The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please DON'T Drink Alcohol...

Felix Nachem

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Apr 5, 2022
Switzerland
It's just not worth it.

Yesterday I was in a birthday party and I don't see the pros in consuming such a bad drug.

For new entrepreneurs you are literally killing the momentum you've created in the past months.

• Your productivity is low
  • You are in a bad mood
  • You have brain fog
  • Your body feels like shit

It's just not worth it.

If you really take this serious and you really want to hit big then you need to quit drinking.

Not once a week or just in special occasions, QUIT entirely.

It's either reaching goals that last for a lifetime or drinking and having fun for a couple of hours.

You choose.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Mar 22, 2014
I like drinking alcohol on social occasions. Works for me. You do you.

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
I like drinking alcohol on social occasions. Works for me. You do you.

Just like the "don't drink coffee" post last week, the phenomenon will continue in this thread. The majority of responses will be like this, taking an oppositional stance to OP's premise.

Well, not so much now that I've stated that. Nothing against you Tiago, just sharing an observation. Human nature is funny.

StefKPG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 27, 2024
I think the word 'drug' is used quite well. From my personal observations, a lot of people end up with alcohol problems, especially with today's mood, but they don't realise it anymore...

It's not a generalisation, of course, as Tiago says, some people just drink from time to time and never have any problems, but you have to admit that nowadays the trend seems to be more towards excess than moderation. But it's true that if you can abstain, it's a good thing. And it would be a shame to miss out on a good opportunity because of a little bump on the nose ;)!

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
331%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I almost never drink. But then when I drink… I drink properly. 2-3 bottles of wine, 6 beers, and so on. Down it with loads of water, you never get hungover or sick.

I think I haven’t drank in 2 years. And that means not even a sip for New Year’s. But one of these days, I’m going to drink so much it won’t even be funny.

When I was at university I used my entrepreneurship earnings to drink a 6-pack of beers every evening. It was fun.

I might as well add that I never vomited from drinking. The only time I vomited was when I ate at the famous underwater restaurant in Dubai about 5-6 years ago. It was some shrooms they put in the salad which got to me. I actually have massive anxiety about vomiting, so that was terrible.

Nowadays though I’m weak — my stomach is a lot more sensitive. Back in my uni days I’d drink a few bottles and felt great. Now I have a beer and I get heartburn LOL!

Kevinn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Mar 3, 2023
Some friends invited me to some Prom/Graduation after parties this week. You'd be amazed at how many parents let their kids get batshit drunk without a care in the world.

My greatest flex is staying clean throughout high school lol. It's sad to see people you know succumb to alcohol/drugs.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
If you really take this serious and you really want to hit big then you need to quit drinking.

Any evidence to support this? Or are you just pushing your beliefs onto others?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
It's just not worth it.

Yesterday I was in a birthday party and I don't see the pros in consuming such a bad drug.

For new entrepreneurs you are literally killing the momentum you've created in the past months.

• You are in a bad mood
  • You have brain fog

It's just not worth it.

It's either reaching goals that last for a lifetime or drinking and having fun for a couple of hours.

You choose.

I seriously doubt that having a beer on occasion is going to cause these issues jeezus lol.

Lighten up a bit.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Aug 8, 2021
I seriously doubt that having a beer on occasion is going to cause these issues jeezus lol.

Lighten up a bit.
Yes. Felix Dennis would've loved a word with OP.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
A guy I train BJJ with probably earns at least 200k a month. He comes to class stoned sometimes, and loves ahhh..... doing other stuff on occasion.

I know heaps of people like that.

That's not to say you should abuse drugs, but it's flat out not true what you say.

I will have a beer when I want.

natavjp

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 19, 2024
I think you would be much more to the point if you named your post: "How I improved my life and productivity by cutting out alcohol entirely" Then you just list the benefits and show that there is no added value. FYI, I also don't drink, but I'd never tell other people, please do not drink, it is bad for you.

rankyourlist

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 14, 2024
It's just not worth it.

• You are in a bad mood
  • You have brain fog

It's just not worth it.

You choose.
Sometimes it depend on mood . but If you quite it permanently, then it makes normal. alcohol makes a man senseless also push to do bad thing. I think that sometime we should avoid such a thing ,which harm our sense activity. people who lived in our sides, they need us. for that reason we need to avoid such a bad thing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.