• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

IMPORTANT! Delete thread - please don't ask.

Discussion in 'Forum News, Updates, & FAQs' started by MJ DeMarco, Jun 10, 2013.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,806
    Admin Post
    Want to know what forum theft looks like?

1. Post a thread.
    2. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of people take time to read it.
    3. Dozens more take time to respond and help. Some might spend an hour or more on your topic!
    4. After you read and review your responses, some of which you may not like, ask a mod to DELETE the thread or DELETE your profile.

The above describes forum theft.

And no, I won't delete your thread. You payment for the solicitation of our time is the thread/posts' existence to help educate other people.

If you are coming here to steal, please, don't post.
    If you are coming here to get an opinion, and yet, aren't prepared for an uncensored opinion, don't post.
    If you are coming here to post your business idea, want feedback, get it, and then think you will want it deleted later, hence stealing everyone's time, don't post.

You don't waltz into a convenience store, take what you need, and then say to the clerk as you exit, "I'm sorry, I thought everything was FREE; I thought your store and the time you invested in your store existed solely for my benefit..."

Please don't ask to have a your sh*t deleted. I will not comply.

If you don't like this policy (or don't agree to the terms of use governing this site) leave.
    Thank you.

:tiphat:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Xeon, Vilox, Jordan Yager and 54 others like this.
  2. theag

theag Most Aggressive Guy on the Internet on the Planet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $50,358
    Can you please disable the edit feature too for post older than x? Lots of times the OP is gone and the responses are worthless without it.

Gunther Herzog and Greg R like this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,806
    Admin Post
    I think it is set at 10 days.

Xeon and Greg R like this.
  4. DeletedUser2

DeletedUser2 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    are you going to put that 1 thread by PatrickP back up?

just curious

Z

Enki and theag like this.
  5. MMatt

MMatt Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,239
    So you're telling me after I get a dose of reality, I can't run with my tail between my legs and try to erase my shameful post? (end of sarcasm)

6. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $352,806
    Admin Post
    Bump.

Greg R likes this.
  7. Aivix231

Aivix231 Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $193
    If you come here then you need to stay here and help people, forum is comunity , not some help board only for you !

I think all forum members should be like family, to help each other if possible

8. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $182,502
    Come to think of it, in a strange way most of you do resemble my family...

9. Aivix231

Aivix231 Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $193
    Dont take it serously, its just how i tell it. Sorry about it ;)

2 people like this.
  10. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $352,806
    Admin Post
    You'd never guess why I need to BUMP this thread. Well, actually, you probably could figure it out. OMFG.

Greg R, nichiseven, Enki and 7 others like this.
  11. TJPB

TJPB Defy Ordinary Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,559
    I'd bet $14K that I could guess;)

12. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $352,806
    Admin Post
    If you want your account "deleted" here is how.

1) Use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any forum page.
    2) Message a request to have your account deleted.

Your account will be deleted, however, YOUR POSTS WILL NOT BE DELETED and/or REMOVED. Let me repeat that: Deleting your account will not delete your threads/posts/commentary. An account deletion simply labels all your posts to "Guest" and deletes your account/profile information from the system.

Roli, Greg R, Mattie and 6 others like this.
  13. libertad1312

libertad1312 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $49
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2018
  14. Runum

Runum Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,457
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2018
    garyjsmith and kkompoti like this.
  15. libertad1312

Rep Bank:
    $49
    Yes, I understand. I am not asking about deleting my posts, I am just asking to edit a small part.
    There is just one response to it and I am willing to ask the poster Bigguns50 if he feels like his time got stolen, when we edit my post.

I made this mistake to post the link here which could really get in my way using the Fastlane and at the end of the day the interests of the community should be about helping each other, not getting in their way.

Mattie likes this.
  16. hedgehog757

hedgehog757 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $207
    :bgh:

1 person likes this.
  17. Bigguns50

Bigguns50 Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $15,483
    At first I didn't think of it as 'stealing' because I'm 'giving' my time and my advice freely. No one is 'taking' my time. However, after reading that the person then wants a Mod to delete the post...therefore running off with my advice and time...well, I can see how that is stealing.

