R-Real

17. Sampath

Rep Bank:
    $428
    I get a feeling that you are trying to satisfy everybody [the world].
    What problem are you trying to solve here? I get a feeling here you are trying to make money vs. what problem you want to solve.
    For me - if it is the beauty product, i would not bother not knowing 2 languages, will focus on the other two i know. Focus on what I can with what I have. Since this is an online venture, you can offer to the world, unless you want to restrict yourself to the local market.
    Importantly- to validate something you have to take end-end, can't stop mid-way unless your idea/product is drastically not helping the customer. OR. You have'nt thought through really what is required. again you are jumping to one to another shining object.
    You can keep reading stuff for keeping right mindset; may be 20-30 minutes a day and take action with the remaining time. I know it is challenging and hard. Only you can answer if it is worth.

I don't mind helping.. I am not sure how to go 1-1 through this forum; will find out and keep in touch.

18. Ivan M.

Ivan M. Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $870
    Likewise, lets do this!!!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.