The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Delete thread - please don't ask.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1) Think before you post.
2) If a thread is no longer relevant (that you might have started) update the thread and tell us what you learned and/or would do differently. If the thread warrants "closing", a mod can do so.
3) Think before you post.
4) If privacy is a concern for your topic, don't post your name and/or personal details, including websites -- OR, post on the INSIDE where the site is not indexed.
5) Think before you post.
6) We are NOT here to serve YOU -- we are here to serve EACH other. Please think about this symbiotic relationship and how it works for a forum or community.
7) Think before you post.
8) If all else fails, think before you post.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
1) Think before you post.
2) If a thread is no longer relevant (that you might have started) update the thread and tell us what you learned and/or would do differently. If the thread warrants "closing", a mod can do so.
3) Think before you post.
4) If privacy is a concern for your topic, don't post your name and/or personal details, including websites -- OR, post on the INSIDE where the site is not indexed.
5) Think before you post.
6) We are NOT here to serve YOU -- we are here to serve EACH other. Please think about this symbiotic relationship and how it works for a forum or community.
7) Think before you post.
8) If all else fails, think before you post.

BUMP

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you are coming here to get an opinion, and yet, aren't prepared for an uncensored opinion, don't post.
If you are coming here to post your business idea, want feedback, get it, and then think you will want it deleted later, hence stealing everyone's time, don't post.

Bump.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Guys, think before you post. We are not in the habit of deleting threads because suddenly you don't like the answers, or suddenly you don't want anyone else to read the replies. If we are spending our time in responding to your thread, the price you pay for our time is the thread will not be deleted.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
hmm....It's all here. I've written things. Like M.J. stated, I don't think my failure will be what I wrote in Fastlane. I mean Lance Armstrong is a perfect example of someone that screwed up pretty much and he's still alive. :)

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Bump.

Had to get in on the action.

I don't even look at some of the old threads I posted.

At one point, I felt a certain sort of way about them, and it wasn't too positive.

@MJ DeMarco deleted the really crazy stuff when it happened.

All in the past now. Can't change it, and don't have a time machine.

What's cool is that when someone really relates with you, they'll go back and read your old shit, and connect with you on a deeper level.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bumpadeadleedoo.

PS: A thread that is 2+ years old and essentially buried, is unofficially deleted.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Bump

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The flip side to this is be conscious of what you decide to post here, because it could still be here years from now even if you regret it.

Yep.

It amazes me to see some of the flaming and arguing that goes on.

This is an entrepreneurial and business forum.

Business is about creating relationships.

What relationships are you building?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Yep. It amazes me to see some of the flaming and arguing that goes on.

This is an entrepreneurial forum.

People buy from people.

Business is about creating relationships.

What relationships do you want to build?

Exactly. There's no reason to get so rallied up because someone else has a different opinion than you. There should be a beer button. You send it to someone and you have a virtual beer with them. Everyone can just get along and have a good time.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
PS: A thread that is 2+ years old and essentially buried, is unofficially deleted.
It that still true? What does "unofficially deleted" mean?

I've found value in many posts older than 2 years...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It that still true? What does "unofficially deleted" mean?

Not sure what I meant here, but I think it was that the old, old threads are barely visible unless they become tagged NOTABLE or GOLD.

I can guarantee you there are a ton of threads (very old) that are worthy of gold or notable -- they're just buried. The best way to expose these is to view the forums at the thread level and then sort by # of posts or views.

Also, under the old forum software, the older threads were more difficult to find.

Jonathan C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 3, 2017
United States
Since this thread caught my attention, I would like to thank those who have responded to my posts. Its humbling that through this forum, I've brushed shoulders with people who exceed me financially and who also exceed me in other aspects. I respect you all.

I won't ask for my posts to be deleted.

This is difficult for me to say, and I fear that I may be making a fool of myself. Nonetheless, I feel moved to speak now.

There is one quote that I want to share. I have hesitated to share because I didn't want to come across as self-righteous. This seems like a good place to post it. It will help anyone on the path of wealth and life in general.

Wealth is good and we can do great things with it. Don't interpret this quote the wrong way. However, we must also remember what matters most.

As MJ says, chase problems, not money.

Take this quote to heart, and, good luck on your endeavors.