I didn't know this happens. Still....a**hole comes to mind before thief. Either way....they should delete themselves.

nichiseven likes this.
  18. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $352,806
    Admin Post
    Just curious...

If you fail, do you really think "this link" will be the reason why? How is posting a link to a webstore a deterrent to "using the Fastlane"?

Please help me understand as I don't see the connection.

PS: One alternative is to join the Insiders and then asked to have the progress thread moved to the inside. This hides the thread from the general public. We've done this several times as progress threads get more detailed and involved.

19. stranger

stranger Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    libertad1312, do you really think somebody will google your every store's link? Do you think somebody here cares what you're selling on your store?
    Stopping your posts here and everyone will forget of your store within a few days.

20. libertad1312

Rep Bank:
    $49
    I don't worry about people here reading it, but I worry about potential customers.
    It is a small online shop from oversea and of course many people will google the name before buying something. Then they will come to this forum. The women want to read a romantic story about somebody deciding to sell their handmade designs, made with so much love. Not a guys story who want to take the fastlane.

It will not be a reason why I fail, but at this point right now, it will reduce my speed a lot.

And for this reason I do ask to edit the two links, nothing more. Yes, it is my fault that I made the post and didn't read all the rules before. But common, this community is about helping each other and it is not very common not to be able to edit own postings neither.

Thanks for the advice, MJ DeMarco. For me it was always only a question of time to upgrade to the full membership. But to be honest this issue give me a very bad feeling and did push me away from here. Right now I would upgrade just to get this thread moved, so you will get my money anyway, but I would feel like dragged into it, because there is no other choice for me. Even though there would be so many choices like just editing it. Or why not make a spoiler? This could encourage more people to share links here.

21. theag

theag Most Aggressive Guy on the Internet on the Planet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $50,358
    If you don't want something to be on the internet, simply don't put it there.

22. Bigguns50

Bigguns50 Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $15,483
    Lib...I'm feeling your last message has the wrong tone to it. :nonod:

I don't think your post will make any difference whatsoever in your customers' decisions of whether to buy from you or not. However, you know your overseas market...I do not. Maybe the culture is such that the post would make a negative impact.

23. DennisDuty

DennisDuty Mini Media Mogul Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,277
    I think his request is pretty reasonable, for someone to just go back to his company name or link and replace it with [BUSINESS NAME DELETED FOR PRIVACY]. I know you said that user name changes weren't allowed unless it was for privacy/personal security and I kinda see this as the same thing, although I disagree that everytime somebody makes a mistake a mod should have to clean up their mess.

I personally know that when you google "Animated Elements: Doodles" A thread from this forum shows up... so any potential customer will find me talking about promotional strategy (which I'm okay with).. but I can imaging that if I was still promoting something like Social Media Management or Freelance Video SEO, I DEF. wouldn't want any potential customers seeing that I had a near 200% profit margin.

Libertad! Listen buddy:
    Help some people out, get some speed, and then post all confidential information in the Speedway! That's not indexed by google and it's free
    (although insiders is totally worth it. I was a member for 6 months and it helped me more than any book or course could. I'm reregistering to be an insider in sept)

Best of luck

3 people like this.
  24. libertad1312

Rep Bank:
    $49
    I know that people got from my page to this forum and they were not happy about this. I could never imagine that this makes a difference, but it does. So I know for sure that I have lost one customer this way and since it is probably pretty rare to find out about this there might be more.

Thanks for the understanding, DennisDuty. And also for the advice. Yes, I am sure I would profit from a membership. But I would like to do this step because I am happy to be part of the community and not to buy myself free from mistakes in the past.

If it still can't be deleted and a spoiler is too much work then I can make screenshots of my homepage and upload them and we replace these links with the links of my homepage.

25. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $352,806
    Admin Post
    Thank you for the answer and the explanation. I think they have some validity. I will remove the links.

OldFaithful, Scot, amanteai and 5 others like this.