"Men of Athens, I am grateful and I am your friend, but I will obey the god rather than you, and as long as I draw breath and am able, I shall not cease to practice philosophy, to exhort you and in my usual way to point out to any one of you whom I happen to meet: Good sir, you are an Athenian, a citizen of the greatest city with the greatest reputation for both wisdom and power; are you not ashamed of your eagerness to possess as much wealth, reputation, and honors as possible, while you do not care for nor give thought to wisdom or truth, or the best possible state of your soul? Wealth does not bring about excellence, but excellence makes wealth and everything else good for men, both individually and collectively."

- Plato's Apology

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I respect your right to run your forum as you see fit.

Now I know that there is not a post deletion feature. I'll continue to contribute, in a somewhat different way going forward now that I know this and understand your reasons you've explained here.

Nothing about this rule is mentioned in the Terms and Rules section for new users, which I carefully read before joining, and in the IMPORTANT! Getting the Most Out of the Forum, which I carefully read when I received the link to it in the initial conversation upon joining.

I only discovered that this is the only Internet forum I've ever seen which prohibits members from deleting their own posts, a week after I joined. I respectfully recommend that there is some exposure of all new users to this rule, so that this unusual rule is well understood right from day one.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I respect your right to run your forum as you see fit.

Thank you. This rule is in place because too many people ask for threads to be deleted when THEY DON'T GET RESPONSES THEY LIKE. This is after dozens of people SPENT TIME responding, providing feedback (sometimes critical, valuable, and yes, sometimes not so valuable) so they run and try to delete the thread.

Wasting the community's time is not the purpose of this forum.

If someone takes precious time out of their life to provide feedback in a thread started by someone, the thread won't be deleted because then that user is stealing time from others.

Exceptions are if the thread has NO RESPONSES (then no one's time was stolen! Yah!) or if privacy becomes a concern.

I respectfully recommend that there is some exposure of all new users to this rule, so that this unusual rule is well understood right from day one.

Threads can be edited for some time (I forgot the duration, perhaps 10 days). Nonetheless, I'll make sure the terms are clearer. I think INSIDERS have unlimited edit time.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Threads can be edited for some time (I forgot the duration, perhaps 10 days). Nonetheless, I'll make sure the terms are clearer. I think INSIDERS have unlimited edit time.

Thank you.

I am reconsidering if it is an inappropriate privacy violation for me to share so much personal material, on a forum where I didn't know that posts can't be deleted. My request is with that context.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Thank you.

I am reconsidering if it is an inappropriate privacy violation for me to share so much personal material, on a forum where I didn't know that posts can't be deleted. My request is with that context.

I will call you Mr. Bloomer. If you knew who I was, Mr. Bloomer, you would know that I know everything about you. Everyone on the inside does, in fact. If you study my avatar closely, you may be able to decipher my identity. I've been in several highly acclaimed movies. That is an unretouched photo of me.

There is nothing you can do about any of that. It's the web and you are a part of it. Quite simply, you were born into it, and you will die in it, Mr. Bloomer. We are all a part of the web. But, unfortunately for you, my associates and I, alone, control it.

Do not try to contact us. We will contact you, if and when we need to.

Have a good day, Mr. Bloomer.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I will call you Mr. Bloomer. If you knew who I was, Mr. Bloomer, you would know that I know everything about you. Everyone on the inside does, in fact. If you study my avatar closely, you may be able to decipher my identity. I've been in several highly acclaimed movies. That is an unretouched photo of me.
There is nothing you can do about any of that. It's the web and you are a part of it. Quite simply, you were born into it, and you will die in it, Mr. Bloomer. We are all a part of the web. But, unfortunately for you, my associates and I, alone, control it.
Do not try to contact us. We will contact you, if and when we need to.
Have a good day, Mr. Bloomer.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
This update put me into a GREAT mood, thank you... Sir... and the Code Consortium which you represent...

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Bump.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Just fell over this thread. I must not spend so much time here;)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump for those who think the rules don't apply to them.

If you THINK you might want to have your posts deleted after lengthy discussions and conversations, do not post, much less, don't bother joining.

cikatomo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jan 7, 2014
Great Land of Canada
What if we start getting problems in real life because of thread we started? Would you delete then?
Would you at least hide it in private section?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What if we start getting problems in real life because of thread we started? Would you delete then?
Would you at least hide it in private section?

Sure, if there are privacy or safety issues, this is not an issue.

However in general this is not the case. The case is "Is X a good idea?" followed by 30 posts that the OP doesn't like to hear followed by "Delete this" -- nope. Delete your account? Sure. But the thread that wasted dozens of users time, stays.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.